Some young guys for future olympics.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a list of some of the young guys to watch out for in the future world championships and olympics.

Poland - Artur Noga 110 High Hurdles.....He made the finals and continues to improve. I will still keep Dariusz Kuc in this list with Poland as he is still only 21 and has alot of upside.

England - Martin Rooney 400 Meters....He is also into the finals tommorow and has a chance to medal. Martin has run in the 44 second range multiple times this season and is quite a talent. He is also 6'6 inches tall. Wow.

England - Greg Rutherford Long Jump... He made the finals and routinely jumps over 8.0 meters. Rooney, Pickering and Rutherford are all only 21 years of age.

England - Craig Pickering 100 Meters...Didn't make it past the quarters but drew Powell and Bolt in his heats. Very talented and still has incredible upside. He will get better and he will go sub 10!

Ireland - Paul Hession 100/200 Meters...Looked good in Beijing and he should continue to improve. While he is a little older, he still has not hit his prime yet. He still has a chance to push for a sub 20 in the deuce. David Gillick as well.

Belgium - The Borlee Brothers 200/400 meters...Both of these guys are outstanding and they are barely old enough to drink. The 400 will be their main even although it is rumored that they want to race alot more deuces.

France - Christophe Lemaitre 100/200 meters....He only ran in the 4 x 100 Relay at the olympics but he is barely 18 years of age. Christophe is a threat over both the 100 and 200 meters. He is the 2008 World Junior Champion over 200 meters! He has also run a 10.26 for a very solid 100 meters best. We havent' seen anything yet. This kid can be world class with out a doubt i.m.o.

South Africa - Wilhelm Van der Vyver 100/200 Meters....Wilhelm took the silver medal at the 2008 World Junior Championships in the 100. He has amazing speed for a teenager. He will continue to improve and should be the similar to Nagel down the road.

Russia - Konstantine Shabanov 110 High Hurdles....2008 World Junior Champion in this event. He comes from an athletic family. He is only a kid and he has sub 13 second potential. He has star written all over him.

Germany - Julian Reuss 100/200 Meters...He is a very powerful sprinter who has had international success. Julian will be one to watch along with Christian Blum of Germany as well. Both of these youngsters have great potential.

Canada - Michael LeBlanc 100/200 Meters...Before he was hurt, Michael rana 10.16 and made the NCAA Finals! Also have to include Jared Connaugton who runs both the 100 & 200 as well. JayConn ran a 10.15 this year and lower his p.b. in the deuce as well.

USA - Joshua Hembrough 110 High Hurdles...One of the best hurdlers in the nation. Very long, lean and talented. I will also add Shane Crawford who runs in the 100 meters. Another young sprinter to watch who also goes to Purdue University like Hembrough. He has already broken the school record in the 60 and has great potential in the 100 meters as well. Both of these college sophmores are ones to keep an eye on!

There are countless other young euro track stars. Feel free to help me out. I just wanted to list a few from around the globe to keep an eye on. The future looks bright with these talented kids in sight.Edited by: white lightning

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Hopefully the future will be better than this Olympics in the middle distances and short sprints, it has been a bit of a disaster so far. The biggest let down was Wariner and his failures since he dumped Clyde Hart.

KG2422

Mentor
Nice list WL.
smiley32.gif
It looks like the sprints may go better next time around.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks KG2422. We need to keep up hope. Too many posters and fans around the world get discouraged. There is always another generation of young kids who have dreams of running fast. It will never end despite alot of people that would rather never see a white track star again. These kids today are starting younger, training harder and eating better. You will see some serious breakthroughs in the caste system in all sports over the next decade. It has already slowly started and track will be no exception. We will have many more Pickering types. You can hold me to that. That will be a great thing to because it's takes alot of the pressure off the few guys that are out there now. The psychological aspect gets to alot of white sprinters which is understandable if you look at the microscope they are under. I just can't wait for europeans to make it more of a level playing field. We need more participants plain and simple.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah it was a very good list you compiled and lots of these guys look to be very talented! Let's hope they keep improving until their late primes.
smiley32.gif

The problem is that we want things to fit into our time line, and unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It's unfortunate that the track events in this Olympics were so heavily dominated by blacks. There are many people that will never watch a T&F event on tv, but come Olympics time with all the hype they will check in. Then they see the 100 m final, with not a white man in sight. They see Usain Bolt blow away the WR, and this lasts in their minds.

But we have to remember that in the coming months and years, this particular games will be forgotten. There white guys who have the shot int he 2012, 2016, and 2020 games are training as we speak. Some of them haven't even started running yet, but will be. If anything, the one white runner who finally wins a 100 m will have, in my mind, the historic significance of Jesse Owens.

To me it makes it all that more interesting. Imagine if black rarely even participated in these events, would it even be that exciting? When we watch the Stanly Cup finals, it's exciting for sure, but there's nobody breaking any racial stereotypes there.

When one of the young white men wins on center stage, there will be more people in the world, more tvs tuned in from other countries, and even more coverage. Usain Bolt will be referenced in passing, but that's it. The closing ceremonies will come soon. This, as I admit, sad chapter in the history of sports will be closed, then it's on to the next thing. I am looking forward to some of these young runners, and hope to see many more.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Excellent post electric slide.Here is something to remember for all the negative people on this board. The government, media, military, etc. can take away your freedom but they can never take away your mind. Your hopes, dreams and visions are always going to be yours. If you are a strong minded person like me and alot of others here, the dream will always stay alive. Passion is everything in life. We have a passion for our culture and our beliefs. Don't ever forget it! Support these men and women, win or lose. They are the ones that will inspire future champions.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The future looks bright despite what some people will tell you. Some people just have their head stuck in the sand and they cannot see the future potential of these track youngsters. This generation has made alot of progress in basketball, football, boxing. What should track be any different. According to guys like Jon Entine, Wariner types don't exist. We know different. The young generation needs new Allan Wells type sprinters to look up to. For anyone who thinks whites will give up on athletics or anything in particular, you have underestimated our people. The European Culture is as proud a culture as you will find. We do not give up until we acheive something. Going sub 10 will be just a stepping stone to winning medals again someday in the future in the short sprints as they continue to crack down on the countless drug cheats of the world.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am following some other really young guys and I might make another list in the future of guys that no one here has probably ever heard of. The holidays are about here so indoor track season will be starting inaround a month or so. I'm excited to see how the guys on this list progress. My wish list would go as follows for this upcoming outdoor season.

Pickering to go in the sub 10.10 range at the very least.

Michael LeBlanc to return to full health and dominate the Big East again.

Paul Hession to break both of his Irish Records in the 100 and 200 meters.

Christophe Lemaitre to get into the 10.15 - 10.20 range and he is still 18 years old.

Artur Noga and K. Shabinov to make their presence known in the 110 hurdles.

The Borlee Brothers, and Martin Rooney to move into the top ten 400 meter sprinters in the world. Rooney is already there!

Greg Rutherford to get a jump in the 8.30 range!

Wilhelm Van der Vyver to run in the 10.20 range as he is barely graduating high school.

Shane Crawford and Joshua Hembrough to dominate Purdue Athletics!

Jared Connaughton to break both of his personal best times in the 100/200!

Last but not least, guys like J. Reuss, C. Blum, and D.Kuc to get back to running fast like a couple of year ago. They are still just barely right around legal drinking age with tons of upside. All three of these young sprinters should be taking it to the next level.

Good luck to all of these youngsters and many more who I haven't mentioned as of yet. We here at Castefootball support each and everyone of you. Here is to a injury free indoor/outdoor season with multiple personal bests. Edited by: white lightning

waterbed

Mentor
Important year for Pickering.he already did run a 10.22 in 2005.I hope he can run now a sub 10.1.I'm optimistic and give him even 25% to run sub10 next year.Lemaitre is very fast at young age I hope he improves.

This guy also keeps sprinting al least for another year.at the time of the olympics in August 2012 he is 30 years old.He hope he comes back into 2007 form or faster.In this picture he is running 10.2 into very big wind.that could be 10.1 without and 10 flat with pushing wind

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Who is that in the picture waterbed? I'm guessing Guus. I'm not sure. When did he run this time and can give me some more info on him? Thanks.

waterbed

Mentor
yes it is Guus Hoogmoed.he did run it in 2007.in 2008 he was mostly not in great form, he injured his back and that keeped him away for good training long part of the season.this year he did weightlifting more because he tought maybe that makes me faster,but Injured his back with it.this year he was more slow on the first 30 meters or so then other years.lately in the season he came a bit into form.he focused on the 200 meter at the end to Qualify for the olympics but he didn;t succeed.in one of the last tries he runned good but stayed more then half a second in the blocks and with the headwind he runned 20.7.positive for him was that the Aussies didn't go with their 4*100 meter team so the netherlands went from 17 to the 16 place which was enough to Qualify for the olympic 4*100 meter team.They even came into the final also because of disqualified countries they were 3rd in semi.guus hoomoed fastest split with 9.16.in the final our half jamaican runner started running far to early so chances for medal were away.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The video wouldn't play waterbed. Thanks for the effort. One thing I look for in any sprinter is to be consistant. Even despite alot of injuries last season, Craig Pickering only ran 1/100th of a second slower than in 2007. Craigs personal best last year was a 10.15 which is very fast. Pickering has shown that he belongs in the top 10-15 sprinters in the world over 100 meters. Now let's see if he can remain healthy and lower his p.b. this year. This is a very big year for Craig as he is 22 years of age now and he needs to continue his assualt on running a sub 10!

I personally still stand by by prediction of him running multiple sub 10's over the next several years. Health will be the number one concern as running these kind of times really takes a toll on you physically. I would be happy to see him get into the 10.05 - 10.10 range this year. That would be outstanding but he may just run even faster than that. If Craig can stay injury free, we might just see that sub 10 already this season. Good luck to Craig Pickering and all of the sprinters on this list. I can hardly wait for the season to start.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some very sad news. From what I just read on a British Site, Craig Pickering is one of three track stars having his funding taken away. What a joke! How can he compete without funding. He is fricking 22 years of age and has run really fast times two years in a row. Craig has the potential to be in an olympic final and they pull his funding. This is so pathetic. Can you imagine if he had to work a regular job and then try to train on top of it? Look at Dallas Robinson and you can see that it is too hard to do. Pickering is a professional sprinter. He needs funding, sports massause, dietician, weight/strength/plyometrics/track coach. It is very expensive to have these things and they are required to compete at the highest level of sprinting.

Let's hope he can pick up some sponsors. I can't believe that the U.K. did this. He is the only male sprinter to have his funding cut. I wonder why!

white is right

Hall of Famer
The British track officials must be the most naive people ever. The make their athletes hold such a high standard for funding yet they are iron clad against doping. What do they think they are forcing their athletes to do keep their funding? It's either that or Pickering and his teammates have to plan the next Great Train Robbery....
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

G

Do you have a link? ThestoriesI read indicated that they werereducingfunding for athetes least likely medal. He's still getting funded, but by not as much. Nothing against Pickering, but you need a 9.90 or under to medal.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
From what I've seen he will get some funding but they are on a very strict budget for all of their athletes. The United Kingdom is going to really struggle to come up with the money necessary for an Olympics that people will remember. England needs to realize however that the athletes are who people come to see. They should never have budget cuts for their future stars.

As for Pickering running 9.90 in the future. He is only barely 22 years of age. Go look at a sprinter like Maurice Green. It takes time to get there. Pickering will be in his prime when the 2012 London Olympic Games are in town. If he can remain healthy, anything is possible. Craig Pickering has incredible talent and he has only shown a glimpse of what the future will bring. I stand by my hypothesis that he will go sub 10 in the near future. The key is that he needs to run in the 10 second range consistantly within the next few years to move up to the next level. He has the potential to run multiple sub 10's if all goes well. I believe that he will.

One thing I really like about Pickerings potential is his ability to finish races very strongly. He can have a bad start and still recover. Craig has a very good top end speed with great speed endurance. He will catch or pass alot of sprinters who beat him out of the blocks. C.Lewis was like that as he would close like a freight train in the last 40 meters.

Christophe Lemaitre is also one of those sprinters who really shows his speed in the middle to the end of both the 100 & 200 meters. When other sprinters are slowing down, it almost appears as if he is at another gear. Lemaitre has that special something that could eventually put him into the world class category. He is only 18 and has already run a 10.26! I will havea close eye on him this year as he continues to progress!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christian Blum had his first indoor race of the season this weekend. He ran a blistering 6.63 in the 60 meters. His p.b. is a 6.59 so he is off to a very fast start. He should lower his p.b. very soon as he feels he can run alot faster. Christian is only 21 years of age and this German Speedster has so much upside. If all goes well this year, he should considerably lower his 100 meters time as well. Blum is built alot like Christophe Lemaitre in that he is very skinny. With some more muscle, both of these young sprinters should really make their mark. Here is a link about the race by Christian Blum. 2009 is off to a great start.

[url]http://74.125.19.101/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http: //www.leichtathletik.de/index.php%3FNavID%3D1%26SiteID%3D28% 26NewsID%3D20410&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgerman%2Bathletics%2 6hl%3Den%26sa%3DG&usg=ALkJrhjzPjXAIow2LKcjllaE75q9brZSUw [/url]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Stefan Schwaub who is another 21 year ofd German Sprinter also ran a 6.76 in his first race out. That isonly 10/100th of a second from qualifying for the Euro Indoor Championships. He is a very good 200 meter runner as well. Now I am just waiting for a Julian Ruess siting as he is around 20 -21 years of age himself.

They have some exciting young sprinters over there in Germany to help to compliment the other guys like Tobias Unger, Till Helmke and Sebastian Ernst. It must be that great German Beer that makes the run so fast. Lol.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Mac is back. Talk about a blast from the past. Nic Macrozonaris ran a 6.65 yesterday to win in Canada. He is going to be 29 years of age this year. Nic has had an up and down career but I'm very happy to see him still doing what he loves. Maybe if he can stay healthy, he can run some fast times this season. Good luck to Nic the quick!
smiley32.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
I hope he is running for the love of game so speak. From what I have seen from him. He has basically seemed beaten down by the red tape of the Canadian Olympic Committee/Track Association. The smarmy bean counters could bring a bubbly Richard Simmons personality type down to a Steven Wright personality...
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jared Connaughton opened his season today in Houston running a 6.70 in his race. That is a great time to start the year with. JayConn ran a 10.15 last year in the 100 so I'm hoping he can go faster this year. His 200 times are world class as well.