2013 NFL Season Week 5

MetalHed

Guru
I'd like make a non-football comment before calling it a night. Today was a very rare day for me in which I was home all-day and got to watch a lot of football. I haven't been watching much TV for years except for sports, and so during today's almost uninterrupted hours of viewing, I noticed something unmistakeable: The insufferable presence and what appears to be the exponential rise of negroes in commercials.

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but according to my non-scientific tally today, 9 out 10 commercials, regardless of the product or service, features one or more blacks in a prominent role. And in all of them, whether it's a young, hip couple walking their dog, a man checking his stock portfolio, or a family enjoying a pleasant afternoon in their nice suburban home, blacks are portrayed in the absolutely most positive way imaginable. It's beyond unbelievable.

And the other thing is the buddy dynamic in these commercials, which only exits in the delusional minds of whomever is creating them. Apparently, it's impossible for White people to attend a party, a barbecue, a sporting event, or any other social function without the presence of their wonderfully civil, peaceful, intelligent, and sophisticated black friends.

I'm going back to limiting my exposure to this garbage, and find a way to stop watching all these commercials during games. Otherwise I may end up doing some damage to my TV.

My Dad brought this to my attention years ago and it's gotten worse. I try and play games on my phone during commercials.

Gatorade: a strong black man, sweating and pushing himself to the limit-

State Farm: reassuring deep voiced black man. Calm, cool, in control. In comes black male insurance agent - saves white woman from goofy white agent working for generic company-

Cheerios: attractive white mother + smiley-pie black dad + nappy headed mixed girl = the perfect American family in nice home

Toyota: groomed confident black man behind the wheel, black guys and white girls break dancing all around - soooo kewl

Subway: insert smiley-pie black NFL player here

Any Security company: white woman, scared and hiding with child. Two nice looking white men break down the door and try and rob the place but wait! They're stopped by the voice of the annoying security response lady with the headset on-

Coors: drink our ****ty beer, you'll be cooler than Ice Cube

K-mart- school bus full of nappy heads rapping about school supplies and dancing around. A lone cute white girl in the crowd, sucked into the Zulu hunting dance

Pepsi: man-face Beyoncé dancing around like a moron. Strong black women unite!

I could go all night

Am I dreaming?!? It's late so maybe I am. Woodhead gets the start, gets a "difference makers" mention, has a little highlight film featuring his big plays last week show, probably touches the ball 70% of the snaps...what the hell is going on...never mind he just got stuffed on 4th and goal, probably the end of his career.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Not only do they keep running him straight up the gut but they don't even let him get a running start.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Woodhead has great explosive 1st five steps. He would have scored a 5 yard TD, but got tripped up and landed a yard short. Chargers knocking on the door. Next play Danny was stopped on the goal line. Damn. One thing is clear, he is playing ahead of Maffews. Rivers and his receivers need to re sync themselves and get back in this game.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Regarding Foobar75's observations; I agree.

The whole against-reality propaganda of commercials is really sickening. It's just a case of presenting an "ideal" world and hoping that the stupidity of the average person will gradually result in society endeavoring to mirror the commercials, rather than the commercials accurately reflecting society.

The friendly, successful yuppy Black family is a tired trope that various commercials never tire of trotting out there. If there is EVER a case of a Black person on TV, whether on a commercial or in a TV show, acting like a typical Black person, this chimp behavior is counterbalanced by the White-acting Blacks that are also in the show or commercial.

People make fun of Whiggers (as they should), but really, far more Black people try to "act White" than the other way around. It's simply because "acting White" means acting like a decent person, not a loud, nasty race-baiting, lazy f*cking special-needs child who shiftlessly welfare-moms his or her way through life. Acting White seems easy but it must actually be very difficult because most Black people fail at it and revert to their natural selves.

Criminals on TV can NEVER be Black unless they are White-collar criminals (ie, possessing of some intelligence) or paired with a White accomplice, usually a Whigger. Even these are rare and for the most part criminals on various shows are White.

The other dynamic of a fat, stupid White guy married to some stuck-up, know-it-all b*tch is also a favorite dead horse that keeps getting beaten.

On tiresome, boring shows such as Cops there is a stereotype that all the perps are White trash. This is a deliberate move by the producers of the show to avoid making the show into what it could easily be: an endless parade of stupid Black criminals.

One only need to watch any show about detectives or firemen to see what trash television is.

It's AMAZING that every show about firemen has to be filled with women firefighters, and minority firefighters. Because, as we all know, stick-bug armed girls and Black guys who AA'ed their way into the profession are just as good at rescuing people as Whites. Same thing with college classrooms on TV. Or ANY classroom. Black people are always shown as being among the most intelligent; saying intellectual things, winning contests, "sticking it to Whitey." HA.

We all know that the only people lighting it up in classrooms are Whites, Asians, Indians from the Asian subcontinent... But Blacks? Come on.

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
The Chargers should think about using the pistol formation, the shotgun formation isn't really great for running out of, not much variety, this is why the pistol was invented, the benefits of shotgun and also the benefits of running out of single back or i formation. Even last year for SMU, Line lined up a few yards back from the qb. Woodhead is running sideways at a 45 degree angle when getting the ball.

Westside

Hall of Famer
SD O-line sucks right now. Rivers is getting limited time and getting sacked. Hopefully they can prevent anymore Raida scoring and re group at half time. On the plus side Woodhead is playing good. Always getting the tough yards. Maffews is injured again, no surprise. It appears he sustained a possible concussion. On the side lines and helmet taken away. Won't be seeing him anymore tonight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Te'o has been pedestrian at best. Right now I am debating if I should watch the second half or switch on HBO On Demand and watch a Sapronos' episode from season 4.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
With the dull-eyed Vick out for a game or more, it would be sweet indeed if Riley Cooper "miraculously"comes to life with Nick Foles throwing to him and sticks it to Weenieworld and the rest of the media army that hates him and wants to see him out of the league. From Weenieworld:

Riley Cooper did not catch a pass in Sunday's Week 5 win over the Giants. Cooper is a blocker that can't separate. He's arguably the worst starting receiver in the league in terms of pass-catching. Through five weeks, Cooper has totaled eight catches for 93 yards despite playing almost every snap.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Well the Vikings signed Freeman. Ponder got about 2 full seasons in Minnesota to establish himself yet Freeman gets 5 seasons and now gets to more than likely steal the QB position from Ponder - I have a feeling we will be seeing more off this.

Honestly the black QB movement is a numbers game. I have zero hope that the influx is going to stop and the NFL will continue to get blacker.

Whites will soon be viewed at as inferior to play QB just like they are at every other position.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Woodhead fumbles, man I hope that doesn't affect his touches. Ronnie Brown goes to console him, and looks to be smaller than him, at least height wise.

If they are going to run him, how about the i formation? or single back? why are the chargers in the shotgun? even when the game was fairly close it was shotgun most of the time. Perhaps that is why the oline sucks, its either going to be a draw up the gut or pass, pretty predictable. Also sumos on the line have had several penalties.

edit: tough running by Danny on a screen pass on the next drive.

Westside

Hall of Famer
yeah Woody fumbled, but came back with a great 17 yard screen run. THEN......great 5 yard TD! Thats the way Woody, come back strong1

Westside

Hall of Famer
For some reason both NE and SD do not understand how Woodhead would create huge plays with screens or sweeps. Glad, Woody redeemed himself on that power TD. SD still has a chance.

dwid

Hall of Famer
they keep mentioning how small he is, yet when Ronnie Brown came up to him, he looked shorter, maybe he was hunched over, but he is listed at 6'0, so can't be that much difference. They keep saying stuff like "generously listed at 5'8".

Pats used him creatively at times during his first season with them, he averaged 5.6. Then it became nothing but draws up the gut, maybe an occasional screen and mostly catches on broken down pass plays, like his longest play from scrimmage came his first year with the pats 50 yards, it was called a shovel pass, but it was basically a toss play out of shotgun, blocked the same way, it might have traveled a millimeter forward so counted as a reception, but it basically went sideways.

Westside

Hall of Famer
SD refusing to die just scored a TD on a Rivers pass. Woody still being the go to guy with getting key yards to keep the drive alive. 17 to 23 Raidas.

Westside

Hall of Famer
The NFL announcing crew has been very complimentary towards Woodhead this game. Man, hope SD can pull this out. SD has to do something about their O-line ASAP, if they have any realistic ideas about the post season.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Rivers showing determination and ice water in his veins. Woody and receivers making key catches. SD knocking on the door!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Game over. Rivers throw Int. Regardless, Woodhead played great. SD has to do something about the O-line and run Woody on screens and sweeps.

The Hock

Master
Gotta love how Danny has overcome the odds and continues to prove himself. I distinctly remember one of those NFL draft magazines sniffing something to the effect of "Danny Woodhead has no assets that would make him an NFL prospect." I'd like to take the idiot that wrote that and rub his nose in his own poop for being such a bad dog and sorry ass excuse for a journalist.

But The Hock is not a violent man.

Apologize if this was covered earlier in the thread..

Foles comes off the bench for Philly and plays well (197 yds, 64% completion rate, 2 TDs, 0 picks).
Not bad on the road.

PHillisFan

Master
One of the headlines at nfl.com reads that pryor is progressing. Progressing? Just another black quarterback coddled by dwfs in media.

Not only do they keep running him straight up the gut but they don't even let him get a running start.

Someone at VNN made this comment on Woodhead: LINK

The coordinator also has to design plays that the RB will succeed with. I think after Bill O'Brien left the Patriots that they deliberately sabotaged Danny Woodhead. They designed great plays that played to the strengths of their black RBs but kept giving Danny runs up the gut and refused to use him when he and the offense got hot and started to gel.

Peyton Hillis's career was over when Holmgren came to Cleveland and fired Mangini. He didn't lack talent, he lost an honest coach.

seattlefan

Guru
Remember the race mixing Cheerios ad that was supposedly stopped from airing because of consumer complants?

I saw it 5 times yesterday.

I rarely watch TV outside of sports. The worst thing about TV are the commercials. As another poster said, its pro-multicult bs 24/7. Every black is brilliant and middle-class normal. Hardly any of them are that way in reality.