2010 week 5

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
49er fans are really coming down hard onAlex Smith. Boos and chants saying "we want Carr" have been going on for the last couple drives. I feel for the kid. He's on a sh*tty offense with an even sh*ttier head coach. I really can't stand Singletary for chewing out Smith so bad, when Smith is literally surrounded by no capable receivers and a make shift o-line. Mmhmhm lets blame the "bust"

Borussia

Guru
Yes, Candlestick in loud chorus of 'we want Carr!'.
Well, at least the 2nd string QB they want is not a great black afflete.

Smith is not having the best night either. Unfortunately, the QB gets blamed in these situations.
Never a great fit for Smith with SF.

Singletary should be gone by Halloween the way this season going. He deserves to be canned too. He's lost.

Which one of these teams have more White contributors? Is Chad Hall activated by fat slob Reid? Wow, that's amazing.

Go Eagles. I guess.

DWFan

Mentor
GWTJ said:
I notice the 49er's aren't wearing any pink tonight. Only the Eagles players are. Interesting. I figured it was a league wide requirement.

Queer that the Franciscos aren't wearing pink...we need an awareness campaign.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Smith was giving it right back to Singeltary, they just did not show that when they showed replays of Singeltary yelling at him. Nice drive by Smith to get the TD.

Kaptain

Master
Per the Colts stats posted above:

And isn't it odd how everytime a team like this forces the ball to their affroletes the offense sputters? The same thing happens when NE used to force the ball to Moss. They've got to get there touches especially when being shown-up by a white teammate. For this reason I predict the New England offense will take off like a juggernaut the rest of the season. Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Borussia

Guru
Awful play by 49ers OL all around, as well as dumb play calling. This game will be the nail in Singletary's coffin. He's toast.

Kaptain Poop said:
Per the Colts stats posted above:

And isn't it odd how everytime a team like this forces the ball to their affroletes the offense sputters? The same thing happens when NE used to force the ball to Moss. They've got to get there touches especially when being shown-up by a white teammate. For this reason I predict the New England offense will take off like a juggernaut the rest of the season.

Sorry bout that, Kaptain. Copy and pasted it from ESPN...The past 2 weekswe've had a big offensive performance by at least 1 offensive player (Hillis and Collie, then Hillisagain). It didnt really happen for us this week, but then I was thinking...tomorrow...Monday Night Football...Peterson injury prone....TOBY?!?! My fingers are crossed, the stars have been aligned lately!!!

Tom Iron

Mentor
I'm very impressed that Hillis didn't sit the game out. He certainly wasn't up to par, but played well anyway. Another td for him as well.
Fughettabout the fumble, things happen.

From what I see of the stats this early in the morning, White players had good games overall. Even SD gave Hester a carry. Maybe the worm is turning wiyh tyhe chargers.

Tom Iron...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
One of the funniest things I saw was Ladell Betts coughing it up for New Orleans, and Arizona recovering it and taking it in for the TD... Why the hell is this nothing-special "journeyman" still in the league?

More disgraceful "recycling"... And Mike Hart gets to run the ball, but not Jacob Hester?
smiley21.gif

snow

Mentor
The Saints should have started Heath Evans since Bush and Thomas are out. The Patriots did it when they had injuries. Betts looked like a lineman out there, except he didn't have much power.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
And how could I forget... the "great" Beanie Wells had 20 carries for a magnificent 35 yards. Superior-DNA, for sure, and he has that contorted Terrell Suggs "look"..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12525

Is he the most OVERRATED college player of ALL-TIME? It says he was the 31st pick in the 1st Round... I wonder what Toby Gerhart could do with 20 carries?
smiley7.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
And how could I forget... the "great" Beanie Wells had 20 carries for a magnificent 35 yards. Superior-DNA, for sure, and he has that contorted Terrell Suggs "look"..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12525

Is he the most OVERRATED college player of ALL-TIME? It says he was the 31st pick in the 1st Round... I wonder what Toby Gerhart could do with 20 carries?
smiley7.gif

And Rotoworld predicts he will impress this season.
smiley36.gif

Toby Gerhart is healthy and in the lineup for tonight's game.
smiley1.gif

After tonight we will have a much better idea of Gerhart's role on the team.

Tom Iron

Mentor
What a bunch of malarkey - delaying the game for a bit of rain. Just more[no can do]idiocy.

Tom Iron...

Tom Iron said:
What a bunch of malarkey - delaying the game for a bit of rain. Just more[no can do]idiocy.

Tom Iron...
EDIT: Double post...Edited by: TorontoArgos

Tom Iron said:

Tom Iron...
Delaying a football game for rain is lunacy. The only time it should be delayed is if there is a risk of danger from lightning, which there may have been tonight.

The announcers were just talking about how the Vikings were looking for a replacement for Chester Taylor as a 3rd down back. They said this was a weakness for the team, yet no mention of Gerhart!

He was a 2nd round draft pick, for Christ sake! Why would they have used a 2nd round pick on him if they don't even have confidence in him as the 3rd down back?

Kaptain

Master
Albert Young was in on third down instead of Toby and promptly failed to pick-up the blitzer resulting in a sack.

qj

Guru
The kids have commandeered the Tele. Has Adrian Peterson been deified X3 by the CMC's (Caste Media Clowns) yet?

snow

Mentor
Its not like Gerhart isn't familiar with pass protection. They ran a pro style offense at Stanford and for most passing plays he stayed in and blocked. Yes things are a little more complicated in the NFL as far as protection schemes and defensive looks, but Gerhart is a bright guy. In preseason, I can only recall one time when he failed to pick up the blitz, the rest of the time he did a good job.
Edited by: snow

Saw Gerhart on the field twice during the fourth carter, once on a play-action and then he dropped an undefended pass right on the numbers.

Gerhart really needs a big time moment, because we know he has will probably have a short leash. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that with the success of other white players, that Toby will finally step up when he gets his chance.