Size with speed

Observer

Mentor
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Darren McFadden only runs a 10.8 100 meter.
Is he really that slow? How weak is he? I should maybe try out, even though I'm twice his age.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
just trust you blind dawg?
smiley36.gif
don't hold your breath.

your "official" numbers are nearly all wrong. your assertions ARE all wrong.

if you are sincere in your concern and not just some idiot troll, then ask yourself why Jeremy Wariner who was an outstanding football player in high school was told he wasn't fast enough to play for the Baylor football team in college.

yes, that's the same Jeremy Wariner who has dominated the 400 meters for the better part of the last 6 years.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Observer said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Is he really that slow? How weak is he? I should maybe try out, even though I'm twice his age.

Well maybe i should look that one up, but that is what I have seen a couple times from posters on message boards.
Sam McGuffie is also a 10.8x guy, but has 4.32 speed because of jaw dropping off the charts acceleration.

I did see McFadden get run down on a long run in the NFL by a CB already (which might hint to that being true) which is something that happens to lots of RBs. You are only faulted for this if you are white. A 50 yard run becomes a negative for a white guy when he is run down by DeAngelo Hall.
smiley11.gif

G

ToughJ.Riggins said:
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Travis Jervey was fast as hell, he came in 4th in the entire NFL in the fastest man competition. He was never given a chance to run the ball despite eye popping speed measurables and strength to boot (He could squat 700 lbs.) Jervey fumbled a couple times and remained in Holmgren's dog house. Jervey ran a legit 4.3 40 yard dash.

White Don Bebee ran a 4.2 flat as did Deion Sanders. Bo Jackson has the 40 yard record (pre-electronic) with a 4.18. Bo Jackson was just a freak of the likes that may never be seen again in the NFL and had world class 100 meter speed too (and played baseball), but still he never ran under 10 seconds over 100 meters (the white record). As I said you can keep throwing track numbers around, but the reality is there are lots of black RBs who run 4.6 40s and get playing time. Whites measure up fine in the short area burst, cutting ability and tackle breaking abilities to play RB.

So tell me slick what did Jervey do as a trackster at The Citadel? I know all about Travis Jervey and to tell me he could hang with the elite black speedsters of the NFL is ridiculous.

Give me the name of the white American who has ran a sub 10.10. Good luck!

The Packers had Phil Epps a 10.16 guy, Mike Miller a 10.10 guy, Travis Williams a 9.3 guy. All faster than Jervey. That's just talking Packers. You have any idea how many sub 10.25 black sprinters have made NFL rosters? Give me the name of the sub 10.25 white sprinter to accomplish that? Good luck!

How about the long jump and Eric Metcalf a 27 footer, wanna talk the NFL and the 110's? How about the 400m? You really watch football, hard to believe?Edited by: Blind Dawg

G

Jimmy Chitwood said:
just trust you blind dawg?
smiley36.gif
don't hold your breath.

your "official" numbers are nearly all wrong. your assertions ARE all wrong.

if you are sincere in your concern and not just some idiot troll, then ask yourself why Jeremy Wariner who was an outstanding football player in high school was told he wasn't fast enough to play for the Baylor football team in college.

yes, that's the same Jeremy Wariner who has dominated the 400 meters for the better part of the last 6 years.

Sorry little fella but my numbers are right on, as are my assertions. So you're another blind as a bat know nothing I see. Go ahead talk to me about those fast white NFLers. You name one I'll name 20 faster black guys. Care to test me?Edited by: Blind Dawg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Observer said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:

Observer, to put McFadden in perspective, Danny Woodhead ran an identical 4.33 40-yard time, had a higher vertical leap (38.5 inches), had a faster shuttle/pro-agility time (4.03), and also nearly doubled the number of bench press reps that McFadden put up.

Woodhead threw up the 225-pound weight 20 times. McFadden only threw up 12, if i recall correctly.

yet the white Woodhead wasn't even worthy of a Combine invite, while black McFadden was a "phenomenal talent" who was drafted in the first round.

Observer

Mentor
When Jervey was with the Packers, they had 4 sub 4.4 guys --- 3 were white (Jervey, Beebe, Bill Schoeder). Both Beebe and Jervey were in the top 6 or so fastest in the league. Jervey was BY FAR the biggest and strongest of the real speedsters in the league, most [all?] of whom were under 190 lbs.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
blind dawg, you have numerous players who are said to run 9.4 or faster 100-meters. of course, these aren't valid. they would all be nearly a half-second faster than the current world record.
smiley2.gif

check yourself. i treated you respectfully, but you're clearly one of these keyboard tough guys. and your rude behavior is certainly uncalled for.
smiley11.gif

Observer

Mentor
Blind Dawg said:
So tell me slick what did Jervey do as a trackster at The Citadel? I  know all about Travis Jervey and to tell me he could hang with the elite black speedsters of the NFL is ridiculous. 

Give me the name of the white American who has ran a sub 10.10.  Good luck!
...  Give me the name of the sub 10.25 white sprinter to accomplish that? Good luck!

How about the long jump and Eric Metcalf a 27 footer, wanna talk the NFL and the 110's? How about the 400m? 
White Americans are not real big into track.

G

Jimmy Chitwood said:
blind dawg, you have numerous players who are said to run 9.4 or faster 100-meters. of course, these aren't valid. they would all be nearly a half-second faster than the current world record.
smiley2.gif

check yourself. i treated you respectfully, but you're clearly one of these keyboard tough guys. and your rude behavior is certainly uncalled for.
smiley11.gif

Ever hear of the 100 yard dash? Stone Johnson was a 1960 Olympian in the 200m and a 9.3 yards guy while at Grambling. You actually thought I thought...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, just so you know, I'm a football/track historian..ok? I go back to the days of Lon Myers, Bernie Wefers, Howard Drew the first fast black sprinter and so on. I know all about the world of speed. To try and sell me on white speed isn't going to work because I know better. Yes up until 1964 and Bob Hayes the white sprinter was very successful, hell the 52,56 and 60 Oly 100m was won by white sprinters. Yes "Jaguar" Jon Arnet and Hugh "The King" McElenny could scoot. There was also Dickie Post who had good speed. Can't ignore Mr.Outside Glen Davis. It's been in the last 30 or so years where we've seen the white speed world totally crumble, I know this and so do you.....right?Edited by: Blind Dawg

G

Observer said:
Blind Dawg said:
So tell me slick what did Jervey do as a trackster at The Citadel? I know all about Travis Jervey and to tell me he could hang with the elite black speedsters of the NFL is ridiculous.

Give me the name of the white American who has ran a sub 10.10. Good luck!
... Give me the name of the sub 10.25 white sprinter to accomplish that? Good luck!

How about the long jump and Eric Metcalf a 27 footer, wanna talk the NFL and the 110's? How about the 400m?

Let's look at white Europe and Asia, where are their great sprinters? Why is it any country with both black/white athlets it's the blacks who rule the speed world?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes exactly. The white speed crumbling would seem to have something to do with steroids working better on West African's genetically then whites. Read the track forum where we were discussing this. And yes, I'm positive JC knows of the 100 yard dash, but you did not indicate that is what you were writing. The 100 yard dash was used in the United States often in the 1960s and even in the early 70s. As we all know the U.S is too good to adopt the metric system.
smiley36.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Lots of the top 200 meter guys and even a few 100 meter guys in Europe are white. There isn't much interest or recruitment of white speedsters in the United States. It is definitely true that blacks are faster than whites over 100 meters, but what does that have to do with physical football in pads on grass where runs of over 25 yards are very rare? Blacks are not faster from 0-25 yards and only marginally faster over 40 yards.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

G

ToughJ.Riggins said:
Yes exactly. The white speed crumbling would seem to have something to do with steroids working better on West African's genetically then whites. Read the track forum where we were discussing this. And yes, I'm positive JC knows of the 100 yard dash, but you did not indicate that is what you were writing. The 100 yard dash was used in the United States often in the 1960s and even in the early 70s. As we all know the U.S is too good to adopt the metric system.
smiley36.gif

So ..

Eddie Tolan

Jesse Owens

Ralph Metcalfe

Mozelle Ellerbe

Harrison Diliard

Andy Stanfield

George Anderson

Richard Stebbins

Barney Ewell

Eulace Peacock

Frank Budd

Ray Norton

Ira Murchison

Leamon King

Charles Tidwell

Bob Hayes

Henry Carr

Paul Drayton

Edwin Roberts

Mel Pender

Herb McKenley

E.Mcdonald Bailey

Mack Robinson

Tommie Smith

Jimmy Hines

Charlie Greene

Bernie Rivers

Trenton Jackson

John Carlos

Ronnie Ray Smith

Harry Jerome

Sam Perry

All black world class sprinters prior to 1970 were on steroids?Edited by: Blind Dawg

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I think if you look back from the 20 years from 1968 to 1988 where blacks had equal access to track, but steroids hadn't flooded track worldwide until Ben Johnson, you would find very different results. Instead of the current .3 second difference over 100 meters between the top 5 or so blacks and whites on any given year, it was more like a .10 second difference. So what does a three or four foot advantage over 100 meters have to do with football again?

And how can you say that blacks have better burst and lateral agility when short shuttle, 10, 20 yard dash, and 3 cone times say otherwise?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The average WR at this years NFL combine ran a 4.57 electronic 40 yard dash. There are a significant number of whites that have that sub 4.6 speed coveted to play WR in the NFL. The media over exaggerates average football speed. I would say your average "starting" WR runs a 4.5 or so. Jordy Nelson was called an overachiever by Sporting News and ESPN said he lacks deep speed to separate and he runs a 4.49. So Blind Dog, tell me why Nick Saban wanted to cut Wes Welker in 2005 again? I'm just curious, because to me there seems an obvious answer!

Sean

Mentor
You've been given ample examples of fast white football players, but you won't acknowledge. Time to troll elsewhere.
smiley20.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jervey finished4th in the NFL's Fastest Man contest the one year he entered it.

Pointing out Chris Johnson is a great example because he is clearly so much faster than the other players. The NFL is not filled with super-fast players, which is why Johnson and someone like Willie Parker stand out. How fast do you think Edgerrin James, Jamal Lewis and many other black running backs are?

There are plenty of white players at all positions who are competitive speed-wise with blacks. How often do you read about this or that team's secondary being slow? Often. And that secondary is almost always all black.

There are also plenty of fast whites who never get recruited by major college programs, and if they manage to overcome that hurdle are usually screwed over by the NFL.

The other point is that speed is but one component of athleticism and what it takes to play football or any other sport other than sprinting.

Thank you for your ignorant anti-white attitudes Brutal, now go back toyour crack pipe.Edited by: Don Wassall

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah why were...Mike Furrey, Kevin Curtis, Jordy Nelson, Wes Welker etc. all walk-ons? They can play in the NFL, but not Division IA? Around 40 percent of white NFL WRS in the past 15 years are walk-ons. Why did white Andrew Rock who won a gold medal for the U.S 400 meter relay team not get a Division IA scholarship?

Hey at least people have now begun to see that whites are just as good over 400 meters recently. If given a chance to play RB; people would see it there too.

I've had enough arguing with this troll on a day off work!

Observer

Mentor
Blind Dawg said:

Let's look at white Europe and Asia, where are their great sprinters? Why is it any country with both black/white athlets it's the blacks who rule the speed world?
Whites as a minority in South Africa are fast. Wilhelm Van Der Vyve
This white speed deterioriation is a strange thing; personally, I see it more in apocalyptic terms.

Jimmy Chitwood said:
Woodhead threw up the 225-pound weight 20 times. McFadden only threw up 12, if i recall correctly.

Woodhead is an amazing specimen, though my all-time favortie White tailback is still Travis Jervey.If I remember correctly, there was an article in "Muscle and Fitness" magazine about seven years ago about Travis Jervey. It said that he ran the forty in 4.3 flat and repped 225 lbs. on the bench somewhere between 25 and 31 times.
smiley32.gif
25 to 31 times for a man 6' 1" and 198 lbs. is freaking ridiculous. But, STILL, the Negro Felons League showed NO "love" for Jervey. What a crock.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:
smiley2.gif
smiley11.gif

Ever hear of the 100 yard dash?  Stone Johnson was a 1960 Olympian in the 200m and a 9.3 yards guy while at Grambling. You actually thought I thought...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Dude,  just so you know, I'm a football/track historian..ok?  I go back to the days of Lon Myers, Bernie Wefers, Howard Drew the first fast black sprinter and so on. I know all about the world of speed.  To try and sell me on white speed isn't going to work because I know better.  Yes up until 1964 and Bob Hayes the white sprinter was very successful, hell the 52,56 and 60 Oly 100m was won by white sprinters. Yes "Jaguar" Jon Arnet and Hugh "The King" McElenny could scoot.  There was also Dickie Post who had good speed. Can't ignore Mr.Outside Glen Davis. It's been in the last 30 or so years where we've seen the white speed world totally crumble, I know this and so do you.....right?

*yawn*

first of all, as Tough noted, you hadn't specified the 100 "yards," dude. but running a 9.+ second 100-yard dash isn't that big a deal. hell, even former Presidential candidate Ron Paul ran a 9.+ second 100-yards. by your analysis, shouldn't he have been in the NFL or Olympics?
smiley2.gif

secondly, you've accidentally made our point for us. as trolls so often do.

you admitted that up until the late 60's there were numerous examples of white athletes who not only excelled on the track but also on the football field. have white people simply quit giving birth to fast kids since then? i don't think so.

perhaps that's why you keep ignoring the examples of fleet-footed white men that we keep providing.

a good question would be why you are so insistent on black supremacy in sports alone? who/why/how does that help anyone, including blacks?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Groundfighter, you are spot on about Jervey. he was a damn impressive athlete, and it's a shame he was screwed over.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Blind Dog talked about sub 10.25 100 meter guys to make an NFL roster. Trindon Holliday is the fastest Division IA college football player in the last 5 years, if I recall, and certainly the fastest current one, but at 5'5 and a LSU backup, will likely not play in the NFL. Trindon runs a 10.02 still above the white record. Hershall Walker was the fastest 100 meter NFL player of his day and he ran a 10.22, but Don Bebee was faster than Walker over 40 yards running a 4.2 flat hand-timed. Matt Jones is 6'6 235lbs and runs a 4.37 40 yard dash......................................etc. etc.

Observer said:
Both Beebe and Jervey were in the top 6 or so fastest in the league.

Beebe tied that idiotic clown Deion Sanders in a 40 yard dash one season. They both ran a 4.2. To this day, Deion refuses to admit that Beebe is/was as fast as he is.