2010 Ole Miss Rebels

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The not "Ole" not "Rebels" have a wannabe black male for a coach in Houston Nutt. New Miss has been one of the worst caste programs since '05, starting 2, 3, 4, 3, and 4 Whites. This season will not be an exception. White backups include FB H.R. Greer, C Evan Swindall, LG Chris Gill, RG Michael Brown, RT Logan Clair. There are no Whites listed on the defensive 2 deep depth chart.

Offense
QB Nathan Stanley-splitting time
LT Bradley Sowell
LG Josh Tatum

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks, Van! Its fun research and it may help make a difference to some White athletes out there.

TwentyTwo

Master
It's truly PATHETIC at Ole Miss; as well as Georgia have not started a white defensive player in a few years...So Carolina almost as bad...Florida, Auburn& LSUstarted coal-black defenses for at least 1/2 of lastseason...

The fact that Ole Missno white-players on the "2 deep" depth chart for defense is hard to stomach,,, & scanning their entire rosterto see NO WHITEFull Scholarship"players on defense...all I see is just walk-ons; or prefered walk-ons...in 07' DB Colby Arceneaux(from LA)was signed; but transfered 1AA NW La; in 08' DB Hunter Miller(Ark) signed...but now is no where to be found....

This years class(10') they signed Safety Brishen Matthews 6'-1 190 (4.5)...I think they give him a legit shot...He was very dangerous on offense in HS! I respect a player like Matthews for going against the grain; instead of saying "it's no use"...I think it definetly worth a shot! I can hope he makes a impact as a starter before his college career is over. He's the only white player on full scholarship...CRAZY!

None of these player mentioned above are from the state of Mississippi...I realize it's the blackest state but geez! I see why you call em' New Miss...LSU Tigers fans call em' Ole Myth & somethingelseI can't repeat here on CF.Edited by: TwentyTwo

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
TwentyTwo, that is some enlightening and even more depressing news about the school in Oxford. Not a single White Mississippi scholarship athlete, when in the late 60s, all the players were White, and most of the starting offense was from the Delta. Only a handful of out of state players back then. Yes, there are many apt names that different folks call them. Yet most DWFs of the Newniversity of Mississippi believe they have "a bunch" of White kids on offense. They want to argue the numbers I give them but they can't. Most, even though they prefer Whites playing over blacks, won't break away from "their" team even when they are over 90% black. They like to go get loud and drunk in the Grove too much, I reckon.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yeah whiteathlete...they do & they are BOTH walk-on's or in Tarpley's case a prefered walk-on(90% of these are white; bec you know; white people have lots of $$; no need to waste a scholly)..BTW niether is from Mississippi...Tarpley's was imported from Minnesota.

*Other walk-on's that hope to become the glorious WSTR (white special team's Rudy; nearly every SEC Team has them) DB-Nick Lanciault from VA.... http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12787&SPID=737&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=3705323&Q_SEASON=2010
And CB-Kyle Horine TX....
http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12787&SPID=737&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=3705318&Q_SEASON=2010

The last White D-Lineman I could find that was recruited was in 04'...DE-Chris Bowers from Louisiana...same HS as Jacob Hester. Guess they were so enamoredwith Patrick Willis03'...they have not botheredrecruiting a white LBer since...ouuch!

Yeah Colonel Reb...even some of the semi-knowlegable football fans have not yet realized how out-of-hand it has gotten in the SEC! And others like my Dad says it's hard to watch what looks like Grambling vs Southern. I have been following the demograhics of the SEC since the early 80's when I was a little kid...it has always mattered to me...found it natural to count white's/black's on the football field on TV/or magazines...and even more so with the skill/caste positions..and it's not about being racist.

white wr

Ive met Brishen mathews at manning passing academy and he runs a 4.43 hes a beast and i think he will have no problem getting a starting spot on this team

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
white wr, welcome to Caste Football and I hope you are right about Brishen. Its been far too long since there were White starting DBs at NM. Two of the first three Chucky Mullins Courage Award winners were White DBs. No winners since have been White.

white wr

thanks colonel reb i used to have an acount as white wide reciever #82 but couldnt get a new password. And like i said ive met Brishen he is a ball hawk and reminds me of troy polamalu

TwentyTwo

Master
I think Brishen is talented enough for offense(in aMcCluster-type role)...but since Ole Miss has no other white scholarship players ondefense...it is just as well.

Ole Myth to a "new-low"?? They are desperate enough to take ex-Oregon thug QB Jeremiah Masoli...into their graduation program...after all it's all about "winning"

Masoli Admitted to Ole Miss Graduate School
Former Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli is one step closer to becoming Ole Miss' next signal caller. After sending his release papers to the school on July 26th, Masoli has been admitted to one of the school's graduate programs, according to the Sporting News.

<DIV =entry->

Masoli was dismissed from Oregon following his guilty plea in March to a second-degree burglary charge for stealing laptops from a campus fraternity house, as well as being pulled over with marijuana in June. Masoli, however, is eligible to play next season after the NCAA ruled that he would not have to sit out the customary transfer year, as long as he enrolled in a graduate program not offered by Oregon. Masoli has one season of college eligibility remaining.

Masoli is attractive to Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt due to the Rebel's depleted quarterback depth. Last year's starter Jevan Snead made an ill-advised decision to declare for the NFL Draft, while likely backup redshirt freshman Raymond Cotton left the team a few weeks ago due to worries about his place on the depth chart. Masoli would almost certainly step right in as the starter for Ole Miss in a marriage of convenience for both sides.

Still, Ole Miss has a few more hurdles to clear. They need the NCAA to waive the one-year residency requirement for Masoli, which is likely to be approved given that the NCAA already ruled Masoli does not have to sit out a year to transfer.
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/29/1594273/jeremiah-masoli-admitted-to-ole

white wr

TwentyTwo said:
I think Brishen is talented enough for offense(in aMcCluster-type role)...but since Ole Miss has no other white scholarship players ondefense...it is just as well.

Ole Myth to a "new-low"?? They are desperate enough to take ex-Oregon thug QB Jeremiah Masoli...into their graduation program...after all it's all about "winning"

Masoli Admitted to Ole Miss Graduate School
Former Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli is one step closer to becoming Ole Miss' next signal caller. After sending his release papers to the school on July 26th, Masoli has been admitted to one of the school's graduate programs, according to the Sporting News.

<DIV ="entry-">

Masoli was dismissed from Oregon following his guilty plea in March to a second-degree burglary charge for stealing laptops from a campus fraternity house, as well as being pulled over with marijuana in June. Masoli, however, is eligible to play next season after the NCAA ruled that he would not have to sit out the customary transfer year, as long as he enrolled in a graduate program not offered by Oregon. Masoli has one season of college eligibility remaining.

Masoli is attractive to Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt due to the Rebel's depleted quarterback depth. Last year's starter Jevan Snead made an ill-advised decision to declare for the NFL Draft, while likely backup redshirt freshman Raymond Cotton left the team a few weeks ago due to worries about his place on the depth chart. Masoli would almost certainly step right in as the starter for Ole Miss in a marriage of convenience for both sides.

Still, Ole Miss has a few more hurdles to clear. They need the NCAA to waive the one-year residency requirement for Masoli, which is likely to be approved given that the NCAA already ruled Masoli does not have to sit out a year to transfer.
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/29/1594273/jeremiah-masoli-admitted-to-ole
back to Brishen he is good enough for offense but since he admitted to me he doesnt like offense its probably never gona happen.Thistime itsnothing about skin color

Highlander

Mentor
TwentyTwo said:
<div>Masoli Admitted to Ole Miss Graduate School</div>
<div>Former Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli is one step closer to becoming Ole Miss' next signal caller. After sending his release papers</font> to the school on July 26th, Masoli has been admitted to one of the school's graduate programs, according to the Sporting News</font>.</div>
Herbstreit will sleep well tonight. He now gets a chance to see his boyfriend in action again...this time in his beloved SEC!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Looks like the "New Miss Conformists" officially on-boarded thug Masoli...

Finally, Jeremiah Masoli is a Rebel

By Matt Hinton

The Wild Samoan it is then: As expected prior to his campus visit this weekend, embattled Oregon outcast Jeremiah Masoli is officially packing his bags for Oxford, Miss., for his final season of eligibility, according to Sports Illustrated's Andy Staples:

... Rebels coach Houston Nutt offered Masoli a place on the team, which is down to two scholarship quarterbacks after backup Raymond Cotton decided earlier this month to transfer. Masoli, from Daly City, Calif., will be a walk-on because the Rebels already have reached the NCAA's 85-scholarship limit.
[...]
"I'm excited to get another chance," Masoli said on Sunday. "I'm so grateful and thankful."

Nutt said Sunday that Masoli initially made contact with Ole Miss when Cotton was still on the roster. With three scholarship quarterbacks in hand, Nutt told Masoli the Rebels didn't have room for another one. When Cotton left, Nutt reconsidered the possibility. ... "I felt like he needed us a whole lot more than we needed him," Nutt said. "He'll be under the highest of scrutiny."

Masoli enthusiastically confirmed the transfer on his personal website, despite his admitted qualms with the all-consuming Mississippi heat. (A tip from a native, Jeremiah: You'll never "get used to it." Hot is hot.) He'll be eligible to play immediately this season under an NCAA waiver for graduate students: After earning an undergraduate degree in sociology from Oregon earlier this month, Masoli plans to enroll in Ole Miss' graduate Parks and Recreation program, apparently in hopes of becoming the next Ron Swanson.

Insert hand-wringing over the pair of offseason arrests that got Masoli booted from Oregon here. Off the field, Masoli seems smart enough to know he's down to his last chance. On the field, the Rebels are still getting a veteran, former All-Pac-10 quarterback who led his team to at least 37 points in eight of nine Pac-10 games last year, its first outright conference championship since 2001 and its first Rose Bowl since 1995. He led the Ducks' historic humiliation of USC with 386 total yards and two touchdowns on Halloween night. SEC partisans will take great glee in warning "You're gonna get hit now, boy," but based on his career to date, Masoli is immediately the most accomplished signal-caller in the conference going into the season.

Whether that amounts to similar success in Oxford â€" or even an automatic ascension to the starting job in an entirely new offense, on short notice â€" is the next big question. The zone read and spread option sets Masoli rode to stardom at Oregon are a far cry from the more conventional, pro-style sets Ole Miss has run the last two years with pocket-bound slinger Jevan Snead under center (literally under center most of the time, whereas Masoli has worked almost exclusively from the shotgun), and expected to run again this year with new starter Nathan Stanley. Either Masoli â€" always known more for his legs than his competent-yet-uninspiring arm â€" will try to adjust to his new surroundings, or Houston Nutt will dust off the old Matt Jones playbook from his days at Arkansas to take advantage of Masoli's wheels and comfort zone. Probably a little of both.

But even if Nutt is right that Masoli needed Ole Miss more than Ole Miss needed Masoli, he must still be doing crazy-eyed cartwheels over the acquisition: When a team picked to finish dead last in its division gets a nearly unprecedented chance to upgrade a red-siren position at the last minute, it's not really a decision. If Ole Miss didn't get better today, it certainly got a lot more interesting.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Finally-Jeremiah-Masoli-is-a-Rebel?urn=ncaaf-259527

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
With Houston "Black" Nutt "Hugger" as coach, expect Stanley to get pulled the moment he screws up.... I hate New Piss!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
With Houston "Black" Nutt "Hugger" as coach, expect Stanley to get pulled the moment he screws up.... I hate New Piss!

My sentiments exactly.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i was sent a column via email today that points out the blatant problems with the situation. thug quarterback has Nutt(hugger) blowing smoke.
while the author misses some detail on the crimes of Masoli (he pled guilty to felony burglary not misdemeanor, it was a drug trafficking charge not possession, and Masoli had even been convicted of robbery and served time in juvenile detention before ever enrolling at Oregon), he does a good job of blasting Masoli, Nutt(hugger), and the NCAA system that empowers these thugs.
... Here we go again. It's no wonder athletes are filled with a sense of entitlement. When, pray tell, is someone, say a coach, athletic director or university president going to scream: "Stop. No more. Not again. Not here. Not on my watch."Â￾

What makes this story so pathetic is that Nutt, according to ESPN, which cited a source that it didn't identify, is about to replace a failed second-chance experiment with another failed second-chance experiment ...

Masoli, meanwhile, is crying in Sports Illustrated, insisting that "i be innocent an' shiite. it all be uh big mithunderstandin.'"

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
My favorite line from the story: "Rarely are there any talented players still available in the summertime,"Â￾ Nutt said on the university's athletic website.

It should be edited to read "..any talented (black) players " There are hundreds (thousands?) of talented players available every summer, getting ready to hit the normal work force or go to college on their own dime. They just didn't happen to have the right skin tone and no one knows about them since all of the recruiting "services" do their very best to bury any white talent that might be out there.

After all, with the boosters and DWF's, the recruiting "grade" is King. If Nutt signs a white guy out of Montana it will negatively impact the schools recruiting grade, which will cause an uproar.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the article link, JC! I just posted it over on the CF facebook group.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here's another article that puts it to Nutt (hugger).

<h1>Masoli move latest proof Houston Nutt is a certifiably dirty coach</h1><div style="overflow: ; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/08/02/masoli-nutt/index.html?eref=twitter_feed#ixzz0vZqYph71

By Stewart Mandel
</div>

College football fans love to toss around the word "dirty." Pete Carroll was "dirty," they'll tell you, because one of his former stars took a bunch of money. Urban Meyer must be "dirty" because so many of his players get arrested. Lane Kiffin is presumably "dirty" because ... well, duh.

The
definition of "dirty" seems to vary based on one's affiliation, but
surely we can all agree on at least one designation: A dirty coach is
willing to eschew his integrity if doing so might pay off in a couple
more W's. He's not so much a winner as a survivalist. He's not even
necessarily a rule-breaker because he creates his own loopholes.

Which is why Ole Miss' Houston Nutt -- more so than any of the aforementioned names -- is a certifiably dirty coach.

Nutt's controversial decision to add trouble-plagued Oregon exile Jeremiah Masoli to his roster
on the eve of preseason camp is so transparently pathetic in its
desperation you wonder how he can make it with a straight face. And yet
we should hardly be surprised.

This is, after all, the same
man who hired a high school coach he didn't want just to keep a
quarterback recruit he wound up losing anyway; turned the practice of
oversigning into such a farce that the SEC had to make up a rule just to
curb him; and, just last year, welcomed another high-profile castoff
with a checkered past only to watch him run afoul of the law again
before playing a down with the Rebels.

The so-called "Right Reverend" has voluntarily gone down the wrong path again.

Masoli,
the star quarterback for Oregon's 2009 Rose Bowl team, was desperate to
find a new football team following his June dismissal, and Ole Miss
just happens to be in desperate need of another quarterback following
the transfer of second-stringer Raymond Cotton. And so, thanks to
a convenient NCAA loophole, Masoli, a recent sociology grad, may wind
up starting for an SEC team less than six months after being charged for
second-degree burglary, and just three months after getting caught with
marijuana while already on suspension from his former team. As an added
bonus, he'll get to pursue his lifelong dream of attaining a master's
degree in Parks and Recreation Management.

Only in America. Or at least in one dirty coach's pocket of it.

If you read Michael McKnight's excellent feature on Masoli
last week, you know there's more to the player's story than meets the
eye. Evidence suggests the quarterback may have played almost no role in
the infamous fraternity laptop theft at Oregon last January. His widely
reported involvement in a "series of strong-armed robberies" in high
school actually consisted of one incident in which he may also have been
a bystander. And there's something to be said for earning one's
undergraduate degree in three years.

But that doesn't make
Masoli an angel. He still lied to police during the fraternity
investigation, then pleaded guilty to a crime he now says he did not
commit. He also lied to his coach, Chip Kelly, who showed restraint in not dismissing him initially, before promptly blowing his second chance with the marijuana bust.

Only a dirty coach would take a chance on a kid who so blatantly duped his previous coach.

Nutt
says he did his homework. He spoke with Oregon coaches. He spoke with
Masoli's mother. He invited the player for a campus visit last weekend
to "look in his eyes."

"I spent a great deal of time with him," Nutt told SI.com's Andy Staples on Sunday. "I really feel that I can help him and he can help us."

Indeed, what better place to send a wayward quarterback than to the coach who helped turn Jevan Snead into an undrafted free agent.

Nutt,
an Arkansas native, was once a widely respected coach known for his
close family, his strong Christian values (hence the "Right Reverend"
tag) and his loyalty to his home state. In 2003, after taking the
Razorbacks to bowl games each of his first six seasons, he turned down
serious overtures from Nebraska to remain at Arkansas. (Only later would
he become famous for tossing his name into every coaching opening in
the country.)

Something changed, however, after enduring
consecutive losing seasons in 2004 and '05. It's not hard to pinpoint
the moment when Nutt went to the dark side. In the winter following the
'05 season, amid whispers about Nutt's job security, his prized recruit,
quarterback Mitch Mustain of nearby Springdale, Ark., began
wavering on his commitment. So Nutt took the unusual step of hiring
Mustain's high school coach, hurry-up guru Gus Malzahn, to be his offensive coordinator, which ensured pledges from Mustain and three of his similarly touted teammates.

Nutt's
coup paid off in the short term, with Arkansas notching its best season
of his tenure (10 wins and an SEC West title), but ultimately led to
his unraveling. Having ditched Malzahn's flashy offense after just one
game, believing it could never work in the "big boy" SEC, Malzahn bolted
town after the '06 season. (His offense, meanwhile, is working just
fine at Auburn.) Mustain and receiver Damian Williams left for
USC shortly thereafter. Enraged Razorbacks fans unleashed the hounds,
publicizing a nasty letter sent by a friend of the coach's family to
Mustain; obtaining his cell phone records and exposing an apparent
relationship with a local TV news anchor (they exchanged 1,063 texts in
six weeks).

As soon as he got through the next regular
season, Nutt packed his bags for Oxford before someone else did it for
him. He's won nine games each of his first two seasons, including a pair
of Cotton Bowl victories, yet the 52-year-old continues to make
decisions like a desperate man with no job security.

In his
first full recruiting calendar at Ole Miss, Nutt brazenly signed 37
players -- 37! -- fully intending to stash the non-qualifers (of which
there wound up eight) at junior colleges in the state. SEC schools are
now limited to 28 signees per class because of it. Four of the nine
highest-rated players from that '09 Ole Miss class are no longer with
the program and another is suspended indefinitely.

One of the four-star signees in that class was safety Jamar Hornsby,
who was dismissed from Florida in 2008 after fraudulently using the
credit card of a female student killed in a motorcycle accident with one
of his former teammates. Disgusting, right? Apparently not to Nutt, who
swooped up Hornsby after a year in junior college, only to watch
Hornsby get arrested again a month after Signing Day on charges of
assaulting a man at a McDonald's drive-thru.

Yet here we
are again, a year later, with Nutt taking another chance on another
risky player -- purportedly for altruistic reasons. "You want to try to
make a difference," said Nutt. "After visiting with him, the bottom lime
is I think he wants to do the right thing. He wants his name back."

Nutt's
humanitarian interests in Masoli's redemption might seem more credible
if they didn't magically materialize the day after his quarterback
transferred.

The truth is, Nutt could have found any number
of walk-on candidates to fill the emergency third-stringer role. Nutt's
taking Masoli because the former Holiday Bowl MVP and lethal
dual-threat athlete has the ability to lift Ole Miss from its predicted
finish in the SEC West basement (according to the SEC media's preseason
poll) back to another respectable bowl. Apparently the terminally
insecure coach doesn't feel he can afford a rebuilding year despite
averaging nine wins over his past four seasons.

What message does this send to Nathan Stanley,
the Ole Miss sophomore who, while Masoli was in self-induced football
exile, spent the offseason dutifully working to earn himself a starting
job? What message does it send to the families of future recruits about
Nutt's attitude toward discipline? He presumably stopped caring three or
four years ago.

And what does it say about the SEC and
NCAA that they would allow this to happen? Masoli is not the first
player to take advantage of the graduate-transfer waiver allowing for
immediate eligibility. He follows in the footsteps of former Cincinnati
quarterback Ben Mauk and former Duke point guard-turned Syracuse quarterback, Greg Paulus, among others.

Unlike them, however, Masoli is changing locales solely because his previous team wouldn't let him stay.
If it had, he would probably still be suspended this season. You can't
blame Masoli for using whatever avenue possible to continue playing
football -- even accepting a walk-on invitation -- but he still needed
the approval of a morally ambivalent coach to make it happen.

Masoli's
former coach, Kelly, spent much of last winter fighting a stigma that
his program was "dirty" following a rash of off-the-field incidents. But
the second-year Oregon coach wound up dismissing or suspending every
player who ran into trouble.

The only "dirty" coach in this scenario is the one openly welcoming other coaches' castoffs.<div style="overflow: ; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/08/02/masoli-nutt/index.html?eref=twitter_feed#ixzz0vZqNq2Bg
</div>

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i wonder if Kirk Herbstreit will continue his love affair with the thug-life-superstar Masoli? he had a HUGE homo love affair with him last season ...

maybe BSPN will even have a "profile"feature that showcases their gay romance on a College Gameday Gone Wild. i'm sure all the DWFs' man-panties will get wet with anticipation, if that happens.

2Legit2Quit

Ole Miss has to get rid of Houston Nutt. He is tearing the program apart. I think the sad thing is, that Ole Miss fans really thought he was good! False hope, Ole Miss is still just terrible lil O Mrs.....

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
New Miss fans don't think, 2Legit2Quit. Surely you know that.
smiley2.gif