2010 Stanford Cardinal

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Toby, Toby, Toby! I think that sums up last years Stanford team
smiley4.gif
. I think I speak for many posters when I say that last years Stanford team was about as good as a feel good story that castefootballers could expect. This year talented Andrew Luck will be the main focus of the offense and I am really excited for him to be throwing the ball to the talented and ripped wideout Ryan Whalen! Look for Tyler Gaffney to establish himself, he'll start out as a backup but is way to good to stay there for long.Stanford will line up out of a 3-4 allignment. Marecic is slated to start at one of the MLB positions so it looks like he will be a two way player this year! Stanford looks to start 14 whites, could be 15 depending on who wins the RT job.<div>Offense</div>
<div>QB- Andrew Luck* Stud</div>
<div>FB- Owen Marecic (6'1 243)</div>
<div>WR- Ryan Whalen (6'2 207)</div>
<div>TE- Colby Fleener (6'6 240) *Konrad Reuland will also see reps</div>
<div>G- Andrew Phillips (6'5 306)</div>
<div>C- Chase Beeler (6'3 277)</div>
<div>G- David DeCastro (6'5 313)</div>
<div>
</div>
<div></div>DE- Brian Bulcke He's 6'4 285 and
was the 6th overall pick in the CFL draft last year. He could be an Aaron Smith clone. Pronounced "Bulky"
<div>DE\OLB- Thomas Keiser (6'5 250) </div>
<div>OLB- Chase Thomas (6'4 235)</div>
<div>OLB-Alex Debniak(6'2 232)</div>
<div>MLB- Owen Marecic (6'1 243) and Mulatto Shayne Skov will start on the insidewhile in 3-4</div>
<div>FS-Taylor Skaufel (6'0 196)</div>
<div>*Both Keiser and Thomas will play OLB at times in the 3-4, and will line up at end at times as well.</div>
<div>
</div>
<div></div>Edited by: celticdb15

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Celtic, do you know if Konrad's brother Warren Reuland will see any time at WR this year?

Only four whites on defense for Stanford? Hopefully we'll see that number increase a little bit this year.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jack the website I checked had Warren mentioned in Stanford's top 4 WRs so he should see the field some this year, especially if you factor in injuries.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i posted this in the Stanford 2009 thread on Thursday, but 2 things seem apparent. 1) this thread is a better fit, and 2) you guys missed it.
smiley2.gif

the news coming out of The Farm is that Tyler Gaffney is expected to emerge as the #1 tailback in 2010. but, while Gaffney is dominatingbehind the plateand in the outfieldfor the Stanford baseball team ...

TylerGaffneybaseball.jpg

Gaffney is batting .336 and has not committed an error ...

it is a perhaps surprising name that hascome out ofspring camp for the Cardinal football team as a potential playmaker at running back. several black backs have failed to spearate themselves from the pack, and a phenomenal athlete was caught up in a numbers game at linebacker ... may i introduce you to Alex Debniak.

AlexDebniak.jpg

Debniak provides a Gerhart-like blend of imposing size and speed (currently tipping the scale at233, Alex ran a 4.43-40 coming out of high school) that the other potential candidates lack. in high school, as you can surmise, Debniak was a dominant running back (and linebacker) before making the move to full-time defense when he signed with Stanford. perhaps, though, that move was premature ...

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8bnjL0HMas[/tube]

backrow

Hall of Famer
hmm, i really like his highlight reel, Jimmy!

from his bio at Stanford website:

is also one of a handful of players who possibly could see action on both sides of the ball this season...worked out at running back during the spring and opened eyes by gaining 91 yards on four carries during the Cardinal and White Spring Game.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Anyone who is 235 lbs and runs a 4.40 something should seriously consider switching positions and focus on carrying the rock soley!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I think that there was a mistake on Debniak's bio. I looked at the game play-by-play and he gained 21 yards on 4 carries, not 91. He had an 8 yard carry off-tackle, a 2 yarder up the middle on third-and-short, a 5 yarder and a 6 yarder (both up the middle).

backrow

Hall of Famer
91 yard performance was actually last year, FootballDad. but then they still had Toby so there was no need for Alex to play RB. however, this season is a different story. i can see a combo of Gaffney and Debniak!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
From his days on Rivals, I knew that Shayne Skov was either Jewish or black or a combination of the two. I've seen Jews that look like what he looked like in a few of the Rivals pictures.

TJR also suspected non-White ancestry. He must have a good "eye-test" as well!
smiley2.gif

This is probably his brother or something:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Patrick-Skov-93678;_ylt=AiCq8NbjxAedFUzKSHroxv1HPZB4

187368.jpg

The next Clark Kent, no doubt... I'm not kidding...

EDIT: I'm not saying that any of them have Jewish ancestry. I have no interest in researching that. For Shayne, the combination of attending a NY school, his dusky skin and thick hair, plus the name Skov (which sounds East Euro to me, and many Jews have come from there), put the possibility of Jewish ancestry into the equation. So, there, that's more info to clarify what I was referring to.

Edited by: Deadlift

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
And I wanted to say... didn't two (White) Stanford defenders get screwed in this past NFL Draft? Bo McNally and Clinton Snyder.

I know at least one of them had the injury bug in college, but they were beasts when healthy. According to this list, they aren't currently even on teams.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players?college=50

Did they quit football or something?

EDIT: Check this before it's gone...

293 tackles and 10 picks:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=176292

296 tackles, 14 sacks and 7 FFs

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=176297

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I've found a couple projected Stanford depth charts, and it looks like James McGillicuddy is in a position battle with Derek Hall (black) at RT.

TwentyTwo

Master
It's a shame Clinton Snyder could not stay heathy; he had a season ending knee injury in November...maybe he could sign as a free-agent?? After his soph. season he looked like a play-maker waiting to be drafted in the early rounds....

Bo McNally signed as an undrafted free-agent with the Redskins.

Thanks for the head's up Jimmy C w/ Drebniak...will look for him this season! Plays like an absolute stud on that film!!

I can remember when John Lynch(one of my fav DB's of all time)was playing baseball and stuck at 3rd string QB...Bill Walsh said this dude is "crazy mean &amp; athletic, why not give him a shot at DB"...the rest is history..saying he would be another Ronnie Lott.Edited by: TwentyTwo

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Skov has a White father and a black mother. he's a heck of a player, nonetheless.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
* I edited and added a few new things. It will be interesting to see how this Stanford defense shapes up. They have a lot of depth in their front 7. They have 2 poly's slated to start on the D\line(no affletes in their front 7)

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Looks like FS Skaufel was not able to hold onto the starting job.. Nonetheless, Stanford still starts 13 whites, but for some reason, two black Tackles on the OL..

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Some good news...

Stanford loses starting TE to ACL tear

Posted by John Taylor on September 7, 2010 6:46 PM ET

Levine Toilolo spent last year on the Stanford sidelines thanks in large part to a leg injury and ultimately burned his redshirt year, but worked his way back this offseason and was named the starting tight end for the Cardinal's season opener.

Unfortunately for the 6-8 redshirt freshman, his 2010 season will consist of just two more snaps than did his 2009 season.

Head coach Jim Harbaugh announced Tuesday afternoon that Toilolo suffered a torn ACL in the win over Sacramento State and will miss the remainder of the season. Toilolo incurred the injury on the second play from scrimmage

Quarterback Andrew Luck and his head coach used words such as "sucks" and "sickens" to describe the teams state of mind after learning of the severity of the injury.

"It sucks," Luck said. "My heart goes out to him. He is such a good kid."

"It just sickens me for the youngster," Harbaugh said. "His attitude right now is 'that is football, I'll be back.' I wanted to reach over and give him a big hug when he said that. I know how tough it is. ...

"It is really unfortunate. He had prepared himself so well over the last 12 months that he was here.

Konrad Reuland or Coby Fleener will likely take over for Toilolo in the starting lineup.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/07/stanford-loses-starting-te-to-acl-tear

Harbaugh needs to re-attach his nards.. No one at CF had mentioned that a Poly was starting at Tight End. Harbaugh needs to stop pandering to non-Whites.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That's a problem with a ton of white coaches, they'll use a lot of white players to get a team back onto the national stage, then of course, they "get with the program." Which means they start recruiting more blacks, and basically no whites at caste positions.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Deadlift, why is the above- "good news"? What has this Toilolo done to deserve this? I hear you on you're dislike for Terrell Pryor- he's a punk, but I think in this case we should just be happy for the two white backup TEs who will get a chance to play and feel bad for Toilolo. I'm guessing Toilolo is a decent fellow if he goes to Stanford- Stanford is one of the most disciplined and fairest teams in the FBS.

The one thing that is nauseating about Stanford this year- is that they didn't go out and sign 2 or 3 more under the radar white RBs after what Gerhart did for them. Nile Knapp would have been a GREAT find for them! They seem fair at most every other position other than CB.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I suspect that Toilolo wasn't just getting a "token" start against Sacramento State of the FCS.

Coby Fleener and Konrad Reuland are both Seniors, so one of them should have been starting.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I hear you, you're probably right on Fleener and Reuland getting an unfair shaft. I just think saying good news "for Fleener and Reuland" is a better way of putting it.

I did go further than I ever have last year by saying that I wouldn't mind seeing Knowshon get a high ankle sprain so Hillis could get a chance again. I was EXTREMELY pissed, but I made sure not to hope for a permanent injury like an ACL. The Hillis situation was the most ridiculous thing possible- with how Moreno was performing and how AMAZING Hillis performed the year before. Hillis CLEARLY earned the right to be the starter. Hillis actually got hurt WORSE than a high ankle sprang- with his torn hamstring playing too reckless knowing he could be replaced at any time in 2008. And Hillis is way underpaid to top it off, so of course I would feel worse for his situation than Moreno's "fictional high ankle sprang" lol.

guest301

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I hear you, you're probably right on Fleener and Reuland getting an unfair shaft. I just think saying good news "for Fleener and Reuland" is a better way of putting it.

I did go further than I ever have last year by saying that I wouldn't mind seeing Knowshon get a high ankle sprain so Hillis could get a chance again. I was EXTREMELY pissed, but I made sure not to hope for a permanent injury like an ACL. The Hillis situation was the most ridiculous thing possible- with how Moreno was performing and how AMAZING Hillis performed the year before. Hillis CLEARLY earned the right to be the starter. Hillis actually got hurt WORSE than a high ankle sprang- with his torn hamstring playing too reckless knowing he could be replaced at any time in 2008. And Hillis is way underpaid to top it off, so of course I would feel worse for his situation than Moreno's "fictional high ankle sprang" lol.

I am 100% sympatico with you ToughJ on not rooting for people to get seriously injured just so white athletes will get a fair shake. I don't want to get so lost in the CF cause that I lose myself in the process. That being said, a few ankle sprains here and there that clears the way for a deserving white athlete doesn't exactly upset me.
smiley2.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
I am 100% sympatico with you ToughJ on not rooting for people to get seriously injured just so white athletes will get a fair shake. I don't want to get so lost in the CF cause that I lose myself in the process. That being said, a few ankle sprains here and there that clears the way for a deserving white athlete doesn't exactly upset me.
smiley2.gif

What freakin' difference does it make if you "root" for someone to get hurt? Do you think you have that kind of pull with the Big Man that it will actually come true? C'mon get real. I hope every black athlete that starts in front of a white one gets injured, I hope their legs break off at the knee, I hope a bulldozer runs over their feet and crushes them, I hope a meteor streaks out of the sky and incinerates them. Geez are you guys serious? The whole system is set up to screw white guys over and over and you're worried about seen as poor sportsmen for wanting something to happen you have no control over?