2023 NFL Super Wild Card Weekend

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Game over but at least Jake Ferguson got a hat trick in garbage time.

I’m thinking McCarthy is fired and Dak will be on the hot seat next year. Playoff wins or else they will probably let him leave in free agency.

Gator Dad

Guru
A defense with zero White players gives up 48 points. Yet the Shapiro-cons will still claim that "the best players play" and sports is "the last true meritocracy."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Game over but at least Jake Ferguson got a hat trick in garbage time.

I’m thinking McCarthy is fired and Dak will be on the hot seat next year. Playoff wins or else they will probably let him leave in free agency.
You never know with Jerry Jones. He really really likes Prescott. I'd say it's 50-50 McCarthy goes and probably 75-25 Prescott is resigned rather than letting him go in free agency. In his old age Jones has become noticeably less impulsive than he used to be.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's a shame the Lions, Rams and 49ers are in the same conference. Hopefully one of them wins the NFC.

I still like the Bills in the AFC, mainly because of Josh Allen, and because there's very little else to choose from.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
You never know with Jerry Jones. He really really likes Prescott. I'd say it's 50-50 McCarthy goes and probably 75-25 Prescott is resigned rather than letting him go in free agency. In his old age Jones has become noticeably less impulsive than he used to be.

His blind devotion to Prescott will be his undoing. McCarthy has actually been a very good coach for Dallas - 42-25 overall with three consecutive 12-5 seasons. I really don't see any other coach coming in and putting the Cowboys over the hump. Prescott is simply not a big game QB, he chokes when the game is meaningful.

Riggins44

Master
Hopefully this game is competitive. Whoever advances will be good for us, but I'm leaning towards Detroit because it's been so long, like never, that they've done anything in the playoffs.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
His blind devotion to Prescott will be his undoing. McCarthy has actually been a very good coach for Dallas - 42-25 overall with three consecutive 12-5 seasons. I really don't see any other coach coming in and putting the Cowboys over the hump. Prescott is simply not a big game QB, he chokes when the game is meaningful.
Dak did his usual Dak things in this game, the pick 6 that he threw was simply awful, but this one wasn't all on him, the Dallas defense was abysmal. And yes, as noted earlier there were no crackas to focus in on after every huge Green Bay offensive play.

El Gringo

Mentor
Vander Esch still out with that damn neck. He should have been nearing superstar status by now. Instead he's Sean Lee 2. Lost season and maybe lost career.
He should have been a outside linebacker/de like he played at BSU. Even though he excelled the first couple years as an inside linebacker, his body type wasn’t meant for it.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
the Dallas defense was abysmal. And yes, as noted earlier there were no crackas to focus in on after every huge Green Bay offensive play.
BTW, wasn't there someone named Micah Parsons that would dominate the defensive side of the ball and shut down offenses? Did he play today? I didn't hear much from him.

Warhawk_46

Master
The Dallas "defense" has been beyond pathetic. Lots of GB receivers and TEs roaming free with no defender within 10 and 20 yards, and the run defense has been non-existent. And the Cowboys supposedly had one of the best defenses in the league. Tell me again why Whites are a tiny minority on college and NFL defenses.
There is absolutely no way to rationalize it other than to come to the conclusion they are being purposefully left out of playing defense.

The NFL is losing its talent-pool because the people running the show (read society at large) refuse to put many of the best players in the field because they are white.

Riggins44

Master
Why do some blacks do the stupid flip I to the end zone? You could easily injure yourself doing that. Idiotic.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Outstanding QB duel so far. . .
Indeed! This has been the best game of the playoffs so far, by far.

I really don’t know who to root for as I like both teams. Just hope the White athletes continue to show out!!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Can't decide if I want LA or Detroit to win. Certainly has been entertaining. Stafford with some amazing throws, one being a no look completion.