2007 NFL Week 11

Stonewall

Guru
Gentlemen, look for Heath Evans in the 2nd half of the Pats-Bills game tonight. I'd like to see Kyle Eckel get a chance to run the ball tonight as well, prior to the 4th quarter.

backrow

Hall of Famer
man, watching a white RB run is a treat! Heath Evans just had 2 runs for 6 and 8 yards

and 8 yards again just now! he seems to be a main runningback in the second half, with Faulk banged up. no idea if Pats are resting Maroney or what.

Eckel just got 7 yards on his first carry!
smiley32.gif

LOL! i'm not being funny but do Patriots even carry a punter?

Eckel just had another carry for 14 yards!

and how about Wes Welker. he is so elusive and just showed off his toughness on his 24 yard catch and run.

Kyle Eckel just scored his second NFL TD. i'm happy for him, although Heath Evans is on my fantasy team
smiley17.gif
Edited by: backrow

Stonewall

Guru
I'm glad that Madden finally realized that Eckel played at the Naval Academy. And, Al Michaels mentioned that Belichick's father coached at the Academy. The media makes Belichick out to be such a bad guy, but here's a coach giving a young player from Navy a chance in the NFL.

Eckel is proving that he belongs.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Bills got what they had coming. why the hell don't they play guys that made this defense good in the beginning of the season: Leonhard, Wire. also, John Wendling can't possibly be worse than George Wilson.

big props to Pats and Bellichick for giving white runningbacks 20 carries!
smiley32.gif

G

I can't wait to hear again from the black superhumans about how it is wrong to run up the score.

G

Brady is so much better than Manning that, looking back, it's hilarious the kind of heated arguments people would get into about which guy was better.Edited by: nevada

texasheat

4 of the 5 guys listed in the rushing stats for the Patriots are white (Eckel, Evans, Welker & Brady). Together they combined for 23 of the Patriots 29 carries. Nice!!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: texasheat

G

While watching the Pats/Bills game I observed RB Eckel. On a couple of runs he did show some explosiveness. Hope he gets more chances in the second half of the season. The Pats are so good. They look like a Div II college team beating up a High School team.

If a team wants to run up the score, I would suggest letting the back up quaterback play for at least a entire quater using the full playbook. So that he gains experience if needed.

devans

Mentor
texasheat said:
4 of the 5 guys listed in the rushing stats for the Patriots are white (Eckel, Evans, Welker & Brady). Together they combined for 23 of the Patriots 29 carries. Nice!!
smiley32.gif

Yes I noticed that - here is a sight for sore eyes!
RushingATT YDS TD LG
H. Evans.....10..56..0..11
K. Eckel......10..40..1..14
L. Maroney...6...19..1..9
T. Brady.......2...9...0...5
W. Welker....1...3...0..3
Edited by: devans

Stonewall

Guru
Many of the carries by Evans and Eckel last night in the 2nd half were against a Buffalo defense who stacked the line, expecting the Patriots to run. I would love to see what these 2 great backs would do playing in early game situations. At the very least, these men should be utilized when Brady goes from the shotgun. Several years ago, Belichick used Evans as a feature back and he had a couple 100 yard rushing games.

Regardless, its great to see those rushing numbers, devans.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I'd say Mcnaab is washed up. He could have played but didn't. They'll be going sooner than later to their new QB.

Tom Iron...

Angelcynn

Guru
Was wierd seeing two white running backs at the same time. When was that last time that happened? Cooley, Daniels and Witten were solid as ever but why is Dallas Clark being so under used after such a great start this season? Patrick Kerney is a beast and it was great to see Seahawks kicker little Josh Brown munch Devin Hester on a punt return! Jurevicious put up some nice numbers aswell despite still being under used by his home Town team?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Clark was actually thrown to a lot, at least 8-9 times but he was shut down. he also had a drop or two, although i haven't seen the game so don't know the circumstances. Manning was off target for second week in a row.Edited by: backrow

Bear Backer

Mentor
Tom Iron said:
I'd say Mcnaab is washed up. He could have played but didn't. They'll be going sooner than later to their new QB.

Tom Iron...

I would agree, he is old (maybe not age wise, but physically) brittle, out of shape and is a mental case. I just pray to God that the Bears don't try to bring him in next season. Alot of the Chicago media has been hinting that they would like to see McNabb and so have a number of the Bears fans, though surprisingly there have been a number who have started to voice their opposition against McNabb going home to Chicago. A mere couple seasons ago most Bears fans were drooling over McNabb and lamenting that the organization let a local boy get away in the first place.

Bart

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
and how about Wes Welker. he is so elusive and just showed off his toughness on his 24 yard catch and run.

Kyle Eckel just scored his second NFL TD. i'm happy for him, although Heath Evans is on my fantasy team

Eckel and Evans could wear down defenses if given more chances to carry the ball. Eckel in partcular looks like a load. I was watching Welker during replays of Moss' touchdowns, he was wide open and could easily have scored at least two TD's if Brady looked to him first.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Welker is having a monster year. This guy is unbelievable. It was nice to see 2 white running backs get carries yesterday. Evans had a very good 5.6 yards a carry.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Good news about Brady and his "posse" of standout white RB's and receivers..It would be something if they get another championship...and show up a few brothuhs along the way.

backrow

Hall of Famer
first Scheffler with a nice reception, then Stokley finished the drive with a huge 48 yard reception where he made couple of defenders miss and outrun the Titan defense for a score!

ShowSomePride

You missed a guy backrow
smiley17.gif

One of Denver's OLB's is a white man. If I can catch his name I'll edit my post.

backrow

Hall of Famer
ShowSomePride said:
You missed a guy backrow
smiley17.gif

One of Denver's OLB's is a white man. If I can catch his name I'll edit my post.

it's Jordan Beck. if he gets any stats other than ST i'll put him on

ShowSomePride

backrow said:
ShowSomePride said:
You missed a guy backrow
smiley17.gif

I figuired since they introduced him by name (which I ended up forgetting) he would have been on the field more. I didn't know his stats so far were from special teams. Edited by: ShowSomePride

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Vince Young looked better than I expected, but the two interceptions obviously tarnished his stats, which looked more like a white QB's than a black one's (over 300 yards passing). But then again even Kordell Stewart occasionally played a great game. That didn't make him a competentstarting NFL quarterback.

backrow said:
ShowSomePride said:
You missed a guy backrow
smiley17.gif

Heh. In my madden fantasy draft team, he's my nickel/dime MLB, since he's so fast.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
Vince Young looked better than I expected, but the two interceptions obviously tarnished his stats, which looked more like a white QB's than a black one's (over 300 yards passing).  But then again even Kordell Stewart occasionally played a great game.  That didn't make him a competent starting NFL quarterback. 

To me he looked halfway passable as a QB, I thought his stats were over inflated though by Denver Hanging back too much in the first half and allowing Young to go Justin Gage several times underneath, which is almost a sin to me, given how horrible he was in Chicago in man to man coverage despite his size. You can almost completely take him out of the game if you just put someone on him tight consistently, given his last of speed and not being very physical for a guy his size. Another disturbing thing was how many wide open dropped passes that Tennessee had early on. Denver is usually pretty good against the past, but they left alot of guys wide open tonight which made it easy on Young when they weren't dropping. I think I only saw maybe 2 or 3 throws from Young that I thought were good, the rest were throws that any QB should make. I also notices when they tightened up a little bit late in the game, Vince started to make his mental mistakes which is more in line with his capabilities as a QB. Give any QB in the NFL time and an open reciever and he can look good. It definitely was not the progress that Emmitt Smith was blathering on about. He plays a halfway decent game and does what a QB is supposed to do and they want to say "See, See we told you so" Sorry Emmitt you fraud,It doesn't work that way. No way has Vince come anywhere near turning the corner yet. He still has a QB rating below 70, in fact it is a horrible 64.3 (only higher than Alex Smith among qualifiers, and five points below the horrible and benched Cleo Lemon after tonight, and counting his rushing and passing touchdowns he only has 8 compared to 12 interceptions and 5 fumbles. We all know that is well more than enough to get a white QB Benched, but not Magic Vince.