2016 Free Agency/Retirements/Purge

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Would love to see this come to fruition:

Restricted free agent WR Chris Hogan will visit the Patriots on Thursday. If he signs an offer sheet, the Bills would have five days to match it. ESPN's Mike Reiss correctly predicted New England would have interest in Hogan, who is coming off a career-high in yards (450). The Patriots have been a non-factor in free agency to this point, losing out to Tennessee in the Rishard Matthews sweepstakes and failing to land Marvin Jones. Hogan wouldn't be the splashiest signing, but he'd be a nice under-the-radar piece for crafty offensive minds Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels.

PHillisFan

Master
This is why Elway is so despised. He got rid of Tebow only to peak interest in the Toucan who has a similar skill set. Only difference is arm strength yet accuracy issues. If Denver ends up signing the Toucan I will hope they lose every game.

PHillisFan

Master
I still remain baffled at the amount of money being thrown around. The Giants signed two overrated affletes to ridiculous contracts (Jenkins and Vernon) and re-signed the sloth handed JPP to a one year deal. Mario Williams gets signed right away by the Dolphins yet Chris Long remains a free agent.

The Broncos have really screwed themselves - the QB cupboard is pretty bare now besides washed up/overrated in the first place black quarterbacks. Unless they have a draft day plan to get Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg or have their eyes on a mid round guy like Doughty, Sudfeld, Driskel, Hogan, Kessler. My bet is they go full on black quarterback - signing a free agent and than drafting one of the supa affletic upside only black quarterbacks. They won't be winning any more super bowls anytime soon.

I hope Fitzpatrick ends up resigning with the Jets (he would be dumb not to IMO) because every black QB in this draft is a "perfect fit for Chan Gailey's offense". Apparently the experts all forgot Petty was drafted last year. The Jets could surprise and end up with Paxton Lynch if he ends up falling to them which wouldn't be a bad thing.

I hope Weddle ends up not signing with Pittsburgh though. The Patriots continue to disappoint as well - they should of pounced on Chris Long and Weddle immediately. it does become a little more difficult to root for them as they move away from white players. Perhaps this draft will help me change my tune a little

I doubt Denver will draft a qb to start right away. I dont think Elway believes in that philophy. My hope is that Elway trades for Manziel and gives him a shot, but who knows with Elway.

I would rather see Weddle sign with the Steelers than Panthers. The weaker Carolina's D gets the more exposed sCam gets.

If Weddle, Long, Laurinitis and Hogan signed with NE that would be epic. All too expensive probably. I would say with the retirement of Manning NE is the team to beat next year especially if they sign those guys.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Would love to see this come to fruition:

Restricted free agent WR Chris Hogan will visit the Patriots on Thursday. If he signs an offer sheet, the Bills would have five days to match it. ESPN's Mike Reiss correctly predicted New England would have interest in Hogan, who is coming off a career-high in yards (450). The Patriots have been a non-factor in free agency to this point, losing out to Tennessee in the Rishard Matthews sweepstakes and failing to land Marvin Jones. Hogan wouldn't be the splashiest signing, but he'd be a nice under-the-radar piece for crafty offensive minds Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels.

Hogan abused the Pats' all-black secondary (6 catches for 95 yards) in Week #11 last season, which guided the Bills to a unusual victory over the perennial AFC East kings. Like Wes Welker during his time in Miami, perhaps they want to steal him from the Bills before he costs them games in a Bills uniform?

While I like the fact that a great team like the Pats are showing interest in the talented, yet criminally-underused Hogan...his touches would either be limited in NE, or come at the expense of Amendola's work in the slot. Of course, Hogan has the speed (4.39 second 40) to play on the outside. After an endless string of injuries to Edelman and Amendola in 2015, perhaps the squad is interested in an insurance policy type WR who's taller, has a more robust frame, and is a few years younger.

Undrafted, unsigned for months at a time, cut/waiver/released by 3 different teams...that's the backstory of every great white Patriot player!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Weddle is now negotiating with Oakland. As atrocious as the Raiders were last season racially, if they sign Weddle, start Ben Heeney at ILB, and start one or two White o-linemen to go along with rising star Derek Carr, they won't be nearly as unwatchable this year.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
The caste system won't ever be "overcame" or defeated in the NFL...that's a damn pipe dream. This scourge will just continue to get worse every season (mark it down). It coincides with the rise of cultural Marxism...& downward spiral of society (that's a fact).

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Manziel has been cut. Rumors are that the Toucan wants to go to cleveland now. Have fun with that Cleveland.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for Manziel and he gets another shot.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The Pats have offered Hogan a 3-year, $12 million dollar contract!

Unless the Bills match (it's widely believed they won't), the Packers and Patriots could both have a roster featuring 3 white WRs that are either starters or receive lots of playing time.

Barring any unforeseen roster moves (Amendola getting traded or cut), a offense with Brady, a 4/5 white OL, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, and Gronkowski could be their whitest ever!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Pats have offered Hogan a 3-year, $12 million dollar contract!

Unless the Bills match (it's widely believed they won't), the Packers and Patriots could both have a roster featuring 3 white WRs that are either starters or receive lots of playing time.

Barring any unforeseen roster moves (Amendola getting traded or cut), a offense with Brady, a 4/5 white OL, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, and Gronkowski could be their whitest ever!

I am glad for Hogan - he has been disrespected by the Bills since he has been with the organization.

I sound like a broken record but the Pats need to supplement this move with a white friendly draft . They currently have 6 picks after the NFL took one of them as a penalty for the contrived deflate gate scandal. The comp picks have not been announced as of yet but a successful offseason for them would include at least 4 white players selected this year in the draft. Not sure why Bellichek is down at SEC pro days because none of the SEC picks he has made have amounted to much. He needs to get into Big Ten country to find the "football players" rather than the affletes the Pats have been whiffing on in the past few drafts.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Patriots have "pushed the envelope" for a long time when it comes to the NFL's Caste System. Their trade-off to keep from going "beyond the pale" has been to keep their (usually bad) defense in line with league norms, i.e., overwhelmingly black. And given all the sumos that popped up on their roster last year, they may even be in retreat. That said, I love the Hogan signing and pray the Bills don't match, as reports indicate they likely won't. Hogan will be a great receiver for Tom Brady if they dare to use him all over the field, including as a deep threat. He might have a better season than Edelman.

The real question is why not a single other organization in a supposed "copycat" league, "copies" the Patriots, far and away the most successful team, the only one that regularly defeats the parity the NFL is designed for. Every year there's a few teams that are very roughly comparable to the Patriots, but they always fade back to the Caste System norm. Hopefully Green Bay ends the racial apprenticeships of Janis and Abbrederis, but other than that there's little else interesting to look forward to at this point. Maybe the upcoming Draft will provide some surprises, but every year even the hardened observers here can't believe how bad the Draft ends up being.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just saw the comp picks have been announced and the Pats are getting 4 of them. They need to have 6/10 players drafted this year to be white in order for me to consider it a good draft class.

And Don to your point about how many of us can't believe how bad the draft is even when their is some reason to be slightly optimistic - totally on point. The teams always try to get cute in the draft picking up obscure black players who had no production in college or were from some small school rather than dare "waste" a pick on a white guy. It pisses me off to no end.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's been pathetic watching the reaction to the Crawfords signing Ladarius Green. Weenieworld was in full orgasm mode, cooing that Green is "dripping with upside."

How many more years does Green get to begin "dripping"? He played four years in San Diego and was unable to put a dent in the production of the much slowed-down and beat up Antonio Gates. 77 catches for 1,087 yards was his four-year total. Compare that to the lukewarm media response that greeted New Orleans' signing of Coby Fleener, a proven receiving tight end who is very athletic.

In the local rag today, Green was promoted as a huge upgrade over Heath Miller -- "Though Miller was the most decorated tight end in Steelers history, Green provides something unique to the Steelers at the position -- size, speed and athleticism."

Apparently Miller -- drafted in the first round -- lacked size, speed and athleticism. But he did bring a helluva lunch pail to work every day.

My bet is that Green's upside, like an untapped Vermont maple tree, will not be dripping in 2016. Every year, just like every other position, the media raves about the limitless upside of various blacks who end up being huge disappointments. At tight end, it's Jared Cook, Jermaine Gresham, Eric Ebron, Dwayne Allen, Ed Dickson and a host of others. When New England drafted Gronk and Aaron Hernandez the same year, it was Hernandez who was widely reported to be the better athlete. It's relentless and never ending lies and propaganda. Some Caste clowns are disingenuous, but many others, like the masses of DWFs and Americans generally, seem to be under an hypnotic spell.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Supposedly the Dolphins are trying to get Dallas Thomas (who rated as the worst starting guard in the league last year) into a weight training program instead of cutting his ass outright. They cut Jason Fox (white guy), but apparently Thomas still has some of this mythical "upside" that hasn't been tapped into yet. This right here illustrates the caste system in a nutshell. If the Dolphins don't bring in a couple of white guards this offseason .... I'm gonna ****ing lose it . There is no way these guys sat there through the disaster that was our o-line and can just say " they need to hit the weights " They freaking SUCK ! Has nothing to do with nutrition or weight training.

PHillisFan

Master
Manziel is now cut. This story that he allegedly threatened to kill his ex could hurt him. He might end up missing all next season if anything because of litigation if goes to court. I really do hope this kid get gets his head out of his rear. So much talent going to waste.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Here is my mock draft for the Dolphins. Tell me what you think of it and if you have any suggestions. I want to post this on some DWF forums. How do I go about doing this.

1: R1P13
OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE

2: R2P11
DE CARL NASSIB
PENN STATE

3: R3P10
C NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME

4: R4P9
ILB NICK VIGIL
UTAH STATE

5: R5P8
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI

6: R6P11
QB BRANDON DOUGHTY
WESTERN KENTUCKY

7: R7P6
OT JOE DAHL
WASHINGTON STATE

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tannehill that's actually a very logical draft for the Dolphins. I do think Martin will go earlier than the third round and Nassib will be available in the 3rd. I also think Dahl and Vigil will be third or fourth round guys. That would honestly be a hell of an oline.

The Hock

Master
I can sympathize that he was fighting depression.

I used to fight depression a lot myself every weekend.

Had a lot of fun fighting that depression.

The Hock

Master
Annual disappointment Darrius Heyward-Bey signed a three year 3.8 million deal with the Steelers.

Well, he is fast.

And properly pigmented.

But still...really?