San Francisco 49ers General Thread

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 49ers may trade Lance just to get rid of a mistake and lingering problem.

49ers HC Kyle Shanahan has named Sam Darnold as the backup quarterback to Brock Purdy.
Darnold signed with the 49ers this offseason and needed just two preseason appearances to earn the backup job behind Brock Purdy. In his two preseason outings, Darnold completed 16-of-22 passes for 193 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Darnold saw somewhat of a resurgence in 2022 with the Panthers when he led them to a 4-2 record while throwing for 1143-7-3 after coming back from injury. He’d have some streaming appeal in 2QB/superflex leagues if Purdy were to ever miss time.

Wow I'm shocked. We all know Lance should have never been drafted that high let along talked up like he was another Mahomes. The
media, scouts, dwf's and CUCKS Worldwide just fanstasize about all of these guys. I hope he does get shipped away as the fact
that the kid is still talked up by many is a complete farce. Happy for Purdy and Darnold. Both well deserved!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I for one do not want to see him traded, as it could supplant a White player as a backup somewhere else. Better he stays stuck in 3rd string QB purgatory.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I for one do not want to see him traded, as it could supplant a White player as a backup somewhere else. Better he stays stuck in 3rd string QB purgatory.

Lots of rumors about the Vikings being interested. Let's all be honest - for what the 49ers gave up to trade up for him despite his limited experience in college, his lack of passing ability, the fact he was a plug and play player for the most dominant FCS team - he's an all time bust. As someone who follows the draft and called this/criticized the hell out of his hype during the 2020/2021 draft cycle I feel vindicated. He's an all time bust.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of rumors about the Vikings being interested. Let's all be honest - for what the 49ers gave up to trade up for him despite his limited experience in college, his lack of passing ability, the fact he was a plug and play player for the most dominant FCS team - he's an all time bust. As someone who follows the draft and called this/criticized the hell out of his hype during the 2020/2021 draft cycle I feel vindicated. He's an all time bust.
The 49ers didn't want him, they crumbled under the pressure to take Lance after mock drafts had White QBs going one two three. Can't have that in the NFL anymore even if the next 29 picks were projected to be Black. Mac Jones was who they wanted but at least they've recognized their mistake early instead of magnifying and prolonging it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The 49ers didn't want him, they crumbled under the pressure to take Lance after mock drafts had White QBs going one two three. Can't have that in the NFL anymore even if the next 29 picks were projected to be Black. Mac Jones was who they wanted but at least they've recognized their mistake early instead of magnifying and prolonging it.

It's crazy it has gotten to this point if you ask me. They lucked out with Purdy. I think Shanahan wanted Mac Jones but Lynch and their scouting "experts" wanted dat upside of Lance. Their is even some stuff going around social media stating how the Shanahan's prefer White QBs going back to RGMe.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After all the howling and whining started about the White QBs going one two three, the 49ers decided to work out Lance again and all of a sudden supposedly became enamored of his "upside." Before that they were solidly linked to Jones. It was an obvious case of appeasement, similar to how Baltimore took Jackson with the final pick of the first round so that he went in the first round after the howling kept growing with every pick of that round until Jackson was taken, the opposite of what was barely restrained celebrating when Levis fell out of the first round, or when QBs like Sam Howell went well after they were originally forecast to go.

what's the worst that would have happened if they hadn't crumbled under the pressure and drafted Jones?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
what's the worst that would have happened if they hadn't crumbled under the pressure and drafted Jones?
Nothing would have happened, it would have been quickly forgotten as Lance still would have been taken later in the first round by another team. And Shanahan would have done a better job of developing Jones than The Genius has so far. I do think Mac is going to have a very good year in '23 now that Bill O'Brien is back, but last year was a disaster for Jones and the entire offense after a promising rookie year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You guys know the saying if you give an inch they will take a mile. This magical qb movement started slow and now is
in turbo supercharged mode. If every team had a starting qb with oily hips then the left would complain about the punters.
This will not end well. I say it's gone far enough. Like with getting rid of affirmitive action. Let the best man with the qb job
regardless of ethnicity. Of course that would only happen in a fair world. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Nothing would have happened, it would have been quickly forgotten as Lance still would have been taken later in the first round by another team. And Shanahan would have done a better job of developing Jones than The Genius has so far. I do think Mac is going to have a very good year in '23 now that Bill O'Brien is back, but last year was a disaster for Jones and the entire offense after a promising rookie year.
All time bone head decision by The Genius last season hiring Joe Judge and Fat Matt as his co-offensive coordinators, lol. Even dwf talking heads were perplexed by this chess move…

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
You guys know the saying if you give an inch they will take a mile. This magical qb movement started slow and now is
in turbo supercharged mode. If every team had a starting qb with oily hips then the left would complain about the punters.
This will not end well. I say it's gone far enough. Like with getting rid of affirmitive action. Let the best man with the qb job
regardless of ethnicity. Of course that would only happen in a fair world. Just my two cents.

You aren't wrong. The origins of the modern black quarterback movement go back to the spread option craze brought to us by none other than Urban Meyer. The NFL started massaging and manipulating it's rules to allow for the spread option offense to be implemented and work in the NFL. This is why we see inflated passing numbers across the board and more simplistic offense schemes being implemented (Kyler Murray running his high school offense at Arizona is a great example). Fact is just like everything else the drunk White fans malleable collective mindset has now latched onto the lie that blacks are magic at the QB position. I can say with confidence I have been the most vocal opponent and critic of the blackening of the QB position over the past 15 years.

jphoss

Mentor
Anthony Richardson will join him as an all time bust a few years from now. Maybe this years draft the colts will luck out the same way the 49ers did with Purdy

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Anthony Richardson will join him as an all time bust a few years from now. Maybe this years draft the colts will luck out the same way the 49ers did with Purdy
I had the same thought about Richardson. Totally in agreement with you.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I plan on using Lance and Purdy as the example of the Caste system. Everytime I can, I plan on drawing attention to this.

I also await Murray to underperform. And he will.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Richardson sucks. I don’t care what color he is, he isn’t a good quarterback and never will be.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
He already has!
Murray's best asset by far is his running ability, but now, still in the midst of a long recuperation from a torn ACL, he won't be ready to start the season and it's yet to be seen if he will still be a running quarterback when he does return. Given how small he is, if his running ability is diminished or he's reluctant to run, he's pretty much done and the new regime hopefully will give Clayton Tune a full opportunity to start a new era after the huge failure of Kucksbury.

jphoss

Mentor
It seems every running black qb, which is pretty much every single one, has the same character arc- Start out well bc the league has no tape on how to defend them yet which leads to fetish level hype but then defenses figure out how to defend them so they have a “disappointing” year. By the third year there is even more tape on them and they have nothing to counter with which leads to a steep decline. But before the dwf can question it another new batch of quotas are generating media hype to garner the attention of the dwf. Vick, Vince young, Culpepper, kaepernick, newton, watson, murray, jackson. And we will see it with fields this year guaranteed

Warhawk_46

Master
Serves them right for their cowardly stance. I would have thought a guy like Lynch would be better.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Serves them right for their cowardly stance. I would have thought a guy like Lynch would be better.

They are all the same. Lynch has been one of the most anti-White GMs in the league since he got the job. Ironically now the DWFs and dumb black fans on social media and mainstream media are pushing the narrative that Shanahan and Lynch did not do enough to help Lance develop. The guy has been in the league for three years and displayed no trait or characteristic showing he was worth all of that draft capital to move up for the 3rd overall pick and get him. People are conveniently forgetting that that Lance had all of last season as the number 1 QB and failed to show anything. Black victimization has reached the QB position. Well done NFL!

Warhawk_46

Master
They are all the same. Lynch has been one of the most anti-White GMs in the league since he got the job. Ironically now the DWFs and dumb black fans on social media and mainstream media are pushing the narrative that Shanahan and Lynch did not do enough to help Lance develop. The guy has been in the league for three years and displayed no trait or characteristic showing he was worth all of that draft capital to move up for the 3rd overall pick and get him. People are conveniently forgetting that that Lance had all of last season as the number 1 QB and failed to show anything. Black victimization has reached the QB position. Well done NFL!
It boggles the mind when a white player, especially in a position that typically doesn’t allow whites (such as defensive backs) and who you know knows that whites are just as capable… turns around and continues the charade once he is in a position of power like a GM.

This country has an epidemic of cowardice among its men. There are so few who are willing to stand up and state what is true and right. Men like Don here are few and far between when they used to be the norm.

Our society is just far too river from real suffering and hardship that men would rather keep their comfortable lives than risk it.

Once true hardship (civil war, power grid failure, police state, food shortages, etc.) comes we will see more men acting like men again. The comforts holding their tongues will be gone.

Lynch is yet another white former player who went full blown caste disciple as an executive. I'm by no means the first to point this out here, but in some cases they are even more fervently caste than black coaches.
I can't think of a player who's received as much reverence and worship as Trey Lance has for doing absolutely nothing of note in his entire football career. When the caste cucks are that emotionally attached to a player it's usually because they have an impressive highlight or two. Lance has nothing. It's truly bizarre even by caste standards.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lynch is yet another white former player who went full blown caste disciple as an executive. I'm by no means the first to point this out here, but in some cases they are even more fervently caste than black coaches.

I can't think of a player who's received as much reverence and worship as Trey Lance has for doing absolutely nothing of note in his entire football career. When the caste cucks are that emotionally attached to a player it's usually because they have an impressive highlight or two. Lance has nothing. It's truly bizarre even by caste standards.

It's comical/pathetic at the same time. The cucks emotionally invested in some half black hype job that was given three years to improve but could not do so. Now they are blaming everyone (using the racism card LOL) but Lance.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Lol Dak gets an All Time Bust as a backup! Cowboys don’t deserve to win anything as long as Jerry is still kicking.