2022 NFL Wildcard Round

Aus2G

Camera pans to Harrison Smith on that TD when he wasn’t the DB getting burnt…

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
If it continues expect lots of unwarranted perp shots of Harrison Smith and Harrison Phillips.
Of course! Aren't we all collectively guilty? o_O

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Daniel Jones is proving to be a very good consistent quarterback. Too bad it's going to be at the expense of the Vikings today, looks like.

TwentyTwo

Master
Daniel Jones showing the running skills ...8 carries 74 yards rushing already ...then gets buried on 9th carry.

jphoss

Mentor
Daniel Jones reminding me of Trever Lawrence in the Rose Bowl vs OSU where he used his legs to completely take over the game. I’m assuming most DWF’s watching this game are shocked he’s not some statue in the pocket

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Has Thielen even been targeted today?

Wildcat

Teams have to be looking at Daniel Jones and wondering why in the world does Lamar Jackson think he deserves a max QB contract + max guaranteed money

white lightning

Hall of Famer
At least Kirk Cousins is getting the ball to our main man TJ Hockenson who has 3 catches for 59 yards in the first half so far!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gutsy performance by Thompson in what (hopefully) is a losing effort. It's heartening to see QBs like Purdy and Skylar "come out of nowhere" and instantly do well in high pressure situations. This has been a really good year for White QBs in the NFL.

Thompson should at the very least push Bridgewater out in Miami. Pretty funny how Bridgewater who was paid to be the backup couldn't gut through a pinky injury to play in a playoff game. Can't say enough about Purdy. I'll be the first to admit I didn't think much of him during the draft. It's funny how all the other "experts" overlooked him as well in favor of QBs with "measurables". Sad thing is the success of Purdy won't do much to cause the "experts" to change their thought process at the QB position.

McDaniel is slightly overrated I think. The amount of media out there pushing his nice guy stand up comedian “just one of the guys” persona is unconvincing. While he certainly knows offense and scheming I don’t think he has the demeanor to be a serious HC. He’s bi racial btw, which contributed to his hiring after the Flores department because heaven forbid the Dolphins pursue a white HC after Flores went full BLM after his dismissal

McDaniel's hiring was hilarious to watch. Everyone was up in arms when Miami hired him instead of a black coach, until it came out that he was actually half black and they were all happy and shut up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some defensive adjustments hopefully will pay off in the second half for the Vikings. I like both teams but am rooting for Minnesosta!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
TJ Hockenson and Adam Thielen are the main men to look for in the biggest moments of the game. True Viking Warriors! :beer-toast1:

The Hock

Master
TJ Hockenson and Adam Thielen are the main men to look for in the biggest moments of the game. True Viking Warriors! :beer-toast1:
Yeah Thielen isn't putting up the big numbers this year but just about every catch is clutch. Experience makes up for a lost step. And with his prime speed Thielen can afford a step.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Daniel Jones is proving to be a very good consistent quarterback. Too bad it's going to be at the expense of the Vikings today, looks like.
Nothing against Daniel Jones or the NY Giants but the Vikings can and WILL WIN THIS GAME!!!

Yes they trail by a touchdown with about 7 minutes left. I still feel very good. Don't give up on this game my friend.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another drop by one of the worlds greatest affletes. The Giants receiving corps makes it Daniel Jones season and performance today even more impressive. They are all average at best.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Unreal. I can't believe they lost. I was wrong and I admit it. I really thought the Vikings would win. This sucks.

On the flip side it really lifts Daniel Jones Legacy! I hope the NY Media and other of the Lame Stream Media will
quit saying he should not be the franchise qb. The kid can play.

Flint

Mentor
Cousins is an idiot. Short throw to Hockenson with a defender draped over him needing to get 8 yards. That's just dumb play by a veteran QB.
Glad the Vikings are done, they're torture to watch with their non-existent defense and the offense having to bail them out each game!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Great game for Daniel Jones as a young QB.
I hate to say it but I think it's the end of the run for Cousins and Co and the Vikings. Especially with the defensive coordinator they have, finishing 31st in the league. They've been my team to pull for the last 2 or 3 years and this pretty much finishes it off for them as a unit. I'm bummed out but I can't play the games for them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Vikings will only go downhill demographically from here, what with Thielen and Smith getting up there in years for the positions they play. The regime that replaced Mike Zimmer seems to be very Caste oriented, though it's too early to say for sure. I thought Zac Taylor in Cincy was going to be hard-core Caste the way he started off but it hasn't turned out that way.

And yeah, dumb throw by Cousins, but it's symptomatic of the dink and dunk NFL along with often terrible clock management, poor fundamentals, etc. Dumbed down league, including often the coaches.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Cousins was pretty close to perfect during the game. This loss is more on the defense than anything. No need to knock Cousins as he has shown no signs of age creeping up on him like his draft classmate Russell Wilson. I do agree that the Vikings will continue to trend blacker though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Best game of Daniel Jones career.
Looked like a poor man's Josh Allen, maybe not even a poor man's version. He's got quite the combination of throwing accuracy and running ability along with a lot of smarts.

Wildcat

Kirk Cousins gets way too much criticism tbh. Statistically he’s doing his part and then some

Attachments

• 7B82228A-1AAB-45D9-9E95-3CC3B2989C41.png
    7B82228A-1AAB-45D9-9E95-3CC3B2989C41.png
    212 KB · Views: 6