UEFA EURO 2012

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Allegedly Klose, Reus and Schürrle replace Gomez, Müller and Podolski in the German Squad today against Greece. Dont know if this is really true or not, but it would be a really huge surprise.

i checked and in french we have the same info
this is what the ones rooting for germany, like thrashen, asked for
i'm really surprised, especially for gomez

if i am not mistaken arend you are german
will you root for germany vs greece?

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
i have info about giroud not being happy at all and not understanding why he doesn't play more while the ones who play don't look motivated
the french national team is falling apart

Matra2

Master
i remember that another american posted almost exactly the same link months ago
do they really do this kind of lists every year??

Not only that but U.S. sports pundits:kev: regularly ask the question. Ordinary Americans - what CF calls DWFs - fall for it too. A few years a go I was in France at an Anglo-expat bar where they were showing American basketball when I asked the girl working there to switch over to the England cricket match. A guy from California who had just graduated from college asked how I couldn't like basketball as they are great athletes. When he heard my accent he then told me he had bad news for me: In future America will dominate Europe at soccer because soon there'll be more incentives for the country's blacks to take up soccer instead of traditional American sports and once that happens...America will rule! The people - in every country - are puppets having their strings pulled by the puppet masters (ie the media).

Matra2

Master
Allegedly Klose, Reus and Schürrle replace Gomez, Müller and Podolski in the German Squad today against Greece. Dont know if this is really true or not, but it would be a really huge surprise.

Talk about disrespecting the Greeks!

If you will check the thread on the Champions League I made a comment about the German character and their decision to take off Muller against Chelsea when they thought they had it won. Germany is a great nation - I loved spending time there a few months ago - and the Germans are one of the most accomplished peoples in world history, but like all peoples they have a blind spot: overconfidence. Unfortunately it is usually interpreted by foreigners as arrogance. Virtually all of Europe will see this as an insult to the Greek team.

BTW if this backfires...Löw is going to look like the biggest buffoon in the history of coaching.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
In future America will dominate Europe at soccer because soon there'll be more incentives for the country's blacks to take up soccer instead of traditional American sports and once that happens...America will rule! The people - in every country - are puppets having their strings pulled by the puppet masters (ie the media).

while the first par of the statement is moronic (but we never know what can happen with a friendly refereeing) he is right on the second part unfortunately, "soon there'll be more incentives for the country's blacks to take up soccer instead of traditional American sports"
the US soccer federation officially tries to involve blacks in soccer

speaking of jews, the name of the guy who wrote the idiotic article - eisenband -sounds jewish, unlike wahl (the name of the guy who wrote the article about the 11 best players of the euro champs)

Ukraine played much better than in the match vs. France and it’s unfortunate that the goal was disallowed (though I guess it was the right decision given the offside). If Ukraine had advanced, they would have been without Tymoshchuk for the ¼ final (he received his second yellow card in the tournament for fouling an England player to prevent a breakthrough in the aftermath of the situation involving Devic’s effort on goal and Terry’s goal line clearance). It’s the second consecutive time (the same happened in 2008 with Austria and Switzerland) that the two host nations have failed to advance from the group stage, but I think that Poland and Ukraine played well and in retrospect one could argue that they were placed in very tough groups. I have been deriving enjoyment from the tournament so far despite one or two disappointments…

Did anyone else notice how many times the commentators mentioned Ozil as “the physical embodiment of New-German football!” And why is he so enthusiastically-described as such? Because he’s yet another non-German (Turkish) who should be playing for his native land.

Apparently Ozil is now quite unpopular in Turkey and is regularly booed by the Turkish fans...
I don’t follow the German team that closely, but I got the impression that Michael Ballack was treated rather harshly by the German football authorities – he was injured prior to the 2010 World Cup and after he recovered, he was never really given the chance to reclaim his captaincy and his starting spot in the team…Ballack was quickly “retired” due to the emerging young talents in midfield. Once a player hits 35 he is usually considered to be “past it” (even if that’s not the case in terms of technical ability, fitness levels, etc.). Loew also doesn’t seem willing to experiment – he didn’t include any Hannover players in the team and did not call up Stefan Reinartz and Stefan Kiessling (Hummels and Andreas Beck were omitted from the squad before the 2010 World Cup).

It’s a shame; because I’d love to have seen this team of “nobodies” (aside from Bendtner, perhaps) hoist the trophy.

I like Lalas, as he always seems enthusiastic and well-spoken (though I have only listened to his commentaries on two or three occasions), but I can’t understand why he was reluctant to give credit to Denmark for their performance. Denmark were very close to advancing from the “group of death” and showed plenty of quality (especially in the final third of the pitch).

regarding bruno alves, he's of brazilian origin and has black in him but the amerindian genes are very strong so he doesn't look black

He seems triracial to me, but his appearance changes a lot depending on the lighting/picture angle :D

The one Black player on England who's actually any good is Ashley Cole.

He also appears to be passionate about the shirt and always sings the national anthem. I think that Cole should be paired up with Phil Jones for the next game.

I also find the sight of that assistant annoying. They always look like they are moving about too much as if they are trying to look busy. In reality they do nothing.

saw the same thing during the croatia-spain match this week
the croatians needed a goal to advance to the quarter finals and kick spain out of the tournament
they started using their height to win aerial balls and spain was in danger

this is what busquets did at one point to deny a goal

Another pet peeve of mine is when the referee awards a corner or a foul (in the 92nd minute of the game), a footballer is about to take it and the final whistle is blown before he has a chance to do it…or when a referee ends a match while the ball is still in the air.

A deserved victory for Portugal! The Czechs started well and didn’t look very nervous during the first 20 minutes of the match, but after that it was all Portugal. Amazing piece of skill by Cristiano Ronaldo just before the half time break (when he hit the post). The Czechs were tidy in defense, but they didn’t do much in the final third of the field and were not very adventurous, I guess Tomas Rosicky’s absence showed. Tomas Necid who is a tall and powerful striker should have come on at some point in the match, as Baros was not very effective (though the service he received from the midfielders left a lot to be desired).

Looking forward to the “debt derby”…the Greeks should be careful not to concede first and it’s not a good idea to surrender possession to the Germans, as bunker tactics rarely work against them (German strikers tend to be very clinical). I am hoping for an even game that will be decided after extra time.

Last edited:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Why, with all the changes, is Boateng still in? He is easily their weakest player.

I hope Greece can pull the upset though Germany is not the worst team from a racial point of view.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Ozil is not too offensive for me as he does not look that out of place in the German lineup (like Boateng is out of place and a clear misfit). That being said, why do the commentators praise Ozil so much? He has not scored a goal so far and has been mostly invisible during the tournament.

To those who really know soccer, is Ozil that good or is he playing as he is a Turk and they want to pander to the many Turks in Germany?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Why, with all the changes, is Boateng still in? He is easily their weakest player.

I hope Greece can pull the upset though Germany is not the worst team from a racial point of view.

I have no idea, other than that Low needs an AA black to play somewhere in the lineup. Could you imagine if that was Boateng who came in for Bender instead and got a goal?? There'd be no chance Bender would've started today. Boateng annoys the hell out of me. He offers pretty much nothing going forward, and every time he gets the ball on defense he always kicks the ball to kingdom come... even if nobody is around him. He also runs very akwardly too.

I also don't mind Ozil in the lineup, like Liverlips said, he doesn't look out of place in the German lineup. Boateng on the other hand, does not deserve to be anywhere near the starting XI.

Matra2

Master
Total German domination so far. The Greeks are really missing Karagounis in the midfield as they look lost in that area of the pitch at the moment. Still early, anything can happen.

foobar75

Master
The German domination just payed off. Philip Lahm scores for the Germans.
s The score could easily be 4-0 right now. I still wonder if the benching of Gomez was the right decision.As for Ozil, he's one of the best midfielders in the world and his place on the German team is fully deserved because of merit. He's not a token AA fill-in like Boateng.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
s The score could easily be 4-0 right now. I still wonder if the benching of Gomez was the right decision.As for Ozil, he's one of the best midfielders in the world and his place on the German team is fully deserved because of merit. He's not a token AA fill-in like Boateng.

That's what I don't mind Ozil. He's one of the best and worked to get to his spot. You're right, foobar, Germany should be up by multiple goals. I believe possession was something like 75%-25% to Germany.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Boateng the buffoon costs Germany. Hope Greece can pull the upset and show the Germans that affirmative action never works.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Samaras scores on a great counter attack for Greece.

Not so coincidently, Samaras beat Boateng to score.

foobar75

Master
Okay, so Ozil is legit then.Why does he not play for Turkey?
If you had the choice between Filet Mignon and ground chuck, what would you choose? And as I type this, Greece just tied the score, with the useless Boateng 100% at fault. Serves Low right.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wow - the announcer just called Boateng "too soft."

He might be out of a job as no criticism of Negroes is allowed by UEFA.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Wow - the announcer just called Boateng "too soft."

He might be out of a job as no criticism of Negroes is allowed by UEFA.

Thaaatt'ss racist! :p You can never criticize a black player, no matter how bad he sucks.

Don't worry though, Boateng's ugly looking assist on the goal will make everybody forget about the fact he can't defend.

foobar75

Master
Kloseeee! What a header by one of my favorite players!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Germany putting and end to the nonsense -up 3-1.

I was hoping for Greece but at least Germany will defeat England and their 5-6 blacks if they pull the upset over Italy.

Matra2

Master
The Greeks are done. The go ahead goal was scored by Khedira (a white guy according to Zeus:nono:).

Surely Joachim Loew will now have sufficient reason, and cover, to be able to bench Boateng in the semi final.