Some young guys for future olympics.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would say that if is due to being into too many different things. Most whites excel in school. Once you hit college, you have to study, write reports, take tests and research. Alot of whites also are into so many different sports where the blacks usually find a favorite sport and stick with it at a certain point. That makes more sense as far as attempting to make a career of it.

The fact of the matter is that whites take school and work more seriously on the average. Blacks tend to take sports more seriously and train harder on the average. That would be my guess.

There is no reason why whites cannot be just as good as blacks with the right training, coaching and diet. It has to be your passion in order to reach the highest levels. Just like becoming a musician. The ones that put the most time in show in the big performances. It just comes natural after a while.

albinosprint

Mentor
in my senior year of high school I ran a 10.69. in my first year of college I ran a 10.53. my second year I had tendinitis and was red shirted. by my 3rd year in college I was working almost full time all day, then going to track practice in the afternoon and class till 10:00pm . that year I didn't break 10.7, and my fourth year I threw in the towel. something had to go, and work which paid for school wasn't a option. no doubt in my mind if I could have just focused on track and a bit of school I could have ran in the 10.2s. so there you have it. most blacks tack the minimum required credits and focus on their sports. my father always said that blacks do well in sports because that's all they have. he made the point that if you took a poor city white boy and had him skip school and do nothing but play basket ball all day in the park, he would be a professional ball player for a living. and that applies to all sports. my father always also made the point that you don't see white heavy weights because white people can make their money not getting punched in the head. I also think blacks develop faster than whites and this has led to white getting over looked. throw in some steroids and the caste system and it's no wonder you don't see any more great American sprinters.

Observer

Mentor
albinosprint, that really is an enlightening post. A feature article could be built up around this. Thanks.

StarWars

Mentor
Di Gregorio ran 10.27 to start the season with .8 m/s wind in Rieti. That is already a new PB for him!!!

With Collio at 10.24 and Di Gregorio at 10.27, Italy alone could have 3 sub 10.20 sprinters this year! Imagine what the younger Cerutti will do in the 100 this year. I say he starts off with a 10.18. Considering the Italians last long the chances Cerutti will go sub 10 are very high before he is 31. He is like 23 now.

Pickering is in even better form than Cerutti right now! I cannot wait for him to run on the 29th. I hope he gets a good wind and good weather! Also a good nights rest.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
J.Ripparelli ran almost as well in the same race running a 10.31! He is three years younger than Di Gregorio. Maybe another sleeper type to keep an eye on. It's very early and hopefully they will both get alot faster.

albinosprint

Mentor
white lighting, I hope your right. if Cerutti can open with a 10.18, there is no doubt in my mind he will be low 10.0x by the end of the season. I hope our boy Pickering can drop a near PR for his second race. I really feel that 75% of Picks race is mental and he needs a good time under his belt to set up for the rest of the season.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
J.Ripparelli ran almost as well in the same race running a 10.31! He is three years younger than Di Gregorio. Maybe another sleeper type to keep an eye on. It's very early and hopefully they will both get alot faster.

FYI...Riparelli is black - or half black.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the heads up. We still have more than enough italian sprinters to root for. Cerutti, Collio and De Gregorio.Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For any of you who were wondering who Ivel Lalova is. Here is a video from a couple of years ago. She has run a p.b. of 10.77 which is the 6th fastest time in womens 100 meters history. She is also very beautiful and feminine unlike alot of the man like shemale sprinters she races against. It just goes to show that you can do it naturally. If you think she is good here, can you imagine her on flinstone vitamins? Screw the peds. Look at Flo Jo and many others and what happened. It's just not worth it. You could ask Marion Jones that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RE-WzmVCa8Edited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
I wonder when Ivan Ukhov and Sebastian Bayer will start the season off. They are leaping hopes. The Russians have a couple good high jumpers actually. All Gold medalist contenders in Berlin. The Germans have two long jump threats with Bayer and Nils Winter. The English have Tomlinson and Rutherford, the Greek have a good one. And although the Aussies aren't really international contenders much they have Lapierre and Watts in the long jump.

The main hundred meter threats are Pickering, Cerutti, Blum, Lemaitre, Collio, Connaughton, Yepishin, Di Gregorio, Keller, Osovnikar, Macrozonaris, Schwab, and Kuc.

For the deuce we have Paul Hession, Tobias Unger, another German, maybe Connaughton, maybe Lemaitre.

For the 400 there is Jeremy Wariner with Clyde Hart again!, Gillick, Claudio Liccaridello or whatever, Wissman, Andrew Rock, Sean Wroe, and Martyn Rooney.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kristof Beyens of Belgium opened up his outdoor season today finishing 2nd in the 200 with a time of 20.95. He has a p.b. of 20.44 from a few years ago. Hopefully he can get in the lower 20 second range as he gets in better shape. Simeone Williamson finished dead last in this race taking almost 23 seconds to finish. Lol.

StarWars

Mentor
So far:

10.24 Emanuele Di Gregorio
10.24 Simone Cillio
10.26 Jared Connaughton
10.26 Christophe Lemaitre
10.29 Is Menga white?

Awaiting...Craig Pickering(3 days!), Fabio Cerutti, Christian Blum

Not a bad start at all. I see at least Craig breaking 10.10 this year. Maybe Cerutti too. Lemaitre, Di Gregorio, and Collio will get close.

white is right

Hall of Famer
No from the photos I have seen on the net he looks very African looking. He is named after the French star from the 82 World Cup though...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
No Menga is not white. That is why I deleted my own post yesterday.

Christophe Lemaitre races Sunday. We need some warm weather for Friday and Sunday. Heck is it too much to ask for a sunny, hot weekend with June in sight. Come on sunshine. Fast times on the track and good times at the pool.

Jay Conn will be racing against Bolt next weekend in Canada. Should be interesting. Maybe he will get pulled to a new p.b.

Blum and Cerutti should be racing either this or next weekend I imagine.

StarWars

Mentor
I hope all of those guys break 10.20. I think thel all eill this season, but I'd like to see it early on too. Jay Conn needs to get into the 10.15 range now. It is a good thing he will be racing Bolt.

freedom1

Mentor
Saw this one on Track and Field News today. There's a pic of him, his hair is practically white.

Marek Niit had no misgivings about crossing a continent and an ocean. Trading the comfort and familiarity of home for the uncertainty of a foreign land might deter some, but Arkansas' freshman sprinter is always game for new experiences.

His journey to Fayetteville wasn't the Estonian's first inclination toward wanderlust. Niit, 21, left his home island in the Baltic Sea as a teenager to attend school in the Estonian capital of Tallinn. The hustle and bustle of the metropolis of more than half-a-million people was a dramatic departure from the placid environs of his home town.

"I've always taken those leaps," said Niit, the current Estonian record holder in the 200 meters. "... In the capital, it's like a miniature New York. It's different. There's big buildings and the traffic is messed up. That was the biggest leap I had done at the time."

Relocating to Fayetteville proved to be an even bigger leap. The four-hour trip from the Baltic to Tallinn paled when compared to the transcontinental journey that sent him to Arkansas, where he's thousands of miles from home and family.

Niit said he's given to bouts of homesickness, but he doesn't dwell on it. He'll make a return visit to Estonia this summer to see his mother Anu, an artisan and yoga instructor, his father Vello, an itinerant businessman, and his younger brother Sander.

"I miss home, but I can deal with it," Niit said. "... There's always something different between the states and back in Europe, but I can be accustom to the differences pretty fast."

His only window into Arkansas was fellow Estonian Jaanus Uudamea. The former All-American triple jumper for the Razorbacks convinced the Arkansas coaching staff to recruit Niit.

It wasn't a hard sale. Niit came to prominence on the international stage after winning the 200 meters at the 2006 World Junior Championships in Beijing, China. The win made him a household name in trackand-field circles at home and abroad. Setting the Estonian record in the 200 meters (20.69) further burnished his reputation, but Niit said he's slowly regaining his anonymity.

"[The junior championship] was the climax of my career so far," he said. "It was my first worldwide competition. After the Beijing win, I was known worldwide. I'm getting back to normal again, because I haven't made any fast runs in a while."

Niit will try to change that this weekend at the NCAA Mideast Regional Championship in Louisville, Ky. He'll compete in the 200 meters and comprise one fourth of Arkansas' 4X100-meter relay team. A top-five finish in either event will qualify him for the national meet next month at John McDonnell Field in Fayetteville.

Despite Niit's international renown, Razorback head coach Chris Bucknam said the freshman sprinter lacks seasoning. He ran the 200 meters in open competition for the first time this season at the SEC Outdoor Championship.

"He's a talent," Bucknam said. "There's no question about it. We think he's going to be a bright star for us in the future. Right now he's a freshman trying to figure things out."

Bucknam said Niit's range is one of his best assets. While his strength is the 200, he flashed his versatility at the SEC Meet, where he ran a 45-second split in the 4X400-meter relay.

To Niit, the difference between 200 and 400 meters is negligible. Distance isn't an obstacle for those willing to take a leap.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A couple more results from yesterday. Johan Wissman opened up his season with a 20.67 in the 200 meters. Not too bad.

Also the young German Sprinter, Stefan Schwab ran a new personal best in the 100 of 10.22 wind legal. He just barely turned 22 years of age so time is on his side. Here is his bio. Things in Germany are looking good. Next weekend both Tobias Unger and Christian Blum will be starting their season. The meet will be live on the internet. I can't wait for that one. Blum is gonna have a huge season assuming he is healthy!

http://www.tilastopaja.org/db/atmeaa.php?ID=71869Edited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
I told you Schwab would be good. He won the German Indoors in the 60 and is very, very young. He is very close to Blum speed or even equal. I am so excited for Berlin.

StarWars

Mentor
We have so much talent in the 400 meter. Here is just the best on top lists so far. Much more to come.

44.66 Jeremy Wariner
45.07 Sean Wroe
45.34 Johnothan Borlee
45.35 John Steffenson
45.51 Kevin Borlee
45.63 Pieter Smith
45.64 Jordan Boase
45.80 David Gillick
45.84 Curt Mulcahy

Claudio Licciardello and Johan Wissman have yet to race. Wissman will run a 200 meter tomorrow. If two of these guys can medal, one obiously being Wariner, that would be awesome. We need the world record. Wariner will get it. I know he will. His 200 meter is looking better than ever. I think he can beat his PB of 20.19 in Eugene in one month because he has already ran a 20.30, and is progressing about .2 per race in the 200. He started with a 20.77, then ran a 20.57 two races later, then ran 20.30. Like clockwork, baby.

StarWars

Mentor
So far for the 100 meter:

10.22 Stefan Schwab
10.24 Emanuele Di Gregorio
10.24 Simone Collio
10.26 Craig Pickering
10.26 Jared Connaughton
10.26 Christophe Lemaitre

10.03w Christophe Lemaitre
10.16w Craig Pickering
10.27w Fabio Cerutti

Christian Blum has yet to race as far as I know. The Germans have the advantage in Berlin. Exoect one or more sub 10.10s from them.

Cerutti will beat Di Gregorio and Collio this year. No doubt in my mind. All three are potential sub 10.10s this year. At least one of them.

Craig raced on a slow track in his first race of the year and ran a 10.26. Expect a sub 10.10 at least. He might be the best hope in berlin alongside Lemaitre.

Lemaitre is emerging as one of the best sprinters in his age group. He ran 10.03w the other day. He is well over 6 feet tall, the perfect height for that last 40 meters. His start is 6.63 60m too. He weighs only 155 lbs. He is 18 years old. Scary.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As Craig thinks about Lemaitre, he starts singing that song,

I wish I was a little bit taller,

I wish I was a baller,

I wish I had a girl, I would call her.

OK, I was having a dream like if my name was Brutal(Troll).

He does not have an inferiority complex because he is not black.
He does not fear anyone on or off the track.

Short or tall, Craig will eventually beat them all.
smiley20.gif