2012 NFL Week 3

seattlefan

Guru
The fumbles don't really matter at this point in the game but it makes him look bad. I recall he had fumble problems sometimes in the college game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gerhart is not helping his cause by fumbling twice trying to kill the clock ffs... DWFs will not forget that.

EXCUSE ME, three times? oh my god. he's probably done for the year if not forever.

Jeez...come on Toby...that does not help your cause at all. It's safe to say the small window in which white RBs playing over the past few years seems to be closing :cry:

backrow

Hall of Famer
imagine the vicious attacks on him that will come now, calling for either another back or simply for Peterson and Harvin to get all the carries.

what a lousy day. at least Jared Allen and Robison put an end to 49ers day.

dwid

Hall of Famer
The fumbles don't really matter at this point in the game but it makes him look bad. I recall he had fumble problems sometimes in the college game.
yeah he did and they usually came in bunches, don't know what that is about. Peterson fumbled 18 times over a 2 year span and all it took to fix it was drafting a White runningback that was extremely talented. What they figured out was he was constantly sticking his arm out to brace his fall, and sometimes the ball would be in that particular hand, it took SOMEONE else to figure out why he was fumbling so much to fix it. I am guessing Gerhart fumbles because he runs upright at times and if he is in traffic with a punishing style defenders will avoid body contact but try to punch that ball out. That was the other thing causing Peterson's fumbles, his upright style, can't really change that, but you can change how you fall. I think Hillis has the problem because he has 8 inch hands but a few were flukes like the 3 in Buffalo, that was so slippery. Most came when he didn't know when to give up, dragging several defenders its kind of hard to keep a firm grip on the ball the entire time, plus your almost at a dead stop which makes it easier for a defender to knock it out. I am pretty sure most bigger bruising backs fumble a little more than other backs. Tiki Barber was a lil guy that had trouble though, like 9 fumbles 3 out of 4 seasons, with the 4th one being 8 fumbles

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a day by Jake Locker. RG3 may get all the hype, but Locker will probably have the better career. He thrw for 378 yards passind and two touchdowns while running for another 35 yards on the ground. What a stud! The kid has a bright future as long as he can stay healthy. Stafford had a good game too. Christian Ponder looked good today nad Tannehill is slowly coming along.

I just saw a beautiful bomb pass from Manning to Decker! What a combo. This should be a good game but I am slightly pulling for the Broncos. Both the Texans and the Broncos are white friendly though so it will be a fun game to watch.

I'm so pissed off about the Gerhart and Hillis situation. I doubt Woodhead will get many chances tonight either. I will say this. Peterson is going to get hurt. If they continue to run him 25 times a game, all I can say is good luck with that! He is not a kid anymore and he just went through a major surgery a year ago. It's only a matter of time. I'm sure that dwf's will be so angry if they have to watch Gerhart run the ball again. Toby needs to leave the Vikings after next season if things don't improve.

backrow

Hall of Famer
What was the scoop on Brian Hartline today? Only one catch.

Tom Iron...

he was being covered from little of the game that i saw, also drew at least one big interference call, he was on the field at all times i think.

EDIT: finally some love for Kevin Walter in the passing game! 52 yard TD bomb!

foobar75

Master
Looks to be another rather lousy week for White skill players, and the lone bright spots are mostly with the QBs and on the defensive side. Collie with a single target/reception, and don't even get me started with Hillis/Gerhart. I have to be honest, whether it's caste fatigue or some other reason(s), I'm finding that my interest in the NFL is dwindling rather rapidly. I'm sick and tired of spending every Sunday trying to find those handful of bright spots, and even they don't seem to happen anymore, as talented White players continue to receive the short end of the stick.

Where's Electric Slide when we need him to inject some optimism into the air?

dwid

Hall of Famer
I dub the Saints-Chiefs matchup one of the sorriest excuses for what is supposed to be a professional football game. Sloppy play on both sides. The Saints front four were getting pushed around like ragdolls at times, the linebackers got swallowed up easy and couldn't shed blockers and the Chiefs have struggled to make just creases the past few games, they made gaping holes for Charles, although I think he had one run over 2 yards after the 91 and 40 yard carry, he looked pretty gassed out after that, well before his 20th carry. It is safe to say that he isn't even in enough physical shape to play 4 quarters being the main guy, once Hillis went out, Draughn only came in like 3 or 4 times the rest of the game, Charles was dragging ass. I enjoyed seeing him get stuffed for the entire 4th quarter and most of overtime, getting extra joy when a big ole lineman would fall on top of him as well as the linebacker who started the tackle. He is going to be feeling this game all week. Hopefully Hillis is okay to play next week. I don't think Charles will want a big workload like he did this week, and this was an easy week. The Saints made Cam Newton look like a pro bowler and then the next week he sucked and was sulking on the sideline, made RGIII look like a potential HOFer and then he came out looking very below average the next game. I think Spags has to come to the conclusion that he has to blitz in order to get pressure. Both ends are bigger run stuffing types, probably better suited for a 3-4, the defensive tackles might as well be two stationary refrigerators with the amount of push they make.

Kevin Walter 52 yard td!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful bomb from Schaub to Walter! Chad Greenway had another monster game -- 13 total tackles and 2 sacks. Russell Allen has been a tackle machine since getting a chance to start. Laurinaitis with another huge game, among others on defense.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Looks to be another rather lousy week for White skill players, and the lone bright spots are mostly with the QBs and on the defensive side. Collie with a single target/reception, and don't even get me started with Hillis/Gerhart. I have to be honest, whether it's caste fatigue or some other reason(s), I'm finding that my interest in the NFL is dwindling rather rapidly. I'm sick and tired of spending every Sunday trying to find those handful of bright spots, and even they don't seem to happen anymore, as talented White players continue to receive the short end of the stick.

I feel the same way. I can't even count on Burkhead to get a big workload in the upcoming weeks, there is just Zach Line, who amazes me every time he plays with how quick he is for a big guy, he moves like a much smaller back, he has improved as a runner, learning when to try to make people miss or just try to use power. Unfortunately they are hardly ever on tv.

If the NFL can't supply one White runner that gets at least 50 percent of the carries in a thunder and lightning situation, even a Mike Alstott role would do, then I don't think it is worth routinely watching any more. Welker doesn't play the Welker anymore. He is a reserve that may see some occasional targets, the offense no longer runs through him. Of course guys like Decker, Nelson and Hartline light it up every now and then but the most talented of them, Nelson, is not being used to his fullest potential. Hartline is still inconsistent, not sure if it playcalling or him just being inconsistent. What really rubs salt in the wound is the fact that I see guys like Cedric Benson and Lawfirm as featured backs, with no special trait about them, except they can manage to get yards when the line provides holes. Even someone like Shonn Greene still getting double digit carries averaging 2 ypc, where are all these plays that they had designed for Tebow? Guys like that those 3 out there getting plenty of carries, and we are supposed to believe not one single White guy is capable of being a featured back? Oh thats right they just always happen to be on a team with a superstar back, at least in name, Adrian Peterson's ypc has dropped every game. Its even worse for Leonard, he isn't even behind a great back, or a good back, he is behind an average back. Jacob Hester never even got a shot.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Where is the Broncos defense from last year. The Texans are very talented but the Broncos also are not putting up much of a fight. Manning has an uphill battle to try and make this a game.

Hartline should be thrown to 10-15 times a game. If Miami wants to win, get the ball in his hands more. He has the speed to make the big plays. Tannehill has to get a little more accurate and I'm sure he will in time. I feel bad for Tebow. He is the forgotten man and Sanchez despite the win is horrible and his accuracy sucks.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Vick playing like crap again. Just got sacked near the goal line and AZ returned it for a TD. The Cardinals lead 24-0 at the half.

Well one good thing is that if Hillis can get over whatever the injury is he will get plenty of carries from here out.Dwid hit the nail on the head about Charles being gassed out and shouldn't be anywhere over 20 carries because he gets tired out by then.I think he only managed 10-15 yards on his last 10-12 carries.Draughn has looked decent but nowhere near as good as a healthy Hillis.

It looks like Amendoja and Hartline are gonna have the same problem that seems to always plague Jordy and Welker,great stat line one week and huge dropoff the next. The Rams didn't look that great from what i seen the few times i flipped over so hopefully Danny can have a better game next time around.Tannehill is going to get better so Hartline will see better days.

At least we can hope all this comes true but who knows in the nfl.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Charles had 233 yards rushing today. I'd say Hillis is a pure backup at this point, same with Gerhart with his fumbleitis.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Where is the Broncos defense from last year. The Texans are very talented but the Broncos also are not putting up much of a fight. Manning has an uphill battle to try and make this a game.

Hartline should be thrown to 10-15 times a game. If Miami wants to win, get the ball in his hands more. He has the speed to make the big plays. Tannehill has to get a little more accurate and I'm sure he will in time. I feel bad for Tebow. He is the forgotten man and Sanchez despite the win is horrible and his accuracy sucks.
they were on the bench for a good portion of the game with Tebow and McGahee leading the league in rushing plays, nice and rested when they had to go on the field, but of course in the eyes of the dwf they "constantly bailed him out"

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Pretty disappointing day thus far. Tommorow BigUnreal will make his usually weekly rant and I'll be even more depressed.

backrow

Hall of Famer
at least our white WRs/TEs are doing well in Texans - Broncos game.

Watt is a beast. another 1.5 sacks!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Charles had 233 yards rushing today. I'd say Hillis is a pure backup at this point, same with Gerhart with his fumbleitis.

He could barely stand up in the 4th quarter, he looked like he was running in mud, I don't think he has the stamina, his small body must not have much muscle as it seems he can only put out so much energy. But if they want to run him until he is falling apart then let him fall apart, he won't last more than a few games with a full workload. I would actually love to see that, run Charles into the ground then they play the Ravens and watch him get stuffed. Hillis will steal the show there.

he did this against a defense that was
32nd against the run
32nd in sacks
32nd in total defense
32nd in points allowed
32nd in yards per carry
32nd in yards per play
32nd on 3rd down defense

Plus his line failed to consistently provide holes in the other games, I think it will be the same next week and the week after that and so on, might get a few more sorry teams, they do have a weak schedule besides a few teams.

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
Back to back roughing the passer penalties on Denver against Matt Schaub. Both lead with the crown of the helmet on Schaub after he threw the ball. The second penalty is especially deserving of a fine or suspension.

I love schaub's reaction though. He came off for one play and had an angry look before he came back in. Looked real tough.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer

Yes, today has been pretty unexciting thus far, but there have been some positive aspects, too. For instance, Greg “Gap-Toothed-Wigger” Schiano’s (as Freethinker hilariously refers to him) Buccaneers lost, Jim “The Bug-Eyed Psychopathic Wigger” Harbaugh’s 49ers lost to a far-whiter Minnesota squad, the Cocoa-Brown Saints are 0-3, and RGIII was defeated again, absorbing a beating in the process.

Broncos-Texans looks like a good game, with 6 of the games 8 leading receivers being white players…

Texans:
Kevin Walter – 3 catches, 73 yards, TD
Garrett Graham – 2 catches, 39 yards
Owen Daniels – 2 catches, 12 yards
Andre Johnson – 1 catch, 60 yards, TD

Broncos:
Eric Decker - 4 catches, 68 yards
Demarious Thomas – 2 catches, 27 yards
Jacob Tamme – 2 catches, 20 yards
Joel Dreessen – 1 catch, 30 yards

610x.jpg

CAPTION: Kevin Walter – 52 Yard TD

With any luck, Woodhead, Welker, Gronkowski, and Edelman will shine tonight against Baltimore. There has been a myriad of national exposure concerning the oh-so obvious “phasing out” of Wes Welker in favor of a lame, boring, grind-it-out, run-first offense featuring an average running back…so it would that much sweeter to see Welker have a career night against “Wigger John” Harbaugh’s Baltimore Chocolate Factory. I hope he sets the field ablaze tonight, with “Little Joshy” left with a dark, wet spot leaching through the crotch of his khakis...

500x_custom_1255352816814_josh_01.jpg

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
Manning is looking for Decker today. too bad his another huge connection got wiped away by a holding call, it was close to 40 yards.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Great to see that Kevin Walter is tearing it up. Hopefully this tread continues for him. I was worried that he would never be a top flight reciever 2 to 3 years ago and somehow "mysteriously" thrown on the trash heap of great White players.