2014 World Cup Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny how the media declared Sturridge as a shoo-in for the striker's role in England as he is the the highest scoring 'Englishman' in the English Premier league,yet they don't speak a word when Balotelli(14 goals in 30 games) is a starter despite the fact Ciro Immobile of Torino has 22 goals in 33 games!

frederic38

Hall of Famer
after the italy-costa rica game, france will play their first real match of the world cup
against switzerland

i think switzerland is disgusting but they have more whites so i hope they can get a good result

i hope france's defence gets tested
i need to talk about the defence really
first, out of the 23 players in the french team, varane and sakho (the 2 center halves) are the ones to have played the least minutes in their respective clubs
and before the world cup, they had played only 3 games together
usually koscielny was starting
i have no idea why it changed
the central defence needs stability, everybody knows it
varane was a substitute last season, so was sakho at liverpool

france's selection of defenders was bad enough:
http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php/13607-French-Soccer?p=302454&viewfull=1#post302454

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php/13607-French-Soccer?p=302494&viewfull=1#post302494

but now it gets crazy with sakho and varane starting as central defenders,if it's confirmed

f3f70.jpg

it is the youngest pair of central defenders at the world cup, also the one with the less matches played internationally (varane played only 7 matches for france :lol: :icon_neutral: )

Matra2

Master
maybe but losing a 3-0 lead in 10 minutes, i don't see how the pressure can explain that

The slip resulted in them playing the rest of the match against Chelsea in a panic so it had an impact on that match. IIRC the loss meant Man City could win the title by winning their last three matches no matter what Liverpool did. It was noted at the time that right after the Liverpool loss City got a spring in their step and started playing their best football (ie renewed hope) whereas before when Liverpool were in the driver's seat they were struggling (eg the Sunderland draw). Liverpool never recovered. It's all speculation but psychology plays a big part in sport.

Anyway, I want to take back something else I said yesterday. I said Cavani had done nothing for Uruguay in their two matches. True for their first match against Costa Rica. Mostly true for the England match but I just realised watching a replay that it was Cavani who made the perfect crossing pass to Suarez for the first goal.

Matra2

Master
I don't make excuses for bad play from white players so I don't think I'm letting Rooney off lightly when I say that header off the bar was not such a bad miss. I heard someone say it was an easy open net miss. It was coming at him so fast and so high with Caceras right in front of him and Rooney having to slightly pull his head back in mid-air that directing it down was not such an easy task. It was probably also a surprise to an already jumping Rooney that the goalie didn't get the ball before it came to him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...th-header-for-england-vs-uruguay-at-world-cup

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
I don't make excuses for bad play from white players so I don't think I'm letting Rooney off lightly when I say that header off the bar was not such a bad miss. I heard someone say it was an easy open net miss. It was coming at him so fast and so high with Caceras right in front of him and Rooney having to slightly pull his head back in mid-air that directing it down was not such an easy task. It was probably also a surprise to an already jumping Rooney that the goalie didn't get the ball before it came to him.

yes, and he had to jump so high
i didn't hear anyone saying that it was a bad miss

10456233_10152109545972447_4499211249719558434_n.jpg

frederic38

Hall of Famer
The slip resulted in them playing the rest of the match against Chelsea in a panic so it had an impact on that match. IIRC the loss meant Man City could win the title by winning their last three matches no matter what Liverpool did. It was noted at the time that right after the Liverpool loss City got a spring in their step and started playing their best football (ie renewed hope) whereas before when Liverpool were in the driver's seat they were struggling (eg the Sunderland draw). Liverpool never recovered. It's all speculation but psychology plays a big part in sport.

i think that if they managed to win the title, with 50 goals scored against them they would have been by far the premier league champions with most goals scored against them
even after their win against manchester city, i didn't believe that they could win the title

ENDSIEG

Guru
England are nearly out!BalooRussia

Great to see the puffed up 'England' team about to get the aeroplane home, I hope Italy win but the Negro Balotelli gets injured or suspended.

Would be nice if Russia won but judging by their performance the other day that is very unlikely...

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
balotelli didn't score so far against coasta rica and italy are down 1-0
he got a great oportunity after a perfect vertical pass by pirlo, but his first touch was not perfect (too long), and he shot partly with his leg and not his foot, so the shot went off target
and another one , a volley, where he shot very powerfully but straight at the goalkeeper

frederic38

Hall of Famer
This is an interesting piece, only a non-White could get away with this article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...atest-ever-footballer-has-been-overhyped.html

about pelé and his predictions:

Despite high expectations, first sparked by Pele's prediction in 1977 that "an African nation will win the World Cup before the year 2000," there have been a series of disappointments.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/13/sport/football/world-cup-africa-vieira-football/

:bored:

in the article they even mention that the fact he was black played a big part in the creation of the myth in the media

foobar75

Master
Italy deserved to lose, they should've yanked Balotelli at halftime. I will definitely be rooting for Uruguay in the next match, unless Italy benches the African, which is unlikely.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
cameroon's world cup has really been a disgrace, both on the pitch and out of the pitch
they are criticized a lot in their country
first they refused to take the plane that would take them to brazil until they got the money they asked for
that money could have been used to help local football in africa but you know how much corruption there is in africa
they asked for more money than most of the teams
the money they got for just going to the world cup was the same france's players would get if they won the world cup

in cameroon they are furious about it
etoo especially has been known for many stories like this one
in cameroon a player like patrick mboma is recognised as one of cameroon's best players ever with roger milla, not etoo

and i read that some of the money they got came from public money , which is unaccpetable since most of these clowns don't live in cameroon

then there are the fights on the pitch, the bad results etc

frederic38

Hall of Famer
france-switzerland:
france has made some changes, but the racial makeup remains exactly the same (rememeber, no racial quotas :icon_rolleyes: ) 5 whites, 5 blacks and 1 arab

switzerland still has the same number of white players too

france-switzerland:
france has made some changes, but the racial makeup remains exactly the same (rememeber, no racial quotas :icon_rolleyes: ) 5 whites, 5 blacks and 1 arab

switzerland still has the same number of white players too

Sagna's in?
Don't tell me!

He isn't worth Debuchy's boots!

i hope france's defence gets tested
i need to talk about the defence really
first, out of the 23 players in the french team, varane and sakho (the 2 center halves) are the ones to have played the least minutes in their respective clubs
and before the world cup, they had played only 3 games together
usually koscielny was starting
i have no idea why it changed
the central defence needs stability, everybody knows it
varane was a substitute last season, so was sakho at liverpool

france's selection of defenders was bad enough:
http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php/13607-French-Soccer?p=302454&viewfull=1#post302454

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php/13607-French-Soccer?p=302494&viewfull=1#post302494

but now it gets crazy with sakho and varane starting as central defenders,if it's confirmed

f3f70.jpg

it is the youngest pair of central defenders at the world cup, also the one with the less matches played internationally (varane played only 7 matches for france :lol: :icon_neutral: )

You know that someone has bent backwards to accommodate black players,when even DWF's can smell something fishy:

ipzqYmN3UA5n3.png

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Late to the party,but all in all,yesterday was a great day.....the most 'pro black' team in the world cup is virtually knocked out!:heh:

England for me was the worst team because unlike any other European team,all their black starters were attackers.France,Netherlands,Brazil all have blacks but they're mostly defenders/defensive midfielders.

Many average Soccer fans worldwide involuntarily accept that whites are the best attackers,and it is England who went out of their way to try and dispel that fact.

England moved Rooney,their best player out of position to accommodate Sturridge,a striker who only scored many in the PL because of Suarez.

Rarely do players with just one full season of first team football start for England,but the anti-white coach,Hodgson discarded one of the most creative English players Lallana,to accommodate Sterling.

And worst of all,Hodgson changed England's formation from a 4-3-3 to a very attacking 4-2-3-1 to give Welbeck,a 'striker' whose main strength is to track back,a place in the starting eleven at the expense of Wilshere,one of the world's best young midfielders!

And this is without discussing Milner,who had a great season for the title winners,FFS!

Also,Lambert couldn't get more than a peep despite scoring 13 goals and having 10 assists.

What England deserve is a spanking at the hands of Costa Rica.

i would have never thought that a player as talented and highly rated as wilshere would be left on the bench
in a similar situation it would have been impossible to bench a black player
white players seem easier to sacrifice
a world cup is every 4 years, and wilshere is actually english unlike the african wembeck so it must hurt to watch the games from the bench

i would have never thought that a player as talented and highly rated as wilshere would be left on the bench
in a similar situation it would have been impossible to bench a black player
white players seem easier to sacrifice
a world cup is every 4 years, and wilshere is actually english unlike the african wembeck so it must hurt to watch the games from the bench

For once I'd like to see a white player show some balls,and speak out and say something!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Now if the "Swiss" can knock off the odious "French", it'll make for a good start to the weekend. Hopefully, Uruguay will put an end to the Mario Balotelli nonsense once and for all.

This tournament could be wide open for Germany to take. Spain and Italy who have both been recent thorns in their side could be gone.

Giroud just scored from a corner via a magnificient header,around 12 yards out!

Benzema wouldn't have had a chance,of meeting the ball even!

The black Djourou gives away an unnecessary,rash penalty...Benzema misses it.
Two birds with one stone!:thumb:

Kaptain

Master
I thought the Swiss scored. What happened? I have been run in and out of the house casually watching.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
did anybody notice pogba was not playing?
yes, that's how important he is

the goals scored by france were from white players for 2 of them, but i'm still angry at the very low level of the group france has

Status
Not open for further replies.