2012 NBA Playoffs

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Of the 4 remaining Eastern Conference teams, does anyone think any of them will win an NBA Finals series against San Antonio/OKC? Unlikely. While Miami defeated NY (Knicks) in 5 games, they weren't playing good basketball and many in the media admitted this. For example, the struggles of Mario Chalmers. The Miami/Indiana series really hedges on what happens in today's game. Can Miami hinder Roy Hibbert? If Indiana wins this series, will we see more true centers in the NBA? Or, will we still hear that "Dwight Howard-types" are the future (yet, somehow, slug Andrew Bynum is a God according to the MSM.. go figure).

I project Boston to get past Philly, but if they don't, that's fine by me../

Zeus

Guru
From the teams remaining in the play offs which one has the most whites in the roster, so I will know for which team I am rooting for this year. How many whites in the roster?

I really have no idea when it comes to the NBA, I only watch Euroleague, now that's quality basketball. Plus I believe if they did honest and true anti-doping controls in the NBA, 80% of the Negroes would be found being juiced.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Of the 4 remaining Eastern Conference teams, does anyone think any of them will win an NBA Finals series against San Antonio/OKC? Unlikely. While Miami defeated NY (Knicks) in 5 games, they weren't playing good basketball and many in the media admitted this. For example, the struggles of Mario Chalmers. The Miami/Indiana series really hedges on what happens in today's game. Can Miami hinder Roy Hibbert? If Indiana wins this series, will we see more true centers in the NBA? Or, will we still hear that "Dwight Howard-types" are the future (yet, somehow, slug Andrew Bynum is a God according to the MSM.. go figure).

I project Boston to get past Philly, but if they don't, that's fine by me../
Watching the Miami "Defeat" on their way to the golf courses and strip clubs of Miami is one of the few thrills I've had in this years playoffs. I'm not sure the NBA marketing machine is going to rescue Lebron James after another playoff disaster. I think he is going to have an image similar to Bob McAdoo after this year.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
When do the NBA playoffs start? I might try to catch a game this year.

foobar75

Master
I ended my self imposed NBA boycott (did not watch a single game during the regular season) and have caught a few playoff games, mostly the Spurs and Lakers.

The Spurs are a great team and play a superb brand of basketball. The way they run their plays, space the floor, passing, defense, discipline, everything is a step above the rest of the league. They've always had a good number of White players on their roster who are regular contributors on the rotation. Their black players seem to be good citizens and also refrain from the hip-hop/street style so common amongst the rest of the NBA. In some ways, they look like an international team, and they are when you look at the make-up of their roster. I have no problems with Ginobili coming off the bench. It's certainly not a racial thing where the white player is getting screwed. Manu has piled up a lot of mileage and some injuries over the years, so this is a good role for him. He's still a starter for all intents and purposes and will be on the floor at the end when the game is on the line. I'm rooting for this team to win the championship and they look like the clear favorites.

A note on Pau Gasol. He's clearly not the same player he was a couple of years ago, when he was playing at an MVP level. Whether it's the impact of that failed trade, becoming a 3rd option due to Bynum's emergence, or just age slowly catching up, I sense some hesitance and overall lack of aggresiveness from Pau. He's had a few great games, but they come few and far between, unlike 2010 when most people thought he should've been the finals MVP.

It's sad for me to see the big 3 (or 4 if you include Nash) international stars nearing the end of their great careers. Nowitzki, Pau, and Ginobili may have 2-3 more years left, and unfortunately I do not see any fresh White international (or American) talent of the same caliber filling that void. I hope Rubio recovers from his knee injury and becomes a star, and Kevin Love is already there. Pau's younger brother Marc is a top 5 center, but after that, I see nothing, which means I'll continue to boycott this corrupt and racist league.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I've not watched a full Yo.B.A game in years...and am not about to start. I used to play and actively follow hoops, but it's gotten far too ghetto w/ that hip-hop culture mess. I'll watch a tad bit of college ball IF there's a good team w/ 3+ White starters, but that's rare as well.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Remember when the troll -- the one that likes to talk b-ball -- came to CF and was chanting "Al Jefferson Al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum Andrew Bynum!!.. Whitey can't compete against these super-talents at center."

As basketball is a sport that will really expose those that are inferior (and also those that are over-the-hill), let's just say they got majorly, big-time exposed in this postseason. If Bynum (whose also out-of-shape) was White, he would RIGHTFULLY be called a stiff and a defensive liability. And, his offensive game is hardly as advanced as the MSM would have people believe. He is treated as having "magical qualities" that can propel a team just like:

Jameer Nelson (ORL)
Devin Harris (UTAH)
Ramon Sessions (LAL)
Matt Barnes (LAL)
Shane Battier (MIA)
Udonis Haslem (MIA)
Jrue Holiday (PHI)
DeAndre Jordan (LAC)
Mike Conley Jr. (MEM)
Gilbert Arenas (MEM)
Baron Davis (NYK)
Mike Bibby (NYK)

This list of players -- that are/were in this year's postseason -- could be a little longer, for sure, but it gets the point across without adding clutter. In basketball, those that are lacking (or over-the-hill) get exposed. Just ask Kobe and Bynum... I thought the Lakers' "couldn't lose" with them healthy? And, they lost 4 games to 1, which offers no consolation.

Claimjumper

Mentor
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Authorities say eight people are hurt after shots rang out in Oklahoma City as thousands of people left the NBA playoff game between the Thunder and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Emergency Medical Services Authority spokeswoman Lara O'Leary says seven people were taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds after the melee Monday night. She says a pregnant woman was also taken to the hospital after she was assaulted in the scuffle.
O'Leary says the pregnant woman and six of the gunshot victims are in good condition Tuesday morning. One person is in critical condition.
Capt. Dexter Nelson said some scuffles broke out in a crowd of people walking east toward the Bricktown district, a popular nightlife area.
"Some girls got into it with a group of guys, and the guys opened fire on the women," Nelson said.
He said the shooting occurred at 11:35 p.m.
Nelson said earlier reports of two suspects being arrested were not accurate. He said police stopped one vehicle near the incident and had detained and questioned the occupants. However, he said it was unclear how or even if the vehicle's occupants were involved in the shooting.
Nelson said the investigation was ongoing.
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...ollowing-oklahoma-city-thunder-game-8-injured

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Claimjumper

Mentor
if anyone is up for a good laugh, I just read somewhere that the Orlando Magic are going to be interviewing Shaq for their open GM spot

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Miami closed out Indiana, and will play the winner of the Game 7 between Boston/Philly. D-Wade had 41 points and 10 rebounds. Mike Miller had 12 points, 4-7 from 3 pt. range.

Previously, I thought continued injuries could derail D-Wade's career, but it hasn't happened yet. He's still elite and still gives his all on the court.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As Barkley likes to say......Ginobli. Manu was incredible tonight scoring 26 points off the bench to lead the Spurs to a blow out win in game one of the Western Conf. Finals. The Spurs are so unselfish and they play like most international teams. They just break you down one piece at a time like a chess match! What a big win. Ginobli is amazing. The way he continues to play at his age along with Tim Duncan. They are fun to watch and Splittler along with Bonner make them a fun team to root for. Go Spurs. Time to win title number five hopefully.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Nice Game 2 win for San Antonio, thus maintaining their home-court advantage. Manu had 20 points and 4 assists. Now it's time for San Antonio to win one of the next two games at OKC.

Because, honestly, I don't see San Antonio sweeping OKC. For one thing, there are games where Durant/Westbrook get a ridiculous amount of free-throws, and that could happen in the next two games while OKC is at home.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Danger time for San Antonio? It would be easy to say that - "Sefolosha had the game of his life in Game 3 and Ibaka had the same in Game 4.. and it won't be repeated.." But, look at how San Antonio is built. Behind an aging Tim Duncan at F/C, San Antonio lacks quality depth.

That puts almost all the pressure on Tony Parker and Manu. In the past, I have seriously questioned Parker's "clutch gene." In Game 4, both Parker (5-15 FG) and Manu (6 turnovers) faltered and San Antonio loses. And, if San Antonio isn't going to play defense in this series, they are going to have to SCORE a whole bunch of points. Right now, I'm afraid that Scott Brooks has Popovich pinned to the ground.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Really the best thing we can do is boycott basketball all together. I haven't watched one game all year and I feel better for it.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Really the best thing we can do is boycott basketball all together. I haven't watched one game all year and I feel better for it.
You mean they're still playing basketball?? I have done my best to ignore the Negro Basketball Association this year. When the best that can be done is to root for a token white player or two, I'd rather not bother. The league is the equivalent of the NFL just having nothing but Pittsburghs and Tampa Bays.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Agreed, and this is coming from a guy who used to be a big NBA fan. Now the only games (partial) I "watched" this year were the ones that were on one of the common TVs at the gym. However, I still do enjoy watching White athletes and White friendly programs at the college level.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In mere hours, the big game will begin. My final notes before this game:

--I feel that San Antonio relies too heavily on the 3-ball. I don't like that strategy. During the regular season, it's easy for the media to heap praise on Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard (yes, he had a good rookie season) and Danny Green, but the question has always been, how would they perform under the greatest of pressure? Against OKC - their biggest rival - for a trip to the NBA Finals?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Please explain to me again how Tony Parker is some kind of "machine"...? The guy is egotistical and yet can't back it up. He's SOFT and clumsy.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite the loss, Ginobli is the mvp of the series. Right up their with Durant as far as how important he is to the Spurs. That loss last night was a tough one to swallow. Maybe they can find a way to bounce back in game six. I also agree that Parker has been average at best in this series. Especially when the game is on the line.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I also agree that Parker has been average at best in this series. Especially when the game is on the line.

Exactly! In Game 6, Parker had a good 1st half, but only 8 points and 2 assists in the 2nd half. Tony Parker was also a huge liability against the athletic Russell Westbrook. Under the tutelage of (veteran) Derek Fisher, Westbrook is now sharing the ball also. That was pivotal.

In today's NBA, OKC is classified as a big team which is "supposedly a bad thing".. but can anyone see a small Boston or Miami team winning a best-of-7 against OKC? Unless there's a massive pro-Doc or pro-Lebron "ref conspiracy" -- that is an extremely unlikely occurrence.

TrackFan

Banned
Very dark Finals with not much to root for. We're just an afterthought.

Playoff Totals:

Miami

Mike Miller - 18 minutes per game average, 4.9 ppg

Oklahoma City

Cole Aldrich - 5 minutes per game, 2.0 ppg
Nick Collison - 16.6 minutes per game, 3.4 ppg

Of course the DWF's don't care. LeBrown & Co scored the highest ratings are BSPN history.. quadruple those of the NHL Finals on NBC. :doh:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
^^^

Most of the White stars are in the Western Conference, which has increasingly made for good regular season games. There was no "White team" in the Eastern Conference, and I don't care for Orlando's Turkoglu and don't consider him White.

That Erik Spoelstra ousted Magic Doc in the Eastern Conference Finals -- with his back to the wall no less -- is not bothersome to me. Lebron was certainly sensational in Game 6, a game that I watched live and he hit tough shot after tough shot. Again, to see Boston, up 3-2 in the series, lose a close-out game at home infront of their immature and thuggish fans -- and with Magic Doc at the helm -- was A-OK by me. Erik Spoelstra is ethnic, but he's not black, and, around the web, ESPN isn't called the "Blake Griffin/Doc Rivers network" for nothing...

I personally don't know anyone that wanted to see Boston in the Finals. OKC would have absolutely toyed with that tired team.

bigunreal

Mentor
I don't know how anyone who regularly posts at this site can tolerate the present NBA. The level of play is incomprehensibly bad. I've coached eight year old girls who can shoot the ball better than these magical affletes.

I don't pay much attention to these rosters. I see that Cole Aldrich is getting a few minutes of play per game, backing up a slew of affirmative action employees I've never heard of. Wasn't he a star in college just a few years ago? Yet another dominating college white player marginalized by this odious, criminal league. Oh, well, at least he's luckier than Adam Morrison, Joe Alexander, Kyle Singler and countless other unemployed white basketball players who are more talented than 90% of these awkward, multi-millionaire thugs.

I hope the ratings for the finals are record lows, but it wouldn't matter if they were. They'd just lie and claim a record number were tuning in to watch this thrilling "sport."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Very dark Finals with not much to root for. We're just an afterthought.
Playoff Totals:
Miami
Mike Miller - 18 minutes per game average, 4.9 ppg
Oklahoma City
Cole Aldrich - 5 minutes per game, 2.0 ppg
Nick Collison - 16.6 minutes per game, 3.4 ppg

Of course the DWF's don't care. LeBrown & Co scored the highest ratings are BSPN history.. quadruple those of the NHL Finals on NBC. :doh:

The NBA had a great match up in a game 7 that could be hyped with BSPN's favorite afalettes, the NHL had a game five in what looks like a romp for one of the teams. I was at a bar and the majority of TV's and attention was on the hockey game which finished in time for people to watch the only part of a NBA game even remotely worth watching--the final 2 minutes, which in this case weren't worth watching either.

I never watch the NBA except in rare cases and this final won't be one of them. I can't see very good ratings for a series with Oklahoma City in it but BSPN dodged a Boston-Oklahoma City final which would have really stunk. A lot of the attention on thiese games is based on Lebron James hate, hardly the stuff to build a fan base.