2023-'24 NBA Season

jphoss

Mentor
The league is a joke with the way it treats this guy that would be instantly one of the most popular players in the nba. What a way to
say thank you to the current nba slam dunk champion.

He should go to China at this point. He will get paid well, get to actually play, and they will love the show he puts on with his dunks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He should go to China at this point. He will get paid well, get to actually play, and they will love the show he puts on with his dunks.
He committed to defending his slam dunk contest title so I doubt he would until after this season. If he did go overseas he
has already been offered 6 figure contracts in Europe. Way better than China in my opinion.

Hoping some team like the Utah Jazz or Dallas Mavs will pick up the phone. Have to admit I've never seen a more talented player
get screwed over so bad despite his immense talent!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
What Orlando did was a hatch-job on his chances of making a opening day roster. They sign him, even though they are deep (on paper at least) at guard. Then barely play him over 3 preseason games so he can't build a solid resume. Then release him and it looks "normal" because he wasn't putting up 20 ppg, which he would have with solid minutes.

Sometimes the NBA is actually more fair to White players than the NFL but in this case they aren't. As others have said, American born White high-flyers are the equivalent of a White RB, CB, S or WR.

icsept

Master
NBA tip-off tonight, Lakers v Nuggets. Austin Reaves is a starter now, which is a tribute to the former UDFA. However, he’s probably better off coming off the bench because LeBron, AD and Deangelo Russell hog all the shots. I expect Christian Braun to be the first man off the bench for Denver. And Jokic is in peak form.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
NBA tip-off tonight, Lakers v Nuggets. Austin Reaves is a starter now, which is a tribute to the former UDFA. However, he’s probably better off coming off the bench because LeBron, AD and Deangelo Russell hog all the shots. I expect Christian Braun to be the first man off the bench for Denver. And Jokic is in peak form.

I would like to see Christian Braun move up to a starter. Many fans and some media agree that he should be starting. He is their best lock
down defender. He also is a good shooter and can beat most off the dribble and dunk it on people. What a talent alongside Jokic.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nikola Jokic with a openining night triple double to beat the Lakers. Lebron "AARP" James and crew got outplayed again!

Warhawk_46

Master
Jokic is simply the best player in the league. He is a cut above.

I’m hoping Doncic takes the next step and wins MVP this year but I fear the Irving - Luka partnership will not work out.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Phoenix Suns started both Jusaf Nurkic and Grayson Allen tonight. Drew Eubanks playing minutes off the bench!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Nurkic should put up huge numbers rebounding this year. The only way he’ll get the ball is off his teammates Bricks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nurkic should put up huge numbers rebounding this year. The only way he’ll get the ball is off his teammates Bricks.
Well he opened up with 14 points and 14 rebounds. He is equal or better to D.Ayton in rebounding and has
that toughness the Suns lacked in the playoffs last year. The Suns should have kept Jake Lansdale as he was way
better than Ayton in the playoffs when he played. I agree Jusaf Nurkic will have a nice year as he always does but
his touch's will be limited with so many ball hog shooting primadonnas on this team.

I want to add that Grayson Allen looked horrible. He just seems to settle for the 3 pointers all the time now. With his
speed, dribbling ability as well as his incredible hops he should go inside more. Be more aggresive!

Drew Eubanks and Watanabee looked ok.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Agreed on Allen from what limited action I saw. He was uh, off to put it nicely. To put it real, he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. He’s a streaky scorer but he’ll need to put together a better offensive game than that moving forward. I’m sure Suns will have him on a short leash.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Porzingis had a great 1st quarter but has since been ignored in Celtics offense.

Brad Holmeboy

Struuuuussss. Mad Max debut 27 and 12 for Cavs in one-point win over Nets. Five 3s in the first half including three straight. First play of second half Cavs run action for Max another 3. Cavs both wanted and needed him, hopefully keeps up.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Porzingis had a great 1st quarter but has since been ignored in Celtics offense.
Kristapps Porzingis led the Celtics to to a big win over the Knicks with 30 points, 8 rebounds & 4 blocks. I wish the Celtics
would start Pritchard but at least he got paid the big money recently. Luke Kornet also comes off the bench for them.

Sad to see Toronto did not start and barely played Grady Dick. The kid only got 2 minutes and he is a first round draft pick. What a joke!

In the same game on the other side Luke Garza didn't even play. Yeah it's a fair world they say.

For Miami Herro started and Kevin Love started. They didn't play Nivola Jokic even 1 minute. Why draft the kid? When they
did play him a little last year with injuries he was a star. The kid has starter potential yet he roughts away on the bench. Jaquez and
Duncan Robinson played a little off the bench. Tyler Herro had 16 points but shut awful just like Jimmy Butler.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
glad Boston went back to Porzingis late! Smart move! Podziemski, Garza, and Dick all serving their racial apprenticeship’s yay.

I see Scoot Henderson has yet to score in his debut!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
glad Boston went back to Porzingis late! Smart move! Podziemski, Garza, and Dick all serving their racial apprenticeship’s yay.

I see Scoot Henderson has yet to score in his debut!

In my honest opinion Luke Garza despite his talent is on a permanent racial apprenticeship. He was the NCAA Player of the Year
just a couple of years ago but magically his white skin keeps him from even being a bench reserve in this racist league.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

maxres.jpg

Luka Doncic Makes Mavericks Franchise History! | October 25, 2023​

NBA

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Triple Double to start the season, yup sounds like Luka!

Ivica Zubac had a huge game for LAC. 20pts 12reb and 4blocks!

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Struuuuussss. Mad Max debut 27 and 12 for Cavs in one-point win over Nets. Five 3s in the first half including three straight. First play of second half Cavs run action for Max another 3. Cavs both wanted and needed him, hopefully keeps up.
Quite the debut! We’ve been high on Strus since he was throwing down dunks at DePaul! Glad to see him make it and is taking the next step as a scorer in Cleveland. Kudos to Miami for allowing him to develop.

In my honest opinion Luke Garza despite his talent is on a permanent racial apprenticeship. He was the NCAA Player of the Year
just a couple of years ago but magically his white skin keeps him from even being a bench reserve in this racist league.
I don’t follow college ball very closely but I do follow the NBA and I can’t believe this is the first time I’m even hearing of Luke Garza. I looked into college career and he played like a man among boys. Totally dominated. Why did he get drafted at the bottom of 2nd round and why is he bouncing around the g league?

Phall

Master
Luka Garza doesn't "look the part." I credit Minnesota for finding even a few shifts at a time for him last season. He often outscored his nightly minutes total. Of course, the sophisticated scouting analysis from people much smarter than you or I is that Garza no play defense good. Does that even matter in the NBA?

To answer that question, let's check in with the other Luka. Doncic went from 37 to 49 points in the final three minutes of a rather dramatic win.
He has this unreal stop-and-go cadence where he's not really faking out defenders the way you'd think of a pivot spin or crossover dribble. He's able to just pause his body until the defender commits one way, then he slithers in the opposite direction.

Obviously an incredible outcome, but man, if anyone else had heaved that last shot, Coach Phall would have his ass on the pine at the next dead ball.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Luka Doncic is just a man among boys. He should have won the NBA Scoring Title last season but finished 2nd to Joel Embiid.
Embiid is a very good player but not on the level of Doncic. The only one who could compare is Jokic and he got robbed of his
3rd nba mvp last season. No doubt Jokic was the winner. He got screwed over as we all know here.

My hopes for this season is for Luka Doncic to get the Mavs back into the playoffs and make a run at the NBA Finals. He needs to
do 3 things. One win his first NBA MVP Award. Second win the NBA Scoring Title Outright & third to win a championship.

Nikola Jokic and the Nuggets won again tonight to stay undefeated.

The Utah Jazz are always fun to watch. Lauri Markannen is picking up where he left off last season.

Lauri Markannen 35 points, 12 rebounds and 2 assists.

Chet Homgren of the OKC Thunder put on a clinic tonight with 16 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal & 7 blocked shots!

Phall

Master
The only one who could compare is Jokic and he got robbed of his 3rd nba mvp last season. No doubt Jokic was the winner. He got screwed over as we all know here.
Chet Homgren of the OKC Thunder put on a clinic tonight with 16 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal & 7 blocked shots!
We know that Jokic should have won his third straight MVP last year, save for the anti-white, pro-black disposition of the NBA at an institutional level.

Chet Holmgren missed all of last season with injury and is eligible for the Rookie of the Year award. The NBA has anointed "Wemby" as its new generational player, so on top of receiving favorable calls from the refs and attention from the networks, the black "Frenchman" will get a lot of sycophantic affection from the journalist class.

The league will bend over backwards to make Wembanyama the RotY. What's interesting is that he and Holmgren have such similar athletic profiles. Both are lanky/skinny builds with high hops and long shooting range. Both are "plus" defenders that should rack up blocks. One is described as an "albatross;" the other is a "unicorn." (guess which is which)

My point here is that two very similar players will be competing on different lousy, non-playoff teams. OKC has a very good player apparently in Gilgeous-Alexander, so one point toward Wembanyama's favor is that he can be given a larger offensive usage rate for the Spurs, who have more players I have never heard of than players I have heard of on their active roster.

I recall the MVP race being firmly for Jokic last year before the late-season media blitz for Embiid. The RotY this season is another intriguing sub-plot that centers more on race than will be admitted... unless Holmgren is leading the stat profile late in the year.