Week 10 2009

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The question now is will Gradkowski be the starter next game. Last time Russell got benched in the middle of one game he was the starter the next game. They should let Gradkowski start from now on. I am sure all the bruvas on the team will rally behind Russell and show their support.

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, there's no way that should count as interception, NFL should revise that. this one was all on Hayward-Bey. that was a paerfect throw by Gradkowski...

Kaptain

Master
Gradakowski actually looked good, but boy was this a game that showed the comical state of black recieving in the NFL. Heyward Bey ends the game by bouncing a softly thrown ball off his chest and into the defenders hands.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Bucs gave the Dolphins a run for their money today. Thank god the Dolphins won or we would have to hear about what a great quaterback Josh Freeman is all week.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
"boy was this a game that showed the comical state of black recieving in the NFL...."

And come the NFL scouting combine we'll hear about the next crop of black receivers with freakish ability, with virtually no attention to football skills. Meanwhile, Dick Vermeil will put in a guest appearance and recommend that the one or two white RBs in attendance go to 250 lbs. because they're good for nothing other than FB.Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

backrow

Hall of Famer
hey at least we'll get some real wide receivers on Sunday night. Welker, Collie, Clark and i think Edelman is active and healthy enough to play.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is a game tonight that I had circled back at the start of the season. For a change, an NFL Game that I really care about. Thanks of course to these teams being alot more fair when it comes to playing white football players. Welker and Clark are as good at their positions as anyone in the whole league. I don't know who to root for. Probably leaning towards Manning to keep the perfect season alive. I just want all of our guys to play really good tonight.

kre08

Guru
Showing him after the play he looked like he couldn't even use his broken arm. I read he wasn't supposed to play today, that catch was a nice surprise and a real testement to his toughness.

kre08

Guru
This is a pretty enjoyable game to watch. Between Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, and Julian Edelman we have plenty of our guys to keep an eye on. Heck, there's even a whiteish tailback in Donald Brown.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wright got a start on the Pats defense tonight - giving them 8 starters.

So Reed Doughty, the only paleface allowed on the Blackskins defense, leads the team in tackles today. Think that'll make Snyder and Zorn allow another non-black to play on defense?

Also, saw that the Blackskins started a black TE with Cooley injured. Yet the other white tight end - Yoder - scored their first touchdown.

Black skin privilege is alive and well in DC!

kre08 said:
This is a pretty enjoyable game to watch. Between Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, and Julian Edelman we have plenty of our guys to keep an eye on. Heck, there's even a whiteish tailback in Donald Brown.
donald-brown.jpg

I'd say Brown has more white than black in him, but of course, it's the blackness that allows him to be a RB. (sarcasm)

foobar75

Master
Wow, what a game that was! Very questionable call by Belichik at the end to go for it on 4th down. I don't think the best team won, but honestly, I did not have a horse in this game, and I'm fine with the Colts victory tonight. Peyton Manning did not have his best game out there, but he's without a doubt the best player in the NFL. He came thru in the clutch when it mattered.

SoberWF

Fantastic game tonight. Just when Peyton needed them most, I thought Dallas and Austin were huge down the stretch.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
My goodness... Belichick is finished. One of the first things said after the game was "Jim Caldwell goes to 9-0." As far as I'm concerned, this was a more racial match-up than many MMA or boxing bouts. Something is really suspicious about what transpired. Either that, or Bill should be checked-out (by a doctor) for the possible on-set of dementia.

Hey Bill, if you want to be a "tough mofo" (which I'm all for) - try running the ball on 3rd and 2. If it comes to 4th and 1, maybe you can run the ball again. It's just like how Mack Brown under-utilizes his White O-line. It makes me sick. I like how the Miami Dolphins' pound defenses with their O-line.

Passing and more passing and more passing makes me want to hurl. I wasn't surprised that the pass on 3rd and 2 could have been picked off. I was embarrassed for my White skin for a good 3 hours after that debacle had concluded. When it comes to sports, I don't get that piercing feeling often. No, Brady didn't suck. Welker didn't suck. Vollmer didn't suck... but I certainly expect several more black coaches now.

That this disaster happened on the weekend of Friday the 13th makes it even more awful.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Vollmer kept Freeney out of the box score. that he did so without much help is even more impressive!

bigunreal

Mentor
Another week of awful NFL games. The level of play continues to hit new lows each week. It's almost impossible for me to watch the horrendous play of most black WRs, knowing that guys like Matt Jones, Mike Hass and John Standeford languish on practice squads or the umemployment liness. I also rooted for the Redskins for one of the few times in recent years. That was nice to see the odious coach Eminem lose- looks like the wheels are coming off the bus there. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Hillis inactive? There are no words for that....

The Patriots-Colts game was infurating to me. It was one of those games where Manning saw "black" all the time. He almost ignored Dallas Clark -thanfully, the jock sniffers were there to explain how the Patriots were "taking away" this great receiving threat. They didn't mention why the Patriots never decided to "take away" black WR Reggie Wayne- who was targeted constantly. While Austin Collie was only targeted a handful of times (and often not on the field- the team opting to play a nondescript black TE, reminding me of how they eliminated Brandon Stokley from the offense a few years back), Pierre "Hands of Stone" Garcon was targeted at least 13 times, by my rough estimate. He caught THREE of those numerous throws. That's an incredible number of targets for a laughable talent like that, and an embarassing converstion rate. I always maintain that Reggie Wayne demands that Manning hold down the throws to his great white players, and forces him to throw to him and Garcon. Certainly, Clark's 14 catches last week had to irk him and sting his affletic pride.

As for the "fantastic finish" itself, again this is why I think these games are fixed. Belicheck's decision to go for it on fourth down in his own territory was mind boggling and unprecedented. But, just as he takes little or no criticism for running up the score on opponents routinely, this coaching legend is taking surprisingly little heat from the jock sniffers for this puzzling decision. "Greenie" just came out in support of him.

Another thing that keeps driving me crazy are the handful of "chosen" RBs in the league that pile up incredile receiving numbers out of the backfield. Marshall Faulk did this with the Rams, and Priest Holmes did with the Chiefs. Now we have Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Steven Jackson, Ray Rice and Maurice Jones-Drew. Most of these guys play for teams with little or nothing at WR. Their opponents allegedly watch hours of film each week in game preparation. Somehow, they don't catch on to the fact that these players are constantly targeted for dumps and screens out of the backfield. Watch the highlights- you'll often see a Johnson or a Rice catch a ball and run downfield with no defenders in the picture. It's as if the defense agrees to clear out that side of the field for the "chosen" player. How can a team not assign a defender to shadow these guys, and tell them that "Johnson/Rice/Jones-Drew is not going to beat us." You know, they way the Patriots supposedly told their defense regarding Dallas Clark. Anyhow, just another of my pet peeves. Maybe they're all on Goodell's fantasy football rosters....

Tom Iron

Mentor
I wonder about this situation with Hillis. It seems to me that he must have gone to the coach awhile ago and asked directly, what's going on, are you going to play me or not? It would seem to me, that if he doesn't suit up this coming week, or doesn't get some touches, I guess that's what happened.

Tom Iron...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
At least San Diego defeated Philly. I'm a big Philip Rivers fan.

Denver and San Diego are now tied atop the division, with Denver having beaten San Diego one time already this season.

GWTJ

Mentor
Anyone notice that whenever the scores were updated by a James Brown or Chris Berman type, the Titans-Bills score was also prefaced with a Vince Young comment. Every announcer qualified his statement with a comment like, '"The Titans, now 3-0 with Vince Young as the QB, beat the Bills". I did not hear any announcer not do it, on any channel. The script went out to every media person on the planet.
smiley5.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
big unreal, dallas Clark had a double coverage on him most of the time. there's only so many players they can cover like that, and they gameplanned to take away the safest target, a guy who caught 14 last week... no conspiracy here, man. Collie was targeted a fair few times, not much as Garcon, and he had only one drop to Garcon's three (if i recall correctly).

and i would agree on belichick's decision, however isn't it the nature of this guy to rub it in and go against the grain? if it was anyone else, i would be more doubtful.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The Colts-Patriots game might become a part of football lore kind of like the "Hiedi"Â￾ game and the "Snow Plow"Â￾ game. The Colts were outplayed for the most part. The debacle at he end was super strange. Belichick has a personality disorder of some sorts, which doesn‘t bother me. Too bad it's leaking over to his coaching decisions. As far as Jim Caldwell, he is very fortunate - right place, right time. His record at Wake Forest was horrendous.

bigunreal

Mentor
Backrow,

Most of the time when Manning threw to Wayne, there was more than one guy on him. Even Garcon had more than one man on him a few times. Diva WRs are routinely double covered, let this doesn't stop the QB from force feeding them numerous targets each game. Yet when a team brings extra help to cover a white receiver, the QB basically ignores him. I say it's because the white player will not complain, and the black WRs like Wayne will strongly object to a white guy like Clark stealing their thunder. Imo, this trend will continue- no way will they let a white TE lead the league in receptions.

My contention is that almost any WR can put up good numbers if they are targeted as often as Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, etc. Look at Collie- he has produced twice as much as Garcon, but been given only a fraction of the looks. Why? Why would a great QB like Manning not realize who his best receivers are? The answer is obvious. I love Manning, but he ticked me off royally the way he ignored his supposed "best friend" Brandon Stokely the year after he'd gained 1000 yards and was an integral part of their high flying offense. Stokley's career never recovered from that. Now he has to suffer the insult of playing behind the atrocious Jabar Gaffney in Denver. Dallas Clark is the Colts' best reciever, and Collie obviously should be starting. Imo, Clark will never be as great as he could, because Manning and the team will hold down his numbers so as not to upset Wayne and the other affletes.

Even overhyped, moderally skilled WRs like T.J. Houshmenslowdah can get their QB to force the ball to them. T.J., who is almost as obnoxious as former teammate Ocho Cinco, whined and cried a few weeks back about not getting the ball thrown to him (after a game in which he had numerous targets and failed to catch most of them- another fantastic affletic ability whites don't possess). Dallas Clark, on the other hand, has an unbelieveable success rate on this season (I think it's something like 64 catches on 78 looks). Yet Manning opts instead to force the ball to hands of stone Garcon, who converted THREE of 13 looks. Even with triple coverage, Dallas Clark could do better than that.

Quiet Speed said:
The Colts-Patriots game might become a part of football lore kind of like the "Hiedi"Â￾ game and the "Snow Plow"Â￾ game. The Colts were outplayed for the most part. The debacle at he end was super strange. Belichick has a personality disorder of some sorts, which doesn‘t bother me. Too bad it's leaking over to his coaching decisions. As far as Jim Caldwell, he is very fortunate - right place, right time. His record at Wake Forest was horrendous.
I think the bubble will burst on Caldwell in a couple years. It seems like often a coach who follows a really good coach has initial success simply because the players are hearing a different voice, yet have already been trained and built up by the previous guy. I'm hoping the bubble has already burst in a major way in Denver.

That being said, I hope Caldwell has great success because he's already proven he's very fair to white athletes.Edited by: Fightingtowin