White Runningbacks Lead The Way

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes he is from NJ Toby. He wasn't the best running back in the state his senior year. I hate sounding like a broken record but Ray Van Peenan was the best tailback and he ending up walking on at Rutgers. I have no clue what happened to him after that though. This year Rivals and Scout are hyping up afflete Tony Jones who plays tailback for Don Bosco as the best back in the state.

StarWars

Mentor
I was looking at the MA recruits and was amazed to find that BC's confirmed recruit Jimmy McCaffrey is white! His highlights show some great speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb-SdSdYos0 Also, apparently a CB named Jordan Johnson has commited to BYU. I was also disgusted to see that our best RB, Connor Ressel, is nowhere to be found on scout.com.

I was amused to see an affletic CB that I personally burned myself for a 50 yd pt return (literally ran around him) this year early in the season is getting interest from just about every Ivy League school. Apparently he has "great closing speed."

whiteathlete33 said:
Yes he is from NJ Toby. He wasn't the best running back in the state his senior year. I hate sounding like a broken record but Ray Van Peenan was the best tailback and he ending up walking on at Rutgers. I have no clue what happened to him after that though. This year Rivals and Scout are hyping up afflete Tony Jones who plays tailback for Don Bosco as the best back in the state.

Wow whiteathlete, I really wish you didnt give me that name Tony Jones. Just for fun, I looked at his profile on Rivals and compared it to Dillion Romain, the previous starting halfback at Don Bosco and previous NJGatorade Player of the Year, and I am JUST STEAMING MAD!!!! I know I am preaching to the choir, but.....Im just at a loss for words!!!

The black midget"afflete"(Tony Jones)- the (according to Rivals) 14th best all purpose back in the country, runs a 4.56 40, is listedfrom anywhere between 5'6"-5'9"weights 178 lbs, had under 500 yds rushing and is beingcourted by Miami, Michigan, UCLA, Rutgers,and others

Dillion Romain- 4.46-4.49(varies bysource) 40, 5'10"-5'11" weighs 210 lbs, had 1435 yds and 25 tds andrecieved a big fat ZERO D1 offers!!!

So, let me get this straight, Jones is smaller, slower, and less productive than Romain but somehow hes a better football player?!? Give me a break!

I knoweveryone'sgonna saysomething like "why are you so shocked, its been happening for years," but I mean come on, how blatant can you be!!! Talk about an apples to apples comparison!

BTW-wasnt Danny Woodhead not recruited by D1 teams because he was "too short?" What about this slower, just as short, "little person??"

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes Woodhead was considered "too short," even though he had incredible physical gifts. This Tony Jones kid was ranked at 107 on Scout for the running back position. He had offers from Boston College and several other schools. No problem for him to get offers despite his size.

whiteathlete33 said:
This Tony Jones kid was ranked at 107 on Scout for the running back position. He had offers from Boston College and several other schools. No problem for him to get offers despite his size.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nj/football/recruiting/player-Tony-Jones-57417

14th best all purpose back for 2010 according to those nuts at Rivals. They list a bunch of other top colleges along with Boston College (Miami, UCLA, Rutgers, et al.)

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Also we have to look at it this way. We here admit that not every single white player is discriminated against because he's white but the truth is most are. Very few slip through the cracks and are allowed to play running back in college like Toby Gerhart, Jake Sharp, and Joe Martinek. There could be dozens and dozens more if it were a fair playing field. The argument that Martinek had offers is baseless. The argument about his SAT scores is baseless as well because how many blacks athletes have good SAT scores. I guarantee you that it is very few.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

StarWars said:
I was looking at the MA recruits and was amazed to find that BC's confirmed recruit Jimmy McCaffrey is white! His highlights show some great speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb-SdSdYos0 Also, apparently a CB named Jordan Johnson has commited to BYU. I was also disgusted to see that our best RB, Connor Ressel, is nowhere to be found on scout.com.

I was amused to see an affletic CB that I personally burned myself for a 50 yd pt return (literally ran around him) this year early in the season is getting interest from just about every Ivy League school. Apparently he has "great closing speed."

Thanks for the link StarWars, good stuff! I wish one of thesesuper fast,athletic white guys would do a case study, just to prove a point. The second they become freshman in high school, they should paint themselves black, jerry curl and all, just like in the movie Soul Man. By the time they're seniors, and signing day comes around, they reveal their true identity and see how many D1 teamsrenegeon their offer.How interesting would that be?

whiteathlete33 said:
That is some sick stuff Toby. Check out this blog on Dillon Romain. http://blog.nj.com/hssportsextra/2009/10/former_don_bosco_star_dillon_r/2811/comments-2.html

Some pretty stupid comments by the DWF's about Romain's SAT scores not being up to par, he may be too slow, and even mention of his height. They also mention how the white running back issue is bull because Joe Martinek got offers.

Its so funny you brought that article up. Yesterday, I emailed the SI article I posted, the one that brings to light the whole white running back issue, to a friend. He felt so bad for the guy Dillion Romain. He researched his name and then sent me that article you just posted.

I was gonna respond in the comments but the last one was posted in October I think. The gem of all gems is the DWF that say something like "maybe he didnt get any offers because hes too short. 5'10" is short for a tailback!!!"

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
There are actually two pages of comments and the last one was posted in mid November. I wonder what these idiots will say about Tony Jones getting all these offers but Romain getting none despite being faster, stronger, and bigger. How is this midget going to play running back at 180 lbs in college? We know that he doesn't even weigh that much. He is probably closer to 170lbs.

Riddlewire

Master
I have updated the original post with highlight vids for the players that have them available.
I am reposting the original list of players here since this thread has moved on to the second page.
Also, I'm still waiting to hear the final rushing statistical leaders for the state of Massachusetts.

alaska - Greg Ghramm, 1,115yds 12TD, JR
connecticut - Max Delorenzo, 2,154yds 26TD, JR
georgia - Nile Knapp, 2,192yds 31TD, no known offers
idaho - Devin Droghei, 1,553yds 15TD, no known offers
illinois - TJ Stinde, 3,325yds 46TD, no known offers
kansas - Jorden Oden, 2,559yds 38TD, no known offers
kentucky - Rees MacShara, 3,073yds 42TD, no known offers
maine - Bill Wetherbee, 1,886yds 30TD, no known offers
maryland - Greg Goodwin, 2,564yds 33TD, no known offers
massachusetts - Connor Ressel, 1,924yds 30TD, no known offers
montana - Chad Price, 1,560yds 16TD, no known offers
nebraska - Derek Blessing, 1,368yds 13TD, no known offers
new hampshire - Kevin Brady, 1,870yds 23TD, no known offers
north dakota - Jason Hagen, 1,117yds 16TD, no known offers
ohio - Ricky Buckler, 2,269yds 32TD, no known offers
oklahoma - Zack Langer, 2,346yds 38TD, no known offers
oregon - Coulter Mastenbroek, 2,525yds 36TD, no known offers
rhode island - Nicholas Keeling, 1,633yds 14TD, no known offers
south carolina - Parker Headley, 2,614yds 27TD, no known offers
south dakota - Jayd Knodell, 1,450yds 15TD, no known offers
utah - Dylan Chynoweth, 2,261yds 34TD, Service Academy offers only
vermont - Jesse Burke, 1,149yds 11TD, JR
virginia - David Williams, 2,548yds 23TD, no known offers
washington - Dylen Heaward, 2,086yds 34TD, no known offers
wisconsin - Dillon Bean, 2,042yds 13TD, JR
wyoming - Shawn Straub, 1,992yds 31TD, JR

I spent quite a long time looking for video footage of each of these players. But it's possible that I just missed it for the ones without links. If you know of highlight footage for any of these players that I couldn't find, please post it.

Edited by: Riddlewire

Riddlewire

Master
StarWars said:

Well, neither of those links say that he led the state in rushing. But, since I couldn't find any other information for the state of Massachusetts that shows someone with a higher total, I have updated the list to include Connor.

whiteathlete33 said:
There are actually two pages of comments and the last one was posted in mid November. I wonder what these idiots will say about Tony Jones getting all these offers but Romain getting none despite being faster, stronger, and bigger. How is this midget going to play running back at 180 lbs in college? We know that he doesn't even weigh that much. He is probably closer to 170lbs.

They wont say anything about the Tony Jones situation whiteathlete, you know it and I know it. They'll find any excuse but deep down they know, the scouts know, everyone knows why hes recieved more fanfare than Dillion Romain: black skin andthis crazyblack supremacy notion!!

Its interesting, today I was sitting around watching the NFLs Top Ten Gunslingers. They had Warren Moon on the list. They talked about the career he could've had in the NFL, showed him practicing at wide reciever (which was a joke, he's a QB), and it showed his Hall of Fame speech where he talked about being moved to WR when he first tried to get into the NFL because he was a "brotha." Its just so funny- no one calls him a racist or crazy for pointing out facts, know one thinks its far fetched that a black person could be stereotyped, but somehow the argument goes out the window when its vice versa. All of sudden we are "crazy racists?!?"

Merry Xmas everyone

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Toby Hillis said:
whiteathlete33 said:
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>They wont say anything about the Tony Jones situation whiteathlete, you know it and I know it. They'll find any excuse but deep down they know, the scouts know, everyone knows why hes recieved more fanfare than Dillion Romain: black skin andthis crazyblack supremacy notion!!</div>
<div></div>
<div>Its interesting, today I was sitting around watching the NFLs Top Ten Gunslingers. They had Warren Moon on the list. They talked about the career he could've had in the NFL, showed him practicing at wide reciever (which was a joke, he's a QB), and it showed his Hall of Fame speech where he talked about being moved to WR when he first tried to get into the NFL because he was a "brotha." Its just so funny- no one calls him a racist or crazy for pointing out facts, know one thinks its far fetched that a black person could be stereotyped, but somehow the argument goes out the window when its vice versa. All of sudden we are "crazy racists?!?" </div>
<div></div>
<div>Merry Xmas everyone</div>

I know the situation with Tony Jones. Don Bosco is a good football school and anyone who puts up good numbers there should be given a shot at Division I college football. Some say Romain was a product of the system because he was playing behind a good offensive line. What about Jones? He is playing behind an even better offensive line this year.

whiteathlete33 said:
That is some sick stuff Toby. Check out this blog on Dillon Romain. http://blog.nj.com/hssportsextra/2009/10/former_don_bosco_star_dillon_r/2811/comments-2.html

Some pretty stupid comments by the DWF's about Romain's SAT scores not being up to par, he may be too slow, and even mention of his height. They also mention how the white running back issue is bull because Joe Martinek got offers.

I posted a response in the comments section, went on a rant! I dont know if anyone will ever see it but I couldnt help myself!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I will check it out Toby. Hopefully the thread starts up again. I just read your comment. Good stuff! If anyone responds and the thread starts up again I will post some comments as well.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
FootballDad said:
I had posted this list to Scout.com
Here is the reply:
I hope your own reply was something like this:

He may be young (coaches may want to fill out this class before offering younger players)
Most of the players on the list are seniors.

the player's academic status may not look like he'll get into a d1 school
All of the players on the list are academically eligible. Most are honor students. One or two might be national merit scholars.

he may have not been promoted by his high school coaches, or by himself
All of the players on the list were either All-State or "Player of the Year" in their respective states. Most won other awards as well. At least several have made recruiting visits to colleges. How much more recognition is required?

Some of the states you've listed above are not "big" states in terms of population and therefore don't get the media attention of the states with more people.
Michael Dyer is Scout's #3 ranked runningback. He's from Arkansas (pop. ~2.8 million). He doesn't play at the highest level of high school football in the state. His team didn't win any championships. He didn't lead the state in rushing. Why does he have scholarship offers? Meanwhile, Zack Langer, Nile Knapp, and David Williams play in more populous states that have a well-known history of producing top football talent, and all three led their states in rushing. Yet none of them have a single scholarship offer.
I finally got around to replying to this doofus. I borrowed heavily from the wisdom of posters here at CF. Take a look at the thread here. I encourage folks from CF to bombard Scout with threads broaching these subjects, after all, you don't have to pay $$ to post on Scout's recruiting forums, unlike Caucasion Rivals, where you have to be a "premium" member to do anything. I refuse to fork over any $ to further the operations of these caste masters.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
FootballDad is Pryceisright just a member or someone from Scout?
I'm not sure. From looking through other posts, he seems to be like a moderator/expert, although his post signature looks like a member, and he doesn't have many posts on the "free" site.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Great post all the way around. The stats don't lie.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I just found the time to get back over to the Scout.com recruiting forum, and received a really, really lengthy reply from some guy with the forum name "BUILDEROFATHLETES" who left the longest, most garbage-filled reply imaginable. If you really want to see what goes on in the mind of the completely blind DWF just read this reply. He can't see the forest for the trees, and posts the longest, most ignorant post that I think I've read. At the end, he pats himself on the back for such great wisdom
smiley29.gif
I'll have to dig up measurables (what I can find, at least) on some of these guys to throw it back at them. If nothing else, the other people that read the posts might be able to see what's going on before I have to point-blank just say it.

stik

On a side note Matt Perez, a white kid from Illinois state champs maine south, was named Chicago Tribune player of the year. Matt got a full ride at Indiana, hopefully they'll leave him at running back.