2012 NCAA Football Team Write ups

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'll take SoCal, UCLA, Syracuse & Louisville.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
I'd be interesting in taking the UAB Blazers, South Florida Bulls, and California Golden Bears. I know I'm relatively new here but I'd still like to help out. Thanks!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'd be interesting in taking the UAB Blazers, South Florida Bulls, and California Golden Bears. I know I'm relatively new here but I'd still like to help out. Thanks!

That's great! Thanks for contributing and previewing some teams Vanilla. :) I'll put you down for those teams.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Vanilla Sky, welcome to Caste Football & thanks for stepping right up and chipping in. :yo:

JL, I'll also take Arizona & Maryland. FYI, I'll likely get these (above) done sometime between Saturday & Sunday evening(s).

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I'll take Air Force, Akron, Miami U, and Toledo !

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
I'm still waiting on the UAB Blazers to update their depth chart. Looks like it may take a while. In the meantime, I'll go ahead and take Virginia Tech while I wait.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
FYI fellers, I'll look to get the previews for Syracuse, Louisville, etc. done this weekend, as I've been busier than a long-tail cat in a room full o' rockin' chairs this week (at work).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm going to take these teams as well: Texas State Bobcats, Troy Trojans, Tulsa Golden Hurricane, UTEP Miners, West Virginia Mountaineers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jack, I don't remember who wrote it, but Rice has already been previewed.

I'll further take the Memphis Tigers, the Eastern Michigan Eagles, the Fresno State Bulldogs and the Houston Cougars.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Thanks Colonel!! I've been real busy as of late, so I haven't been able to update this page as much as I'd like.

I have a couple of hours free today, so I'm going to try and finish some of these previews with you!

Also, I'll finish off my previews this year with Central Michigan and Arkansas State, in addition to my other previews I need to get done yet!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Air Force Falcons - celticdb15
Akron Zips - celticdb15
Arkansas State Red Wolves - Jack Lambert
Central Michigan Chippewas - Jack Lambert
Colorado State Rams - claimjumper
Kansas Jayhawks - Kaiser Soze
Kansas State Wildcats - Kaiser Soze
Kent State Golden Flashes - Jack Lambert
Louisiana State Tigers - dwid
Marshall Thundering Herd -Colonel Reb
Miami University Redhawks - celticdb15
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
New Mexico Lobos - Colonel Reb
North Texas Mean Green -Colonel Reb
South Florida Bulls - Vanilla Sky
Syracuse Orange - DixieDestroyer
Toledo Rockets - celticdb15
Tulane Green Wave - dwid
UAB Blazers - Vanilla Sky
Western Michigan Broncos - Leonardfan

Above are the 20 teams remaining, along with those who will preview them. Thanks for the help everyone!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thanks to the good Colonel and JL for stepping it up on this year's previews and thanks to everyone else who's chipped in. :clap2:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i would like to echo the kind words of Dixie Destroyer and others in thanking the devoted gentlemen who've taken the time to endure the thankless task of compiling all this info. good work, men!

truly, there are dark days ahead for college football ... and for America.

Claimjumper

Mentor
just an fyi, I do have the thread started for Colorado State and some discussion going (just waiting on the depth chart to come out!)

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Thank you very much for the kind words Dixie and Jimmy. :) I really appreciate it, and I really enjoy working on this college football previews.

Also, Colonel, I'll take Middle Tennessee State for my last team!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Akron Zips - celticdb15
Tulane Green Wave - dwid

Above are the teams remaining, along with those who will preview them.

Last edited:

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Just letting everyone know that I'm aware UAB hasn't been done yet. I've been waiting for ages for their depth chart to come out, or even one that is just a prediction. Sorry about it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No problem Vanilla Sky and Claimjumper. CFN takes their sweet time on some of the teams, so you may be waiting another month or so for said info. The team websites are often even later than that. If you don't buy any of the preview mags, you can be in for a long wait. I've done it myself though, so I know what it's like. When I started previewing teams in '05, I had no mags of my own. I don't think I bought any of them until '07 or '08. Even now with all the preview sources we have, it is still hit or miss, because different teams vary widely in terms of when their info is put out. I've found that things tend to change a little between the previews and the actual season, no matter what source you use. Whenever the last starter projections are done, Jack and I will be putting an article together on the season as a whole.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the teams that are yet to be previewed and who said they would preview them.

I know some of you are waiting for depth charts to be put out, so I checked the college football news website and they now have an LSU depth chart up here: http://cfn.scout.com/2/1185617.html

Tulane has the post spring depth chart here: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...to_pdf/2011-12/depth_chart_non_event/2012.pdf

I also checked Miami University's website and they have a list of starters (no 2 deep) posted here: http://www.muredhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26100&ATCLID=205500863

Remember, the faster we get these done, the faster we can a home page article together that people can read before the season starts.

Akron Zips - celticdb15
Tulane Green Wave - dwid

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
Here are the teams that are yet to be previewed and who said they would preview them.

I know some of you are waiting for depth charts to be put out, so I checked the college football news website and they now have an LSU depth chart up here: http://cfn.scout.com/2/1185617.html

Tulane has the post spring depth chart here: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...to_pdf/2011-12/depth_chart_non_event/2012.pdf

I also checked Miami University's website and they have a list of starters (no 2 deep) posted here: http://www.muredhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26100&ATCLID=205500863

Remember, the faster we get these done, the faster we can a home page article together that people can read before the season starts.

Akron Zips - celticdb15
Tulane Green Wave - dwid
thanks for making that easier on me with the links Colonel Reb!

Sorry I haven't gotten them done yet, its been a very busy and depressing couple of weeks (well months but more hectic recently). I will have them soon, hopefully by tommorow.

Last edited:

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
I can't find a UAB 2012 depth chart anywhere online and I've been checking daily, sometimes multiples times a day. If anyone has access to one let me know. Thanks.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Your welcome, dwid!

Vanilla Sky, as I mentioned in an earlier post, CFN takes their sweet time on some of the teams, so you may be waiting another month or so for said info. The team websites are often even later than that. If you don't buy any of the preview mags, you can be in for a long wait. I looked for a UAB depth chart yesterday and didn't see one. My guess is that you'll have to either buy a preview mag or wait another month for UAB to put one out in their media guide.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

The faster we get these done, the faster we can a home page article together that people can read before the season starts.

Thanks for the help!

Akron Zips - celticdb15