2016 Free Agency/Retirements/Purge

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
^ I'm sure after that ridiculous contract he will ramp up his already "explosive" pass rush LOL .

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ravens sign TE Ben Watson, who only took 11 years to begin realizing his first round "upside." Not good news for Maxx Williams and Crocket Gillmore; possibly good news for Saints TE Josh Hill, who was raved about last off-season by Sean Payton only to disappear once the regular season began.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Packers reportedly interested in TE Martellus Bennett..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Colts cut bjoern Werner who from my vantage point was never given a chance to succeed in the first place.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good Werner is free now Hunt needs to get let go for a fresh start.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I hope Werner gets a fresh start - he was never used with the Colts (who seem to have a little mini white purge going).

It is just amazingly stupid how much money is being thrown around to a bunch of no name affletes.

I did notice malcontent big mouth Mike Wallace was cut from the Vikings which is hilarious

The panthers resign Dumpy Terd Tolbert (who again if he was white would have never made a roster)

If Osweiler leaves Denver there back up plan may be the Toucan Krapernick - hopefully Kubiak wins out on that one as he doesn;t seem to be the black quarterback type

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Eagles just paid Safety Rodney McLeod 5yr/37 million.. WTF. Compare his contract to Sendejos(4yr/14million) unbelievable #datupside

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Saints are reportedly interested in Coby Fleener. He would thrive there if they use him mostly as a receiver the way they did with Jimmy Graham.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Osweiler signs 72 million dollar with Texans.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chase Daniel signs with Philly. Maybe he'll get a chance to start at some point this year as Sam Bradford was not impressive last season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Nice deal for him. Wonder what Denver will do at QB. They pick too late to take one of the top ones in the draft unless they trade up.

Connor Cook and Christian Hackenberg should still be around. Manziel maybe? Or maybe Denver goes diverse and considers RG knee or Crapernick.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
-Center Alex Mack signs with Atlanta

-Guard JR Sweezey signs with Tampa

-Colby Fleener is a Saint. 5yr/36 million

-Guard Alex Boone to Vikings.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The qb carousel should start picking up now - the Broncos will probably end up getting one of the black quarterbacks and draft dak Prescott who they seem to be infatuated with for reasons that escape me. Everything about the Broncos offense now seems to be trending away from Kubiak's philosophy.

It was smart for the Texans to pursue Osweiler and sign him - I still think a qb might be in there draft plans.

Why did two of the best white guards have to go to black quarterback teams? I also saw Mitchell Scwartz sign with the Chiefs.

Also surprised Manziel was not cut - according to the media it was a 100% certainty he was going to get cut today.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Good for Fleener. I hope the Saints whiten up a little bit.

The Ravens signing a 35 year old Watson was asinine.

The Pats continue to make disappointing roster blackening moves - cutting Dane fletcher and signing a black lb and sumo.

I also believe Gerhart was cut. His career is more than likely over.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
:( WalterFootball is down on the signing of Coby Fleener:

Saints sign TE Coby Fleener (5 years, $36 million): KIELBASA SLIPS THROUGH THE FINGERS MILLEN Grade

I wonder how it feels to be a Colts fan right now. On one hand, they must be very depressed that they still have the incompetent Ryan Grigson running things. On the other hand, they have to be cracking up upon seeing the numbers Coby Fleener received from the Saints.

This signing is horrible. Aside from perhaps Vernon Davis, no tight end drops more passes than Coby Fleener. I'm sure he'll post some great numbers with Drew Brees throwing the ball to him, but he'll absolutely kill his new team with some untimely drops. Then again, maybe he won't be a fantasy monster, given that he couldn't produce with Andrew Luck, even when Dwayne Allen was out of the lineup with his injury issues.

This is an easy Millen. I don't understand what the Saints saw in him to make them believe that he's worth more than $7 million per year. Fleener, an average starter at best, would've been overpaid had he gotten half as much.

Heretic

Master
Connor Cook and Christian Hackenberg should still be around. Manziel maybe? Or maybe Denver goes diverse and considers RG knee or Crapernick.
On the local sports news this evening in Denver, they profiled both Gremlin and Crapper, stating that these two were the most likely choices. After that, they mentioned Ryan Fitzpatrick might also be a possibility.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
On the local sports news this evening in Denver, they profiled both Gremlin and Crapper, stating that these two were the most likely choices. After that, they mentioned Ryan Fitzpatrick might also be a possibility.

Can't see either of those idiots running Kubiaks west coast scheme. Fitzpatrick makes more sense but I thought NYJ already 're-signed him? Scott Tolzien is a good QB that has generated zero free agency interest.. Denver should give Connor Cook or Hackenberg a long hard look in 1st rd. I believe they only have one qb in Trevor Siemian on their roster. Even we were surprised he got selected.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Toby Gerhart was released yesterday. It was an expected move. But Rotoworld made it seem like Gerhart robbed a bank when he signed an average starter contract of 10 million over 3 years. If Gerhart signs with a team in the off season he will probably sign a veteran minimum deal, similar to what Hillis signed with Tampa Bay or the Giants. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5730/toby-gerhart

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Toby Gerhart was released yesterday. It was an expected move. But Rotoworld made it seem like Gerhart robbed a bank when he signed an average starter contract of 10 million over 3 years. If Gerhart signs with a team in the off season he will probably sign a veteran minimum deal, similar to what Hillis signed with Tampa Bay or the Giants. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5730/toby-gerhart

Lol they just paid a sumo DL with 14 career sacks to a 6yr/90million contract. Rotoworld and Walter Football need to get real.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Steelers sign TE Ladarius Green for 4 yrs $20 million. If he starts, they'll be down to Big Ben and David DeCastro as White starters, possibly another one on the o-line depending on how things shake out. This is an organization with no young White talent other than DeCastro and Jesse James, who now looks to be Green's backup.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Eric Weddle rumored to be signing a deal with the Steelers. Blah...

http://steelcityblitz.com/2016/03/09/strong-indications-of-the-steelers-signing-eric-weddle/

It was reported that the Packers were very interested in signing black TE, Martellus Bennett, but instead they re-signed white TE, Justin Perillo. Nice move...

http://www.wtmj.com/sports/green-ba...ight-end-justin-perillo-as-free-agency-begins

Also, with WR James Jones, the Packers should have the whitest WR corps (Nelson, Abbrederis, Janis) in the NFL in 2016.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Nice deal for him. Wonder what Denver will do at QB. They pick too late to take one of the top ones in the draft unless they trade up.
Aw, with top-tier QB's like the Toucan and the Gremlin available in free agency, they should be fine! I hear that Josh Freeman is also available.;)

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I still remain baffled at the amount of money being thrown around. The Giants signed two overrated affletes to ridiculous contracts (Jenkins and Vernon) and re-signed the sloth handed JPP to a one year deal. Mario Williams gets signed right away by the Dolphins yet Chris Long remains a free agent.

The Broncos have really screwed themselves - the QB cupboard is pretty bare now besides washed up/overrated in the first place black quarterbacks. Unless they have a draft day plan to get Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg or have their eyes on a mid round guy like Doughty, Sudfeld, Driskel, Hogan, Kessler. My bet is they go full on black quarterback - signing a free agent and than drafting one of the supa affletic upside only black quarterbacks. They won't be winning any more super bowls anytime soon.

I hope Fitzpatrick ends up resigning with the Jets (he would be dumb not to IMO) because every black QB in this draft is a "perfect fit for Chan Gailey's offense". Apparently the experts all forgot Petty was drafted last year. The Jets could surprise and end up with Paxton Lynch if he ends up falling to them which wouldn't be a bad thing.

I hope Weddle ends up not signing with Pittsburgh though. The Patriots continue to disappoint as well - they should of pounced on Chris Long and Weddle immediately. it does become a little more difficult to root for them as they move away from white players. Perhaps this draft will help me change my tune a little