San Francisco 49ers General Thread

Warhawk_46

Master
How much does ESPN hate McCaffrey? So they have him as their 10th ranked player in the whole league but have him projected for only 873 yards rushing and 7 TD and 567 yards receiving and 3 TD.

He will rush easily rush for 1200+ yards with another 600+ receiving. I’d give an outside chance of another 1000/1000 yard season to be honest.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
49ers surprised by Trey Lance trade compensation: ‘Cowboys came up big’

Let's break this down. Three years after swapping 1st round picks with the Dolphins in 2021, giving up the 2022 and 2023 first round picks along with a 2022 third round pick to Miami as well they trade him away for a fourth round pick. Somehow the Cowboys offering a single 4th round pick is supposed to make up for the huge mistake on the part of the 49ers and brush Trey Lance's all time bust ranking under the rug. I still have yet to see any biting criticism of Lance for failing to live up to the hype bestowed upon him by the main stream sports media, every draft "expert" out there and delusional casual fans everywhere. It's all the fault of the 49ers organization. Can't make this stuff up!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
49ers surprised by Trey Lance trade compensation: ‘Cowboys came up big’

Let's break this down. Three years after swapping 1st round picks with the Dolphins in 2021, giving up the 2022 and 2023 first round picks along with a 2022 third round pick to Miami as well they trade him away for a fourth round pick. Somehow the Cowboys offering a single 4th round pick is supposed to make up for the huge mistake on the part of the 49ers and brush Trey Lance's all time bust ranking under the rug. I still have yet to see any biting criticism of Lance for failing to live up to the hype bestowed upon him by the main stream sports media, every draft "expert" out there and delusional casual fans everywhere. It's all the fault of the 49ers organization. Can't make this stuff up!
Jerrah Jones is tickled that he gets to "develop" a great young talent (his words) under the tutelage of Dak Prescott. I believe the 4th rounder was a bit too high of a price to pay.

Warhawk_46

Master
Jerrah Jones is tickled that he gets to "develop" a great young talent (his words) under the tutelage of Dak Prescott. I believe the 4th rounder was a bit too high of a price to pay.
Far too high a price.

Lynch is just lucky Purdy and CMC saved their season last year. With how much they have up to draft a raw project of a player in Lance, he deserves to be fired.

The Hock

Master
Far too high a price.

Lynch is just lucky Purdy and CMC saved their season last year. With how much they have up to draft a raw project of a player in Lance, he deserves to be fired.
When the coaches pass Lynch in the hall they're probably thinking....three first round picks...three first round picks...

Maybe the NFL can have a trophy for dumbest transaction of the year. Call it the Mike Ditka Award.

white is right

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Most White QBs seem to lack "creativity" ie. taking off and running with the ball according to bust Robert Griffin III (RGMe, RGKnee, the gremlin). Griffin has a huge ego, vanity, internal racial conflicts (trying to maintain his blackness while only marrying White women) and bitterness all going for him. He celebrated openly during the draft broadcast when the Vikings selected Kellen Mond as both his bitterness at his former teammate Kirk Cousins and essentially racism in thinking that Mond was a threat to Cousins. It's also hilarious how wrong he was about Mond because Mond has been absolute trash and is not athletic but Griffin in his draft statements just show the peak superficiality of the whole evaluation process. Revisit this for yourself:

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringm...-cousins-probably-not-happy-about-kellen-mond

For anyone astute enough to read between the lines we are seeing the narrative being pushed that Whites are not capable of playing the position and black quarterbacks are getting pushed from every angle unchallenged. Bigots like Griffin (Warren Moon/Doug Williams cried for years about the plight of black QBs) are coming out in main stream media backed up by millions of racially neutered Whites and their browner militant fans.

Here is the article from today:

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/202...hanahan-control-freak-brock-purdy-trey-lance/

The 49ers’ decision to trade Trey Lance was a loud confirmation that San Francisco moved on from the No. 3 pick in the 2021 draft and set its sites on a future with quarterback Brock Purdy – the No. 262 pick in the 2022 draft.

Surely no voice in that decision was louder than head coach Kyle Shanahan’s, who now has what former NFL QB and ESPN analyst Robert Griffin III calls the best of both worlds under center.

Griffin joined Kevin Clark on Clark’s new show ‘This is Football’ and talked about why he thinks Shanahan and the 49ers never figured things out with Lance.

“My issue with Trey Lance and Kyle is that I thought that Trey Lance would allow Kyle and the 49ers to take that next step as a team,” Griffin said. “Because Kyle loves guys that are predictable, right? Look at our team in Washington with myself and Kirk Cousins. Kirk was a guy that they knew ‘hey, if we draw this play up, he’s gonna go boom, boom, boom, boom and get it to where we think it should go.’ Whereas guys like myself, Jalen Hurts, Patrick Mahomes, all these guys – there’s a little more creativity to the game. It’s not that you’re trying to draw outside the lines, but you do. And I thought Trey could provide that for Kyle because I think that’s his kryptonite. Kyle’s a control freak. Brock Purdy gives him a little bit of both worlds. He gives him the predictability of, ‘hey, he’s gonna go through his reads and do this, this, this, this,’ but he can also create on the back end. They just liked it more from Brock than they got it from Trey.”

Griffin was the No. 2 overall pick of Washington in the 2012 draft. He had a lot of success as a rookie, but injuries and organizational turmoil kept his career from ever really taking off.

While the term ‘control freak’ may come off as strong, it makes a lot of sense as to why Shanahan has success with quarterbacks in the Kirk Cousins, Nick Mullens, Jimmy Garoppolo, Brock Purdy vein. There’s not a ton of creativity in that group, full stop, and certainly not enough to think any of them will ditch the offense to freelance.

Part of the reason the 49ers had so much success with Purdy under center last year was, as Griffin pointed out, Purdy’s ability to create outside the structure of the offense. An important caveat though is he typically only did that when he had to. Sometimes his receivers were covered up, and sometimes the pressure got home and forced him to try and make a play.

There’s plenty Purdy still has to prove entering his second NFL season and first as a full-time starter. He still has to be consistently excellent within the structure of the offense, but the ability to create outside of that might be the difference between the 49ers winning and losing a Super Bowl with Purdy under center. If that freelance playmaking is ultimately helping San Francisco score points at the 33.5 PPG clip they were at the final six weeks of last season, Shanahan will have to concede some control to the QB in order to bring home the elusive Lombardi Trophy.

jphoss

Mentor
What a retarded comment. It’s the quarterback’s job to get the ball where it’s supposed to go!

PhillyBirds

Mentor
When running the play the coaches called and throwing the ball where it's supposed to go are weaknesses, all "mobile" quarterbacks seem great!

Warhawk_46

Master
One free agent is like to see SF target is guard Kevin Zeitler. He is in his mid-30s but has shown zero signs of drop off. He would be excellent guard for San Fran and open holes for McCaffrey.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Brock Wright gets a nice offer sheet to back up George Kittle:

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the 49ers’ offer sheet for Brock Wright is worth $12 million over three years.
The Lions initially tendered Wright on a one-year, $3 million contract his offseason. The tender allows Wright to seek a better offer but still gives Detroit a chance to match. Now they have to choose between letting Wright walk or signing him to a three-year, $12 million deal. It’s a good contract for a backup tight end, but Wright has earned more than a one-year contract. In addition to his backup duties, Wright is a strong blocker and plays plenty on special teams.

How much does ESPN hate McCaffrey? So they have him as their 10th ranked player in the whole league but have him projected for only 873 yards rushing and 7 TD and 567 yards receiving and 3 TD.

He will rush easily rush for 1200+ yards with another 600+ receiving. I’d give an outside chance of another 1000/1000 yard season to be honest.

As it turned out CMac rushed for 1459 yards in 2023 to lead the league. He also had 564 yards receiving for 2023 yards from scrimmage to lead the league in that category as well.

And Christian McCaffrey sat out the last game of the season.

Warhawk_46

Master
Saw an article on Sports Illustrated where the writer made it clear there were better running backs than McCaffrey (Henry and Mosert were the examples he gave) and that after next year the 49ers should move on from McCaffrey.

I guarantee if CMC was black not a single writer would be saying the team would be better off without him after he lead the league in rushing, averaged 5.4 a carry, lead the league in scrimmage yards as well as receiving by a running back… oh and total
touchdowns as well.

The ONLY reason an article like that gets written is because the author is likely antiwhite.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Saw an article on Sports Illustrated where the writer made it clear there were better running backs than McCaffrey (Henry and Mosert were the examples he gave) and that after next year the 49ers should move on from McCaffrey.

I guarantee if CMC was black not a single writer would be saying the team would be better off without him after he lead the league in rushing, averaged 5.4 a carry, lead the league in scrimmage yards as well as receiving by a running back… oh and total
touchdowns as well.

The ONLY reason an article like that gets written is because the author is likely antiwhite.
Do you have a link?

Snow Plow

Guru
Lazy article. San Fran was 6-12 on 3rd down against Detroit and 10-16 against GB in the playoffs. C-Mac had multiple conversions and very few failures that I saw.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lazy article. San Fran was 6-12 on 3rd down against Detroit and 10-16 against GB in the playoffs. C-Mac had multiple conversions and very few failures that I saw.
He writes as if it's written in stone that the 49ers can't throw to McCaffrey more often on third downs. San Fran has some great options on offense, and fine-tuning game plans to rectify what was a weakness last season is easy enough to do. He even admits that no RBs are better than Christian when it comes to receiving.

Agree that it's a lazy and poorly reasoned article, with obvious anti-McCaffrey animus mixed in as well.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
He writes as if it's written in stone that the 49ers can't throw to McCaffrey more often on third downs. San Fran has some great options on offense, and fine-tuning game plans to rectify what was a weakness last season is easy enough to do. He even admits that no RBs are better than Christian when it comes to receiving.

Agree that it's a lazy and poorly reasoned article, with obvious anti-McCaffrey animus mixed in as well.
They are just eager for the anomaly that is a super productive white running back to disappear

I really hope Louis Rees-Zammit becomes mccaffrey 2.0