2023 College Football Week 2

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Steele also now in a time-share with a black. Poor move going to UCLA as I have said from the outset.

I agree. It's a win and lose move. More exposure but less carries for sure. Hope he still shines enough to get the nfl
scouts to notice. At Ball St. it was alot easier as he didn't split carries.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Bo Nix and Tyler Shough playing well at QB in the Oregon vs Texas Tech game. At the half, Shough has 15 carries for 92 yards so I assume he’s a dual threat.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I agree. It's a win and lose move. More exposure but less carries for sure. Hope he still shines enough to get the nfl
scouts to notice. At Ball St. it was alot easier as he didn't split carries.
I really don't mind as long as he starts and gets the majority of the carries. So far, he's played more snaps and has one more carry, but that might be the way it plays out as the black QB looks descent and with the downfield threat it will open up the field more for Steele to show what he can do.
After watching him in the first half, I believe he'll become an NFL RB. He's aggressive, tough, physical and has a quick step. There's something about this young man that says he will not take no for an answer at the next level.
He could be that rare white player that's going take what he wants instead of letting someone have what will be rightfully his.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bo Nix and Tyler Shough playing well at QB in the Oregon vs Texas Tech game. At the half, Shough has 15 carries for 92 yards so I assume he’s a dual threat.

Ironically Shough was supposed to be next great Oregon QB after Justin Herbert but Cristobal brought over the mediocre black quarterback Anthony Brown so Shough transferred out a few years ago. Nix is the only starting White QB in the PAC 12.

Ewers with a great pass - what a contrast from the missed easy pass the Alabama quota had a few plays before.

El Gringo

Mentor
Really terrible loss for Nebraska today (apologies as I’m just now catching up on my posting). Fourteen points against any non-existent Big 12 defense is pathetic. And, it’s one week after putting up ten points in Minnesota. The fact that the offense is spearheaded by Matt Rhule’s handpicked transfer quota is not lost on this crowd here.

Rhule turned around Temple and Baylor, but first had to blow them up completely. His first season at Temple finished 2-10, and in Waco, he started 1-11. Is that what the Huskers are destined for? The Owls and Bears had winning seasons those previous years; Nebraska, not so much.

Rhule wasn’t much of an NFL coach with Carolina, although perhaps that’s neither here nor there. The Temple and Baylor programs have both had highs and lows, but they’re not necessarily perennial bottom-feeders (IMO). Rhule had very nice seasons in 2015, 2016, and 2019, and has now received two contracts since then for generational wealth. Despite the price tag, he’s far from a sure thing.

Worst of all, I feel for the white players on Nebraska who have to play through this stink bomb. Based on Rhule’s previous teams, they are likely to be forgotten and phased out for various afro-leets, who may or may not win a few more games.

And just as icing on the cake, Rhule’s incompetence today lends itself to the “Coach Prime” hyper-fellatio frenzy from the media. I expect the air will drain from that balloon soon enough, but for today, one coach motivated his players and one didn’t.
Damn this is good stuff Phall!! I watched a lot of this game The whites on Nebraska’s defense really kicked ass and played with a lot of aggressiveness. They’ll be soon phased out, and as a response to that Rhule will be fired. Nebraska should hire Tyler Rohel out of ndsu and go back to the power run game.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Reading all the posts on Clemson after being out all day I would have though they lost or played poorly. Instead they scored 66 points, Klubnik threw for over 300 yards and 4 TDs and Wade Woodaz had a 35 yard pick 6. Lots of other White contributions.

Regarding Shipley getting the same number of carries as the backup, I think they were just keeping him fresh for more important games later in the year. They beat up on a cupcake. Maybe a few more positive posts and a few less negative ones would go along way.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Reading all the posts on Clemson after being out all day I would have though they lost or played poorly. Instead they scored 66 points, Klubnik threw for over 300 yards and 4 TDs and Wade Woodaz had a 35 yard pick 6. Lots of other White contributions.

Regarding Shipley getting the same number of carries as the backup, I think they were just keeping him fresh for more important games later in the year. They beat up on a cupcake. Maybe a few more positive posts and a few less negative ones would go along way.
Good point, it was a frustrating start, but it is smart to keep Shipley fresh.

El Gringo

Mentor

Agrees by scanning through I though they lost.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Is UCLA's WR Logan Loya a White kid? Appears to be so to me.

Warhawk_46

Master
Wisconsin New Air Raid offense looks explosive!

Their new 3-3-5 Defense looks good too!

Kidding of course. I miss Jim
McIntosh with one of the dumbest moves ever by a new AD in hiring this clown when Jim Leonard was there and had the program humming.
I really don't mind as long as he starts and gets the majority of the carries. So far, he's played more snaps and has one more carry, but that might be the way it plays out as the black QB looks descent and with the downfield threat it will open up the field more for Steele to show what he can do.
After watching him in the first half, I believe he'll become an NFL RB. He's aggressive, tough, physical and has a quick step. There's something about this young man that says he will not take no for an answer at the next level.
He could be that rare white player that's going take what he wants instead of letting someone have what will be rightfully his.
I really hope you are correct. In a way CMC was the same way; he knew in his heart he was the best player on the field -any field including the NFL- and he want going to let anyone convince him otherwise.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ironically Shough was supposed to be next great Oregon QB after Justin Herbert but Cristobal brought over the mediocre black quarterback Anthony Brown so Shough transferred out a few years ago. Nix is the only starting White QB in the PAC 12.

Ewers with a great pass - what a contrast from the missed easy pass the Alabama quota had a few plays before.

Shough reminds me alot of Josh Allen. No doubt about him being a dual threat. I'm just shocked to see a white qb get that many chances
to run the ball as most teams want to hide athletic dual threat white qb's while putting black mobile qb's on a pedestal with no restrictions.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Shough reminds me alot of Josh Allen. No doubt about him being a dual threat. I'm just shocked to see a white qb get that many chances
to run the ball as most teams want to hide athletic dual threat white qb's while putting black mobile qb's on a pedestal with no restrictions.

If he performs well this season his stock should certainly go up.

jphoss

Mentor
Another prime time game another endless examples of “elite athletes” db’s letting receivers run wild. Texas secondary embarrassing itself letting one of the worst quarterbacks I’ve seen this year eat them up in the last 10 minutes. Ewers needs to save the day for texas

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another prime time game another endless examples of “elite athletes” db’s letting receivers run wild. Texas secondary embarrassing itself letting one of the worst quarterbacks I’ve seen this year eat them up in the last 10 minutes. Ewers needs to save the day for texas

Ewers with his second deep pass TD of the night!

jphoss

Mentor
100% gone are the days when Saban could win with Coker. If he sticks with these quotas it will be the end of his run

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Glad that Altmyer has some positivity to build on going forward. Lane Kiffin would have never given him a shot at Ole Miss.

Rough loss though for Illinois against a not-fearsome Kansas team. They had a lot of turnover from last season, but I hope the Bielema can establish a decent roster and put up a decent record.

Not a great look so far from the bottom 2/3 of the Big Ten West.

I think Minnesota is going to be solid. They play Michigan, Ohio St, Iowa and Wisconsin and so far through two games have played well defensively, relied on the run game and have a young QB that will hopefully get better as the season goes on. So far Iowa has been somewhat improved on offense but no where close to what the need to be to compete for the Big Ten title.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ewers with a great game - 24/38 349 yards 3 TDs to knock off #3 Alabama at home. I think Saban's Alabama dynasty may be coming to an end.