Total white starters a little up this year

referendum

Mentor
In Seattle white guard Moffit is gone for the year, but he might be replaced by Mcquistan who is in a position battle with a sumo. Also, sumo James Carpenter is now out for the year for the Seahawks, and his replacement will be white Breno Giacomeni. In San Diego Dielman is out for the year and his replacement is black, but black tackle Mcneil may be out for awhile and his replacement is white.

referendum

Mentor
Looks like we have made a little progress on O-lines this week. In St Louis it looks like Wragge is in as the new starter at center, and sumo Saffold is out for the year replaced by Levoir. In Seattle it looks like white guard Moffit will be replaced by another white, Mcquistan, and sumo Carpenter is out for the year, replaced by white Giacomini. Those three gains are offset by the loss of Carimi for good for the year as he went on IR. On the whole it looks like a net gain of two starters.

Quick question guys... how much does it mean to be the "starter"? Does it often happen that a black player is the nominal starter, but his white "backup" gets nearly equal playing time?

As for WWRs, can anyone tell me what percentage of receiving TDs this year were by white players? What percentage of catches? And how does that compare to previous years?

What percentage of sacks were by white players? Tackles? INTs?

referendum

Mentor
In the case of Donald Driver and Jordy Nelson, the black player is still listed as "starter", but for all intents and purposes Nelson is the real starter. I can't think of other cases like this right now. So many white starters are clustered in positions like QB and O-line where the starter doesn't rotate in and out. Some white players who seem to get alot of playing time but I haven't counted as starters are Brooking in Dallas, Studebaker in KC, Chick in Jacksonville, Ball in Tennessee, Landri in Philly, Kruger in Baltimore, Biermann in Atlanta etc. In other words solid white defensive players who clearly could be starters and have started in some cases.

referendum

Mentor
Just did a quick survey of the overall status of white starters throughout the NFL, and found that after injuries, demotions etc. the amount of white starters is basically the same after 12 weeks. Injuries have led to the loss of at least one white starter in Pitts, New England, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Washington (2), Dallas, Cleveland, Buffalo and Jacksonville (2). Injuries have helped white players get starting positions in Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay (Eric Lorig now listed as starting FB), San Diego, Oakland (Carson Palmer at QB), Seattle, and Houston.
White starters have been demoted in Philly (Mathews), Baltimore (Zbikowski hasn't been starter since missing a few games, but I believe still plays alot), and St Louis ( I had counted Dahl as starting safety but doesnt' look like he still is).
White starters have been promoted in New York (Jets with Mcintyre at linebacker), St Louis (Wragge at center) and San Francisco where Adam Snyder at guard and Bruce Miller at FB have taken over. The most significant white takeovers, however, have been at Minnesota (QB, Christian Ponder) and Denver (Decker wide receiver).