2010-11 NFL Playoffs

snow

Mentor
exactly, terrible game plan, Bellichick was outhinking himself. He decided to do something completely different that the Jets haven't seen on film, it didn't work and he kept going with it except for a few series, and surprisingly when he went with the old stuff, it worked.

bigunreal

Mentor
And the loudest trash talker of them all recovers the onside kick and makes a long runback. Hmmm.

bigunreal

Mentor
I agree about Simms- he is one of the worst. Can't stand that voice.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
bigunreal said:
And the loudest trash talker of them all recovers the onside kick and makes a long runback. Hmmm.

I heard that both teams jointly practiced that play for over 40 hours during the week, until they got it just right every single time.
smiley29.gif

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
sport historian said:
Almost nothing went right for the Patriots all day.

Things tend to not go right when your down by 10 points with 9 minutes left in the game,and you call clock killing run plays.

backrow

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:

yes, that was perfectly choreographed by both teams just so Cromartie can recover it... wtf
smiley24.gif

snow

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
bigunreal said:

I heard that both teams jointly practiced that play for over 40 hours during the week, until they got it just right every single time.
smiley29.gif
lmao

at least we have the Packers. Clay Matthews, John Kuhn, Jordy Nelson, Aaron Rodgers. And at least the Patriots are a young team,besides Brady who still isn't that old, not to mention a healthy Mike Wright. He should learn from his mistakes next postseason, geta whiter defense.Don't go away from what has worked all season just because the opponent has been studying film of it. Woodhead, Welker, Gronkowski wouldve gotten open with what they have used all season. Oh yeah, and don't bench your best player for making some funny remarks that weren't even direct.

alln2

Guru
WHITE NOISE said:
sport historian said:

Things tend to not go right when your down by 10 points with 9 minutes left in the game,and you call clock killing run plays.

And not even hurrying after completing them? They were acting like they had all the time in the world.

This gives it away as a fix.

Things also tend not to go right when you keep your best receiver out, when you play Crumpler instead of Gronk in the endzone, when you give the ball to the Jets to score a TD right before the break, when you dont even challenge a suspect TD and so on.

bigunreal

Mentor
No matter how you look at it, the brash, trash talking, black loving plantation master of the Jets (conveniently from New York, the media's favorite city) is not knocked down to size by the most impressive team all season, a team that crushed them 45-3 just a few weeks ago, a team that happens to have more whites on offense than this league has had for decades. Kind of like Ali fights, this is the way these things seem to always turn out, for some reason....

Now we will be treated to a championship game between the nearly all black, black coached Steelers, perennial favorite for decades, vs. the magical New York squad, favorite of ESPN, and their magical hispanic QB. I don't think the Caste masters consider Sanchez white.

What a disappointing end to an otherwise pretty good season.

Anak

Mentor
There should still be 3 or 4 minutes left on the clock, that Patriot drive will end up being the nail in the coffin.

snow

Mentor
alln2 said:
WHITE NOISE said:
sport historian said:

And not even hurrying after completing them? They were acting like they had all the time in the world.

This gives it away as a fix.

Things also tend not to go right when you keep your best receiver out, when you play Crumpler instead of Gronk in the endzone, when you give the ball to the Jets to score a TD right before the break, when you dont even challenge a suspect TD and so on.

Welker was out one series and they moved the ball down the field.As far as run plays,Brady kept getting sacked, if you don't call run plays, the defense pins their ears back and goes after the qb,Brady gets sacked they lose yardage and kills the clock anyway. Gronkoswki is a better blocker than Crumpler or Hernandez, sad because Crumpler is 300 pounds. Brady wasn't getting any time so Gronkowski stayed in to block. Like I said, Bellichick changed his gameplan on this one and was too stubborn to go away from it. The idea was to do something that the Jets haven't seen on film all year and throw them off guard, it didn't work and was stupid on his part.This is a problem he has always had, being stubborn. If he is going to win he is going to win with what he designed up. The usual game plan is to just let everyone run routes and let Brady kil them with quick passes and yards after the catch. Apparently Bill didn't want to do that this game. He outthought himself on this one and probably felt like he deserved to lose closer to the end.Edited by: snow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Jets are a standard NFL team, 5 White starters(counting Sanchez), would be 6 if Leonhard hadn't suffered a broken leg. The Jets vs. the Packers won't be as nice as the Patriots-Packers, but still significantly better than most from a demographic standpoint. But the Steelers against the Bears would be an atrocity.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Jets were 11-5 during the season, and gave the Patriots one of their two regular season losses. They aren't exactly a pushover.

snow

Mentor
DeVito and Eric Smith had great games, a defensive lineman and a safety, better than most teams. Too bad the Jets don't have a white receiver. Dustin Keller is overrated as a tight end, can't block that well.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bad, bad game by the Patriots and especially Belichick. There were a few bright spots, but the outcome of this game stinks from a caste perspective. All I can say now is go Packers!

bigunreal said:
No matter how you look at it, the brash, trash talking, black loving plantation master of the Jets (conveniently from New York, the media's favorite city) is not knocked down to size by the most impressive team all season, a team that crushed them 45-3 just a few weeks ago, a team that happens to have more whites on offense than this league has had for decades. Kind of like Ali fights, this is the way these things seem to always turn out, for some reason....

Now we will be treated to a championship game between the nearly all black, black coached Steelers, perennial favorite for decades, vs. the magical New York squad, favorite of ESPN, and their magical hispanic QB. I don't think the Caste masters consider Sanchez white.

What a disappointing end to an otherwise pretty good season.
Why would anyone consider Sanchez white? He looks like my gardener?
smiley36.gif
<div>
</div><div>I don't really care if coach fata** and Pancho win, or if that pimp tomlin and his coal black team win. If the Packers are in the Super Bowl I might watch, maybe, otherwise I could care less and it is now time for reall football season.</div>

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I'd rather have a double root canal, without Novocaine than to watch a Bears vs. Steelers Superbowl.

foobar75

Master
In my estimation, the outcome of this game was put into motion by two factors very early in the game and it just set the tone and snow-balled from there:

1. The incredibly stupid decision to bench Wes Welker for the first series. You cannot tell me that did not have some sort of mental impact on Welker himself and possibly the rest of the offense/team.

2. The dropped TD pass by Crumpler in the Pats' second drive of the game. Why was Crumpler even part of the passing game today, when Gronkowski and Hernandez have been money all season?

Several other posters have made many other good observations. I don't believe in fixes, but there were some highly curious/questionable decisions by Belichik in that game. I agree with the assessment that while most teams this playoffs are using their white players when it matters most, the whitest of them all seemed to go away from that and use their black players more for this game.

Let's hope the Packers don't forget to play football next week at Chicago. A SB featuring any combination of CHI/NYJ/PIT is guaranteed to be one ugly affair.
smiley11.gif