2007 Penn State Nittany Lions

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the probable white starters on Paterno's team for the upcoming season.

Offense
QB Anthony Morelli
FB Matt Hahn
LG Lou Eliades
C A.Q. Shipley
RG John Shaw
RT Dennis Landolt

Defense
MLB Dan Connor
SLB Sean Lee
SS Anthony Scirrotto

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wow -- blacker than usual, no? Isn't Penn State usually majority white or at least half white?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Liverlips, Penn State had 8 white starters in 2005 and 9/10 last year, so this is about average for them. The search function is very helpful when looking up info on previous threads or team's info. Penn State hasn't been white majority in several years. Paterno has gone Caste big time.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Liverlips, Penn State had 8 white starters in 2005 and 9/10 last year, so this is about average for them. The search function is very helpful when looking up info on previous threads or team's info. Penn State hasn't been white majority in several years. Paterno has gone Caste big time.

Old Joe Pa seems to forget he had a whiteRB win a Heisman for him a while back. I guess those old folks really do have short term memory.
smiley5.gif

gsm1988

Scirrotto more then likely won't be starting this year after being arrested for assault during the Spring. Say what you want about Paterno, but he has always had great White players, and I sincerely believe that he will recruit the best players he can find, regardless of race. He has had a long track record of players who have stayed out of trouble. That pattern has only started recently. Maybe he's losing his touch because of old age?

gsm1988

Old Joe Pa seems to forget he had a whiteRB win a Heisman for him a while back. I guess those old folks really do have short term memory.
smiley5.gif
[/QUOTE]

John Cappelletti won the Heisman in 1973.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Which is exactly my earlier point that Joe has gone Caste big time.

gsm1988

Sort of. I still feel that Paterno is more fair to White athletes then other coaches are though. You can guarantee that there will always be at least several, and usually more, White players starting for him. And he has traditionally kept his program clean. I'm a PSU fan, so I'm biased.

whiteCB

Master
gsm1988 said:
Sort of. I still feel that Paterno is more fair to White athletes then other coaches are though. You can guarantee that there will always be at least several, and usually more, White players starting for him. And he has traditionally kept his program clean. I'm a PSU fan, so I'm biased.

Yuo have to agree that Joe Pa is fairer than average compared to alot of coaches when it comes to giving white players a break. However, you also have to admit that when it comes to certain positions such as RB and DB that Joe Pa's teams of the 1970s and before look a lot different at those positions from the 1980-present. this tells me that Joe Pa will laways give a break to a white guy he who plays LB, TE, QB, and both o and d line. However, Joe Pa has bought into the philosophy that only blacks are suitable ball carriers, WRs, and CBs. Just look at Tim Shaw never getting s chance at RB and being moved to LB.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently Old Joe recently engaged in a case of road rage and went berserk on a couple of women who weren't driving fast enough for him. Will be interesting to see if this goes national or not. It was the main topic of conversation on sports talk shows in the Pittsburgh area today.

It may turn out to be the last straw for Paterno. He should have gotten out years ago as recent teams mostly haven't been very good, there is a strong thug element on the Nittany Lions, not to mention Paterno blatantly favors black players over whites when it comes to discipline and suspensions (and of course recruiting). Joe also echoed Fisher DeBerry's anti-white comments about only blacks having speed not long after DeBerry himself apologized. I liked and admired Joe Paterno for many years (and met him and worked with his brother while attending Penn State), but Old Joe just ain't what he used to be. Edited by: Don Wassall

whiteCB

Master
Did John Campeletti ever get into trouble? Didn't think so. Paterno is a joke of a coach!
smiley11.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Dan Connor had 18 tackles and 1 1/2 sacks against Temple. Paterno has gone Caste but at least the high school tailbacks he recruits shine at linebacker. Connor will follow Pusloszny as a first rounder next year, and Sean Lee in '09.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anthony Morelli, after just two seasons as the starter, will finish his career as one of the top Penn State QBs ever, but this kid is absolutely despised by the drunk white fans. PSU has had affletes at quarterback who were mediocre and inconsistent (including one who was arrested for assaulting a white off-duty cop who was with a black woman; and this QB himself had fathered a child to a white woman) who didn't get anywhere near the criticism Morelli has. Morelli has also routinely been castigated as "stupid," particularly by one Pittsburgh talk show host who routinely attacks Morelli and his family. White self-loathing is almost universal in this Cultural Marxist run country.
<DIV =story_line>Morelli's ranks among PSU's all-time passers
<DIV =story_line>
<DIV =story_line>Morelli has been a lightning rod for criticism in his two years as the Nittany Lions' starter, yet his career numbers stack up favorably with some of the school's best quarterbacks.
<DIV =story_line>

He ranks No. 2 in career completions (429), No. 3 in passing attempts (755) and No. 5 in passing yards (4,944) entering the regular-season finale Saturday at Michigan State.

Article: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07319/834066-143.stm

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Morelli's main problem is his crappy black receivers. He had Michigan beat but the fumble fingered brothers couldn't catch. Then they fumbled it away near the goal line.

I think it's unconscionable how the sports media rips on college athletes. Say what you want about guys like Lloyd Carr, but they will rip a reporter a new one if they get too critical of players especially QB's. The fat jerks that work as sports media figures are unable to tell the difference between an unpaid 20 year old amatuer and a guy making millions to play the game.

I also like the tirade that other coach (Oklahoma I think) went on after a reporter attacked his QB.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
All three are black.

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - Three Penn State football players charged in connection with a campus fight last fall have been kicked off the team, at least temporarily, a person familiar with the players' status said Friday.

<STYLE>
.moreTeamsDiv {
position:relative;
float:right;
padding-right:10px;
}
.moreTeamsHdr {
background-image:url(/fe/img/Story/moreTeamsOn_header.gif);

background-repeat:repeat-x;
background-position:top;
height:35px;
color:#000000;
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
padding-top:4px;
padding-left:4px;
font-weight:bold;
}
.moreTeamsLinks a:link, .moreTeamsLinks a:visited {
color:#1266a4;
text-decoration:none;
padding-right:4px;
padding-bottom:4px;
}
.moreTeamsLinks a:hover {
text-decoration:underline;
}
.moreTeamLinks {
}

.storyPoll {
padding-bottom: 5px;
}
</STYLE>

<DIV style="FLOAT: right; : relative">

Defensive tackle Chris Baker and linebacker Navorro Bowman are awaiting trial on felony assault and other charges related to a fight last October at the campus student union.

Cornerback Knowledge Timmons was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and defiant trespass stemming from an incident after the fight.

The three players are no longer with the team, though it's possible they could return to the squad, said the person familiar with the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

In a statement, the school said: "Three members of the squad have been excused from the team."

Besides the criminal charges, Baker, Bowman and Timmons face potential disciplinary action from the university.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Knowledge Timmons
smiley36.gif
Undoubtedly an electrifying,charismatic scholar of the first rank.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good ones men! I thought about cracking a joke but hesitated. I knew someone would step up!
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i just hope he doesn't end up like his older brother, Ignunt.

that guy had soooo much talent, but wasted it.
smiley36.gif

and boy did Ignunt have a room-brightening smile.
smiley4.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
<div>All three are black. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - Three Penn State football players charged in connection with a campus fight last fall have been kicked off the team, at least temporarily, a person familiar with the players' status said Friday.</div>

&lt;STYLE&gt;
.moreTeamsDiv {
position:relative;
padding-right:10px;
}
.moreTeamsHdr {
background-image:url(/fe/img/Story/moreTea msOn_header.gif);
background-repeat:repeat-x;
background-position:top;
height:35px;
color:#000000;
font-size:12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
.moreTeamsLinks a:link, .moreTeamsLinks a:visited {
color:#1266a4;
padding-right:4px;
padding-bottom:4px;
}
.moreTeamsLinks a:hover {
text-decoration:underline;
}
.moreTeamLinks {
}

.storyPoll {
padding-bottom: 5px;
}
&lt;/STYLE&gt;

&lt;DIV style="FLOAT: right; : relative"&gt;</div>

Defensive tackle Chris Baker and linebacker Navorro Bowman are awaiting trial on felony assault and other charges related to a fight last October at the campus student union.

Cornerback Knowledge Timmons was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and defiant trespass stemming from an incident after the fight.

The three players are no longer with the team, though it's possible they could return to the squad, said the person familiar with the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

In a statement, the school said: "Three members of the squad have been excused from the team."

Besides the criminal charges, Baker, Bowman and Timmons face potential disciplinary action from the university.
I remember when Gifto broke up the pass against Miami, guys like this were never on the Penn State roster. How times have changed. Joe Pa looks like he wants to make Happy Valley Florida State north...
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
More bad news from PSU, but should we be surprised? Nope.

1244519.jpeg

1248977.jpeg

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - Penn State receiver Chris Bell and defensive tackle Phillip Taylor were suspended from the team, the latest players facing disciplinary issues in a turbulent year off the field for the Nittany Lions.

Bell and Taylor are "not participating with the team until such time that their academic situation improves and any off-the-field issues are behind them," the athletic department said Friday.

The sophomores were mentioned but not charged in a criminal complaint last year concerning a fight during a fraternity party at the student union. Authorities said one man was beat up and treated at the scene.

Two other players are awaiting trial on felony assault and other charges in the Oct. 7 fight. Defensive tackle Chris Baker and backup linebacker Navorro Bowman were kicked off the team last month, at least temporarily.

A third player, cornerback Knowledge Timmons, was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and defiant trespass stemming from an incident after the fight. He has also been kicked off the team, but could return.

Authorities had left open the possibility of more charges after the initial arrests. Centre County Assistant District Attorney Steve Sloane said Friday that charges against at least one more suspect could be filed next week.

Bell started the first two games of the 2007 season but overall saw little playing time, catching seven passes for 143 yards. Taylor started the last five games of the season and finished with 20 tackles and three sacks.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7777432/Two-more-Penn-Sta te-football-players-suspended?FSO2&amp;ATT=MA [/url]