2006 Division I-AA Teams/Stars

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a nearly all-white South Dakota State team beat the mostly black University of Central Arkansas this past Saturday. of particular note, SDSU started a white tailback and an all-white secondary. in fact, i believe SDSU started just one black player on defense, a tackle.

despite being mostly blacks, UCA's starting QB is white, as is their best receiver, Aaron Fairooz.

a side note... we have several posters here who follow Minnesota high school football, and they might be interested. Minnesota's #2 all-time high school rusher is a freshman at SDSU. Kyle Minnett, a 5'11" 205-pound tailback, finished his prep career with 6,176 career yards, scoring 81 touchdowns, and i'm guessing 0 Division I scholarship offers... it looks like he is red-shirting this season.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

bigwhitehorse

Good to know. I was hoping they wouldn't go away from the white friendly system that has brought them this far. One thing I have noticed is that once these schools get bigger, they automatically think they need black skill players. SDSU has produced lots of talent over the last 5-10 years. Timmerman, Heiden, Viniteari, Ranek...And they were all from a D2 roster.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
bigwhitehorse said:
One thing I have noticed is that once these schools get bigger, they automatically think they need black skill players.  D>]

Oh yeah that is the truth. Marshall is a prime example of a predominatly white team in 1-AA. Then when they got into 1-A they became a little darker. When they went into the MAC they became darker. Now they're in Conference USA and look at the make up of the team. Whatever happened with sticking with the people who got you to where you are today.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
whiteCB, don't you know that you can't dance with the one that brought ya, if the one that brought ya can't dance?

at least, that is their reasoning... now that their program is in the big time they need "real" afaleets.
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Crap, I had a bunch of info and lost it all. I'll have to do it again.
smiley7.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
North Dakota State had a field day against all-black (according to their 2006 media guide) Mississippi Valley State, winning 45-0. RB Kyle Steffes had 16 runs for 86 yards and a TD, plus a 13 yard catch.

Georgia Southern beat Elon, but their runners didn't do well. RB Chris Covington had 11 runs for 8 yards and a 4 yard catch.

Rhode Island RB Joe Casey had 17 runs for 65 yards and a 14 yard grab. 2nd RB Jimmy Hughes had 6 runs for 17 yards and 2 catches for 14 yards.

Brown RB Brandon Markey had 7 runs for 15 yards and 2 catches for 7 yards. Princeton dual threat QB Jeff Terrell was 17/27 for 185 yards and 2 TDs, plus 57 yards on the ground on 15 runs. Princeton RB R.C. Lagomarsino had 11 runs for 23 yards and an 11 yard catch, while RB Rob Toresco had 7 runs for 34 yards and 4 catches for 41 yards and a TD.

Columbia WR Nick DeGasparis had 4 catches for 54 yards, while Penn RB Joe Sandberg had 21 carries for 101 yards and a score while also getting 3 grabs for 13 yards and a TD through the air. Penn WR Matt Carre had 4 receptions for 102 yards and WR Braden Lepisto had 4 catches for 41 yards in a 16-0 win over Columbia.

Harvard WR Corey Mazza had 4 catches for 45 yards and a TD in a win over Lafayette.

VMI RB Sean Mizzer ran for 71 yards and a TD on 26 runs, plus 4 grabs for 56 yards and a TD.

Southern Utah RB Johnny Sanchez had 9 runs for 24 yards and 3 catches for 30 yards in a loss to I-A Florida Atlantic Thursday.

South Dakota State RB Cory Koenig has 499 yards and 2 TDs on 93 carries this year. He also has 8 catches for 73 yards. SD State had the day off but they play at Cal Poly next week.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
ND State's Kyle Steffes lead all rushers in the game against Minnesota with 29 carries for 138 yards.

Georgia Southern's Chris Covington had 10 runs for 36 yards.

Penn's Joe Sandberg had 30 carries for 125 yards and a TD.

Brown's Joseph DiGiacomo had 9 runs for 50 yards and a score.

Princeton RB R.C. Lagomarsino had 9 for 25 and a TD.

Southern Utah's Johnny Sanchez had 8 runs for 38 yards.

VMI's Sean Mizzer had 20 carries for 61 yards and 2 catches for 11 yards.

Rhode Island's Joe Casey had 25 runs for 136 yards and a TD. Jimmy Hughes had 7 runs for 32 yards and 2 catches for 74 yards.

cslewis1

Guru
Interesting article about a DT at James Madison from the local paper in Harrisonburg, VA.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_ docid=114E4EC60AE1FED8&p_docnum=4

This is a white guy, a senior who was Defensive player of the week last week with JMU's upset of UNH.

Here's a quote from the Head Coach in the article: "We recruit athletes and then turn them into defensive linemen," Matthews said. "People always talk about how athletic we are as a defense. It's by design, it's not by accident."

Wonder what he means when he says "how athletic we are as a defense"? HMMMMMM.

JMU is beginning to look pretty strong going into the playoff run. Be fun to watch the D 1-aa playoffs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Maybe this is a coach who is somewhat colorblind, and actually puts the best people on the field. It sounds like he was praising the athleticism of his white DT. I'll have to look to see what their defense looks like.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
James Madison has the following white starters.

Offense
C-Scott Lemn
RT-Terrence Apted
FB-Will Patrick
QB-Justin Rascatti

Defense
DT-Chuck Suppon
DT-John Baranowsky
CB-Scotty McGee
FS-Tony LeZotte

They did start SS Nick Adams the first 4 games of the year, but not now.

cslewis1

Guru
Painful to see, but doesn't surprise me about JMU. I think the good coach was saying about his defense being so athletic is simply that it's much more black for a typical D1AA school.

It's funny, this guy was about to be sent packign two years ago, and then that year they won the Championship. I wonder what his team looked like back then as compared to now.

Either way it is a Caste system success story. Because if his team was whiter back then and losing, and now are winning with a much blacker team, that confirms the point of the Caste proponents.
If his team was the same back then and now are winning, it simply means his players are now buying into the program. Either way, we lose.

cslewis1

Guru
I am starting to enjoy D1AA quite a bit actually. They have a true playoff, a lot more white guys playing. So it makes it a whole lot easier to root for. This is what football should be.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I don't know CSLewis1, 4-5 white defensive starters is probably above average, even for a I-AA school. I think you really have to get down to DII level to find an average of white defensive starters that high, maybe even DIII. I could be wrong though. Either way, JMU will have a tough time making their way through the playoffs this year and winning a title. There are several whiter teams standing in their way.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Two good white RBs are on display on CSTV right now. Brown vs. Penn

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brown RB Brandon Markey didn't play, but Penn's RB Joe Sandberg had 21 for 62 and a TD.

Princeton RB R.C. Lagomarsino had 10 for 80.

New Hampshire RB Chad Kackert had 28 for 65.

Rhode Island RBs Joe Casey and Jimmy Hughes had 22 for 66 and 6 for 42 respectively.

I'll have more later.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
ND State won 31-7 over SUU. NDSU RB Kyle Steffes had 15 runs for 126 yards and 3 TDs plus 2 catches for 11 yards! Team-mates Kole Heckendorf had 4 catches for 51 yards, Tyler Roehl had 5 for 70 yards, LB/FB Mike Brower had 6 runs for 17 yards.

Southern Utah RB Johnny Sanchez had 9 carries for 33 yards. Bobby Pond had a 3 yard run and 3 catches for 21 yards. Craig Gritton had a 15 yard catch, and Brett Johanson had a 14 yard catch.

cslewis1

Guru
Colonel, look out for JMU. They put a hurting on RIchmond another top 20 team on Saturday and they have experience on the team. Their QB is a transfer from Louisville with a championship under his belt. They'll be tough to beat.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
There is only one I-AA versus I-A game today and it is Northwestern State at Ole Miss at 1PM Central. Northwestern State is a pretty black team, but whiter than Ole Miss. I imagine Ole Miss will roll in this one even though NSU is 4-4. Who knows though. NSU is Coach uh-O's alma-mater, and anything could happen. I just noticed that there are 4 young white DBs on Ole Miss' roster. Maybe a couple will start in the future. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Harvard WR Corey Mazza had 4 catches for 54 yards and a TD.

Columbia WR Austin Knowlin had 6 catches for 86 yards and a TD.

Brown RB Brandon Markey was back today in a big way, running 12 times for 82 yards.

Cornell QB Steven Liuzza, who splits time with another QB AKA Leak/Tebow ran 4 times for 91 yards and a TD. Nathan Ford, probably a RB, but listed as a QB had 16 runs for 80 yards and 2 TDs. RB Luke Siwula had 17 runs for 67 yards and a 23 yard TD catch.

Dartmouth WR Ryan Fuselier had 5 catches for 96 yards.

Georgia Southern's RB Chris Covington had 10 runs for 77 yards and a TD plus a 9 yard catch.

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Penn RB Joe Sandberg had 23 runs for 173 yards and 2 catches for 48 yards in an overtime loss to Princeton.
WR Braden Lepisto had 6 grabs for 62 yards and Matt Carre had 5 for 114 yards and 2 scores. FB Nick Cisler had a 1 yard TD run and 3 catches for 27 yards. WR Billy May had 3 catches for 55 yards.

Princeton RB Rob Toresco had 19 runs for 66 yards plus a 9 yard catch. R.C. Lagomarsino had 11 runs for 41 yards. RB Bill Foran ran 6 times for 84 yards. QB Jeff Terrell ran for 24 yards and a TD on 9 tries, plus he threw for 3 TDs.

I imagine this was quite a game to see.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Weekend of December 9

Well, there isn't as much to cover this week, but here are the numbers. Montana WR Ryan Bagley is a good one, with 53 catches, 699 yards, and 4 TDs coming into this game. There is also CB/KR Tuff Harris.

On the other side of the field, we just have Massachusetts TE Ian Jorgensen who has 5 catches for 40 yards and 2 TDs on the year, but had a big game catching a TD last week.

Tomorrow, Appalachian State plays Youngstown State. A-State has TE Daniel Bettis that I have not kept up with much this year.

Youngstown State has a Dual Threat QB in Tom Zetts, who has run for almost 400 yards and 4 TDs while throwing for almost 2000 yards and 13 scores.

Anyway, here are the players and their stats for this week.

Montana WR Ryan Bagley 2 for 26
WR Rob Schulte 6 for 57
TE Daniel Beaudin 2 for 16
RB Brady Green 2 runs for 3 yards and a TD

Appalachian State TE Daniel Bettis 1 catch for 27 yards
QB Trey Elder 1 run for 5 yards

Youngstown State QB Tom Zetts 10 runs for 28 yards
TE Louis Irizarry had a 32 yard catch

Gary

Mentor
Colonel Reb-there are two very White college football teams in Iowa that made it to the playoffs-Central Dutch [Pella,Iowa] and Northwestern Red Raiders [Orange City,Iowa].Do you know if Mt.Union in Ohio is still mostly White?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes they are Gary. If you will look down the college football page, you'll see a Division III playoff thread and there is a lot of info about them there.

Gary

Mentor
Colonel Reb-there is a real good football team from Carroll College in Montana.They are very White.I think they have one black on the whole team.I think this college is in Helena,Montana.One of my favorite all time movies is "The Devil's Brigade" which was filmed in Utah but the Army Camp-Fort William Henry Harrison was really in Helena.I don't like the last part of the movie to much because I don't like to see White men killing other White Men,but the training they went thru really puts me in the mood to start a camp for young White males to learn Judo,lift weights and get tough.