Peyton Hillis

backrow

Hall of Famer
Yes, and recently he does it in traffic too! That's senseless, they will catch him in the air and that will be it. I can see the point of jumping over someone if he's the last guy standing between you and a long gain.

foobar75

Master
Another good Hillis article (they seem to be popping up daily now):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/01/AR2010120104435.html

Browns RB Hillis an unlikely hero

CLEVELAND -- His hog-nosed facemask is unlike any in the NFL, just one of the many things separating Peyton Hillis from the pack of running backs.

With a straight-ahead, stop-me-if-you-dare smashmouth style, Hillis has emerged as an unstoppable force in his first season with the Cleveland Browns, who acquired him in a trade never envisioning he would emerge as their best offensive threat.

Soft-spoken off the field, Hillis is downright demonic when he's gets the ball.

"Dude's a beast," said Browns linebacker David Bowens.

Thus, the facemask.

"It looks like it has tusks," Hillis says in a distinct, Southern twang in describing the unique cage that protects the face of this football-crazed city's newest star. "It brings me back to my college days at Arkansas. It's ugly, but I like it."

Cleveland has fallen for Hillis the same way he drops linebackers.

At 6-foot-1, 240 pounds, he's a hulking hunk, who on the brink of surpassing 1,000 yards, has quickly made the Browns' female fanbase forget about quarterback Brady Quinn's model looks. Quinn, by the way, is the one Cleveland traded to Denver in March for Hillis.

Hillis is also a guy's guy. Dressed in rattlesnake-skinned cowboy boots, jeans, a camouflage jacket and a tattered baseball cap, Hillis is the antithesis of many pro athletes right down to his favorite hobby - hunting 400-pound, wild boars in the woods back home.

"You get a team of boys together, a bunch of dogs, you lay 'em (the boars) up against a tree and shoot 'em or cut 'em," Hillis explains matter-of-factly. "Pretty simple."

Bringing down Hillis, on the other hand, is anything but easy.

Knees churning, cleats kicking up dirt and grass, he's a terror to tackle. On his way to rushing for 131 yards in Sunday's win over Carolina, Hillis powered over an unfortunate Panthers safety at the 2 before going in for this third touchdown, and 11th this season, joining Hall of Famers Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly as the only Cleveland backs to score that many.

But Hillis isn't only three yards and a cloud of debris and dust. He's remarkably agile and has perfected a hurdle to elude defensive backs who try to cut out his legs.

"Not only does he bulldoze people," Browns center Alex Mack said, "he can jump over them, too."

Hillis will enter Sunday's game in Miami with 905 rushing yards and 414 receiving yards on a team-high 46 catches.

The Browns thought Hillis could help them. They had no idea he would carry them.

"I thought he would be pretty good and a great addition, but he's been outstanding," coach Eric Mangini said. "He just shows up, works like crazy. He's a great guy, loves being here and plays his heart out every week. He runs people over, catches everything we throw to him, blocks well.

"Yeah, he's made for Cleveland."

And Cleveland seems made for Hillis.

The buckle of the Rust Belt, it's where generations of families spent their work weeks in factories and steel mills and their Sundays in front of the TV or down on the shores of Lake Erie watching the beloved Browns. Of course, times have changed, but there remains a strong identity to athletes who give it their all without complaint. It's a lunch-pail town.

And that's something Hillis sensed as soon as he arrived. He felt the pride, the passion and the connection between himself and the fan base.

"I feel like I can relate to fans on a personal level," said Hillis, whose No. 40 jersey is popping up all over Northeast Ohio. "They're hard-working people, they love football and they don't ask for much. They just want to see their team play. This city's hungry for a winning team."

On Sunday, there were banners hanging over the railings of Browns Stadium honoring the new hero. "Peyton's Place" read one. "House of Hillis" was another.

And through it all, Hillis is aw-shucks humble. He'll routinely answer reporters questions with "Yes, sir" or "No, ma'am" and the 24-year-old, who was teammates with running backs Darren McFadden and Felix Jones when they played for the Razorbacks, goes out of his way to compliment his teammates.

Following Sunday's win, the deeply religious Hillis stood at the podium and gave glory to God. Then, he thanked fullback Lawrence Vickers, who helped open a few holes.

There's something else rare about Hillis - he's white. You have to go back to Craig James in 1985 to find the last white running back to eclipse 1,000 yards. It is a position long dominated by African-American players, but Hillis has become an exception.

However, his teammates don't see color when they watch Hillis pulverize his way to a first down or a touchdown, leaving a wasteland of defenders in his path.

"It's something we really don't talk about," Bowens said. "He's a good running regardless of his color."

Hillis was mostly used as a fullback in college, paving the way for McFadden and Jones, who both became first-round draft picks. Hillis, on the other hand, was still around in the seventh round when the Broncos selected him with the 227th pick in 2008.

He began his pro career buried on the depth chart in Denver, but injuries to others gave him a chance and he rushed for 343 yards and five touchdowns before being put on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. Last season, he made only two starts and seemed to be a forgotten man.

The Browns, though, knew about him. Mangini had faced him with New York in '08 and remembered Hillis being more than a handful.

"We were pretty good," said Bowens, who played for the Jets under Mangini. "He ran the ball right down our face. We didn't expect that. I knew he was tough, and when we got him here, man, I was happy."

Hillis entered training camp as Cleveland's No. 3 back, behind rookie Montario Hardesty and Jerome Harrison. He showed flashes during the preseason, making a memorable run against St. Louis by breaking six tackles on a 9-yard run.

He gained just 76 combined yards in his first two games, but broke out for 144 in Week 3 at Baltimore and had 102 the next week against Cincinnati. Hillis rumbled for a career-high 184 against New England, steamrolling through Bill Belichick's defense.

"With Peyton, the best stat would be yards after contact," Mack said. "He gets so much after that first hit. Our job is to give him a clear space as far as possible and everything he does after that is what he's all about. He gets extra yards every time."

Hillis is taking it all in stride. After Sunday's win, he was asked about joining the company of Brown and Kelly.

"Absurd," he said. "I'm nobody."

That's not the case anymore. He's piling up yardage and fans by the week. In fact, on Sunday, Cleveland Indians manager Manny Acta attended his first NFL game. He came away impressed by the passion of Browns fans and the drive of one particular player.

"Peyton Hillis," Acta said, "is the man in Cleveland."
smiley16.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hillis is getting what he justly deserves, valid recognition. His face mask by the way, reminds me of that creature in the Predator movie, when the creature took off his helmet!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Hillis is getting what he justly deserves, valid recognition. His face mask by the way, reminds me of that creature in the Predator movie, when the creature took off his helmet!

Hillis' facemask is the Schutt Bulldog, introduced a few years back, but not used by very many players in the pros or college.

bulldog.jpg

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey Col. Reb don't you see the resemblance? But I also do see a liking to a face of a bulldog in the mask. It is cool and original, nevertheless! Hillis is hitting on all 8 cylinders.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I do see the resemblance to the Predator. It will become part of his image if he keeps wearing it, sort of like Zonk's Dungard/bullring noseguard combo facemask did.

Zonk.jpg

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
foobar75 said:
Another good Hillis article (they seem to be popping up daily now):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/01/AR2010120104435.html

Browns RB Hillis an unlikely hero

CLEVELAND -- His hog-nosed facemask is unlike any in the NFL, just one of the many things separating Peyton Hillis from the pack of running backs.

Hillis is also a guy's guy. Dressed in rattlesnake-skinned cowboy boots, jeans, a camouflage jacket and a tattered baseball cap, Hillis is the antithesis of many pro athletes right down to his favorite hobby - hunting 400-pound, wild boars in the woods back home.

Holy shnikes, those are some big-ass boars roaming the Arkansas woods. They're almost as big as some of the "projects" drafted in early rounds by the NFL each year -- and likely as smart too.
smiley17.gif

To be fair, there are some things Hillis will probably never do. He will probably never be arrested for bringing a handgun into a strip joint. Most likely he will never be involved in a murder investigation. And I seriously doubt he'll ever owe six-figures worth of child support payments to multiple babymommas. So he hasn't surpassed affaletes in every statistical category.

foobar75

Master
Don Wassall said:
foobar75 said:
Another good Hillis article (they seem to be popping up daily now): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/01/AR2010120104435.html Browns RB Hillis an unlikely hero CLEVELAND -- His hog-nosed facemask is unlike any in the NFL, just one of the many things separating Peyton Hillis from the pack of running backs. Hillis is also a guy's guy. Dressed in rattlesnake-skinned cowboy boots, jeans, a camouflage jacket and a tattered baseball cap, Hillis is the antithesis of many pro athletes right down to his favorite hobby - hunting 400-pound, wild boars in the woods back home. 
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Holy shnikes, those are some big-ass boars roaming the Arkansas woods.  They're almost as big as some of the "projects" drafted in early rounds by the NFL each year -- and likely as smart too. 
smiley17.gif
</div>

Hahaha, OK, that's a good one Don! If Hillis wasn't so humble, I'm sure he'd let out the fact that he's been hunting some of them boars on the football field, too, this year.
smiley2.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Westside said:
Hillis' facemask is the Schutt Bulldog, introduced a few years back, but not used by very many players in the pros or college.
bulldog.jpg
I find he looks like a Razorback with that helmet....
smiley2.gif

Cassiodorus said:
To be fair, there are some things Hillis will probably never do. He will probably never be arrested for bringing a handgun into a strip joint. Most likely he will never be involved in a murder investigation. And I seriously doubt he'll ever owe six-figures worth of child support payments to multiple babymommas. So he hasn't surpassed affaletes in every statistical category.

Hillis is only making a little less than $400,000 this year. Are you not worried when he starts making millions next year that he's gonna be rollin around Cleveland in lambos and bentlys, going to the strip joint and "makin it rain" with a black trash bag full of 1 dollar bills and somehow bullets go flying? Are you not concerned that he'll let his boys smuggle large amounts of drugs in an escalade with his name stitched in the head rest?

I'm mostly joking, but the jump in his income will cause a large number of treacherous women to surround him if he's not careful, up to and including b-list celebrity types. The difference in the life experience of an athlete at the 400k level to the multi-million level is stark. It's going from clinger college girls texting you each day and wanting you to buy them a few shots at the local sports bar to witches that are used to having dudes by them diamond necklaces and taking them on expensive vacations. As we know most white athletes are a lot smarter with this like Chris Cooley, Dallas Clark, and others, but some are not like Ben Rothlesburger and Brett Favre.

Electric Slide said:
Cassiodorus said:

Hillis is only making a little less than $400,000 this year. Are you not worried when he starts making millions next year that he's gonna be rollin around Cleveland in lambos and bentlys, going to the strip joint and "makin it rain" with a black trash bag full of 1 dollar bills and somehow bullets go flying? Are you not concerned that he'll let his boys smuggle large amounts of drugs in an escalade with his name stitched in the head rest?

I'm mostly joking, but the jump in his income will cause a large number of treacherous women to surround him if he's not careful, up to and including b-list celebrity types. The difference in the life experience of an athlete at the 400k level to the multi-million level is stark. It's going from clinger college girls texting you each day and wanting you to buy them a few shots at the local sports bar to witches that are used to having dudes by them diamond necklaces and taking them on expensive vacations. As we know most white athletes are a lot smarter with this like Chris Cooley, Dallas Clark, and others, but some are not like Ben Rothlesburger and Brett Favre.

I truly hope that doesn't happen, and I made the observation not just as an indictment of affaletes but as an indication of the kind of stand-up, decent man PH seems to be. He seems to have his head screwed on right, and I hope that doesn't change when he makes more money.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i love the fact that he has his own characteristic facemask (although Tomlison and Lorenzo Neal both wore it before). it just adds to his flavor, much better than vanilla RB facemask.

btw, black writer from three weeks ago, eats some crow.

So "¦ about the Peyton Hillis thing.

For the fourth time this season, Peyton Hillis rushed for more than 100 yards, and last week he reached the end zone three times against Carolina.

So much for my argument three weeks ago that Hillis would likely never have a week like he had against the New England Patriots (184 yards, two TDs).

Who cares that he had 50 less yards? The man had three touchdowns.

Remember the "Hillis isn't a true workhorse running back" thing I was fuming about in that column I wrote three weeks ago?

Well that doesn't wash, mostly because he's become the workhorse running back I was talking about.

And frankly, he's been better at it throughout the season than those other backs I once held in such high regard â€" I'm looking at you Chris Johnson and Ray Rice.

I still stand by my argument that he's this decade's Mike Alstott, who is having a better season than Alstott ever had. Time will tell if he's better throughout his career because his punishing style of play doesn't lend itself to a long career.

But Hillis right now is a legit fantasy football MVP as he's peaking as the year progresses. He's having a great second half.

So I say this to Hillis owners and Hillis himself (because I'm sure he's a reader), I apologize for my column three weeks ago. It's not luck. You're just really good.

And in matchups where you're needed to be great, you are, which can't be said for many "dependable"Â￾ backs in the league.

props to him for aknowledging that. also, a comparison to Mike Alstott is not an insult...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good for him for being honest enough to admit he made a mistake and misjudged Peyton Hillis. A lot of caste system media types and DWFs won't change their minds so easily or be humble enough to admit they were wrong, but I do believe some of them will change over time.

G

Imagine a Deon Sanders trying to tackle Peyton in the open field? He would dive onto his stomach faster than Barney Frank or Steve Mariucci.

Electric Slide said:
Cassiodorus said:

Yes, Hillis' life will be very different if he becomes a big star with a huge contract. He will have to avoid the pitfalls this can bring.

snow

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
Good for him for being honest enough to admit he made a mistake and misjudged Peyton Hillis. A lot of caste system media types and DWFs won't change their minds so easily or be humble enough to admit they were wrong, but I do believe some of them will change over time.

Yeah, at least he he admitted he was wrong. This writer never really did. I think he edited his title to "may" instead of "has"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-his-fantasy-peak-after-baltimore-explosion

I laugh every time I read it!

I found this as well, apparently Ray Lewis doesn't think much of Hillis either.

http://danonthestreet.com/news/2010...lewis-still-not-impressed-with-peyton-hillis/

"A blind cat will find a meal every blue moon... (laughter) He ran through some wide open holes that we gave him."

I am going to love to see that rematch. Wide open holes eh? like the play where Lewis tried to tackle Hillis and he wound up going right through his arms. Sure.

Edited by: snow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
snow said:
Colonel_Reb said:

Yeah, at least he he admitted he was wrong. This writer never really did. I think he edited his title to "may" instead of "has"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-his-fantasy-peak-after-baltimore-explosion

I laugh every time I read it!

I found this as well, apparently Ray Lewis doesn't think much of Hillis either.

http://danonthestreet.com/news/2010...lewis-still-not-impressed-with-peyton-hillis/

More words of wisdom from the "great" Ray Lewis. All this from a guy who should be doing prison time for murder. The guy is an all around scumbag.
"A blind cat will find a meal every blue moon... (laughter) He ran through some wide open holes that we gave him."

I am going to love to see that rematch. Wide open holes eh? like the play where Lewis tried to tackle Hillis and he wound up going right through his arms. Sure.

snow

Mentor
ToughJ.Riggins said:
snow that was a great point about how tough it is to run in the AFC North. Hillis does have a great line though (on the left side anyway) so it almost completely balances it out. I do think if he was running for Shanahan still in Denver (behind those lines and in that division) he'd be putting up mid 5s per carry so far this season, but he'd be getting the "any RB plays good in Denver" disparagement. I don't think he'd be quite at the YPC Jamal Charles is at, but who is? Jamal Charles is an AMAZING big play threat.

Despite different body types I think Woodhead's style is actually quite similar to Charles as far as being a big play threat back who can also run tough between the tackles. Charles ran a 10.18 100 meter at Texas, I believe, which makes him the second fastest RB in the league behind Trindon Holliday who ran a 10 flat at LSU. Danny Woodhead runs a 10.5 and his 10 yard burst is just as good as Charles.

I don't think having the a great left side of the line balances it out that much, it limits what you can call and makes it easier for defenses. Plus the lack of passing threats makes it more unbalanced. If they had a good right side I would run the toss play to both sides multiple times a game, because he gets huge chunks of yards then, it reminds me of a screen pass but counts as a run. I really think he would be getting the ypc Charles has, or at least close to it if he played for Denver, I think he could stay around the 6 ypc mark, its just a weaker division imo. Hillis looks more ripped, like he cut about 10 pounds since he was with Denver where he avg 5 ypc without breaking off a 20+ yard run. This year he has 4, with I think 4 or 5 20+ yard pass plays as well. Charles is a great back, but I just don't think he is as good as his numbers indicate, only a few elite have managed to stay above 6 ypc, and hes at 6.3, which is higher than Barry Sanders and I am pretty sure an other back in the Supebowl era. I know Jim Brown had 6.4. I just don't think Charles deserves to be in that conversation just yet even though I think he is one of the top backs in the league right now. I think hes great, but would probably avg in the mid 5 ypc in a different division, similar to Woodhead, which is still elite in itself. It just takes me a while before I can start comparing a current player to ones of the past, Id have to watch more of him.

I also thought he and Woodhead were kind of similar when it came to running styles, too bad Woodhead doesn't get the opportunity to get around the same carries as Charles. The Chiefs are deviding carries more evenly between Charles and Jones, I think 161 carries to Jones 176 where Green-Ellis has 145 to Woodhead's 64. Charles ran that time in the 100 meter in college and Woodhead ran his in high school, I think Danny could get it lower than 10.5 if he had stuck with it, I don't think its the main reason why his ypc his so high though (only 1 40+ yard play this year), its his shiftiness, which Danny also has. I am not sure if Holliday still plays, if he does, its not at rb, so it would make Charles the fastest rb, at least in the 100 meter.

but yeah you are right, he would get the argument that any back could run well in Denver if he were still there with Shanahan. He is in a great situation now, despite not having many other offensive weapons on the team. Hopefully they draft some wide receivers to help open things up. Robiskie finally looked like an NFL receiver out there last week, well a mediocre NFL receiver with 7 yards per catch. They need to get a deep threat.
Edited by: snow

Woody

Guru
I agree, snow. I'm hesitant to call the Browns OL elite, based on the fact that every other RB can't average above 2 yards a carry behind them. The right side needs to go. I'm hoping the Browns select a good, hard nosed right tackle in the second round of the draft and shop for an elite guard to add. (maybe Mankins after all his holdout stuff in NE?) Evan Moore should be a starter next year, it's futile to hope the Browns would also draft a white WR like Jeff Maehl, but Idc, I just hope they get a talented one. I'm completely fine with Watson at TE, but again, Moore should ba a WR, he could be scary good with his size, speed, and rout-running, not to mention his hands.

whiteCB

Master
Woody said:
I agree, snow. I'm hesitant to call the Browns OL elite, based on the fact that every other RB can't average above 2 yards a carry behind them. The right side needs to go. I'm hoping the Browns select a good, hard nosed right tackle in the second round of the draft and shop for an elite guard to add. (maybe Mankins after all his holdout stuff in NE?) Evan Moore should be a starter next year, it's futile to hope the Browns would also draft a white WR like Jeff Maehl, but Idc, I just hope they get a talented one. I'm completely fine with Watson at TE, but again, Moore should ba a WR, he could be scary good with his size, speed, and rout-running, not to mention his hands.

I too think Evan Moore should be a WR on this team. His big frame makes it impossible for CBs to defend a ball around him; not to mention he's got the hands of Jerry Rice. The lack of WR talent on this team makes it that much more difficult, and amazing, for Hillis to be doing what he's doing! The Hillis jerseys are EVERYWHERE in NE Ohio. It's like everyone who had a Lebron jersey (trust me a million DWFs did) traded it in for a Browns #40 jersey!
smiley4.gif

snow

Mentor
Yes if they were even average starters on the right side then maybe, but from what I have seen and read from the fans that watch them every game, they shouldn't even be starting right now. And its usually pretty bad when a fan puts down an afflete, usually they get the benefit of the doubt.

Interesting article, not sure if it has been posted

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/02/reverse-racism-alive-and-swell-in-nfl/

<h1 ="entry-title">Racism Alive and Swell in NFL</span></h1>
written by LeCharles Bentley

"The National Football League does an excellent job of publicly attacking
some issues and problems. Unfortunately, the league disguises one of
its most embarrassing issues within a veil of euphemistic lingo and
"throwback" logic. This issue doesn't exist within the walls of NFL
boardrooms, but is embedded into the league's fabric: Racial prejudice
and stereotyping.

Today, Peyton Hillis, the Cleveland Browns
most impressive running back since Kevin Mack, is the latest "victim"
of the NFL's color cycle. Hillis isn't the run of the mill 6-foot-2,
250-pound chocolate bruiser. He's an Arkansas born-and-raised white guy.
Don't you remember the white running back who starred at the University
of Arkansas before Darren McFadden and Felix Jones (both African-Americans) pushed him off the depth chart? What about the guy who played for the Broncos and averaged 5 yards per carry before being traded to the Browns? None of this rings a bell?

I'm sure, too, that you are familiar with the names Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter.
These two bronzed tailbacks are the guys Broncos coach Josh McDaniels
felt were better than Hillis. Buckhalter missed the 2002, 2004 and 2005
seasons with knee injuries. Apparently a white running back who
struggled because he was pigeon-holed as a fullback isn't as valued as a
black running back with multiple knee injuries. This is eerily similar
to the early years in the NFL when black players struggled with
typecasting, but kept their mouths shut for fear of being labeled a
"troublemaker."
"

there is more written

Great article by LeCharles who seems very bright and well thought through.

Seems like more and more mainstream analysts are "coming out of the closet" about the obvious racism against whites in the NFL.

Sad though that it seems to be Blacks who are stepping up in this matter as much as Whites, but its expected since Whites are not allowed to discuss racial issues without getting labeled as "bigots."

Maybe its also the fact that Blacks are much more aware of racial injustice and stereotyping, even when it happens to Whites. Most Whites probably still think we live in a "perfect" world where the NFL is colourblind. But blacks are used to looking for these kinds of issues. Edited by: TorontoArgos

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
snow said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
snow that was a great point about how tough it is to run in the AFC North. Hillis does have a great line though (on the left side anyway) so it almost completely balances it out. I do think if he was running for Shanahan still in Denver (behind those lines and in that division) he'd be putting up mid 5s per carry so far this season, but he'd be getting the "any RB plays good in Denver" disparagement. I don't think he'd be quite at the YPC Jamal Charles is at, but who is? Jamal Charles is an AMAZING big play threat.

Despite different body types I think Woodhead's style is actually quite similar to Charles as far as being a big play threat back who can also run tough between the tackles. Charles ran a 10.18 100 meter at Texas, I believe, which makes him the second fastest RB in the league behind Trindon Holliday who ran a 10 flat at LSU. Danny Woodhead runs a 10.5 and his 10 yard burst is just as good as Charles.
I don't think having the a great left side of the line balances it out that much, it limits what you can call and makes it easier for defenses. Plus the lack of passing threats makes it more unbalanced. If they had a good right side I would run the toss play to both sides multiple times a game, because he gets huge chunks of yards then, it reminds me of a screen pass but counts as a run.  I really think he would be getting the ypc Charles has, or at least close to it if he played for Denver, I think he could stay around the 6 ypc mark, its just a weaker division imo. Hillis looks more ripped, like he cut about 10 pounds since he was with Denver where he avg 5 ypc without breaking off a 20+ yard run. This year he has 4, with I think 4 or 5 20+ yard pass plays as well. Charles is a great back, but  I just don't think he is as good as his numbers indicate, only a few elite have managed to stay above 6 ypc, and hes at 6.3, which is higher than Barry Sanders and I am pretty sure an other back in the Supebowl era. I know Jim Brown had 6.4. I just don't think Charles deserves to be in that conversation just yet even though I think he is one of the top backs in the league right now. I think hes great, but would probably avg in the mid 5 ypc in a different division, similar to Woodhead, which is still elite in itself. It just takes me a while before I can start comparing a current player to ones of the past, Id have to watch more of him. I also thought he and Woodhead were kind of similar when it came to running styles, too bad Woodhead doesn't get the opportunity to get around the same carries as Charles. The Chiefs are deviding carries more evenly between Charles and Jones, I think 161 carries to Jones 176 where Green-Ellis has 145 to Woodhead's 64. Charles ran that time in the 100 meter in college and Woodhead ran his in high school, I think Danny could get it lower than 10.5 if he had stuck with it, I don't think its the main reason why his ypc his so high though (only 1 40+ yard play this year), its his shiftiness, which Danny also has. I am not sure if Holliday still plays, if he does, its not at rb, so it would make Charles the fastest rb, at least in the 100 meter. but yeah you are right, he would get the argument that any back could run well in Denver if he were still there with Shanahan. He is in a great situation now, despite not having many other offensive weapons on the team. Hopefully they draft some wide receivers to help open things up. Robiskie finally looked like an NFL receiver out there last week, well a mediocre NFL receiver with 7 yards per catch. They need to get a deep threat.

Good point, the Browns need to get a top notch receiving threat in the draft to help keep the opposing Ds from stacking the box. The Jaguars defense stacked the box with 8 guys (even 9 a few times) all game to stop Hillis because they were shutting down the Browns receivers. The right side of the Browns line has usually been beastly, but the Jags zeroed in on the right side of the Browns line and overpowered them with a numbers advantage. It would be nice if the Browns drafted Matt Szczur to be one of their two starting outside receivers. Szczur could also slide over and play the slot at times and run the ball on sweeps or direct snaps just like Cribbs does too. I'd like to also see Cribbs used more on vertical routes next year as the other outside WR because of his speed. Szczur certainly has nice speed too. If Cribbs can work on his hands and fundamentals a bit he could be a great asset to the Browns as a receiver. Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace have looked pretty good considering the lack of receiving threats they have to throw to, but it hasn't been enough against some defenses- to keep them balanced on stopping the run AND pass. I think McCoy looks like he is starting to figure out QBing in the NFL and with an added target in the draft next year it should help to keep the opposing D from putting 8 men in the box at most times. McCoy is clearly the future at QB for the Browns and it would be nice to see Wallace stick around as his backup if he can live with being the #2 QB without complaining. Wallace clearly has shown more this year than Delhomme and is younger. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins