Size with speed

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I would have like to see Matt Jones at quarterback. I think he would be a fine quarterback. He has good size at 6'6 and would lead the league every year in rushing yards among quarterbacks. At least he's a white receiver instead of a tight end which many mentioned he should be.

guest301

Hall of Famer
coolness11 said:
I agree his columns are different from most black sportswriters that play the race card frequently but I have read a lot of his columns and in the majority of the ones I've read he takes a bias stance. He's not very skilled in writing in the sense he'll take a shallow stance on an issue and then completely backtrack and his stance is, then, completely up in the air. He'll bash Adam Jones for being an idiot to get in trouble again but then he'll hint at the fact that Dallas police are eager to arrest Pacman jones based on his skin color (again playing the race card). His most recent column says Charlie Weis is not a better coach than Tyrone Willingham (a black coach) -- at the beginning of the article he says "I never bashed Notre Dame for firing Willingham" but immediately backtracks and says Notre Dame got what they deserved in firing Willingham and hiring Weis.

I think what we have in Jason Whitlock is a black writer who is trying to be edgy and "break the mold" and point out what blacks do wrong as well as whites...kind of what Bill Cosby did. But his bias is to strong and it comes out in his articles. His articles are bunch of different almost contradicting opinions thrown together and at the end you're wondering truly what Jason Whitlock really feels about the issue.

If Whitlock wants to be evolutionary he needs to take a solid stance on the matter, and point out the truth in the reverse discrimination going on in the NFL with whites being discriminated against without backtracking and saying "well blacks were slaves for a long time so thats what white people deserve.."

Good point, coolness. You obviously read Whitlock's column more frequently than I do and I respect your opinion. I second Jaxvids post on welcoming you to the board.

icsept

Master
I usually enjoy Whitlock's articles. He knows football, but of course all of his perspectives are "race-colored." He at least acknowledged in one article that the best NFL teams had a higher percentage of White players. However, anybody that would reply "I'll pray for you" to an email is a d-bag.

As far as Matt Jones as an NFL QB: he didn't appear to have an NFL arm. Yeah, he could have been a better version of Mike Vick, but that would still suck.

white tornado

Mentor
Matt jones would be a betterQb than Gurrard, he still ould be a dink and dunk Qb but he would be a much better athelete.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
without a doubt Matt Jones has the talent to be a quarterback in the NFL. however, he had shoulder issues at Arkansas and was severely limited in how much he could throw in practice.

with this information, i think he is at his best position for him in the NFL. now if he just had a quarterback that get him the ball... he's a bigger, faster version of Randy Moss.
smiley2.gif

edited to add: it was said when Jones was drafted that he was the biggest fast (or fastest big) athlete to ever play in the NFL. by that logic, Matt Jones might be the most athletic player in NFL history.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood