2012 NCAA Football Team Write ups

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hey everyone,

It's getting to be that time of year where a good number of us all produce write-ups of all the division 1 teams. Spring practices are over and the two deep depth charts should be out in the next 3 or so weeks. Every year I have been here there have been 5-6 of us at least that have shared these duties. Let's make this the thread where everyone reserves the teams they want to write up.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'll take Michigan St., Nebraska, Washington State, Penn State, Notre Dame, Indiana, Michigan, and Utah for right now. I'll add some more teams as we need to.

Thanks for starting this, Leonardfan, I was about to sometime in the next week or two.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Ill take Wisconsin and Northwestern for sure. I'll help out with some of the more caste teams as well!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
No problem JL. I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes getting the ball rolling with this year's college fb previews.

I would like to take NC State, SMU, Oregon and Miami to start off.

Last edited:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'll take UGA & GA Tech. When will these previews be due (target date)?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'll take UGA & GA Tech. When will these previews be due (target date)?

Dixie, I don't think we have a set date for these previews, as long as they're done before college football season, but nearly all of the previews are done between late May and early to mid July, if that helps some. :)

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Dixie, I don't think we have a set date for these previews, as long as they're done before college football season, but nearly all of the previews are done between late May and early to mid July, if that helps some. :)

What Jack Lambert said. Every year I have helped out everyone does a really good job getting all the teams done by mid-july. I use the Athlon/Phil Steele guides to help in my research. They won't be out for another few weeks. The more volunteers the merrier.

Also - I know when I did some of my postings I got a few comments/complaints about format and what content should be included. Should we all agree upon some sort of format/template to work from to make all the posts as uniform as possible? Just a thought.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Thanks JL. :)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice to see a lot of interest in doing the previews this year! It couldn't come at a better time either, as I am busier than ever. I'm not going to stake a claim to any teams this year, but I'll be happy to do some of the leftovers and unclaimed/forgotten teams a little later on.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
What Jack Lambert said. Every year I have helped out everyone does a really good job getting all the teams done by mid-july. I use the Athlon/Phil Steele guides to help in my research. They won't be out for another few weeks. The more volunteers the merrier.

Also - I know when I did some of my postings I got a few comments/complaints about format and what content should be included. Should we all agree upon some sort of format/template to work from to make all the posts as uniform as possible? Just a thought.

That's a great idea, Leonardfan. I think the best format is something to this:

You talk a little bit about the team, like how good they'll be, past numbers of white starters, etc. I liked the posts which listed the white reserves on the depth chart who could get playing time. I think this shows really how friendly a team is to white players.

So it would go something like this. I'm just winging this to show you guys what I think we should do.

Here are your white starters for the 2012 Utah Utes.
Utah has been fairly consistent to white starters, and it looks to be the same. They've started 10, 9, 8, 10, and 11 whites since 2007(any year could work here). Some reserve whites who'll get playing time are QB Name, LT Name, and so on.

Offense

QB- Jordan Wynn

Defense

NT- Joe Kruger

Would something like this work for everybody?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
J.L.

It looks great to me, I will follow that template for all my write ups. I think showing the 5 year trend is a great idea.

I'll do some of the big 10 and big 12 teams that haven't already been taken, starting with:

Ohio State
Colorado
Kansas State
Kansas
Oklahoma State

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'll do some of the big 10 and big 12 teams that haven't already been taken, starting with:

Ohio State
Colorado
Kansas State
Kansas
Oklahoma State

Welcome to Caste Football Kaiser. Thanks for stepping right up and contributing! :thumb:

Welcome to Caste Football Kaiser. Thanks for stepping right up and contributing! :thumb:

Thank you, but I've been here for awhile. Just never posted much.

I wrote the original Jordy Nelson castefootball post when he was just a sophomore for Kansas State, to let you know how long I've been lurking around.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
A huge thanks to everybody who has been contributing to these previews!! It's awesome to have this much help with them!

We still have a lot of teams to do, but I think we'll hammer them out in the next three weeks! I'll try to put up a list of the unclaimed teams tomorrow.

TwentyTwo

Master
My apologies to Dwid; just saw your post from back in early May.....just did Louisiana Tech...did not mean to hijack one of your teams.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I have completed my first four write ups. I am on board to do more once the update list of available teams is provided.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the teams we still have to finish! I believe I got all of the teams already previewed, but if I missed one, please let me know!! Just claim a team, and I'll put your name beside it so nobody else will accidently preview that team. Colonel, I know you like to do Idaho every year, so I put your name down for them; I hope you don't mind.

Air Force Falcons - celticdb15
Akron Zips - celticdb15
Arkansas State Red Wolves - Jack Lambert
Central Michigan Chippewas - Jack Lambert
Colorado State Rams - claimjumper
Eastern Michigan Eagles - Colonel Reb
Fresno State Bulldogs - Colonel Reb
Houston Cougars - Colonel Reb
Iowa Sate Cyclones - Jack Lambert
Kansas Jayhawks - Kaiser Soze
Kansas State Wildcats - Kaiser Soze
Kent State Golden Flashes - Jack Lambert
Louisiana State Tigers - dwid
Louisville Cardinals - DixieDestroyer
Marshall Thundering Herd
Maryland Terrapins - DixieDestroyer
Massachusetts Minutemen - Jack Lambert
Memphis Tigers - Colonel Reb
Miami University Redhawks - celticdb15
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
New Mexico Lobos
North Texas Mean Green
South Florida Bulls - Vanilla Sky
Syracuse Orange - DixieDestroyer
Temple Owls - Leonardfan
Toledo Rockets - celticdb15
Tulane Green Wave - dwid
UAB Blazers - Vanilla Sky
Wake Forest Demon Deacons - Leonardfan
Western Michigan Broncos - Leonardfan

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jack, Idaho is fine with me. According to what was posted earlier, Kaiser Soze is doing Kansas and Kansas State. Otherwise, it looks like you got them all. I'll take Alabama, Vanderbilt, Florida, New Mexico State, Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Utah State, Florida State, Florida International, Louisiana-Monroe, and Louisiana-Lafayette.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I will take Western Michigan, Wake Forest, Oregon State, UCONN and Temple for my second round of write ups.

Thanks to JL for really keeping tabs on the 2012 write ups. I have been busier than anticipated. I apologize for not being able to do more so far.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Jack, Idaho is fine with me. According to what was posted earlier, Kaiser Soze is doing Kansas and Kansas State. Otherwise, it looks like you got them all. I'll take Alabama, Vanderbilt, Florida, New Mexico State, Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Utah State, Florida State, Florida International, Louisiana-Monroe, and Louisiana-Lafayette.

Thanks Colonel! I've got you down for the teams you requested. I think I'll finish off the Big 10 and take Illinois.

I'll also work on the Big 12 with Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Iowa State.

In addition, I'll help you finish the SEC and preview Arkanasas and Missouri.

I'll also take UMass, UCF, Kent State, and Ball State.

I've got you down for your next teams, Leonardfan! I've also enjoyed your reading previews a lot this year!

Great job on the previews this year everyone! I've enjoyed reading them all.