what's the story behind your handle?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mine's self-explanatory, and I'm glad we have moved on from discussing manboobs.
smiley2.gif

foobar75

Master
Foobar = Fubar = F*cked Up Beyond Any Repair

This is how I felt (and still do feel) about the state of professional sports in Amerika as well as the overall direction of the rest of the country back when I joined 3 years ago. And every time something good happens, like Duke winning it all last year or Peyton Hillis/Danny Woodhead coming onto the scene, we get the latest census report and how hispanics are out-growing everyone while Whites are declining in numbers, and it's a sober reminder that things may not be getting any better.

7 was my HS basketball jersey number, and 5 was my football number, which is the 75 at the end of Foobar. I played forward/safety, respectively.

And I'm glad to report I have no manboobs to speak of.
smiley1.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Lost , every so often you strike at the heart of a thread or issue. Case in point regarding ur last post!
smiley4.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
lost, I got your post describing the birth of your handle, but whats with the Doberman pincher? I selected the Bear for California.

TheAnimal

Guru
My name is twofold.....

First, growing up I was a big NWA and WWF Wrestling fan and especially liked The Road Warriors, Hawk and Animal. When Road Warrior Animals son James Laurinaitis was at Ohio State everyone was calling him "the baby animal." Well when He was drafted I quipped "he's THE Animal now!" and been referring to him as such since. He's my favorite player in all of sports currently.

The second part is a philosophy i've long lived by and one of the reasons I liked the Road Warriors. As a youth when I was starting to tryout for multiple sports and got into weightlifting I asked this massive looking guy at the gym for advice on gaining weight and performance for sports. His piece of advice was quite simple. Be an Animal. The weights are your prey, not your friend so treat it as such. The other player across from you isn't your pal or a nice guy, he's an invader to your surroundings, trounce him. Like a tiger you're a hunter, everything else is the hunted.

It was a piece of philosophy that has worked well in the gym and out, on the field and off as well as in business dealings. I tend to gravitate towards athletes that show that mindset and it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I thought "okay, what's a sports related name I can use?" Consider it a tribute to James Laurinaitis and a bodybuilder from several decades ago who set a young white kid on the right track.

Westside

Hall of Famer
TheAnimal, when you mentioned Laurinatis, I think of the epic character in the greatest action movie of all time, Leonitis(spelling?) of 300.

SPARTA!!!!!!!

j41181

Master
j41181 means...

j - John
4 - April
11 - 11
81 - 1981

nothing special and pretty meaningless.
smiley36.gif

i'll be very blunt on my reason for being here

My curiosity for the dilemma of white athletes began in 1998, after getting tired of seeing NBA games full of black faces. The same was apparent in boxing, and running events. My support for white athletes kicked into high gear with the emergence of both Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash (always been a big basketball fan). I ran into this site by chance in 2005, at first just a quiet, but enthusiastic observer. Dallas' failure to win the 2006 NBA ring sparked some interest for me to join this site, but the final straw came when practically Boston won it all in 2008. The ascension of Obama (although McCain was no better) added insult to injury. As y'all know by now, I ain't the smartest poster around, I like to keep it straight and simple in whatever insights I can provide.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I started out as Bunnyman as my favorite musical group is Echo & the Bunnymen.

Then I had major computer problems and disappeared for a bit. When I tried to register again I could not use Bunnyman as it kept saying "already taken."

Liverlips is in honor of The Jerky Boys. Me and my friends in college got more laughs from that CD than anything else.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
LL, I had a few Jerky Boys cassette tapes back in the 90s. Those mugs used to crack me up as well...tough guy!
smiley2.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
lost said:
I've been waitting for Kaptain Poo to poston this thread, because I would really like to know the story behind that name!
smiley68.gif

I'm waiting for that answer too. Maybe Kaptain can shed some light on it!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
LL, I had a few Jerky Boys cassette tapes back in the 90s. Those mugs used to crack me up as well...tough guy!
smiley2.gif

I used to laugh so hard my shoes would fall off - just like Sol Rosenberg ...
smiley36.gif

whiteCB

Master
Well mine is pretty self explanatory. I was a white cornerback growing up playing high school football. Dustin Fox also was an inspiration for the name as the last starting white CB on a national championship college football team (2002 Ohio State). He was and still is my favorite college athlete of all time.

Bronk

Mentor
Very interesting thread.

I don't get to post here much thses days because I'm hacking away at my master's degree, working full time and trying to keep track of my family. But as a treat to myself on my 50th birthday, I thought I'd amble over for a look-see. Thanks for the kind words, Reb.

In high school I played fullback in the old triple option-oriented Veer offense (I'll explain what that means to you whippersnappers some other time). One afternoon the QB gave me the ball. I crashed into the DE and spun off, hit the LB and bounced off, ran over a safety or something and finally fell down from sheer exhaustion about 30-yards later with one guy hanging on to my back and another wrapped around my ankles. When I got to the sidelines my coach grabbed me and said "You're out there running like a buckin' bronco!" From then on, I was Bronk. Some of my old friends from those days still call me Bronk.

Don't think I'm bragging because, truth is, I was running absoloutely blind on that play. I wasn't trying to break tackles, I was trying to get away from those guys but I just kept running into them. If I hadn't hit 'em I'd likely have fallen on my face, they actually kept me upright.

TwentyTwo

Master
Interesting thread!

After lurking a while...was watching the Florida/Georgia game in late October 09'; Riley Cooper makes a tremendous one handed TD grab...could not contain the excitment; had to post and had to think of a name quick!

Saw a Fourty Four here on CF..so Twenty Two came to mind since some of my favorite RB's happen to wear #22 in the NFL at the time...Jacob Hester; Peyton Hillis(now 40); and Danny Woodhead(now 39)

Also my Wife & I's first date was on a Feb 22nd...just over two years later we married on a June 22nd...and our second kid was concieved on the 22nd story of a hotel...this happens to be my 522nd post too!Edited by: TwentyTwo