Peyton Hillis

James Walker must love Hillis (or maybe he's just a fair journalist) since this is the THIRD time this year he named Hillis the "AFC North High Energy Player of the Week."

<DIV ="mod-er">
<H3>AFC North High Energy Player of the Week</H3>
<DIV ="datetime">
<DIV ="sub-">
<DIV ="post-author">By James Walker
<DIV ="mod-">
It's debatable whether Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis will make it to his first Pro Bowl this season. But what isn't debatable is that Hillis is running away with the High Energy Player of the Week honors in the AFC North.

<DIV ="mod-inline -right">
<DIV style="WIDTH: 300px; MARGIN-LEFT: 10px">[+] Enlarge
<DIV style="WIDTH: 300px"><CITE>AP Photo/Paul Spinelli</CITE>Peyton Hillis rushed for 131 yards and three touchdowns against Carolina.Hillis is in a class by himself as the division's only multi-time winner. The bruising running back was chosen for the third time after rushing for 131 yards and three touchdowns in a win over the Carolina Panthers. His 11 rushing touchdowns this season makes him just the third player in Browns history to accomplish that feat.

Cleveland's acquisition of Hillis from the Denver Broncos for backup quarterback Brady Quinn is the most lopsided trade of the 2010 season. The Browns only have four wins but would be nowhere without Hillis, who leads the team in rushing (905 yards) and receptions (46).

If Hillis can keep up this pace in December, he might be Hawaii bound.

Previous AFC North High Energy Players

Week 1: Ray Lewis, LB, Baltimore Ravens

Week 2: Troy Polamalu, S, Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 3: Brett Keisel, DE, Steelers

Week 4: Hillis, RB, Browns

Week 5: Ray Rice, RB, Ravens

Week 6: Lawrence Timmons, LB, Steelers

Week 7: Ed Reed, S, Ravens

Week 8: Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Steelers

Week 9: Hillis, RB, Browns

Week 10: Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers

Week 11: James Harrison, LB, Steelers
<DIV ="mod-">
<DIV ="mod-">LINKEdited by: Toby Hillis

Woody

Guru
Could Peyton Hillis jump up a few spots in the rushing yards rankings this week? Right now he's at #9, my hope is that he finishes the season in the top 5 and has the most TD and recieving #s. But for this week: Adrian Peterson may be out, if so Hillis would need 112 yds to move ahead of him. (even though he isnt actually next to him as of right now). If he can outgain Bradshaw by 12 yds this week he moves up again. Mendenhall of the 4.0 ypc is facing the Ravens' stout run D, if Hillis can outgain him by 58 yds he will pass him. I predict he will jump from #9 up to #7 or #6. He will steadily climb the ladder untill he ends the season at #4. Really excited to watch how this pans out, as it seems the Browns have no chance of making the playoffs.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
White American males are 95 yards from emancipation. The terminus of these 25 years of deep cerebral enslavement may occur on December 5th, 2010, in Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida.

I trust that the Jewish supremacist, the white self-loather, the inebriated white fanboy, the blue blood owner, the bigot coach, the biased scout, the racist general manager, the African ethnocentric, the white male-abhorring female supremacist, the Negro-idolizing journalist, the brown-nosing analyst, the Caste-Speak enthusiast, the faithfully pro-black commentator, and the vain, gyrating black athlete will all be nervously observing from the shadows as yet another monarchy of Big Lies is set ablaze. For The Juggernaut, The Messiah, The Beast, The Reaper has finally arrived to ravage the meticulously-assembled organism of autocratic deceit you have all toiled so intensely to safeguard, to uphold, and to sustain.

I was a mere newborn when Craig James rushed for 1,227 yards during the 1985-1986 NFL season. The Caste System's fascist clutch on the running back position has been suffocating the masculinity of white males for my entire life. It has been the premier triumph of the Caste System's "modus operandi."Â￾

In 6 days, 95 yards are trapped between a white-skinned, blue-eyed, muscular barbarian and possibly the most coordinated falsehood in modern human history. How fitting that a white Frenchman broke the 10 second barrier this year, also.

simply. awesome.
smiley20.gif

snow

Mentor
It would be nice if they could finish 8-8, or at least 7-9. Well it would be really nice if they finished out the season with wins going 9-7 and somehow making the playoffs, but 7-9 with their strength of schedule would be an improvement from last year. I don't want people saying "yeah hes good but they didn't win enough", or any other thing they can think of to discredit his performance. Some are already calling for another back to get more carries because "Hillis can't finish games out", using the instance the one time he didn't convert a short yardage situation, last week. They failed to mention that it was out of shotgun and Hillis has been successful every other short yardage situation, or that he didn't throw 2 picks to start the 2nd half.

I think there should be a back to give him a breather every once in a while, but what i fear is if that back is even half as good as Hillis, or shows any ability then fans will want to split carries 50/50, either that or that back will start whining for more carries. Alot of fans seem to love Hillis but don't think he should be the workhorse of the future, even though guys like Bettis and Jamaal Lewis who were similar didn't have a problem. The next 3 games are winnable. Reading that thing about white halfbacks made me think. Think of all the white guys that got significant carries in the past. Csonka, Mark Van Eeghan, Riggins, Alstott, Craig James, all of those guys won a Superbowl except Craig James, who did at least help take his team to the Superbowl, then you go back to guys like Jim Taylor who won NFL championships. Most of those guys were the main reason for the teams success. Hillis is currently on pace for 1900 yards from scrimmage, higher than any of those guys ever reached which shows he is elite. While I don't think defenses are as good as they used to be, Hillis is in one of the toughest divisions as far as defense goes. If he were in a division like the Chiefs were in, he would be avging more than Jaamal Charles who is above 6 ypc. Everyone else in the same division as Hillis is avg 4 ypc or less. Ray Rice who is supposed to be great is avg 4.0 ypc, Benson is at 3.6. Both of those guys are surrounded by better offenses at the moment. Well Ray Rice is, on paper Benson is supposed to be on a great team with batman and robin.

People are saying the Dolphins have a stout run defense. I haven't looked to see, but Hillis should be able to get his yards whether on the ground or through the air, hopefully on the ground so he breaks the record next week. The one play that Hillis does great on that I don't think they run enough is the toss play, especially to the left with Joe Thomas, having a lineman like Thomas coming after you is scary enough, then Hillis right behind him. If he doesn't get it next week then there is Buffalo who has given up more rushing yards than any other team so far.

TwentyTwo

Master
Great post everybody! Oh the irony....Is Channing Crowder healthy and ready to meet Mr Hillis this Sunday??

My first full season here at CF has been perfectly timed for moments like this! It's no accident! The system is cracking...I'm glad to be a part of it! 25 years of frustration! I joined CFthe back-half oflast season...not much to talk about when Hester &amp;Hillis got 7 carries each in a single game; mostof the timebarely 1 or 2 carries..PATHETIC!We here at CF knew Hillis was getting the shaft.....THIS YEAR there is so MUCH MORE to talk about with Hillis,Woodhead, Gerhart, etc..

The caste=era was just getting started in my elementary school years...before internet...not a computer guy but Wife is school teacher; so we gotcomputer a few years back...where were all of you in the 90's/early 2000'swhen I needed you(lol)..thankfully I found this site; had no idea something like this existed...people would ask why are you counting white's on the field? What does it matter?? I would say "because there are not that many ot there; that's why" (DB's, WR's, RB's)

It would be cool to meet up with yall in person and have a nice round-table discussion with the brilliant minds here!!

My dad always brings up Jimmy Taylor &amp; CzonkaEdited by: TwentyTwo

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And check out this from a Colorado blogger:

NFL Week 12 Recap

Does Peyton Hillis miss Denver? Will he ever stop laughing about Josh McDaniels' insistence that he wasn't a team player? Can it get any worse in Denver? The answer to at least one of these questions is 'yes'...

Browns 24, Panthers 23
Browns QB Jake Delhomme narrowly beat his old team when John Kasay missed a 42-yard field goal for the Panthers as time expired. Peyton Hillis rushed for 131 yards and 3 TD's for the Browns, continuing his "Josh McDaniels is a Complete Moron"Â￾ tour of NFL cities.

smiley36.gif
http://www.prosportscolorado.com/2010/11/30/3833-nfl-week-12-recap/

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
snow said:
It would be nice if they could finish 8-8, or at least 7-9. Well it would be really nice if they finished out the season with wins going 9-7 and somehow making the playoffs, but 7-9 with their strength of schedule would be an improvement from last year. I don't want people saying "yeah hes good but they didn't win enough", or any other thing they can think of to discredit his performance. Some are already calling for another back to get more carries because "Hillis can't finish games out", using the instance the one time he didn't convert a short yardage situation, last week. They failed to mention that it was out of shotgun and Hillis has been successful every other short yardage situation, or that he didn't throw 2 picks to start the 2nd half.

I think there should be a back to give him a breather every once in a while, but what i fear is if that back is even half as good as Hillis, or shows any ability then fans will want to split carries 50/50, either that or that back will start whining for more carries. Alot of fans seem to love Hillis but don't think he should be the workhorse of the future, even though guys like Bettis and Jamaal Lewis who were similar didn't have a problem. The next 3 games are winnable. Reading that thing about white halfbacks made me think. Think of all the white guys that got significant carries in the past. Csonka, Mark Van Eeghan, Riggins, Alstott, Craig James, all of those guys won a Superbowl except Craig James, who did at least help take his team to the Superbowl, then you go back to guys like Jim Taylor who won NFL championships. Most of those guys were the main reason for the teams success. Hillis is currently on pace for 1900 yards from scrimmage, higher than any of those guys ever reached which shows he is elite. While I don't think defenses are as good as they used to be, Hillis is in one of the toughest divisions as far as defense goes. If he were in a division like the Chiefs were in, he would be avging more than Jaamal Charles who is above 6 ypc. Everyone else in the same division as Hillis is avg 4 ypc or less. Ray Rice who is supposed to be great is avg 4.0 ypc, Benson is at 3.6. Both of those guys are surrounded by better offenses at the moment. Well Ray Rice is, on paper Benson is supposed to be on a great team with batman and robin.

People are saying the Dolphins have a stout run defense. I haven't looked to see, but Hillis should be able to get his yards whether on the ground or through the air, hopefully on the ground so he breaks the record next week. The one play that Hillis does great on that I don't think they run enough is the toss play, especially to the left with Joe Thomas, having a lineman like Thomas coming after you is scary enough, then Hillis right behind him. If he doesn't get it next week then there is Buffalo who has given up more rushing yards than any other team so far.

Great post! I hadn't thought about how all of the few Whites "allowed" to bestars at running backhad either been on a Super Bowl winner or at least got to a Super Bowl. And Jim Taylor far outshone Jim Brown as far as team success goes. So many football fans don't realize how good Jim Taylor was; he was the second best RB in the league after Jim Brown in that era.

Hillis is almost single-handedly carrying the Browns to respectability; now they have to get the right component parts around him. Let's see what "genius" Mikey Holmgren does in the off-season.

snow said:

Peyton Hillis was 9 for 9 on 3rd and 1 before that play, number 1 in the league at the time,and at 9 for 10 (90%) heis still statistically number 1 in the league for RBs converting 3rd and 1.

The other two points I bolded, I think aregreat observations! I'll use them when arguing with DWFs on the comment section of articles (which I do waaaaay too much!!!)...BTW- I know you pointed out the fact that Jammal Charles plays in a weak division, but does anyone else feel the way that I do; he is one of the most underrated RBsin the league--very rare to find an underrated black RB these days. Hisseason and careerstats are pretty impressive.

Don Wassall said:
Here's a very well done Hillis highlights video:

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=37149

HOLY CRAP was that an awesome video or what?!? Im watching that again! Thatslike straight out of Hollywood stuff: Peyton plays the hero of the movie...Mcdaniels plays the "wigger d-bag" part!Edited by: Toby Hillis

Riddlewire

Master
Don Wassall said:
Let's see what "genius" Mikey Holmgren does in the off-season.

Well, if the script plays out anything like the way it does in college football, he'll draft Cam Newton and bring Gus Malzahn in to 'revamp' the Browns offense for a running black quarterback.

foobar75

Master
Toby Hillis said:
Don Wassall said:
Here's a very well done Hillis highlights video:
<div> </div>
<div>http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=37149</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>HOLY CRAP was that an awesome video or what?!?  Im watching that again!  Thats like straight out of Hollywood stuff: Peyton plays the hero of the movie...Mcdaniels plays the "wigger d-bag" part!</div>

WOW! How can we thank the author of that video? Watched it several times and I think I want to suit up and play some football right now.
smiley17.gif
Edited by: foobar75

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Where are CFs English posters? They aren't interested in Hillis' potential 1,000 yard season?
smiley9.gif

We need to support the JUGGERNAUT!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
snow that was a great point about how tough it is to run in the AFC North. Hillis does have a great line though (on the left side anyway) so it almost completely balances it out. I do think if he was running for Shanahan still in Denver (behind those lines and in that division) he'd be putting up mid 5s per carry so far this season, but he'd be getting the "any RB plays good in Denver" disparagement. I don't think he'd be quite at the YPC Jamal Charles is at, but who is? Jamal Charles is an AMAZING big play threat.

Despite different body types I think Woodhead's style is actually quite similar to Charles as far as being a big play threat back who can also run tough between the tackles. Charles ran a 10.18 100 meter at Texas, I believe, which makes him the second fastest RB in the league behind Trindon Holliday who ran a 10 flat at LSU. Danny Woodhead runs a 10.5 and his 10 yard burst is just as good as Charles.

JReb1

Mentor
Hillis is #2 in Fantasy Football points in my league, Foster is #1. With the points Hillis is putting up FF wise even the DWFs HAVE to take notice. The Caste system can't hide Peyton's production anymore!
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I want to to make a video like that for Lemaitre. What a video! The best one I've seen by far. It really gets you pumped up. So to all the NFL Teams, draft some more white running backs.

Peyton Hillis for president in 2012.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah, that video was well produced and edited. I am going to ask the maker to do one on Danny Woodhead. I pray to God he has a Huge Game Monday. What a story it would be, with him being a major reason why the Pats beat the Jets, which fat f**k Ryan looking and feeling dumb, not to mention a traitor to his own race. Pathetic.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Hillis is tearing up the gridiron and tearing down barriers for white runningbacks! That was an epic video of Hillis, I'm spreading it around to as many people as possible.

Woody

Guru
It is not outside the realm of possibility that we could have 3 white RBs go over 100 yds this week. I dont think that Peterson will play against the Bills, and if he does he will be limited and will likely aggravate it and have to leave the game. Gerhart should have a very good chance of going over 100 yds, he got 76 in basically a half last week. Woodhead has an outside chance to get 100 against the Jets. We all know Belichek hates the Jets, and he would love to stick it to them by giving Woodhead enough carries to have a big day. If he rips a few long ones, he should go over 100. Woody's long run against the Colts is only a taste of what I think we all know he can do. And then we have Peyton Hillis, who as always has a very good chance to go over 100 yds. What a week that would be if they all topped the century mark!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It would be a week to remember, Woody, that is for sure!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
....Don't forget that if all of the pathetic black backs in Cincinnati go down, then maybe Brian Leonard could do it too. And John Kuhn in Green Bay would do it for sure if he was the feature back. I figure if all of this happened in one week, the earth would stop spinning on its axis and hell would freeze over. DWF's brains would explode as well, but that would only be a soft *pop*

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
....Don't forget that if all of the pathetic black backs in Cincinnati go down, then maybe Brian Leonard could do it too. And John Kuhn in Green Bay would do it for sure if he was the feature back. I figure if all of this happened in one week, the earth would stop spinning on its axis and hell would freeze over. DWF's brains would explode as well, but that would only be a soft *pop*

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Let me first say there are so many excellent posts by many tremendous posters in this thread. It truly is a pool of knowledge that could and hopefully will open up the minds of the thousands of guest who stumble upon it. Great work gentlemen.

I'm still in awe of what Peyton has accomplished this season. Not because I ever doubted his ability, rather I doubted him ever getting this REAL opportunity. When I was a kid I remember the few White runners like Alstott, Travis Jervey and Sean Bennett. I would always use them in video games despite their poor ratings and always hope for their success in real life. The Caste System was a totally foreign concept to me then but in my gut I was drawn to the White players. When I first lurked CF back in 07 before joining in 08, I remember how bleak it was. Excitement was Brian Leonard getting that one 100 yard game against the Jets. Then it was Jacob Hester tearing it up at LSU and Hillis getting the miracle opportunity to start in Denver under Shanahan. Well in short time we've seen Toby Gerhart win the Doak Walker and almost the Heisman, Hillis become a star in Cleveland and Danny Woodhead get a chance to shine. Simply amazing! It seems like every year the Caste System is breaking down piece by piece. This must be incredibly sweet for the older posters who had to endure the 70s, 80s and 90s aware of the racial discrimination.

I found a site that measures "nerdy" analytical statistics like DYAR. Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement, gives the value of the performance on plays where this RB carried/caught the ball compared to replacement level, adjusted for situation and opponent and then translated into yardage. According to this, Hillis is the 5th most valuable RB behind Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, The Law Firm and Adrian Peterson. I imagine the 5 fumbles hurt Hillis alot. Also, all 4 running backs ahead of PH have significantly better passing attacks. Hillis is facing a loaded box every week. Therefore IMO I'd rank the top 3 backs this year Foster, Hillis and Charles in that order. Charles has the better yards per carry but Hillis has more TDs 11 to 3. Another thing to note is that out of the top 5 RBs, only AP was a 1st rounder. 2 undrafted, one 7th round "FB" and a 3rd rounder. So much for all of the advanced drafting tools and 24/7/365 scouting agencies.

Also, Danny Woodhead, if he had enough carries, would rank 9th right after Michael Turner and ahead of Ray Rice.

sourceEdited by: Freethinker

ILOLd at that one,FootballDad! Wow, that would be incredible if somehow all three went over 100 yards on the same day PLUS that would mean Hillis went over 1,000 for the season! Could you imagine?!? And I guess its not that far-fetched. There is NO QUESTION that all three (Hillis, Woodhead, Gerhart) could do it, its just a question of will Danny and Toby be given the chance.
Its hard to soak all this in sometimes. I read some of the posts on the first page of this Hillis thread and Don talks about how he has a dream, that a bunch of backs in front of Peyton will go down, he'll get his shot and thrive. You're probably thinking at the time, "yeah right that'll happen and they'll given Peyton a shot," and all of sudden, like, in the blink of an eye, Hillis is the promotional tool being used to lure in DWFs for season tickets, hes having articles written about his "Josh Mcdaniels is an idiot" tour, hes being discussed as possibly THE best back in the league...sometimes I feel like I should pinch myself!