2007 Arkansas Razorbacks

Colonel_Reb said:
I know highschoolcoach. It makes no sense at all. I wonder if Peyton will get many carries in the bowl game?

I wonder too.

On the one hand, Hillis was used against LSU and did a great job (even though McFadden won the game "singlehandedly"), so the coaching staff my figure that he may help them win the bowl game, too. He may even get more opportunities than in the LSU game.

On the other hand, the coaching staff my figure that, if Hillis did such a good job against LSU, a "real athlete" will do even better in the bowl game. After all, McFadden was probably responsible for all of Hillis' touchdowns, so he can do the same for somebody else, especially when the other guy has even more ability than Hillis.

Riddlewire

Master
I think you have to throw all speculation out the window.
The head coach was fired. The bowl game will be coached by the defensive coordinator. There's no telling what plays they'll run. The tight end might win the game with 120 receiving yards and 3TD
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the Arkansas coaching search has turned into a full-on debacle.

as for Peyton Hillis, he is a monster. it wouldn't surprise me at all if he would win a foot race with Felix Jones, no joke. no disrespect to Felix Jones who is very talented, but in my opinion Hillis should be getting every carry that McFadden doesn't.

for those who think this is stupid, i remind you that Hillis measured out as a bigger, faster, better athlete than Ronnie Brown, the #2 pick in the NFL Draft as a tailback.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree JC. Who is in the driver seat now that Grobe backed out?Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Riddlewire

Master
Petrino has an interview today, I think.
Otherwise, it's Gus Malzahn, Reggie Herring, or Norm Chow.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Do you really think Gus would come back?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i hope he would, Colonel... he is a genius!

as you know, i went and watched the Tulsa-BYU game in person, and what Guz Malzahn did with Tulsa's offense was incredible!

if i'm not mistaken, Malzahn has led the Golden Hurricane to the #1 offense in the nation this year, his FIRST as their offensive coordinator. wow!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes he is an offensive genius. I just wondered if he'd come back to Arkansas after what happened last year. I'm like you though, I would like to see him there. Maybe then Crosby Tuck would actually start games and get used.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
many people don't know this, but Malzahn implemented the Wildcat formation (which has set the collegiate football world on fire) to use PEYTON HILLIS taking the snaps.

Malzahn's decision was over-ruled by Nutt, who put McFadden taking the snaps, and the rest is history.

but maybe, with his success with white athletes in the past and his willingness to use Hillis' talents, Malzahn would be very pro-white athlete as a coach.

there's always hope, at least.
smiley2.gif

Daimon

Would you be in favor of a Gus Malzahn/Reggie Herring combination with one being head coach and one being offensive coordinator?

Daimon

Hogland will cry now that McFadden didn't win. All that aside, have you ever heard him being interviewed?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes, McFadden struggles to make his version of English understandable to the rest of us. That is one of the most pathetic things to watch these "college educated" blackletes speak.

jared

Mentor
Bobby Petrino just announced his resignation from the Atlanta Falcons and is coming over to Arkansas. I don't see him as being very white friendly but at least he knows how to develop a passing attack that utilizes receivers other than the fullback. That should bode well for Crosby Tuck's numbers.

Riddlewire

Master
jared said:
That should bode well for Crosby Tuck's numbers.
In a perfect world, maybe.
But we have plenty of black receivers on the team, too. And a whole plantation-load of 'highly rated' black receivers coming in. I figure Tuck, Cleveland, and Lucas Miller have probably just been demoted permanently.
I don't like this hire.

Riddlewire

Master
Bronco Mendenhall would be my first choice.
His name was circulating as a possibility for the UCLA job, although I don't think he was interested. After him, I'd take Kirk Ferentz, who was also a candidate for one or two open jobs this offseason. If neither of those would accept, I'd take back Gus Malzahn.

Daimon

Attention Ole Miss fans: Did you see the Cotton Bowl? That is the coaching staff that is coming to Ole Miss. Still impressed with your hire?
Thats had to be the worst display of Arkansas football I have ever seen in my life! A pity,because I loved the solid red uniforms.sigh!

Riddlewire

Master
Don't blame them.
Nutt is a master at fooling people. He will always tell them exactly what they want to hear. Then he will go out and do the opposite. And his network of media allies and outright thugs helps him to bury all criticism, or intimidate it into silence. How else do you think he managed to stay employed at Fayetteville for a decade?
Although, the Rebs are unlikely to suffer as long as we did. Houston was a native Arkansan and had powerful friends in place to protect him. He has none of that in Oxford. Although I imagine he will devote his first year to cultivating those relationships. He better hurry, though. The speculation is that he has already gotten Ole Miss implicated in a NCAA recruiting violation (or criminal action) by having his departing coaches steal all the recruit films that were sent to the University of Arkansas. Good ol' Nutt.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Daimon

Ok, Ive got to ask: For many years broadcaster Paul Ells was the voice of the Razorbacks. Last summer he was killed when his car crossed the median and struck another car, whose driver was also killed.In events of this nature testing for drunk driving always occurred. His blood was sent off but somehow "lost" a few days later. I noticed the family of the other driver sued channel 7 and it was settled out of court in an undisclosed settlement. So I must ask: Was he drunk when he had the wreck?Edited by: Daimon

Riddlewire

Master
I never heard any more about it. It certainly didn't rate highly on the Demozette's priority list.
They probably know over at Hogville. But I doubt you could ask that question and not get banned over there.

Daimon

A paternity suit has been filled against Darrin McFadden by a Little Rock woman named Tiffany Rena Smith. I wonder what race she is?

backrow

Hall of Famer
with names like that, i am pretty sure she's black

"A paternity suit has been filed in Pulaski County court against former Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

Tiffany Rena Smith, who is listed in her motion as a Little Rock resident, filed a petition to establish paternity and child support on Jan. 18. Her daughter, Trinity Nevaeh Smith, was born on Oct. 2, 2007. Tiffany Smith's motion states that she believes McFadden is the biological father.

Tiffany Smith's attorney, Agather McKeel, declined to comment on the case. McKeel said there is no timetable set for trial, or when the paternity test will be done.

McFadden declared for the NFL draft on Jan. 14.

The case has been assigned to Judge Richard Moore in the 15th Division."

Perfect timing for her to come out and say something. Not soon after he declares, she comes with the paterity suit. Let this be a lesson to all athletes (especially ones with future pro contracts). Although she could be a girlfriend, I doubt it was more than a one night stand. But now Darren will have to live with this for the rest of his life if found true. Hopefull if the kid is his, he will take care of her (the kid that is). And I hope he doesn't end up like Travis Henry with nine children by nine different women.
smiley11.gif

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/25/broncos-running-ba ck-travis-henry-has-nine-children-by-nine-diff/