2009 Boise State Broncos

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm glad this thug is being punished for what he did. It looks like his one year of good running was a fluke and he has lost something anyway, so it will probably help the Ducks in the long run.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow, I had Blount as my third best RB in the senior class after Spiller and Gerhart as my number one and two. NFLdraftscout still has Blount ranked 3rd ahead of "Touchdown Toby". Looks like Toby will move into the 3rd spot for senior tailbacks and could still be in the top 3 and surpass senior Charles Scott and some underclassmen who declare with a good combine performance. I'm not rooting for the downfall of Mr. Blount, but this is good news as far as helping Toby Gerhart's draft stock.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
"I'm not rooting for the downfall of Mr. Blount,"

You are superstitious! Have you also forgotten that the NFL is the National Felons League?Edited by: Deadlift

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW Fightingtowin, here's the story of two different tailbacks. Maurice Clarett had already been suspended by Ohio State for lousy academics, sportsmanship etc. He went on to get a combine invite ahead of white Brock Forsey- who's in the NCAA record books for 2nd most TDs in a FBS season after Barry Sanders. The freshman Clarett for Ohio State had been impressive, but he went on to run a plodding 4.8 40 at the NFL combine and still went on to become a third round pick by the Broncos. Clarett would then go on to commit armed robbery before ever playing an NFL down of football. Meanwhile Forsey was called too slow for the NFL. I hear he had run a 4.6 or by worst estimates a 4.7 for scouts before and was in much better shape and a high character guy compared to future felon Clarret.

"Team manager" Brock Forsey ran for over 100 yards in one of two games he started- showing potential right away for the Bears, but was soon "caste" aside and blacklisted out of the league. Maybe they used his second unimpressive game to "caste" him aside for real "athletes" or in cases like Clarett I should say "afflete". One amazing game followed by a lousy game, in his first NFL action EVER, means he doesn't have what it takes?
smiley5.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Are you saying he was extra frustrated because he was getting dominated by a white team? I think that may be a huge factor. He was probably laughing with all his boys back home about playing some potato eating white boys. Then reality hit. And it hit hard.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:

You are superstitious! Have you also forgotten that the NFL is the National Felons League?

I don't mean to bloviate, but let me clarify myself. I root for the serious punishment (I guess you could say downfall) of criminals who commit premeditated acts of serious violence like armed robber Maurice Clarett. Blount might be a headcase or a bad apple, but he isn't at the level of Clarett and might have enough good in him to change.

Blount ran his mouth before the game, got taunted for it during the game and then spazzed out at another player with a serious cheap shot punch. I agree he should be suspended for the season- seems like he simply has a FLAMING temper to me and very bad sportsmanship.

I'm only glad about this as far as it helps Toby Gerhart's draft stock.
What good is it to root for the downfall or destruction of another man unless it's someone who is in a position of power over you and is continuing to screw you over? I try to live my life like Christ wants me to.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
They ALWAYS have to cheap shot! They never stand up and fight like a man. Either that or attack in packs (or fight someone way smaller than them). But it was funny the way the black ran away after the cheap shot. He knew what would happen if the superior white man got a hold of him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<div> </div>

<div>BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Boise State defensive end Byron Hout will not
be suspended after taunting Oregon's LeGarrette Blount before getting
decked with a punch.
</div>

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">Boise State spokesman Max Corbet told The
Associated Press in an e-mail Friday that head coach Chris Petersen
won't suspend Hout. Instead, Petersen will spend time with Hout this
week to help him learn from what happened.</a>

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">Hout was knocked to
his knees by Blount after No. 14 Boise State's 19-8 win over No. 16
Oregon on Thursday night. Hout yelled in Blount's face and tapped him
on the shoulder pad before catching the right to the jaw. Petersen was
trying to pull Hout away when he was hit.</a>

Blount was suspended for all remaining games on Friday, effectively ending his college career.

http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank"><a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10023198/Boise-State%27s-Hout-avoids-suspension-for-tauntingEdited by: Colonel_Reb

foobar75

Master
Another thing that is kind of bothering me a little bit was the typical passive white behavior we saw last night. The thug did what he does best, and sucker punched another man. Yet, all of Hout's teammates just kind of stood around, and no one came to his aid. This is ridiculous. I wouldn't expect any of the black teammates to do that, but why couldn't some of the white teammates react a little differently?

Imagine if a white player had punched a black player. Is there any doubt that any black players in the vicinity would have descended upon the white player like a pack of wild dogs?

Also, white folks need to learn never, ever to turn away from a black man or lower their guard, because the sucker punch can come at any time. Hout's first mistake was going over to Blount with his helmet off, while he had his on. His second mistake, as being pulled away, was to turn away, and boom, he got sucker-punched.

Charlie

Guru
One local sportscaster approached the assault in a joking manner. A 'knockout punch', wowsa! Great sports action! Let's see it again. Try this at home kids.

I don't know much about hockey, but when teams line up to shake hands at the end of games are there ever any fights? What would happen if football tried to do the same?

Byron Hout needs 'help to learn what happened'? Huh? Maybe he needs a civil litigator. Maybe he needs a coach with a different agenda.

Does Blount keep his scholarship? Will he finish his degree in 'Recreation Studies'?

If college sports didn't exist what would be the loss? European soccer players can turn pro at age 14. There's no pretense of amateur scholar-athletes fighting for Ol' State U. Players know by age 18 if they're going to be top level professionals. If so, great. If not, they can do something else.

Do sports build character? Promote societal cohesion? Enhance scholarship?

Perhaps, but why should it be at public expense? Wealthy societies do foolish things with their wealth. China has a Great Wall, Europe has a Muslim welfare and reproduction scheme, and we have Div. 1 football.Edited by: Charlie

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Finally--a quick and appropriate punishment---maybe he'll learn something from it (but probably not), and maybe colleges will more closely scrutinize the character traits of their prospective "students" (again probably not).

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
LL & FB75, good points on the "brutha"/thug style of cheap shots, fighting with numbers or weapons & the BSU White players lack standing around after the sucker punch. I'm sure the Broncos coaching staff would say those (White) players were being disciplined, but (as Foobar75 alluded too) the affletes would have rushed in like a jailbreak had a White player jacked one of their fellow bruvahz.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Deadlift said:

You are superstitious! Have you also forgotten that the NFL is the National Felons League?

I don't mean to bloviate, but let me clarify myself. I root for the serious punishment (I guess you could say downfall) of criminals who commit premeditated acts of serious violence like armed robber Maurice Clarett. Blount might be a headcase or a bad apple, but he isn't at the level of Clarett and might have enough good in him to change.

Blount ran his mouth before the game, got taunted for it during the game and then spazzed out at another player with a serious cheap shot punch. I agree he should be suspended for the season- seems like he simply has a FLAMING temper to me and very bad sportsmanship.

I'm only glad about this as far as it helps Toby Gerhart's draft stock.
What good is it to root for the downfall or destruction of another man unless it's someone who is in a position of power over you and is continuing to screw you over? I try to live my life like Christ wants me to.

You can root for or against whatever you want, but with the way you preface your posts, It sounds like you feel "guilty" about something?

Do you think that the White man is the cause of black behavior? I like you as a CF member, as I don't know you personally, and I would rather you not have "White guilt" if you in fact have it.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Can anyone tell me when was the last time a white hit or attacked a black during a game? I am talking about any sport football, basketball, or even baseball. It is always blacks attacking whites. Some things that come to mind are Latrel Sprewell choking his coach, , Kermit Washington knocking Rudy Tomjanovich out cold, the riot they had with the Pacers, Golota getting attacked by Bowe's black savage posse, Cam Cleeland being attacked by his racist negro teammates, and many others I can't remember. But I don't remember any whites attacking blacks.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Charlie

Guru
"I'm sure the Broncos coaching staff would say those (White) players were being disciplined"

The college football coach with the most career wins, 'Gags' Gagliardi at St. John's University (MN), has a drill called 'walk away'. One player slaps another along side the helmet. The hit player turns and walks away.

The theory being the player to strike back is usually the one called for a penalty and the instigator gets away with it. Boise State may have a similar drill.

whiteathlete33 said:
Can anyone tell me when was the last time a white hit or attacked a black during a game? I am talking about any sport football, basketball, or even baseball. It is always blacks attacking whites. Some things that come to mind are Latrel Sprewell choking his coach, , Kermit Washington knocking Rudy Tomjanovich out cold, the riot they had with the Pacers, Golota getting attacked by Bowe's black savage posse, Cam Cleeland being attacked by his racist negro teammates, and many others I can't remember. But I don't remember any whites attacking blacks.
The first that comes to mind is when Marty McSorley hit that black NHL player in the head with his stick. Bill Romanowski had a couple altercations and I'm pretty sure I remember the 80s Celtics starting some stuff, but that was when everybody was fighting. That's all I can think of.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow I forgot about Bill Romanowski. He broke that black tight ends jaw and spit in J J Stokes face but he was called a racist by his own teammates. The thing is there are so few cases of whites attacking blacks in sports its negligible. 95 percent is blacks attacking whites and racism is never mentioned.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
Wow I forgot about Bill Romanowski. He broke that black tight ends jaw and spit in J J Stokes face but he was called a racist by his own teammates. The thing is there are so few cases of whites attacking blacks in sports its negligible. 95 percent is blacks attacking whites and racism is never mentioned.

Romanowski wasn't so much an aggressor as he was known as a white player who would vigorously defend himself, which in turn made him more of a target. Was he being racially taunted by J. J. Stokes when he spit at him? Did he hear racist remarks from opponents and even teammates? My bet is he did. Everyone knows that white players in the NFL are supposed to know their place, and there is no safety net in the league and in the media to help or defend them.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I remember JJ Stokes referring to Romanowski as a "racist drug pusher." I am sure he was racially taunted by even his own teammates after he attacked that black tight end and during games all throughout his career. After all his black teammates went against him many times. Romanowski was one of the few whites that actually stood up for himself. Whites can't even stand up for themselves anymore without being called racists.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I miss Romanowski, he also broke Dave Meggett's finger at the bottom of a pile during a fumble .

qj

Guru
Blount probably spewed non-stop trash during the week and throughout the game. I really don't understand why, because the Blue beat the Green last year in Green's house and the Blue never seem to lose against anybody at home. You would figure the Green would be a little more humble or less vocal going into the game. Ah, but there are some players that are just too dumb to savvy the dynamics of the game. Then, after the Blue demolished the Green ON THE FIELD WHERE IT COUNTS, Blount was frustrated. And Hout probably just pointed out that all of Blount's trash talk didn't amount to a hill of beans on the blue turf, so Blount reacted by sucker punching Hout. Yeah, it staggered Hout for a second, but Hout was up within a second or two, and Blount was still in the cannon and on the Yosemite Sam Retreat. BTW, Hout's teammates DID step in to defend; they just didn't do something stupid like getting into fistfight with the Rec Studies wannabe. Lastly, it was real comical watching Blount get tortured and taunted by the BSU fans as he had to be pulled into the locker room like my whining, squirming 2-yr-old during a meltdown before nap time. Ha Ha!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I just updated BSU's starters. Looks like just 10 whites will start against Fresno State Saturday.
smiley21.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<div> </div>

<div>BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Boise State running back D.J. Harper likely
will miss the rest of the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament
in his left knee.
</div>
Harper, the team's second leading rusher, was injured in Friday's 51-34
victory over Fresno State when he was smothered in the backfield late
in the game.

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">He is one of two tailbacks who share carries for
the No. 8 Broncos (3-0) and rushed for 292 yards and three touchdowns
on 44 carries.</a>

Coach Chris Petersen said Harper was undergoing tests Monday, and team physicians are all but certain Harper will need surgery.

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">"It's
hard on all of us, it's hard on the offense and it's hard on D.J.,"
Petersen said Monday. "He's a heck of a back, and we were just starting
to see the best of him. He'll be missed, no question about it."</a>

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">Harper
rushing for 278 yards and four touchdowns last season as part of a
crowded backfield that included Jeremy Avery, Doug Martin and senior
Ian Johnson, the all-time rushing touchdown leader in the Western
Athletic Conference.</a>

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">With Johnson gone and Martin playing
defense, Harper worked hard in the offseason to take advantage of a
more expanded role. In the first three games, he and Avery were hard to
stop, helping the Broncos amass 590 yards on the ground.</a>

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">Harper
ran for 88 yards against Oregon, added 89 yards against Miami, Ohio,
and had 107 yards, including a 60-yard touchdown run, before leaving in
the second half against Fresno State.</a>

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">Martin, a special teams ace
who also has lined up as a nickel back on defense this season, will
replace him. Petersen said he expects the transition for Martin and the
offense will be seamless. The first test comes Saturday when the
Broncos travel to Bowling Green (1-2).</a>

<a href="http://images.video.msn.com/js/ch/channels.css" target="_blank">"I hope it (running game)
doesn't change," Petersen said. "I hope that Doug and Jeremy are now
the one-two punch we've been talking about all along. Hat's off to Doug
Martin. We move him to defense and now we need him back on offense and
the guy doesn't bat an eye."</a>

Petersen said Harper should be able to redshirt this season, giving him two more seasons of eligibility.http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10106840/No.-8-Boise-State-loses-Harper-for-seasonEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
A little update to Boise's Staters.

Not much, but it puts Boise into the 11/22 category.

Shea McClellin starts at the Bronco's other DE spot now.
smiley1.gif