2023 NFL Week 6

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Its' rare to see any qb regress as quickly as Russell Wilson. The Broncos vastly overpaid for an aging past his prime qb!
Yeah, he's just plain awful. There is NO WAY that Stidham could possibly do worse.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Sad that I'm not at the game. The best part of Chiefs games is doing all of those cultural appropriation chants and things that fly in the face of the wokesters trying to cancel everything.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Love to watch these games where Singleton and Jewell take turns making tackles.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Watson missed a catch he should have made and is now down. That was probably the most painful play in the game. White guys have no margin for error on these kinds of opportunities.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just have a problem when posters cry wolf over every perceived slight. Sure, the league is corrupt as hell, but not everything is scripted to help black players. In support of white players, which is what we are here to look for, there are many positives in this game. Kelce is a beast, on defense for the Chiefs, Tranquill, Chenal and Karlaftis have been great. For the Donks, Singleton and Jewell have 13 solo tackles between them already. This is football, not Flat Earth.

I get what you are saying for sure. I'm trying to just to call it out like I see it - Mahomes throws an INT and a flag comes out. It very may well be that I am just hyper focused on that and I think that the Chiefs have been the beneficiary of a very large number of favorable calls as compared to other teams. I think the AFC Championship game last year was one of the most egregious examples of the Chiefs being favored by the league. I did state that their was some contact on the play from this game though. I don't want to get off topic though.

As for the Broncos - Russ is cooked. Just remember both he and Kirk Cousins came out in the same draft, Cousins is still playing at a very high level. Wilson's legs are gone and his short stature is not becoming a bigger hindrance since he can't roll out to one side like he used too. Last year he stated he wanted to play until he was 45 but he looks like Matt Ryan did last year in Indy (Ryan was 37 last year).

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Broncos have been playing 6 White players on defense in this game, 3 on the line and 3 LBs. Zach Allen just sacked Mahomes. Their D has been good too, holding the mighty Chiefs offense to 19 points and just one touchdown. I think five is the most that have been on the field at any time but not sure.

Hopefully their defense will continue to improve as it's one of the best, if not the best, to root for from a CF perspective.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Broncos have been playing 6 White players on defense in this game, 3 on the line and 3 LBs. Zach Allen just sacked Mahomes. Their D has been good too, holding the mighty Chiefs offense to 19 points and just one touchdown. I think five is the most that have been on the field at any time but not sure.

Hopefully their defense will continue to improve as it's one of the best, if not the best, to root for from a CF perspective.
Yes. All week long local talk radio has harped on the "history badness" of the Denver defense. The last few years, the defense has been the strength of the Broncos so this year has been disappointing. Glad that they put together a very good performance. I really like the Allen sack, they compared him to JJ Watt (at least in appearance, it's a start!)

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Russell Wilson held under 100 yard passing.
But he threw a touchdown pass, so his fantasy value probably wasn't in negative territory! :sisi2:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Jewell and Singleton out there knocking skulls! I hit a parlay for them to both go over on tackles. Easy money.

Russ seems washed. I agree he’s a step slower and doesn’t look as dangerous on his rollouts.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Also valid points on watered down sumo OL play. Good OLs work in unison! That’s why snowplows are so effective! Most of these college offensive lineman don’t even get down in 3 point stances let alone fire off in run block schemes.

wile

Master
Chiefs must have the greatest O-line in the league at least by me watching last years' SB where Mahomes can scramble about for an hour on each play and yet not a single hold called on them. I digress though because if I keep going I will mention my theory on how Michael Irvin could push away every Packers' DB on every big play he made, and that my friends is totally "unreal."

Edit; We are only engaged in the oldest of sports fans traditions grousing about the refs, I imagine in Rome the Blues and Greens were doing the same.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Yeah, he's just plain awful. There is NO WAY that Stidham could possibly do worse.
Agreed, despite my loathing of him, I had to admit he had abnormally long staying power for a black quarterback and remained very good for a decade.

He fell off a cliff dramatically the last 2-3 years in way seen few times prior.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Agreed, despite my loathing of him, I had to admit he had abnormally long staying power for a black quarterback and remained very good for a decade.

He fell off a cliff dramatically the last 2-3 years in way seen few times prior.
Newton also declined dramatically and he 29/30 years old at the time. Once their mobility is gone that’s it.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I get what you are saying for sure. I'm trying to just to call it out like I see it - Mahomes throws an INT and a flag comes out. It very may well be that I am just hyper focused on that and I think that the Chiefs have been the beneficiary of a very large number of favorable calls as compared to other teams. I think the AFC Championship game last year was one of the most egregious examples of the Chiefs being favored by the league. I did state that their was some contact on the play from this game though. I don't want to get off topic though.

As for the Broncos - Russ is cooked. Just remember both he and Kirk Cousins came out in the same draft, Cousins is still playing at a very high level. Wilson's legs are gone and his short stature is not becoming a bigger hindrance since he can't roll out to one side like he used too. Last year he stated he wanted to play until he was 45 but he looks like Matt Ryan did last year in Indy (Ryan was 37 last year).
Wilson's career trajectory is eerily similar to McNabb's career plummet at roughly the same age. Once both lost their speed they drifted down to replacement level back ups.

The media repeatedly stated the line of "Russ needs to be able to cook" what he is cooking now is Spam on Wonder Bread. His career freefall is so bad you have to wonder if his path to Canton is blocked now.

Supposedly all Broncos that are worth anything in trade are on the trading block but obviously Wilson will have no suitors at his salary and cap hit with the quality of play he has shown in Denver. https://nfltraderumors.co/broncos-will-listen-to-trade-offers-for-pretty-much-anyone/

Russ is clearly washed, but his overhyped WR group is not doing him any favors. On several occasions last night, Russ escaped the pocket, and no one even bothered to move to his side of the field let alone get open. Mahomes' entire career has been built on Travis Kelce's ability to just "get open" when he escapes the pocket. Some receivers understand the game at a higher level, and pretty much every white guy allowed to catch passes falls into this category.

Jerry Jeudy, whose Wonderlich score was 9, is a great example of a player who looks great running predetermined routes in practice but has no feel for the game. He is trained to run the route that's called and can't be expected to think beyond that. I think even the DWFs recognize the value of having the "safety blanket" token honkey, usually a TE (the Caste Approvedposition) to bail out this new generation of scrambling quotas.

Warhawk_46

Master
Newton also declined dramatically and he 29/30 years old at the time. Once their mobility is gone that’s it.
Newton also declined but I would say he was always an inferior quarterback than Wilson. Newton had one really great year. Other than that he was average or worse. He scored a lot of rushing touchdowns because he was the de factor running back inside the 20s.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Newton also declined but I would say he was always an inferior quarterback than Wilson. Newton had one really great year. Other than that he was average or worse. He scored a lot of rushing touchdowns because he was the de factor running back inside the 20s.
That’s true. He was a solid qb for a time but when he hit the wall it was obvious.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That’s true. He was a solid qb for a time but when he hit the wall it was obvious.

Newton dressed like the lgbtq people do. He was tall and muscular yet acted feminine. The guy showed his lack of toughness in the
Super Bowl but being afraid to jump on the ball that he fumbled despite it being right in front of him. What a tough guy! So overrated!