2013 NFL Draft

foobar75

Master
White tackles make it 3 out of 4! Are we seeing a White resurgence in the position after years of drafting sumos brought down the percentages to 50/50? The offensive line was once a heavily White dominated position. Need to keep an eye out for the rest of the draft.

dwid

Hall of Famer
another bust, Ansah. Maybe Suh can teach him how to play dirty. Amazing how he lied about his age, no one knows how old he really is and considered to have so much upside, but Hunt is 26, did more in college and did a lot more in a small period. "but Ansah never knew what football was, never touched a football, he had to get help putting his pads on", yeah I am sure Hunt was playing football in Estonia. Putting pads on shouldn't be that difficult.

Another BUST in the making, Mingo, 3 guys who are being drafted as pass rushers who haven't had much success actually rushing the passer in college.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The truth about this draft that you won't read anywhere but on CF -- in spite of the Caste System and all the recruiting and opportunity breaks they get, there's damn few really good black prospects. Quite an indictment of the Caste System.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Dion Jordan = big time bust

One trick pony who will be easily handled in the NFL.
Yes he looks like Aaron Maybin all over again. He will struggle if a lineman gets a piece of him. Also Johnathan Cooper looks like he could be a Special Olympian.......:scared:

dwid

Hall of Famer
The truth about this draft that you won't read anywhere but on CF -- in spite of the Caste System and all the recruiting and opportunity breaks they get, there's damn few really good black prospects. Quite an indictment of the Caste System.
They are fewer each year. The problem with countering this with great White athletes is, they aren't being recruited. When a Warren Sapp came out, teams were looking to recruit the next Sapp out of high school, same true with any other black star. Its not happening really with guys like Clay Matthews and JJ Watt. None of the recruiters are looking for the next guys like them, yet we still have guys fall through the cracks.

other than the NFL becoming more fair to White players in the US, it would be nice to see football developed more in Europe, they have some talented players just not many good coaches to develop the players. There are a ton of guys that could play. It would be nice to something similar to the basketball leagues in Europe, having a European team play an NFL team, or an all star type game, just as an exhibition game. With better coaching and development I think the NFL would struggle.

Can you imagine a 5'8 180 pound White guy going top 10?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tayvon Austin is only 175 pounds and his vertical is just 32". Bill Polian observed the other night that a receiver that small hasn't had a long career in the NFL in many years due to lack of durability. Yet this is the best receiver the Caste System can cough up this year.

L

Lew

Unbelievable. 5'8 receiver with a 32 inch vertical and he gets picked in the top 10. I guess it pays to be black.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tayvon Austin is only 175 pounds and his vertical is just 32". Bill Polian observed the other night that a receiver that small hasn't had a long career in the NFL in many years due to lack of durability. Yet this is the best receiver the Caste System can cough up this year.
I just saw a commercial with Mingo proposing to his mother?(Or at least it looked like that) With all the crazy posturing over gay marriage is incest far behind? Also did the commisioner visit a federal prison before this ceremony he has every soul handshake down pat...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
think I am pretty sure of what I just saw, the top cb drafted this year, they showed a clip of him getting beat by the Notre Dame tight end.

Yeh, some "highlights" package. :lol:

Pie

Guru
Unbelievable. 5'8 receiver with a 32 inch vertical and he gets picked in the top 10. I guess it pays to be black.

I wouldn't even begin to speculate the hype that would surround Sam McGuffie if he were black and had to opportunities that Austin was handed. Larger, and possessing leaps(harr harr) and bounds more athleticism.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Titans select a guard whose 40 time at the Combine wasn't much faster than Rich Eisen's annual sprint for laughs.

L

Lew

I wouldn't even begin to speculate the hype that would surround Sam McGuffie if he were black and had to opportunities that Austin was handed. Larger, and possessing leaps(harr harr) and bounds more athleticism.
If McGuffie and Swope were black they'd both be locks for the 10 wouldn't they ?

Pie

Guru
The best clip for DJ Fluker's highlight they could dig up was him daintily brushing off someone else's block and then hold-tackling a linebacker. UPSIDE!

Pie

Guru
If McGuffie and Swope were black they'd both be locks for the 10 wouldn't they ?

Good thing they aren't, if so, ESPN would still be stuck covering the crying, cheering, and homoerotic hugfest caused by them. I gotta get to sleep sometime tonight after all.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

You hit the nail on the head Lew. No doubt about it. I would go so far as to say that Swope would easily be a top 5 pick and maybe top 3. He is that good. Stats and film don't lie. I just hope that most of our guys go to teams that will play them and not burry them on the bench.

It still makes me sick that Toby Gerhart went to the team with the best running back in the nfl. It makes you believe in conspiracies. :wacko:

dwid

Hall of Famer
Titans select a guard whose 40 time at the Combine wasn't much faster than Rich Eisen's annual sprint for laughs.
and he had "short arms" I believe, which would be a no no for a White guy, even at Guard. Chargers "help" RIvers by taking a sumo tackle 340 pounds, which is much lower than what it was.

Second cornerback taken, pretty sure I saw McGuffie burn him with ease in his limited time as a wideout. Yep, first play on the new hl video I made, McGuffie had him beat but had to slow down to adjust for the pass, still made the catch. A guy who just made the transition had no problem beating the "2nd best cornerback" but probably won't be drafted with elite measurables and upside.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Geno Smith could fall a long way now that the Jets passed on him. That kind of slide has only happened to White QBs previously in recent years going back to Aaron Rodgers in '05.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Geno Smith could fall a long way now that the Jets passed on him. That kind of slide has only happened to White QBs previously in recent years going back to Aaron Rodgers in '05.

of course they are going to say "black tax' despite the fact that he played under Holgerson, who learned everything from Leach, and even his most talented White qbs weren't considered top guys, mid to late round guys. Easy system that can be installed in 3 days. Can't make his progressions. Supposedly he and Manuel were supposed to be gone by now.

and the Saints pick a Malcolm Jenkins clone, stone hands, not a sure tackler, might be able to be an average nickel back, which is where Jenkins did his best, although that was still average.

Screw the Bils, EJ Manuel. They should have gone Nassib or Barkley. Heres to 5 years of crappy qb play for them.

even Kiper said it, 1 read, check down or run. "doesn't understand the game completely." He runs a 4.65, so "he can run the option", why can't Locker, Tannehilll, Ponder etc do this?

Last edited:
L

Lew

Wow. Well I'll definitely be rooting hard for the Bills to lose next season.

foobar75

Master
The draft has certainly gone downhill fast after the first 4 picks. Can we even get 5 Whites in the first round at this point? Werner, Barkley perhaps? Anyone else?

PHillisFan

Master
Wow. Well I'll definitely be rooting hard for the Bills to lose next season.

Of all the dumb picks. This is one stupid organization. Another chump organization falling for the amazing black quarterback afleet myth. They passed over two blue chippers in barkely and nassib for this afleet. It's picks like these that will keep them in the nfl cellar.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The draft has certainly gone downhill fast after the first 4 picks. Can we even get 5 Whites in the first round at this point? Werner, Barkley perhaps? Anyone else?
Manuel at 15 is a reach. He looks even worse than Smith. That said I don't see any future stars this year, but he is probably the worst of top 5 quarterbacks. I guess the Bills want to challenge the Saints record for the most years without making the playoffs.......:thumbdown::huh:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Eifert and Werner should go. Possibly Pugh and Hunt. Doubt any White QBs will go in the first round now.

foobar75

Master
Eifert and Werner should go. Possibly Pugh and Hunt. Doubt any White QBs will go in the first round now.

Good call, Pugh just went to the Giants. May still get 6 or 7, hopefully.