RB - Sam McGuffie

Szeven

Personally, I think it benefits McGuffie. If Dennis Dixon didn't tear his ACL, and Pat White didn't injure his thumb, Oregon andWest Virgina would have probably faced each other in the national championship game.

Steve Slaton, Noel Devine, and Jonathan Stewart benefited greatly from the defense's concentration on their running QBs.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Szeven said:
Personally, I think it benefits McGuffie.  If Dennis Dixon didn't tear his ACL, and Pat White didn't injure his thumb, Oregon and West Virgina would have probably faced each other in the national championship game.

Steve Slaton, Noel Devine, and Jonathan Stewart benefited greatly from the defense's concentration on their running QBs.

You are forgetting something.

Steve Slaton is a God and a future NFL Hall of Famer.

But -- if McGuffie has success with a black QB, the black QB will be given credit for McGuffie's success.

They'll also mention the role of the O-Line; something they rarely mention when blacks run through huge holes..

It's basic Caste101.

Also, we're tired of playing with the bruthas' ---- we want to play against them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Deadlift said:
Also, we're tired of playing with the bruthas' ---- we want to play against them.

Yes sir! Whites are the best football players but are forced to play a subservient role under the Caste System. Bring it on!

Don Wassall wrote:

In fact here's how the Dallas Morning News starts its report on the game: Terrelle Pryor has been billed as the next coming of Vince Young, and he looked the part Saturday at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl high school all-star game.

I guess that was meant as a compliment as Pryor ended up with 76 yards passing and 79 yards rushing, so his 155 total yards indeed was very Vince Young-like.

Good one! I am befuddled and perturbed by the constant hyping of black quarterbacks.

white tornado

Mentor
to be fair Terrelle Pryor played a pretty good game remember he split time with two othe qbs.

Gi-15

Mentor
It was funny how the east team had all the mobile black Qb and the east had all the white pocket passers....

this floyd kid, he looked like a pretty good player.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
You gotta hate ESPN. The Scout who wrote the below evaluation is a complete fool! The pure hate that these "scouts" give Sam McGuffie is so blatant and obvious that it might actually open peoples eyes to the caste system. "Many of his traits lead you to believe he is a blue-collar overacheiver", "However, without question, McGuffie is a straight-lined guy", "He is also not as smooth or fluid as many other top backs in this class. Takes too long to gather to put together moves." Is this guy insane? Does he actually believe what he wrote? This scout then contradicts himself by calling McGuffie shifty and a threat to bounce it to the outside. The scout is clearly deceiving himself.

Sam McGuffie is the most agile runner in this H.S draft class hands down, even Rivals begrudgingly admits that he is the best RB in space in this draft class and the 2nd best home run threat. The deceit in these "scouts" is ridiculous, I almost fell off my chair when I read this! It is so dishonest that I would call it evil! The "only" runner I have seen in the last 15 years with "noticeably better moves" than McGuffie is Barry Sanders and that includes Brian Westbrook and Reggie Bush.

At least Tom Lemming has Sam McGuffie as the #10 overall prospect and #3 RB and even admitted that McGuffie is better in space and a better home run threat than Darrell Scott and Jermie Calhoun. Rise Prep Magazine also has McGuffie as the number 3 ranked RB. If McGuffie wins the Heisman and God willing he will, these scouts are going to be made to look like fools. Thank you Fred Jackson for believing in the "white Reggie Bush." There are blacks out there who are incredible human beings as well as whites who fight for fairness and Fred Jackson is an honorable man who sees the truth about McGuffie.

ESPN SCOUTS INC.
Sam McGuffie
Scouts Grade: 79
Position Rank: RB #29
Considered: 1-Michigan , 2-Texas A&M , 3-Florida , 4-USC , 5-Notre Dame

Evaluation: McGuffie is an interesting player to study because so many of his traits lead you to believe he is a blue-collar overacheiver, but his blend of sensational speed and change-of-direction skills say otherwise. He is unlike any other back in this class in regards to running style. He has adequate size, but runs with the demeanor of a bigger, more powerful back. In this regard, he is an overacheiver. He is extremely well built and possesses moderate lower-body strength to break tackles, and it will take more than one defender to bring him down. However, without question, McGuffie is a straight-lined guy. He hits the hole with great burst and will immediately bounce plays to the sideline where he can use his speed to outrun defenders. He runs low, is shifty and very difficult to get a clean shot at, which is why he has been so durable. His lateral mobility and vision are adequate and the thing you really like best about him is that he is all business as a runner. There is no hesitation in anything he does, and at times you wish he were a little more patient, but he is all north and south and he will stick his nose in there and give you what he has between the tackles. Once he gets to the second level, he is a threat to go the distance and shows an excellent second gear. He has upside as a change-of-pace receiving back and should become a nice pass catcher in time. He is also not as smooth or fluid as many other top backs in this class. Takes too long to gather to put together moves. Overall, McGuffie is just a football player in every sense of the word. He is versatile enough to be used in a few different roles, and you want him for all his intangibles along with his tools.
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Stonewall

Guru
The most outlandish ranking regarding Sam still goes to Rivals, who last I saw (yesterday) still didn't even have him in their Top 250. Yahoo Sports posted this Top 250 (on the main page of their sports section , no less), and I agree with TJR, this just continues to cripple Rivals credability.

So, according to Rivals, Terrence Pryor is the Class of 2008's best player, while Sam McGuffie (who played on the same field with him last week in the Army All Star Game) is not even in the Top 250? Ludicrous. Lemming has Sam at #10, what does Rivals have him at #410? It's just insane.

I just tell Michigan fans who even remotely question Sam's ability that they should consider themselves very lucky to even have Sam. Texas A&M fans are clamoring to get him. If it wasn't for his father's ties to the state of Michigan and for Jackson, Michigan would not be getting Sam McGuffie.

Hey, I still wish that he would go to Notre Dame. I wonder how many yards he'd run for against Stanford, Duke, and the three service academies (who I have great respect for mind you, but they aren't stopping Sam McGuffie).

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
jared said:
ESPN ranks McGuffie as the 13th best RB prospect and the 97th best prospect overall. I don't have ESPN Insider so I was only able to read the following snippet from ESPN about Sam:

"Evaluation: McGuffie is an interesting player to study because so many of his traits lead you to believe he is a blue-collar overacheiver, but his blend of sensational speed and change-of-direction...

To continue reading this article you must be an Insider."

Had to share that little tidbit, it made me laugh (and maybe cry inwardly at the same time).

Sorry, I guess it was already commented on, but just like Rivals ESPN has methodically moved Sam down in their rankings. He used to be 13th ranked RB and now is 29th. Scout has also followed suit to not be criticized I guess and have now moved Sam from the #5 ranked RB and a 5 star recruit to the number 7th RB and a 4 star recruit. Rivals had Sam at number 90 overall and now he isn't even in the top 250, barf. I think Sam's under performance in the ESPN televised season game allowed these sites to do what they truly desired to do to him. Sam should have sat with his bum ankle. I posted the entire evaluation to show how ridiculous it is.

jared

Mentor
I've seen the first video before, it's actually kind of funny in parts. Particularly the 3:40 mark.

"Welcome to the 'Sam McGuffie just jumped your ASS fan club'"

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
"Funny" how White "stock" continues to fall as the days go by...

According to Rivals, Sam WAS the 12th ranked player in Texas --- until now. Guess how far he dropped?

To 38th!!

For every White athlete whose "stock" rises, several Whites "mysteriously" nose dive.

Supposedly, it's because these superman blacks are "dominating" at these various "camps" and post-season all-star games.

Am I supposed to trust the eyes of these biased Caste whores? They really don't hide the fact that they prefer blacks; they prefer to observe blacks and will always be in awe of what they witness.

They want nothing to do with Whites that "break the mold."

I sure don't trust those that work to keep the Caste System "racket" afloat.

Also, could Whites be "under-represented" at these various camps and games? I don't doubt it. More-so at the "taboo" positions. ENOUGH Whites need to try to go to these events. It's fine if the Caste whores ignore them or are unimpressed because of their melanin deficiency. With the internet and video, everything can't be disappeared. The Caste whores are no longer the only game in town.

White players have been screwed for 2+ decades. The College game offers the biggest display of the Caste System. In other words, Rivals holds the most power over the drunk White fans. Rivals did not start the myth of black athletic supremicism, but it has certainly expanded it. Everytime I go to Rivals, I wonder if I should be wearing a tin-foil hat!!

Rivals targets those that don't question things. Rivals serves to indoctrinate more Whites into the "cult" of black athletic supremacy believers. Frankly, the Cultural Marxists are no longer subversive in a sneaky way. Their blatancy year-after-year will be their downfall.

Every White kid should write an essay on the role of Rivals in the College Football racket! It shouldn't be too difficult to expose the wholesale discrimination and obvious bias.

Gi-15

Mentor
Well, I don't think Sam and the michigan staff cares where he is ranked right now, he is already committed and they both know what he is capable of.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Another quality article by a mainstream sports journalist. This is a good read.

The Chanifesto: Running back a star and -- get this -- he's white

Web Posted: 01/03/2008 09:54 PM CST

Lorne Chan
San Antonio Express-News

Sam McGuffie is 18 years old and already established as the YouTube hero, U.S. Army All-American running back and one of the most hyped high school players in the country.

And he may be the only one who isn't afraid to talk about the white elephant in the room.

That McGuffie is a white running back.

McGuffie, who has committed to Michigan, has drawn a ton of attention from YouTube after he hurdled a defender during his junior season at Cypress-Fairbanks last year.

With YouTube videos, there are bound to be a slew of anonymous comments from viewers. Many point to the color of his skin.

"I've seen them," McGuffie said. "They all say the same thing â€â€￾ 'But he's small. But he's white.'"

He isn't that small, at 6-foot and 194 pounds. That makes him five inches taller than West teammate and Express-News Offensive Player of the Year Marcus Wright.

But he's at a position where the only white player of note in the NFL is Brian Leonard of the St. Louis Rams.

McGuffie said he's seen the comparisons on recruiting message boards, and it's never Barry Sanders. Instead, it's Wes Welker.

Most of the nicknames McGuffie gets don't even have anything to do with football players.

"I get called K-Fed or Eminem the most," he said.

That's Kevin Federline, Britney Spears' ex-husband and self-proclaimed rapper, and Eminem, the most successful white rapper ever. McGuffie even admitted he looks a little like K-Fed and has even grown accustomed to Eminem because of their similarities.

Both came from humble beginnings. McGuffie plans on making good in Michigan as Eminem did, and they're skilled in areas where white men are the minority.

During a recent interview with the Express-News, McGuffie was wearing a shirt by Shady, Ltd., Eminem's brand.

"It doesn't matter if I run for a billion, trillion touchdowns," McGuffie said. "To the doubters, I'm still that white running back."

It doesn't matter if McGuffie rushed for 43 TDs as a junior and almost 6,000 career yards. Rivals.com rated him as the No. 10 all-purpose back, giving him four stars â€â€￾ an honor for most, but that put McGuffie behind three Houston-area backs. He wasn't even in the "Rivals100," the top 100 recruits in the nation. It prompted Michigan blog Logic Times to ask if recruiting services couldn't get over profiling.

"The answer is simple," Logic Times wrote. "Sam McGuffie is a victim of racism."

One place he isn't profiled? On the field among his All-American Bowl teammates.

The highlight of the week leading up to Saturday's game has been McGuffie doing a front flip over another player. Both teams went crazy.

They've all noted the same thing: Like that 1990s song goes, McGuffie is "Pretty Fly for a White Guy."

McGuffie truly is a rare breed: a player with a 4.28-second 40-yard dash and a 45-inch vertical.

Maybe even the next Barry Sanders.

whiteCB

Master
WOW!! Just a great read. More "journalists" need to bring up the elephant in the room that is the whiteRB/CB. I love how the article nailed Rivals on their ridiculous double standard.

SteveB

Mentor
Good find TJR. Save that article for your collection. If you have a link, maybe Don will put it on the front page.

pt.guard2

Guru
Wow. That article got pretty much to the point instead of just implying things like I have seen others do... Wonder if public pressure will force Rivals to re-evaluate their ridiculous rankings....

backrow

Hall of Famer
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here's the link to the article:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA010408.Chanif esto.en.24cc3a6.html

The writer is Chinese it appears; maybe he could have asked the question also why there aren't at least a few east Asian scat backs in the NFL. Although east Asian men are usually a bit smaller in stature, I think you could find a few capable East Asian scat backs out there that belong in the NFL. The current 110 hurdle record holder is Chinese right now, so there are certainly Chinese men out there with NFL speed.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Sam's LOI hasn't arrived in Ann Arbor ... could be be headed to Cal? Hope
he likes Asian frat brothers!

Gi-15

Mentor
Yeah, thats pretty surprising! Who knew Cal was in the running? Anybody got any clue on the "caste-level" of Jeff Tedford? I know he was starting a white CB late last year!

Mike

Guru
McGuffie or not, I will never support that school in any regard in anything. I hope this is not true.

Gi-15

Mentor
A&M may still be in the running too.

from Scout.com

3:52 pm EST: Sam McGuffie is undecided. He is considering a de-commit to Texas A&M or California per the Houston Chronicle.