Toby Gerhart

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
ToughJ good info and insight. Question? who do you think specifically is banning you. Liberal whites, Jews or blacks? I suspect the Karl Marx types meaning the tribe.

Most Jews are leftists no doubt, but are Butch Davis, Pete Caroll, Bobby Bowden or Rivals' lemming scout Jeremy Crabtree Jewish? My father is a college professor up here in Ontario- although he's American- and has a couple Jewish friends he works with. He started an NFL fantasy football league- which was hard for him to find enough interest for here in Canada. One of his friends he plays fantasy football with, who is Jewish, likes white WRs- and openly admitted to it during the FF draft (after he drafted Wes Welker in his breakout first year on the Pats in the final round). Someone in the group called it "a white hunch". He made a comment that he likes white WRs "because they're underdogs that don't get their due respect...you guy's will eat your words when Wes breaks out". I told my dad to draft Welker, but he did not. He used to think my caste system theory was BS. I was smart and drafted Welker in my league in the last round also- and have since convinced all my close relatives that there's a caste system!

What about Marv Levy, former GM of Buffalo? He always had some of the whitest teams in the league and is Jewish. These anti-white racists come in all colors. The owner of Fox news is Jewish and they're the "conservative" network. No doubt, most Jews in the media push a cultural Marxist agenda, but there are lots of flaming white liberals like Ted Turner as well. Jews are only "a part" of this problem.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
jacknyc said:
ESPN's highlights of the Stanford/USC game do not even show Gerhart! I've watched it 3 times now, and no Gerhart.
He ran for 178 yards, 3 TDs, is a serious Heisman candidate, but is not in the game highlights.
I would say no chance for the Heisman with that lack of media coverage.

The American media is disgusting. It's by far the worst in the "civilized world". And I'll say when I lived down south of the boarder, I was very disappointed with "the power structure and laws" that "operate" down in Jersey. Even I'm shocked that ESPN could honestly try this hard to "hide" Gerhart. More people are waking up to this radical anti-white BS. It gets no more obvious than White Rivals.com and ESPN!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
jacknyc said:
ESPN's highlights of the Stanford/USC game do not even show Gerhart! I've watched it 3 times now, and no Gerhart.

He ran for 178 yards, 3 TDs, is a serious Heisman candidate, but is not in the game highlights.

I would say no chance for the Heisman with that lack of media coverage.

Sickening! Thanks to the new media, ESPN won't be able to keep everyone from learning about Toby and his athletic prowess.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Toby is getting decent Heisman consideration at this point. Does anyone know if Luke Staley received any Heisman consideration at all?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
wa33, as far as I know, Luke wasn't a serious Heisman candidate. I know I don't remember hearing his name associated with it in 2001. He didn't finish in the top 10 of Heisman voting.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I guess part of it was the conference he played in. He led the nation in scoring his senior season with over 15.5 ppg and over 8 yards per carry. Even in the supposed weak Mountain West Conference those numbers are incredible.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
wa33, as far as I know, Luke wasn't a serious Heisman candidate. I know I don't remember hearing his name associated with it in 2001. He didn't finish in the top 10 of Heisman voting. 
I think he made the final cut to be invited to Downtown Athletic Club. But as far as I remember he finished last in the voting. I could be wrong here though. I do know he was virtually the consensus choice for the Doak Walker. Toby is in the pole position for the Doak Walker and needs big final weeks to have legitimate shot for the Heisman.

DWFan

Mentor
I don't know why this link won't work. But you can go to isteve.blogspot.com and read it.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It gets more and more ridiculous. In Europe they must be laughing at us:
Here is a Bleacher Report writer's "analysis" on Gerhart in the NFL (linked by Draftdaddy):

RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford

Running back with great hands and a ton of power when breaking tackles. He would be a great power back or possibly even a tight end at the next level, think a faster Jason Witten. If he falls to the third round, he would be very hard to pass up.
Projected Round: 2-4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Pro Football Weekly still has Charles Scott, (basically a Jacob Hester type, but will run a worse 40 time and has a slower first couple steps) who has had a disappointing senior season (unlike Hester) before getting hurt last week- ahead of Gerhart. Gerhart has "DOUBLE THE RUSH YARDS OF SCOTT, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL 311" this year, in just one more game and leads him in YPC at 5.3 to 4.7. Gerhart has 19 rush TDs to Scott's 4. Gerhart has quicker feet, will run a better 40 and even surpasses Scott in power. They rank Spiller 1st for "SENIOR" tailbacks, (which at least is a reasonable argument), they rank Scott 2nd (what a joke), they rank Hardesty 3rd and Gerhart 4th. What does a white RB have to do to get a shot? Run for 3,000 yards in the Pac-10 on 10 YPC with 40 TDs, with a 400 yard game in the national championship and EQUAL Chris Johnson's 4.24 40 time? If Gerhart is only the 4th best senior tailback, he could drop to the 4th round when the underclassmen declare and never see an NFL field!
smiley55.gif

I think ESPN was worried about showing Toby because there were too many white players scoring. Think of it, that's the type of thing that goes down in the editing room. They probably thought it was strange that white's scored 49 points in the game, that the kept out the Toby clips because when has anyone seen a game with that many whites scoring??? That's why people like us need to infiltrate the MSM, if one of us becomes a program editor, we would show EACH Stanford TD, and leave out clips of Mark Ingram when showing Alabama highlights.

Just looking at the updates for Heisman, it seems like there is a big conspiracy to give Ingram the trophy no matter what. Now, this is only a few of the voters who come up with the ESPN list. Only Lou Holtz is hyping Gerhart, calling him a "strong candidate for the Heisman trophy." But a little earlier they only showed Ingram, McCoy and Tebow!!! How can they not have the nations highest scoring RB who has rushed for the most yards against the toughest defenses? Better Ds than Ingram has played against. Now, there's absolutely NO excuse for CJ Spiller being considered higher. To me this seems like the first week they intentionally snubbed Gerhart on ESPN, minus Hotlz' compliment. I thought even the most oblivous DWF would hear of Gerhart after yesterday's performance, but NO there will still be people who don't! So when I talk to some unobservant sports fans, they will know Ingram and Spiller, but not Gerhart!
smiley7.gif
What does Toby have to do? I guess he has to set back-to-back single game rushing records to get a highlight segment on ESPN.

Either way, it does not matter if the jock-sniffers give Toby credit or not. We all know that Toby is the best, and the only thing that truly matters is the performance on the field. He showed up Pete Carroll. You never know how a moment like that will change someone. If it's like the aforementioned USC-Alabama game, then USC will bring in several white recruits at RB, WR, C and S.

Kaptain

Master
Outside of the caste system, I don't see how Gerhardt isn't the runaway favorite for the Heisman. The Heisman is almost always won by a RB or QB and sometimes a reciever. This year no reciever stands out and who would they give it to at QB? Tebow? I don't see how since they refused to give it to him last year when he had better numbers. McCoy? Possibly, but then they have to justify giving it to him over the undefeated Tebow. QB's a little crowded. That leaves Gerhardt vs. Ingram. And as ES has pointed out Gerhardt is the clear leader both statistically and in caliber of opponents. Plus Gerhardt has just had two of his best games against two of the nations best teams late in the season. At this point giving the Heisman to Ingram would be seen as and all to obvious robbery. What will the football cultural marxist do?

Gerhardt winning the Hiesman would put a lot of pressure on NFL teams to draft him high and start him at his natural position as a tailback. As a Hiesman winner he would also be expected to start or at least recieve significant playing time right away. How would the NFL keep this guy from playing tailback? That's all that remains to be seen. We could see a new precedence set in the lengths the NFL and/or college football will go to uphold the caste system.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
Colonel_Reb said:
I think he made the final cut to be invited to Downtown Athletic Club. But as far as I remember he finished last in the voting. I could be wrong here though. I do know he was virtually the consensus choice for the Doak Walker. Toby is in the pole position for the Doak Walker and needs big final weeks to have legitimate shot for the Heisman.

Well you can't have a much better game than Toby had last night against a top team like USC.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here's an article from a ESPN writer (!) asking why Gerhart isn't a leading candidate for the Heisman.
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/12560/gerhart-rumbles-into-heisman-trophy-consideration
This article was written before yesterday's game, and the writer ends the article saying,
"And if Gerhart hangs up big numbers on a USC defense that is still trying to regain its footing?
How could this 235-pound side of beef not become a leading Heisman Trophy candidate?"
Very good point!Edited by: jacknyc

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are a few other articles that mention Toby favorably. What is a Q rating anyway?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/5302/pac-10-helmet-stickers-week-11

Who stood out in week 11?

Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford: Gerhart was an
unstoppable force vs. USC. He rushed for 178 yards on 29 carries with
three touchdowns, giving him 19 for the year. He sure looked like a
Heisman Trophy candidate.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/43327/weekend_wake_up_pacquiao,_jennings,_gerhart_star

Then Fall Carroll. Toby Gerhart should have a
nickname, no? I propose "The Stanford Stake." After all, he was driven
repeatedly into USC's heart on Saturday, and it is clear at this point
that the Trojans we once knew as werewolves in cardinal and gold are
unquestionably dead. The nation's leading rusher went for 178 yards and
three touchdowns in Stanford's 55-21 annihilation
of the Boys of Troy, who were so inept that Jim Harbaugh went for two
up 48-21 to score 50, failed, and made that a footnote when his team
scored their fourth touchdown in a 27-point fourth quarter. More on
this in The Hangover Cure later, to be sure.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/18061/game-day-part-ii

Fall of Troy</span>

Two years ago, one-win Stanford was a 41-point underdog that edged
out No. 1 USC, 24â€"23, at the L.A. Coliseum, for one of the biggest
upsets ever. In the Cardinal's road rematch against the Trojans this
year â€" in which they were spotted only 11 points by Vegas â€" the results
were arguably even more shocking.

Stanford demolished USC, 55â€"21, to keep Rose Bowl hopes alive just one week after overthrowing Pac-10 favorite Oregon, 51â€"42.

The 34-point loss is the worst suffered by the Men of Troy against
Stanford since the rivalry started in 1918 and USC's worst defeat since
falling 51â€"0 to Notre Dame in 1966.

"I'm not sure I have the right words to describe being humbled like
this,"Â said USC coach Pete Carroll, whose run of seven consecutive
Pac-10 titles is officially over, as the Trojans are now 7â€"3 with
conference losses at Washington (16â€"13), at Oregon (47â€"20) and Stanford
(55â€"21).

"We have fallen apart and given our opponents the opportunity to do
whatever they want. But you have to give Stanford a lot of credit."Â

Stanford senior power back Toby Gerhart overpowered a once-strong
USC stop-unit, with 38 carries for 178 yards and three touchdowns. The
6'1"Â, 235-pound two-sport star, who also plays outfield for the
Cardinal baseball team, has now rushed for 1,395 yards and 19
touchdowns through 10 games.

A combination of Stanford alum John Elway's multi-sport heroics and
Larry Csonka's smash-mouth running style, Gerhart has established
himself as a potential Heisman candidate â€" with a combined 67 carries
for 401 yards and six trips to the end zone in wins over Oregon and USC
over the past two weeks.

The team from The Farm knows how to work the ground, piling up 325
rushing yards, owning time of possession (36:20-to-23:40), winning the
turnover war (1-to-4), converting 8-of-11 third downs as well as its
only fourth down try, and fighting on in a lopsided fourth quarter
(27â€"0) during a violent victory at USC.

"It was just will. The offensive line just moved people. We got
after them and got downhill, and it was just a good offensive day,"Â
said Gerhart. "To do that against a storied program, a perennial power,
it's the greatest feeling in the world."Â

Over Carroll's first season (6â€"6 in 2001) and this year (7â€"3), USC
has combined to go 13â€"9, after posting an 82â€"9 record during his
seven-year reign (2002-08) as by far the best on the West Coast. In
fact, this was the first November loss of the Carroll era.

No wonder Carroll was so upset that quarterback Mark Sanchez went
pro with one year of eligibility remaining. He didn't want to throw
true freshman Matt Barkley in the fire for a three-INT effort in a
historically embarrassing loss to an in-state, Pac-10 rival.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/14/tebow-stumped-on-who-to-vote-for/

<div>

COLUMBIA, S.C. â€" As another Saturday of college football played out, the Heisman Trophy race didn't get any clearer.

Case Keenum played well, throwing for 387 yards and 3 touchdowns.
But Houston lost to U.C.F. That, combined with a loss to U.T.E.P.,
means that the Cougars have too many acronym losses for Keenum to win
the Heisman.

Tim Tebow was his steady turnover-free self in the Gators' victory at South Carolina,
but certainly didn't move any mountains in completing 14 of 25 passes
for 198 yards and a touchdown. (In Tebow's defense, Riley Cooper had
two potential touchdown passes slither through his fingers.)

Alabama's Mark Ingram was solid at Mississippi State, but he
certainly wasn't overwhelming. Clemson's C.J. Spiller had a big day
with a touchdown pass, catch and run, but do enough voters know who he
is? The best performance of the day likely belonged to Stanford's Toby
Gerhart, who had 178 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns. But will his
relatively low Q rating will hurt him?

After Tebow's postgame news conference, I asked him if he had
decided on who he would vote for. (As a former winner, Tebow gets a
vote.) "I don't know,"Â he said. "I haven't decided yet."Â

Which makes Tebow like just about everyone else in this wide-open
race. Looks like there won't be any clarity until Dec. 5, the last
weekend of the season.

</div>
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Colonel Reb is right, USC's Taylor Mays was easily outrun by nearly all of Stanford's supposedly unathletic whites. Even the QB, Luck, ran past him at will.

Mays had a dreadful game....but none of the nut-hugging african crew at NFLN will remember that when he's being taken in the 1st round based on meaningless workout numbers at the combine.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Electric Slide said:
Just looking at the updates for Heisman, it seems like there is a big conspiracy to give Ingram the trophy no matter what. Now, this is only a few of the voters who come up with the ESPN list. Only Lou Holtz is hyping Gerhart, calling him a "strong candidate for the Heisman trophy." But a little earlier they only showed Ingram, McCoy and Tebow!!! How can they not have the nations highest scoring RB who has rushed for the most yards against the toughest defenses? Better Ds than Ingram has played against. Now, there's absolutely NO excuse for CJ Spiller being considered higher. To me this seems like the first week they intentionally snubbed Gerhart on ESPN, minus Hotlz' compliment. I thought even the most oblivous DWF would hear of Gerhart after yesterday's performance, but NO there will still be people who don't! So when I talk to some unobservant sports fans, they will know Ingram and Spiller, but not Gerhart!
smiley7.gif
What does Toby have to do? I guess he has to set back-to-back single game rushing records to get a highlight segment on ESPN.

Either way, it does not matter if the jock-sniffers give Toby credit or not. We all know that Toby is the best, and the only thing that truly matters is the performance on the field. He showed up Pete Carroll. You never know how a moment like that will change someone. If it's like the aforementioned USC-Alabama game, then USC will bring in several white recruits at RB, WR, C and S.
I think they are wanting to give the trophy to Ingram no matter what. He will be the first black sophomore to receive it, and I think they are wanting to continue the trend of giving it to a sophomore. Dwf's will never question why Toby didn't get it because it has been pounded into their heads that the "SEC is the best conference", even though that isn't even close to true. The media knows this and just claims the SEC has just been having a "down year" ...for the past 2 seasons. Utah beating Alabama should have raised some questions by DWFs but they just brush it off.

Toby Gerhart should at least be a finalist.Edited by: dwid

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
What is a Q rating anyway?
Don't know if he was using it officially, as if Toby has an actual score. A "Q Score, or Q Rating" is described as:

"...a measurement of the familiarity and appeal of a brand, company, celebrity, or television show, used in the United States. The higher the Q Score, the more highly-regarded the item or person is among the group that is familiar with them. Q Scores and other variants are primarily used by the media, marketing, advertising and public relations industries."

The official website describes the 'Sports Q' as:

"Sports Q measures the familiarity and appeal of personalities in a variety of sports categories to determine targeted audience attraction." SOURCE

I have never in my life heard of this before. I don't know if Toby actually 'has' one of these, or if the writer was using the ter informally. Anybody else?

Taco

Guru
Its just another way of saying "how much does the public like this person/company/whatever." Its more often mentioned in politics.

Ill try to give an example. During the 2008 presidential campaigns, there was lots of "Get out the vote" crap on mtv. As you can guess, MTV would be much more biased towards young, cool, and hip Obama than the old white war veteran/hero republican guy running against him. So as a result, MTV would talk more often about Obama than they would McCain. That would mean that Obama would be more familiar and well known among MTV viewers, and as such would have a higher "Q Rating".

As for the heisman race, the only candidate with any real "Q rating" would be Tim Tebow.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Toby Gerhart for the Heisman. Let's just keep voting and at least send the kid to NY. We have to continue to get his name out there. It will only help his draft status. What a game yesterday. I'm running out of superlatives to describe his play. Simply the best. Way to go Toby!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I think Gerhart has to now be considered one of the top 3 candidates for the Heisman. Stanford beat 2 top 10 teams in the last 2 weeks (Oregon#7 and USC #9), and they did so on the back of Toby Gerhart. Between those 2 games he rushed for over 400 yards and 6 touchdowns! Toby is the reason Stanford won those 2 games.But beyond that he is having a great season. He is 3rd in the nation in rushing (Ingram is 5th) and is 2nd in TDs! He is having a better season individually than Ingram and is more valuable to his team.
In my view Gerhart, McCoy, and Tebow are the top 3 candidates.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info gentlemen!

icsept

Master
I prefer Gerhart not win the Heisman. The award has become linked with NFL busts. I would much prefer Gerhart succeed in the NFL without the hype, including any endorsements from ESPN. You have to be a douche bag like Ochocinco to get on ESPN highlights.

I will credit Kirk Herbstreit for touting Gerhart as a top 3 Heisman candidate early in the season. Edited by: icsept