Alexander Dimitrenko

Blue Devils

Mentor
[url]http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EkkyZApVFVvM tfWZYT.html[/url]
smiley32.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Denis Boytsov won today as well, taking every round on one scorecard, and all but one round according to the other two judges: 79-72, 79-72, 80-71. Maddalone was down in the second round. I heard it was an entertaining, action-filled fight.Edited by: JD1986

white is right

Hall of Famer
The ko resembles the solar plexus punch that won the title for Fitzsimmon over Corbett way back in the 1890's.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Nice vid post JD1986.

That was a beautiful left to the body. It was text book in fact. With this win Dimitrenko firmly places himself in the top 10 of anyone's heavyweight list. He shows good skills for such a big man. The only thing I don't like is the pawing jab but he does not do it all the time. He's young and big and learning. A great find who should make trouble for the title at some time. He's defintely a player to watch.

As for Krasniki I am glad to see him go. His name sounds Greek but he's not. He is Albanian. Those same Albanians -Muslims- that are taking Kosovo from the Serbs. I once read his bio on a European site and Krasniki said his favourite boxer of all time was Muhammed Ali
smiley5.gif
. We know where his allegiances lie.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
My top ten list for heavyweights looks like this. First is Wlad, Vitali, Povetkin, Chagaev, Dimitrenko, Valuev, Ibragimov, Chris Arreola, Boystov, and Sam Peter. That puts 8 whites in the top ten, 1 hispanic and 1 black. That is not bad at all. I would have had Platov in there but he has been inactive for a while. There are also other good white prospects like Brian Minto, Kali Meehan, and Jd Chapman. Chapman must start facing tougher competition real soon if he would like to get his career rolling.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
My top ten list for heavyweights looks like this. First is Wlad, Vitali, Povetkin, Chagaev, Dimitrenko, Valuev, Ibragimov, Chris Arreola, Boystov, and Sam Peter. That puts 8 whites in the top ten, 1 hispanic and 1 black. That is not bad at all. I would have had Platov in there but he has been inactive for a while. There are also other good white prospects like Brian Minto, Kali Meehan, and Jd Chapman. Chapman must start facing tougher competition real soon if he would like to get his career rolling.

That's a pretty fair list '33, but where would you put Haye? Haye is now on everyone's top 10 list whether he deserves it or not. I always include the cruiserweight champion in the top 20 regarless of who he is. I would put Haye at about 12 or 13 right now. How about you?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I haven't put Haye in the top 10 because he hasn't proven himself in the heavyweight division as of yet. If he beats a contender then I would put him in.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I just notice that Haye won his first fight at heavyweight against Monte Barrett. Haye was knocked down twice during this fight though. That shows he has weaknesses.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
'33: Yes, Haye is just another contender. On certain sites some seem to think he deserves special status. To me he has to prove himself like anyone else.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Haye is now ranked 4th on boxrec right after the Klitschko's and Valuev. If Monte Barrett put this guy on the canvas twice during that fight Klitschko should have no problem. Haye is fighting at 215 right now which is way to small to challenge Klitschko.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Haye's balance is odd and his hands are always low and he lunges forward to attack. Those things, combined with a persistent inability to take a punch, suggest he will not fight more than five fights at heavy before he ends up knocked out. Of course, if he fights a Klistchko before then he will get knocked out anyway.

I am not trying to stir controversy. However Haye was not knocked down at all during the Monte Barrett fight. Haye knocked Barrett down 3 times I believe. Haye was hardly even touched during the fight. I am not a fan of Haye, however he has a hard solid punch and has a puncher's chance against anybody. I would rank haye at about # 6 right now behind the 2 Klitchko brothers, Chagaev, Povetkin, and Valuev.Edited by: aussieaussie31

Sean

Mentor
Haye knocked Barret down 5 times in the fight. Haye was down once, but it was ruled a slip.

Haye himself says he can be knocked down, and that adds to the excitement of his fights. I agree. Haye is really exciting to watch. Barret didn't land anything worthwhile the whol fight, except twice, and those two made Haye take notice. If light punching Barret can do this to Haye, what awaits him when he fights a skilled heavyweight with some power.

Haye did give a lot of props to both Klitschko's after the fight, and Vitali returned the favor. Haye is actually living up to his promise. He is sparking a lot more interest in the Heavyweight division. I think it's great. It will just make Wlad or Vitali look even better when they knock him out in 3!
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Haye was knocked down twice. One was ruled a slip and the second one even Haye admitted it was a knockdown. I read an article which quoted him saying it was a knockdown.

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Haye was knocked down twice. One was ruled a slip and the second one even Haye admitted it was a knockdown. I read an article which quoted him saying it was a knockdown.

Yes, I meant Haye was truly down once. He slipped/tripped in the second and it was rightfully ruled a slip. He was knocked down once, in the 5th. This was wasn't counted as a knockdown, but it was. Haye was off balance, which caused the knockdown, but the ref ruled it a slip, and penalized Barett for hitting Haye when he was down.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I hope it's not Dimitrenko he needs more seasoning he isn't ready yet. Let him fight another veteran measuring stick/gatekeeper type before he takes on Wlad. Maybe a Ruiz type or McCline type.

JD074

Master
I agree. He was basically fighting an even fight with a past his prime Krasniqi before that awesome body shot. It was still a good win, but he's not ready for Wlad.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews.com

Dimitrenko in eliminator!
WBO #1 heavyweight Alexander "Sascha" Dimitrenko will reportedly fight in a WBO heavyweight eliminator on July 4 in the huge Color Line Arena in Hamburg, Germany. According to BILD, Dimitrenk will face the top available contender, likely "Fast" Eddie Chambers.

referendum

Mentor
This is great news, as Dimitrenko deserves the shot. If its Chambers I think thats a fair fight, as he fought pretty well against Povetkin, and defeated Peter. If Dimitrenko wins, that would meant Wladimir would face two mandatory white fighters in row, Povetkin and then Dimitrenko.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This will be Dimitrenko's toughest challenge yet. A win against Eddie Chambers will prove he is one of the top heavyweights in the world.