what's the story behind your handle?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Mine is not nearly as detailed or layered as some of the other posters who have described their handles. I'm simply the dad of a very talented skill position football (and basketball, track) player, and a part-time youth coach of mostly-white teams. Noticing the dearth of white skill players in D1 college football, to say nothing of the pros, I started researching "white running backs" and such, and stumbled upon this website. Our path will be difficult, but at least I have caste awareness and have an idea how to combat/promote as he progresses through school. I'm proud to be a FootballDad!

devans

Mentor
This thread has really made me wish I had put a bit more effort into thinking up my user name. Some great stories - but none better than fromtired old white.
Mine is simply a made up name to maintain my anonymity. My name is not Dave Evans, or anything similar. Pretty boring really.
I'll do better next time.

foreverfree

Mentor
My handle antedates my "awakening". I first used it when I registered on freerepublic.com (a conservative mb) back at the turn of the millenium. I was thinking of "then, thenceforward and forever free" from Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation when I came up with the handle.

It was through freerepublic.com that I discovered stormfront.org in 2004, which "awakened" me, and soon after that, through stormfront.org, I discovered CF. Out of shear laziness at both moments, I guess
smiley9.gif
, I used my FR handle to register on SF and CF rather than use different handles.

John

Riddlewire

Master
riddlewire
-noun
As a philosophical construct, a barrier that constitutues an intellectual prison of obfuscation

It's not the thin wire that prevents the one ton bull from escaping, it's the animal's preference for avoiding discomfort brought on by the barbs. Likewise, western civilization is held captive by its own reluctance to confront the unpleasant task of breaching the façade constructed around it by those who mean to rule. By design, the information that greets each of us is intended to be so overwhelming and so conflicting as to be impossible to discern any truth in the world. The idea is to create such a complex puzzle that people would rather not even begin to attempt to assemble it, instead preferring to placate their minds with the small pleasures provided by the wardens who maintain the prison. It's not a wire of steel barbs that make up the fence. It's a wire of riddles.

Although the definition is mine, I didn't invent the word. I heard it in a film I watched back in high school about the Soviet Union. Some Russian was trying to explain why people were so easily mollified under communism, even when their lives were getting worse and worse. His poor command of English led to the rather shoddy metaphor that I described in the definition above.

I always use a different nickname for every forum and website I'm a member of. Unfortunately, I just chose a word that I thought was unique enough that there was no danger of anyone else using it anywhere. However, I failed to do an actual search first. Not only are there plenty of other people who use the word as their online names, they've been doing so for much longer than I have. Next time, I'll just go with "Dude #XY". No more meaningful names.

DWFan

Mentor
Well, you guys created mine. When I signed up, I had been reading for a while, and you guys' vocabulary had strongly infected me. DWF was my favorite but it wouldn't accept a three letter handle.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
It's not the thin wire that prevents the one ton bull from escaping, it's the animal's preference for avoiding discomfort brought on by the barbs. Likewise, western civilization is held captive by its own reluctance to confront the unpleasant task of breaching the façade constructed around it by those who mean to rule. By design, the information that greets each of us is intended to be so overwhelming and so conflicting as to be impossible to discern any truth in the world. The idea is to create such a complex puzzle that people would rather not even begin to attempt to assemble it, instead preferring to placate their minds with the small pleasures provided by the wardens who maintain the prison. It's not a wire of steel barbs that make up the fence. It's a wire of riddles.
That's a really astute observation. I especially like the bull analogy because that's what we COULD be as a society if we ever realized how much strength we have. Instead we are the proverbial sheep. Great handle story as well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
DWFan said:
Well, you guys created mine. When I signed up, I had been reading for a while, and you guys' vocabulary had strongly infected me. DWF was my favorite but it wouldn't accept a three letter handle.

And here I thought it stood for Don Wassall Fan.
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
DWFan said:

And here I thought it stood for Don Wassall Fan.
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif

there's still a LOT of you posters out there who haven't shared. pony up some stories, gents (and ladies!).
smiley20.gif

Wristshot

I didn't put much thought into my handle. I use to play hockey and I had a pretty accurate wristshot. ho-hum. (buy silver)

I'm sure you guys can figure out mine and it kinda sounded like a real name, had a "Dobie Gillis" ring to it. Best names, IMO:

Bigunreal
Riddlewire
Thrashen

I also really like andseem to laugh once in awhile when I see the moniker, "Run Stuffing LB"

Menelik

Mentor
During my ahem trolling days I used my current moniker when visiting WN sites to see would anyone pickup on who menelik was. The only one who did was White Shogun. Is he still around?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, White Shogun posted a couple of times last week. He isn't on as often as he used to be. My work has kept me away more than usual as of late, but I wish men like Shogun and Bronk would post more often.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
When I was about 10, an older mudboy (that I knew, or thought I did..) accused me of hitting his little cousin. I responded with, "What are you talking about? When was this supposed to have occurred? I don't even 'hangout' with your little cousin.."

Since he obviously had a vendetta against me and would not understand "reason" -- I started running down the dirt road, aligned by houses, and he started chasing me.. and I actually ran a few hundred yards before being caught. He repeatedly slammed my face into a nearby chainlink fence. When he got tired of being "tough" -- he left. Well, with some abrasions, I survived alright.

As I walked home that day, I was angry. Kind of a calm, but seering anger. I had figured that he was angry about his own "life" so he just created a mythical "slight." I got home and told my folks what happened. They told me that that family is full of druggies.

I told my parents that I wanted to be a tough alpha-male and that I wasn't going to be screwed-over again. Soon after, my weightlifting journey began. I've now reached APC (Armored Personnel Carrier) status. I continue to get accused of roiding when I'm not. I simply inherited strong Irish genes. White men can HAVE MUSCLE, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
When I was about 10, an older mudboy (that I knew, or thought I did..) accused me of hitting his little cousin. I responded with, "What are you talking about? When was this supposed to have occurred? I don't even 'hangout' with your little cousin.."

Since he obviously had a vendetta against me and would not understand "reason" -- I started running down the dirt road, aligned by houses, and he started chasing me.. and I actually ran a few hundred yards before being caught. He repeatedly slammed my face into a nearby chainlink fence. When he got tired of being "tough" -- he left. Well, with some abrasions, I survived alright.

As I walked home that day, I was angry. Kind of a calm, but seering anger. I had figured that he was angry about his own "life" so he just created a mythical "slight." I got home and told my folks what happened. They told me that that family is full of druggies.

I told my parents that I wanted to be a tough alpha-male and that I wasn't going to be screwed-over again. Soon after, my weightlifting journey began. I've now reached APC (Armored Personnel Carrier) status. I continue to get accused of roiding when I'm not. I simply inherited strong Irish genes. White men can HAVE MUSCLE, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Deadlift, I think you are preaching to the choir as far as the white men and muscle thing. Have you seen any strongmen competitions?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33,

Yes, I watch strongman. In general, however, people have misconceptions about muscles/strength. I don't have to lift for hours on end.

Who does heavy squats for hours? Who does heavy push presses for hours? It saddens me that there are people that don't lift because they think it will take all of their time. And, say if someone likes a few compound lifts, it's not "wrong" to just focus on those lifts. One doesn't have to do "isolation" work for every muscle. Lifting is a good discipline, and it really does get the endorphins flowing and the mind awakens.

Some dummies also claim that White men are "lacking" in the testosterone department. I probably have more test than Chris Rock and the Wayans Bros combined!
smiley2.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In due time, I just might.. My upper-body has gotten stacked and I'm proud of the work that I've put in. I've recently gotten over some plateaus.

I do have slight gyno (or maybe I'm just hoping it's "slight").. It doesn't really bother me, but I'll probably be accused of being a "miniature" Andre Smiff in that area.. but, the difference being, that I have a ton more muscle (and definition) in the shoulders and traps.

I would like to take a picture (I haven't yet) of a front flex, not a full power-flex, but a slight flex that shows my large, striated shoulders and my solid traps. I do have an old Polaroid picture from when my stomach was especially fat, and I had thin arms, and NO shoulders/traps WHATSOEVER (and I was trying to "flex" in that pic)!! I may have to post a "before-and-after!"
smiley36.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Real quick what does "gyno" mean? Is it man boobs? I guess my advance would is too take two capsules of "Hydroxycut" on a empty stomach chased down with no sugar Ice Tea, work out and then a full aspirin later on. I have gotten great results for a 45 year old dude.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
In due time, I just might.. My upper-body has gotten stacked and I'm proud of the work that I've put in. I've recently gotten over some plateaus.

I do have slight gyno (or maybe I'm just hoping it's "slight").. It doesn't really bother me, but I'll probably be accused of being a "miniature" Andre Smiff in that area.. but, the difference being, that I have a ton more muscle (and definition) in the shoulders and traps.

I would like to take a picture (I haven't yet) of a front flex, not a full power-flex, but a slight flex that shows my large, striated shoulders and my solid traps. I do have an old Polaroid picture from when my stomach was especially fat, and I had thin arms, and NO shoulders/traps WHATSOEVER (and I was trying to "flex" in that pic)!! I may have to post a "before-and-after!"
smiley36.gif

Deadlift, do you think it's real gynocomastia or pseudo gynocomastia? If it's pseudo you just have a bit of fat in that area. You can buy creams that you put on your skin and help to burn fat in trouble spots.

If it's real gyno you would have to go for surgery and get it cut out. The way to tell is to see if you have any lumps in that area.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The hijacking of threads is getting a little ridiculous of late. There are plenty of forums to start tangential conversations.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33,

I am pretty confident that I have gyno. However, I'm probably more self-conscious about the pockets of fat I have on the sides' of my pecs (near my lats).

I repeat, I'm not a sumo.. I'm not a sumo..

The Hock

Master
Don Wassall said:
The hijacking of threads is getting a little ridiculous of late.  There are plenty of forums to start tangential conversations. 

I agree. I've been following this thread because it's a really fun topic, so I log in and see five new posts, think I'll see some interesting stories about handles, only to stumble into a discussion about "man boobs."

Pleeeeze.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Of course Andy Van Slyke was my inspiration. He was the CF on my favorite Pirate teams of the late '80s and early '90s. He was a perennial Gold Glove winner with a cannon arm. It's a shame that his back started going out on him from '91 or he could've put up better numbers, especially at the plate.

When Van Slyke was in St. Louis, of course he was shuttled between 1B/3B/RF because, well, it just wouldn't have made sense to put such a tremendous athlete in the OF full-time, let alone CF. (The best athletes in the middle of the OF had to be the Willie McGee/Vince Coleman types.)

When Van Slyke arrived in Pittsburgh in '87, he started the first month or two of the season in RF, til Jim Leyland realized he would be better than Barry Bonds in center. (Bonds' career was lengthened because of the move(and steroids) while Van Slyke took the pounding of the old Three Rivers Stadium turf and it shortened his.

Oh, for the good ol' days for Pittsburgh fans like me, LabMan, and Skipperron!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
let's get this thread re-focused, gentlemen.

i've enjoyed reading about so many of the posters here, but there are a LOT of folks who've not yet shared their tale.so, if you've not yet shared your story, please do so.
smiley20.gif

Paleocon

Guru
My forum name is short for paleoconservative which I'm sure was not a mystery to anyone.