2023 NFL Preseason

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to Darnold in the 2nd half. The black analyst on the NFL Network was surprisingly blunt and honest in his analysis of Lance. He sounded a little like me LOL.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lance almost throws a second INT - dropped by the LB.

No worries. Like with most of the magical flick of the wrist guys even if he did they would reverse it because of some made up penalty.
I see it all the time. Every trick is used to prop them up from dumbing down the play book to all the rules to hurt defenses and help to
open up the offenses for the mobil oily hips qbs with the bright smile. No worries as the game of football has never been more boing.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cole Fotheringham of the Raiders is having a nice game so far with 4 receptions for 58 yards.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
@wile Lukas Van Ness. That’s about it. I’ve never been more disinterested in a Packers roster as this.

Looking forward to Darnold in the 2nd half. The black analyst on the NFL Network was surprisingly blunt and honest in his analysis of Lance. He sounded a little like me LOL.
lance is the type of QB you want to play against, no wonder the 49ers haven't won a SB in almost 30 years

TwentyTwo

Master
@TwentyTwo looks like Haener bounced back from a rough start and threw the game winning TD.

O'Connell starting for the Raiders - looks sharp so far. Interestingly enough on a running play O'Connell was tackled by a defensive linemen right after the hand off. Not sure if this was a missed penalty or a rule change? If defenders are not allowed to tackle/hit a QB in the backfield like that it would certainly eliminate some of this RPO stuff.

Saints/Chiefs both have quite a few White defenders relative to the caste system:

Chiefs have Drue Tranquill, Leo Chenal, Cole Christiansen, Jack Cochrane, George Karlaftis and the Saints have Ryan Connelly, Ty Summers, Pete Werner, Brian Breese, Jack Heflin, Niko Lalos.
Yes indeed @Leonardfan ! Even during the rough start ; guest in the TV booth Drew Brees had high remarks for Haener. Accuracy ; mobility ...and that word again "Moxie" (see Stetson Bennett ; Joe Burrow etc) + has Zip on his passes! Nice to see him get that Final TD drive!

Of couse one idiot buffoon in the Saints board was talking about how slow the Back up LBers were ...after the topic had been started how good Ty Summers & Ryan Connelly played (It had only had 2 Upvotes / 5 Downvotes)
....i had to remind the dweeb Summers ran a 4.51 @ 241lbs!..

Last edited:

Phall

Master
We live in an insane world where Stetson Bennett cannot win any more trophies on the field, but I can't tell you what team he's on.

The big house negro is going to turn his franchise around! Wait, what? I would've picked a few quarterbacks ahead of him, and even a couple black ones! But they are not SIX FOOT FOUR.

We live in a very gay world, and frankly I am ashamed sometimes to simply be participating in it.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Yes indeed @Leonardfan ! Even during the rough start ; guest in the TV booth Drew Brees had high remarks for Haener. Accuracy ; mobility ...and that word again "Moxie" (see Stetson Bennett ; Joe Burrow etc) + has Zip on his passes! Nice to see him get that Final TD drive!

Of couse one idiot buffoon in the Saints board was talking about how slow the Back up LBers were ...after the topic had been started how good Ty Summers & Ryan Connelly played (It had only had 2 Upvotes / 5 Downvotes)
....i had to remind the dweeb Summers ran a 4.51 @ 241lbs!..

I thought Ryan Connelly played really well. Ty Summers really didn't get involved in a whole lot of action. The action didn't seem to come his way that I could tell. Connelly broke up a pass.

Haener's int. was a difficult back-shoulder throw which the receiver was clueless on. Drew Brees pointed out the effort by the receiver as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I thought Ryan Connelly played really well. Ty Summers really didn't get involved in a whole lot of action. The action didn't seem to come his way that I could tell. Connelly broke up a pass.

Haener's int. was a difficult back-shoulder throw which the receiver was clueless on. Drew Brees pointed out the effort by the receiver as well.
Thanks for the detailed summary! Connelly is a very good LB, has had some injury issues.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...lashed-superstar-potential-in-preseason-debut

Can’t make this **** up! Look at all the predictable caste speak florio uses too.
Wow, that's an amazing take by Florio. One of the worst, most awful QB performances of the weekend propped up as wonderful. I especially like the lipstick-on-a-pig description of Richardson's terrible INT: "Richardson’s first-drive interception was a missile delivered flat-footed and falling backward with a flick of the wrist". And this somehow makes it good? Imagine this same play described by Florio if the QB was melanin-deficient.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Florio is a mask hole and obviously a cuck. So not surprised at all.

Lol. That Florio description. Imagine his description of one of those wrong way runs such as by Jim Marshall vs the 49ers in the sixties. Screw the fact that points were awarded to the other team, he'd be enthralled with "tree trunk thighs" and "fantastic swiftness" and "deft coordination."

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lol. That Florio description. Imagine his description of one of those wrong way runs such as by Jim Marshall vs the 49ers in the sixties. Screw the fact that points were awarded to the other team, he'd be enthralled with "tree trunk thighs" and "fantastic swiftness" and "deft coordination."

Florio brought out all the classic tropes. Wrist flick (this has been well documented for 15+ years at CF as a black qb only trait. Not to mention he already assigns the Colts failure if they do not coach Richardon to achieve his ceiling (ie. dat upside). Putting the impetus on the Colts organization rather than on Richardson himself to improve. I could dissect and rip apart these hacks all day.

"He has a very strong arm and a lightning-fast release. As noted on Monday’s PFT Live, Richardson’s first-drive interception was a missile delivered flat-footed and falling backward with a flick of the wrist, which came as he rushed in the face of a blitz from a defensive back lined up in the slot.

The Colts will need to give Richard the kind of coaching any young quarterback needs in order to reach his ceiling. Richardon’s ceiling seems to be high. Very high."

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Florio brought out all the classic tropes. Wrist flick (this has been well documented for 15+ years at CF as a black qb only trait. Not to mention he already assigns the Colts failure if they do not coach Richardon to achieve his ceiling (ie. dat upside). Putting the impetus on the Colts organization rather than on Richardson himself to improve. I could dissect and rip apart these hacks all day.

"He has a very strong arm and a lightning-fast release. As noted on Monday’s PFT Live, Richardson’s first-drive interception was a missile delivered flat-footed and falling backward with a flick of the wrist, which came as he rushed in the face of a blitz from a defensive back lined up in the slot.

The Colts will need to give Richard the kind of coaching any young quarterback needs in order to reach his ceiling. Richardon’s ceiling seems to be high. Very high."
I’ve said it before. Richardson is not a good quarterback and he will not be one. Perhaps he could play another position well but he is not a winning nfl quarterback.

The more that clowns like this get propped up the more the game suffers.

I don’t really watch the pros anymore I just follow it on here, but the trend does not seem very good at qb

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I’ve said it before. Richardson is not a good quarterback and he will not be one. Perhaps he could play another position well but he is not a winning nfl quarterback.

The more that clowns like this get propped up the more the game suffers.

I don’t really watch the pros anymore I just follow it on here, but the trend does not seem very good at qb

I think one of the most remarkable contrasts between young QBs was on display yesterday with 4th rounder Aidan O'Connell and Trey Lance. It was very obvious that O'Connell has more talent outside of running the ball - his arm strength is better, mechanics are better, accuracy was better, his command of the offense as a rookie was better, his decision making was better. I'd argue he put up the best performance of any rookie in preseason week 1. It was one of the more stunning displays of competence vs incompetence and an apples to apples comparison than I can recall in the recent past.

Warhawk_46

Master
@wile Lukas Van Ness. That’s about it. I’ve never been more disinterested in a Packers roster as this.
Agreed Bucky… and I say this as someone who grew up and still lives in Wisconsin (Waterford). This is a odious a roster as I can ever recall.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think one of the most remarkable contrasts between young QBs was on display yesterday with 4th rounder Aidan O'Connell and Trey Lance. It was very obvious that O'Connell has more talent outside of running the ball - his arm strength is better, mechanics are better, accuracy was better, his command of the offense as a rookie was better, his decision making was better. I'd argue he put up the best performance of any rookie in preseason week 1. It was one of the more stunning displays of competence vs incompetence and an apples to apples comparison than I can recall in the recent past.

Even Bozo the Clown Trey Lance had only 1 rush for 2 yards while taking 4 sacks for -18 yards. It's all about that upside though!

I think this could be one of those QB classes where none of the top guys live up to the hype, but a lot of the later round guys carve out 10+ year careers.

Anthony Richardson, aka the worst college passer to ever be taken in the top 10, looked the part. He went 7/12 with one of the dumbest interceptions I've ever seen at the NFL level. He missed a ton of easy throws and was even off the mark on several of his completions. Not to be outdone, CJ Stroud had perhaps the worst performance of all the top 10 magical QBs. He finished the day 2/4 with an interception almost as bad as Richardson's.

Meanwhile, Stetson Bennett was literally a better version of Bryce Young - more athletic, better in the pocket, more poised. He simply looked head and shoulders better despite having the same size limitations. Aiden O'Connell will likely never be more than a backup or spot starter, but he was by far the best rookie QB this week. 15/18 with a TD, he looked like he's been in the league for 5 years. Even some of the less impressive performances turned in by Levis, Haener, and Clifford were as good or better than what we saw from the others.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Clifford threw a bad interception while under pressure, but other than that looked quite good in the first half against Cincy, throwing for 20 of 26 for 208 yards and a TD. He also completed passes to 14 different receivers.

The only White rookie QB I'm aware of who didn't instantly look good is Levis, who is third string on the Titans' initial depth chart behind the great Malik Willis. Levis is the White QB with far and away the most pressure on him, unfairly so beginning well before the draft, as he's in a very tough situation in Tennessee with the DWFs trained by the media not to like him, less so than the White QBs taken later in the draft.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think this could be one of those QB classes where none of the top guys live up to the hype, but a lot of the later round guys carve out 10+ year careers.

Anthony Richardson, aka the worst college passer to ever be taken in the top 10, looked the part. He went 7/12 with one of the dumbest interceptions I've ever seen at the NFL level. He missed a ton of easy throws and was even off the mark on several of his completions. Not to be outdone, CJ Stroud had perhaps the worst performance of all the top 10 magical QBs. He finished the day 2/4 with an interception almost as bad as Richardson's.

Meanwhile, Stetson Bennett was literally a better version of Bryce Young - more athletic, better in the pocket, more poised. He simply looked head and shoulders better despite having the same size limitations. Aiden O'Connell will likely never be more than a backup or spot starter, but he was by far the best rookie QB this week. 15/18 with a TD, he looked like he's been in the league for 5 years. Even some of the less impressive performances turned in by Levis, Haener, and Clifford were as good or better than what we saw from the others.

I pretty much agree with everything you stated. I do think O'Connell has a chance to be a starter though. Maybe not a top 5 QB but certainly a starter in the league. Certainly rooting for all of our guys to do well in the preseason though.

Clifford threw a bad interception while under pressure, but other than that looked quite good in the first half against Cincy, throwing for 20 of 26 for 208 yards and a TD. He also completed passes to 14 different receivers.

The only White rookie QB I'm aware of who didn't instantly look good is Levis, who is third string on the Titans' initial depth chart behind the great Malik Willis. Levis is the White QB with far and away the most pressure on him, unfairly so beginning well before the draft, as he's in a very tough situation in Tennessee with the DWFs trained by the media not to like him, less so than the White QBs taken later in the draft.
I have seen some Packers fans calling for Clifford over Love. If Love wasn't an incumbent 1st round pick, I have to wonder if Clifford would have a real shot at the job. I was never a huge fan of him at PSU, but Jordan Love was a huge reach and has shown nothing in 4 years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I have seen some Packers fans calling for Clifford over Love. If Love wasn't an incumbent 1st round pick, I have to wonder if Clifford would have a real shot at the job. I was never a huge fan of him at PSU, but Jordan Love was a huge reach and has shown nothing in 4 years.

I was never a huge Clifford fan during his college tenure either. Played too inconsistent at times and made some crucial mistakes. I wanted Levis to take over for him and then see Allar last year. As a pro though I am fully supporting Clifford to at least cause some discontent with Packers fans when Love struggles.

wile

Master
Thanks, I don't think I have much worry that the Packers take up much of my time since I live just outside their broadcast area on most game days and since they will probably stink I'll have to find something else to do with my time.