2023 NFL Super Wild Card Weekend

jphoss

Mentor
I’m leaning more towards the lions but I’m good with the rams winning too. Looking forward for the 49ers to end the what will be a week of insufferable slobbering over jordan love. He’s played well but like most quota’s I foresee him coming back down to reality soon

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Enjoying White men playing defense in this one. The Rams and Lions should at bare minimum represent a norm. Instead the 2 teams have more White defenders then the other 6 playoff teams combined.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
That screen to Nacua, used to be run all the time for Kupp.
But Kupp hardly get targeted these days.
I saw an interview with former wr Steve Smith(?) ... he said it is well known that Stafford has always picked one receiver to focus on, and thus that receiver would always have big year. Then he named a bunch of receivers that benefited from being Stafford's chosen receiver.
Unfortunately Kupp is no longer that receiver.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kupp has been little more than a glorified blocker in this game as I've been watching him on most plays. I think it's because all his leg injuries have taken a toll as he doesn't look as quick or fast as he used to. And Nacua looks like a younger version of Kupp, faster than Kupp currently is but also with the same great hands and the ability to run after the catch. Just gotta hope that the long offseason helps Kupp get back to what he was or at least close to it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
An actual entertaining non-blowout playoff game! McVay did a great coaching job for the Rams this season, Stafford had another fine year as well. Personally rooting for JJ McCarthy to end up with the Rams, learn under Stafford and an offensive minded head coach in McVay but that is a pipe dream at this point.

Lions are easily one of the teams for us to root for moving forward.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That was the best outcome from my perspective. Close, well-played game. The relatively White friendly Lions finally win a playoff game after Dan Campbell rebuilt the team's "culture" and move on to the next round. The Rams pretty much mortgaged the future two years ago via trades and trading draft choices to win a Super Bowl, and they succeeded. They paid the price last year with a bad season but Sean McVay showed again that he's a top three coach in the league as they made it to the playoffs this year and are again a team on the rise, a quick and amazing rebuild on the fly.

That may well end up being my favorite game of the post-season. Go Lions and 49ers!

Warhawk_46

Master
For what it is worth, Stafford has continued to go to Kupp (9 targets, only 5 catches for under 6 ypc) but something is very off between them. The excellent rookie has, essentially, taken over as the guy in the offense. Kupp’s inability to string together consecutive great seasons due to varying injuries will be his downfall in HOF consideration.

I hope he comes back stronger next year as I do think he is the most talented WR on their roster. He should be able to generate another season or two of 1,000 yards if he can only stay healthy. That is a big if though.

Edit: I understand Kupp’s low YPC is due in large part to the routes he now runs, but in the past he would make big YAC from short throws that he just hasn’t been able to for most of this year.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Imagine if Kupp can get back to where he was . . . Kupp and Nacua could be a fantastic, caste busting, receiver duo.

Lions:
Anzalone - 8 total tackles, 6 solo, 2 tackles for loss
Hutchinson - 6 total tackles, 4 solo, 2 sacks, 2 tackles for loss, 5 QB hits
Campbell - 5 total tackles, 4 solo
Cominsky - 3 total tackles, 1 QB hit

Rams:
Hoecht - 6 total tackles, 2 solo, 0.5 sacks, 2 QB hits
Rozeboom - 4 total tackles, 2 solo, 1 tackle for loss
Williams - 3 total tackles, 2 solo, 1 tackle for loss

Snow Plow

Guru
Lions:
Anzalone - 8 total tackles, 6 solo, 2 tackles for loss
Hutchinson - 6 total tackles, 4 solo, 2 sacks, 2 tackles for loss, 5 QB hits
Campbell - 5 total tackles, 4 solo
Cominsky - 3 total tackles, 1 QB hit

Rams:
Hoecht - 6 total tackles, 2 solo, 0.5 sacks, 2 QB hits
Rozeboom - 4 total tackles, 2 solo, 1 tackle for loss
Williams - 3 total tackles, 2 solo, 1 tackle for loss
Great stats.

Hutchinson benefited with some luck tonight, but he deserves it based on how many pressures he has this season.

Hartline

Guru
On a genetic level the QB position is massively white.
Yeah so many of the quota backs now are half caste mulattos. Love, Stroud, Mahomes and to a lesser extent Dak all clearly have significant white ancestry

Last edited:

Hartline

Guru
It's a shame the Lions, Rams and 49ers are in the same conference. Hopefully one of them wins the NFC.

I still like the Bills in the AFC, mainly because of Josh Allen, and because there's very little else to choose from.
49ers/Lions vs Bills is the best SB for us.

wile

Master
The Mexicans and other Great Replacers prefer their futbol (soccer) over American football.

I've long thought that as well but there probably is a lot of crossover. One day while I was bored and flipping thru the wasteland of tv programming I came upon the Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader tryout show on some channel and gave it a half hour of my life. It was mildly entertaining watching attractive white girls do attractive white girl things till the show panned the camera of the Cowboys' cheap seats and it was America 2.0