Tim Tebow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
How about this from Boomer Esiason.
CBS' Boomer Esiason has joined ESPN's Merril Hoge in already concluding that 24-year-old Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has no future in the NFL.
We've become Tebow supporters in no small part because the media attacks on him are so constant and bordering on cruel. "He can't play. He can't throw," said Esiason. "... Just because he's God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn't mean his game is going to translate to the NFL. What Josh McDaniels saw in him God only knows. Maybe God does know — because the rest of us don't."

backrow

Hall of Famer
this is beyond insane... even rotoworld baulks at the viciousness of the attacks on Tebow (althogh they dont fail to repoer every single one...). is there something i am missing here? why all the hate?? HE CAN'T PLAY? even if you disagree with him being ready to be ready to be a starter at QB, just how the **** can he not play football?? how many ****ty projects we are forced to watch season after season with barely a negative press and now all this for a guy who's already proven he CAN play at this level, and at quarterback no less? INSANE

CBS' Boomer Esiason has joined ESPN's Merril Hoge in already concluding that 24-year-old Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has no future in the NFL.

We've become Tebow supporters in no small part because the media attacks on him are so constant and bordering on cruel. "He can't play. He can't throw," said Esiason. "... Just because he's God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn't mean his game is going to translate to the NFL. What Josh McDaniels saw in him God only knows. Maybe God does know — because the rest of us don't."

Source: USA Today
Aug 24 - 2:25 PM

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is mostly about his religion. They are taking Christ out of Christmas, God out of Schools and Government. They cannot stand christianity. Tebow is the most devout christian athlete since Kurt Warner. They hate him for it. They also hate that he has model looks, lives a clean lifestyle and that millions of americans love the guy. We just can't have a Christian, Athletic, Superstar QB can we? F*** the media. Screw the coaching staff and all of the fans that hate this guy. What a sick world we live in!!!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Conversely, Tebow may have the strongest fan base for any individual professional athlete in the history of American sports. ESPN’s recent documentary, entitled “Tim Tebow: Everything In Between,â€￾ was proof of this.

I have a suspicion that this is the crux of the matter. It’s fear and insecurity that drives the campaign against Tebow.

foobar75

Master
I have a suspicion that this is the crux of the matter. It’s fear and insecurity that drives the campaign against Tebow.

No doubt, but why are all these White ex-players lining up one-by-one to take their shots at Tebow? Even the members of the so-called analyst community, including clowns such as Kiper and McShay, weren't as vicious and vindictive in their criticism of Tebow as these ex-players.

Why does Esiason have to come out and make such a strong anti-Tebow statement? Why not something more measured, such as "Well, give him some time, give him some coaching, and with his talent and work-ethic, we can be a good NFL quarterback someday."

Why is John Elway not having similar sentiments? I guess now we wait while Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Bret Favre, et al can take their turns and thrash him in this hate-fest.

Obviously, the concept of racial solidarity does not even exist here. Contrast that to Cam Newton, when a few people questioned his status as a #1 pick, and Warren Moon did not waste any time coming to Newton's defense and threw in the race card.

I'm confused as to what these ex-players have to gain by jumping on the anti-Tebow bandwagon.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Montana isn't a Tebow basher:

Joe Montana says don't change Tim Tebow's throwing motion

Don't count Joe Montana among the critics of Tim Tebow's throwing motion. TEBOW CRITICS: Religion the reason?

The Hall of Fame quarterback and three-time Super Bowl MVP weighed in on that topic on the Dan Patrick Show today, and said "I wouldn't change it," because:

"If you look at what he did in college, he played in one of the toughest divisions there was . . . He had success throwing the ball. He got it away in time. I don't remember a lot of balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage . . .

"If you change the thing that really made the guy you take away from his ability to play the game, because now he's thinking about his delivery as opposed to playing the game and throwing the ball on time, and that's what it's all about.

"If you can throw it accurately and on time, I don't care what your delivery looks like. Don't change his delivery. Get his feet right, because he's never taken a snap from under center. Let's work on that part and see how the rest goes."

Montana also reminded listeners that he wasn't an instant sensation, and that in his first game he had two interceptions returned for touchdowns, including one where he was run over at the 1-yard line.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/joe-montana-tim-tebow-throwing-motion/1

I think Quinn has the ability to be a solid NFL QB if he's ever given a legit chance. I think he had all of 13 starts while being jerked around in Cleveland.

How can Tebow be so bad in practice yet look so good in games?

Methinks his religiosity makes the the typical fellow human uncomfortable. Since the sixties and 50 years hence we have been socially engineered to beleive that a "faith" in a higher being is boorish. Primitive. Ultra conservative. Anti-abortion, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. (Unless he was a black with the last name of Muhammed...then the media sucklings would think he is the second coming of Christ, Mustaffa, Ghandi, Baal, shiva (add diety of choice here). But!!!!!! If you be white boy with a predilection toward fearing God....you be hosed!

I hope Tebow proves them all wrong. He will have to do it about 3 times, but white apologists like Hoge, Silver, Cowherd, Esiason, etc. will never let up. They are complete tools of the white christian apology movement. I can say this because I ain't christian (raised catholic) and probably considered agnostic. Folks like TT give the media the heebee jeebees.

foobar75

Master
Joe Montana isn't a Tebow basher:

Joe Montana says don't change Tim Tebow's throwing motion

Don't count Joe Montana among the critics of Tim Tebow's throwing motion. TEBOW CRITICS: Religion the reason?

The Hall of Fame quarterback and three-time Super Bowl MVP weighed in on that topic on the Dan Patrick Show today, and said "I wouldn't change it," because:

"If you look at what he did in college, he played in one of the toughest divisions there was . . . He had success throwing the ball. He got it away in time. I don't remember a lot of balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage . . .

"If you change the thing that really made the guy you take away from his ability to play the game, because now he's thinking about his delivery as opposed to playing the game and throwing the ball on time, and that's what it's all about.

"If you can throw it accurately and on time, I don't care what your delivery looks like. Don't change his delivery. Get his feet right, because he's never taken a snap from under center. Let's work on that part and see how the rest goes."

Montana also reminded listeners that he wasn't an instant sensation, and that in his first game he had two interceptions returned for touchdowns, including one where he was run over at the 1-yard line.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/joe-montana-tim-tebow-throwing-motion/1

Thank you for sharing this. I'm glad to see Joe Montana saying what everyone else should be saying as well. Give Tebow an opportunity to succeed, that is all.

JReb1

Mentor
One Broncos source tells the Boston Globe that it's "totally unfair" for members of the organization to throw Tim Tebow under the bus as several did in a Yahoo! Sports report Tuesday. Analysis: "Somebody has it out for him," said the source. Tebow has been an extremely hard worker by all accounts, and the source confirms he's done no complaining at all behind the scenes that would cause an official to trash his progress as well as any trade value he might have. Tebow has obviously been caught in the regime change. Rotoworld

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
No doubt the motivation is cultural marxist in its aim...keep Tebow's success in check so his star-power doesn't grow too much. :angry:

foobar75

Master
This comes as a shocker:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6897346

Two of the 3 panelists actually pick Tebow over Newton on who'll make a better NFL QB. And then, Skip Bayless of all people, who's one of two picking Tebow, actually points out the exact talking points we've been discussing here, about how everyone hates him and how unfair it all is, etc.

I did not see this one coming, especially from Bayless whom I have always considered an idiot. And the other guy who picked Tebow is black, which is another surprise.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's way too early to say Newton will NEVER have the ability to play QB in the NFL, but he is clearly way rawer than the supposedly "incapable" Tebow to lead an offense. Newton has looked bad so far this pre-season yet it is he who looks to be getting an immediate chance.

Still, one thing this pre-season has shown is that Tebow has shown mostly accuracy and composure despite the "ONE" throw at his receivers feet that BSPN kept SHOWING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Tebow has a 113 QB rating if I recall correctly and he definitely had a 118.8 rating his first game and looked great making plays with his legs.

The interception that was CALLED BACK on a penalty while Tebow had gotten crushed throwing the ball was originally harped on. I've never seen so much talk of an INT that was called back EVER! This hate on Tebow has reached epic proportions. I couldn't even ever remember a criminal getting this much (while maybe one offense "coke head" Matt Jones came close). Even primary suspect attempted murderers like Pacman Jones haven't gotten this kind of hate. Clearly CM is at work here.

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
This comes as a shocker:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6897346

Two of the 3 panelists actually pick Tebow over Newton on who'll make a better NFL QB. And then, Skip Bayless of all people, who's one of two picking Tebow, actually points out the exact talking points we've been discussing here, about how everyone hates him and how unfair it all is, etc.

I did not see this one coming, especially from Bayless whom I have always considered an idiot. And the other guy who picked Tebow is black, which is another surprise.

Two years ago, when Tebow was on the verge of potentially winning his third NCAA national title, Bayless once engaged in an incredibly heated debate with Jamele Hill (a hardcore black supremacist “journalist”). Bayless vehemently claimed that “Tim Tebow is the greatest football player in NCAA history.” Hill, of course, downplayed all of Tebow’s accomplishments, mocked him, and kept naming players like Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders (among other blacks) who she believed to the best “greatest ever.”

The two were literally screaming at one another for 15 mintues on the always-inane ESPN show “Cold Pizza.”

Last edited:

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The interception that was CALLED BACK on a penalty while Tebow had gotten crushed throwing the ball was originally harped on. I've never seen so much talk of an INT that was called back EVER! This hate on Tebow has reached epic proportions.

That’s interesting. Last night little Michael Vick threw a lollypop downfield that was intercepted, and it was called back due to a roughing the passer penalty. It really didn’t appear that the contact had any effect on the throw. At any rate, the announcers let the interception slide. Also Vick tripped himself while trying to run downfield. I hope Tebow doesn’t have the misfortune of having that occur. It might become blooper material for his critics.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Success!! The media, led by caste clowns Merril Hoge and "Boomer" Esiason, among others, have successfully caused Tebow's jersey and merchandise sales to dip significantly, as gleefully reported in this story. Of course, and I'm sure much to the writers dismay, crackers are still the 4 out of the top 5 in jersey sales, and 8 out of the top 10. The only affletic specimens to make the list are everyone's favorites, Troy "look at my hair before I get injured again" Polamalu and QB Dog Killer.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
As tired as I am of Tebow bashing stories, I didn't open this one right away, but when I did, I found it to be fairer than most of the drivel being passed around out there in regards to Tim Tebow. Reading between the lines, what it boils down to is that John Fox' new coaching regime (and John Elway, no doubt) at the Broncos have no interest in building an offense around the considerable strengths of Tebow. Whether they are just hard-headed and set in ways of their systems or if it involves personality issues remains to be seen. A few excerpts from the story:

In his rookie season, Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow led his team in rushing touchdowns with six. He also finished first among all quarterbacks with fewer than 99 attempts in Football Outsider's passing efficiency ratings..............

Former head coach Jon Gruden, who studies quarterbacks for various ESPN projects, believes that it’s all about adapting the system to the player – if you want a Tim Tebow, or a Cam Newton, to succeed, you have to meet in the middle.

Is Tebow the evolutionary Steve Young, just waiting for the right teacher to put it all together,...?

It is interesting to note that the story already proclaims Case Keenum to be a washout that "never stood a chance in the pros" even though he's still playing college ball for Houston! So much for investigative journalism.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Rarely do I agree with Skip Bayless of ESPN's first take, but he is really showing his support for Tim Tebow and always has and I applaud him for that despite being ganged up on by everyone else on that show.

His quote " they don't like Tebow because he's a white QB that runs, but they don't mind black QB's that run."

Tebow's pre-season numbers 20/31 64.5 comp%, 310 yds., 129 QB rating. Would like to say more about this, but have to work.

Anak

Mentor
The hate for Tim Tebow has very little to do with his religiosity. Peyton Hillis is also religiously devout yet fans from around the country, with the exception of the most ardent Negro worshipers, adore Hillis. If Tebow was a lot less vocal about his religion he would still be hated and attacked by the media because he exemplifies the new breed of QB they have been hailing for years, but is White. His religion is only a contingent point for abuse. It's very similar to the bashing of Woodhead and the obfuscating of his talent due to his stature.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Rarely do I agree with Skip Bayless of ESPN's first take, but he is really showing his support for Tim Tebow and always has and I applaud him for that despite being ganged up on by everyone else on that show.

His quote " they don't like Tebow because he's a white QB that runs, but they don't mind black QB's that run."

Tebow's pre-season numbers 20/31 64.5 comp%, 310 yds., 129 QB rating. Would like to say more about this, but have to work.

Tebow's pre-season QB rating was actually 108.3 which was higher than any passer who "qualified" according to NFL.com and it was also higher than Kyle Orton with only 8 less completions and WAY higher than Brady Quinn.

backrow

Hall of Famer
FFS Fox, don't get cute and give fans what they want! sometimes they do know better...

from Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_18881574

[h=1]Kiszla: Broncos' Kyle Orton has lost his credibility with bored fans[/h]By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post

Posted: 09/12/2011 10:23:15 PM MDT
Updated: 09/13/2011 01:30:38 AM MDT

Veteran quarterback Kyle Orton airs it out during the first quarter of the Broncos' season opener Monday night against the Oakland Raiders at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. (Joe Amon, The Denver Post)

Related

You're done, Kyle Orton.
It's absolutely unfair to place all the blame on Orton for the bumbling, fumbling, not-ready-for-prime-time performance of the Broncos during Monday Night Football, when they lost 23-20 to Oakland.
But Orton has lost all credibility with Broncomaniacs.
And John Fox now finds himself in an unusually bad spot after only one loss as the coach in Denver.
The boredom of his medieval, ball-control offense was only exceeded by its ineptitude. Worse, Fox is the guy who's standing in the way of what the people want: Tim Tebow, America's favorite back-up quarterback.
We were promised a fresh era of Broncos football, with the legendary John Elway running the front office and the professional demeanor of Fox on the sideline. But the clock struck midnight early on the new regime. The honeymoon is over. There was that all-too-familiar, palpable taste of disgust in the locker room after the loss.
"It (stinks)," Denver cornerback Champ Bailey said early Tuesday morning.
"You always want to start fast, whether it's in a game or in a season. Period. But you can't expect to do that if you don't do things right. We didn't do a lot of things right. We did more things wrong than anything. And you see the end result: a loss."
Then, Bailey calmly took a slow measure of how inadequate the Broncos were against Oakland. He refused to blame the coaches. He cited a group of players who inexplicably failed to give proper effort in the season-opener.
"I know we're going to look at this tape and notice a lot of missed tackles, a lot of missed assignments. That's just attitude, heart and desire. I don't think we had enough of that to win this game," Bailey said. "That's very disappointing. It (stinks)."
The booing of Orton started early in the fourth quarter, shortly after a 1-yard run by Oakland quarterback Jason Campbell gave the Raiders a touchdown that put them in firm control against a team still trying to recover from the debacle that was the Josh McDaniels era.
The chants for Tebow by a frustrated crowd were first heard with 6 minutes remaining in the game, even as Orton was marching the Broncos toward the end zone in an effort to rally his teammates from a 10-point deficit.
Tebow was in uniform. He looked handsome wearing a Broncos cap on the sideline. But he did not play a down. Guess it would have required imaginative offensive thinking to find any role for him in the game plan.
When asked if he considered making a change at quarterback, Fox ignored the question.
The Tebow Thing, however, is here to stay. There's no controlling the circus now. Before halftime, angry emailers began
[h=1]Raiders 23, Broncos 20[/h]

consistently punching send with unrelenting criticism of Orton. "OMG!" declared a man named Mo from Palmdale, Calif., in an electronic message to The Post. "Orton is the worst QB in the league!" Is Fox's style of play hopelessly outdated? During the featured TV game of the MNF opener, New England quarterback Tom Brady torched Miami for 517 yards passing and four touchdowns. No rookie QB in NFL history has ever come out firing like Carolina's Cam Newton, who threw for 422 yards in his debut.
Week 1 of the season saw the league set a record for most games with two quarterbacks enjoying 300-yard performances. Can the Broncos or any other team in 2011 seriously compete for a championship with such a conservative offensive philosophy?
Although he passed for 304 yards, Orton finished with a pedestrian QB rating of 71.3 and was also guilty of committing a clumsy, unforgivable fumble in the fourth quarter. "I just feel sick about the ball slipping out of my hands like that," he said. "It's just one of those deals. But it's sickening to have happen to you."
But it was not Orton's fault that Oakland's Darren McFadden gashed the Denver defense for 150 yards on the ground. It was not Orton's fault that the inexperience of Broncos rookie tackle Orlando Franklin was exposed on an offensive line that did a poor job of protecting its quarterback. It was not Orton's fault that Knowshon Moreno again looked like a wasted first-round draft choice by McDaniels.
[h=1]Share Your Analysis[/h] Post sports columnist Mark Kiszla fields your feedback. Look for it in Kickin' It With Kiz on Sundays.

With everything that went up in smoke for the Broncos, replacing Orton at quarterback might be like spray-painting a fire.
But hearts in Denver burn with yearning for Tebow.
Maybe Orton should have found a way to accept that trade to Miami on the eve of training camp, and got out of Denver when the getting was good.
Mark Kiszla: 303-954-1053 or

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
It has been well-documented here that Tebow had an OUTSTANDING preseason, with a top 5 QB rating in the game appearances that he made, in direct contrast to the "Tebow had a poor training camp" blather that is in every single article that mentions his name by the media and sports pundits that hate him. Watching Elway in the booth during the game, maybe it's his ego at stake. Orton is a serviceable QB, not spectacular, better in practice than in actual games, a QB who will maybe get you 8-8 every year, he's not threatening. But Tebow, on the other hand, has massive potential to be the QB that makes, perhaps in Elway's mind, everyone "forget" the great John Elway. How much do you think that scenario has to do with the treatment of Tebow by Broncos management?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting theory about Elway, Football Dad. I had hoped he'd be an improvement over the previous regime, but it doesn't look good so far.

I have to give continued props to the Broncos fans, who appear to be the most fair in the country. They recognized and loved Hillis' talent when he was there, and most seem to want Tebow to be given a genuine opportunity to succeed.

In a way, it will be easier for Tebow to become the starter after the Broncos lose several games. There is less pressure on a young QB this way than if he starts the season as number one.

Tom Iron

Mentor
It is interesting that for some guys, Tebow for example, they always have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, they're the real McCoy, then grudgingly, the powers that be will finally relent and say alright, here's the ball, let's see what you can do.

Tom Iron...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
In a way, it will be easier for Tebow to become the starter after the Broncos lose several games. There is less pressure on a young QB this way than if he starts the season as number one.

That's a good point. And maybe the fans will be reluctant to chant "Brady..Brady" the first time he messes up or the team falters. As they used to say in Detroit, the most popular QB is the one that's not playing.