2006 Division I-AA Teams/Stars

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
2006 Division 1-AA National Championship</font>

I figured I'd go on and get everyone ready for the championship game this weekend. I know it isn't called the 1-AA championship anymore, but you know me, I'm sticking with the familiar!
smiley36.gif
It comes on at 7PM Central on ESPN 2.

Appalachian State has TE Daniel Bettis, along with backup QBs Trey Elder and Chase Laws who come in for occasional runs, and Freshman WR Josh Johnson will see the field as well. On defense, LB Cam Speer has 56 total tackles, 1.5 TFLs, a forced fumble, and 3 QB hurries. All-American Safety Corey Lynch has 78 total tackles, 4 TFLs, a fumble recovery, 4 INTs, 5 pass break-ups, and 1 QB hurry. Safety Billy Riddle, who backs-up Lynch and plays at the other spot a little, had 23 total tackles, 1 TFL, and 1 QB hurry this year.

Massachusetts has TE Ian Jorgenson, QB Liam Coen, WR Mike Omar. LB Jason Hatchell leads the defense with 126 total tackles, 6.5 TFLs, 6 Pass Break-ups, 1 sack, and 2 fumble recoveries that he forced. LB Brad Anderson is third on the team's defense, with 108 total tackles with 5.5 TFLs, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 4 pass break-ups and 2 Forced Fumbles. DE John Hatchell, brother of Jason, has had a solid year with 36 total tackles, 8.5 TFLs, 5 sacks, a pass break-up, a fumble recovery, and 3 forced fumbles. John is the strongest player in UMass football history after breaking his own bench press record this season, lifting 520 pounds, besting his old mark of 500 set in 2005! NT Jason Leonard had 29 total tackles, 2.5 TFLs and 5 pass break-ups.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, the game is on right now. For some reason I thought it would be tomorrow night.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A-State won 28-17, with Josh Johnson getting a 15 yard catch and Daniel Bettis getting a 4 yarder. UMASS WR Michael Omar had an 8 yard run.

Now, get ready for the really white games tomorrow!

Divison II-ESPN2 at 11 Central

NAIA-CSTV at 12 Central

Division III-ESPN at 3 Central