2016 College Football Week 2

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wow! what a throw and catch by Wyoming! the touchdown just before the half is HUGE in keeping them close.

wideout Tanner Gentry now has 5 catches for 102 yards and that touchdown, in the first half. Maulhardt has been pretty quiet.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Drew Wolitarsky has 6 catches for 102 yards and 2 touchdowns nearing the end of the first half for Minnesota.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
George Aston has 3 carries for 17 yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half for Pitt. he's, of course, a fullback.

TwentyTwo

Master
Westerkamp had the nice move & juke to the open field for 55 yard gain....Impressive Andrew Wingard w his 4.4 speed ran him down

Tanner Gentry 5 rec for 105 yards & TD in 1st Half

Nate Gerry could be the Hardest Hitting Safety in CFB

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That TD catch by Renfrow was spectacular. He bailed out Watson for sure.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I posted this on college football stars also, but in case you didn't know. UTC's Derek Craine 108 yards/7 carries, 15.4/carry in the first half. At 5'10 205, they may say he's too small for the NFL. I'm sure they'll find some excuse!

Heretic

Master
Cooper Rush leads CMU to an upset over Ok State!
I turned the channel late in the game when it didn't seem like they had a chance only to see the sports ticker show a 30-27 final win for CMU about ten minutes later. Then I saw the "Hail Mary" and subsequent lateral to another player for the winning TD. Great seeing the Black Cowboys lose at home under plantation manager Gundy.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Clemson isn't the 2nd best team in the country and Watson isn't the heisman favorite

Tannehill17

Mentor
I'm hoping the Notre Dame black quarterback crashes and burns. It makes me sick to see him rise up draft boards after one measly game against Texas.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Tulsa down 6-3 to Ohio St. under5 left to play in 2nd quarter.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
under-utilized Air Force speedster Timothy McVey isn't getting many carries at running back, but he is making the most of his opportunities as a kick returner. he's got a 99-yarder for a touchdown today.

Heretic

Master
Sheesh...Northwestern loses to Illinois State at home on a last-second field goal, 9-7. That has to put Fitzgerald on the hot seat.

Nebraska Safety, Nate Gerry, had two INT today.

North Dakota went for two against Bowling Green, but it failed, so they lost 27-26.

TwentyTwo

Master
Sheesh...Northwestern loses to Illinois State at home on a last-second field goal, 9-7. That has to put Fitzgerald on the hot seat.

Illinois State WR Anthony Warrum had 9 receptions for 116 yards

Miller ended up w 5-161 & 3 TD's!

Last edited:

Heretic

Master
Matt VandeBerg IOWA 7 REC, 129 YDS, 1 TD

Also, it looks like the black quarterback experiment at LSU is over (this year, at least) as Danny Etling has replaced Brandon Harris and has produced:

From BSPN:
The halftime atmosphere is electric at Tiger Stadium after Danny Etling replaced struggling QB Brandon Harris to start the second quarter. LSU scored 27 points in the quarter and leads Jacksonville State 27-10, with Etling going 6-for-8 for 100 yards and a TD. LSU scored a TD on all three drives with Etling under center.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Arkansas defeats TCU! Austin Allen, Drew Morgan and Brooks Ellis all integral in the victory