NFL week 1

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Cleveland's sumos on the o-line create a Browns loss. no room to run all day, and no time for McCoy to throw. yuck.

Riddlewire

Master
Off I go to the Cleveland boards, to see Browns fans call for Hardesty to start the rest of the season...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
ball game. ouch. and with that, i'm off. have a good afternoon, gentlemen.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Hillis was still the leading rushers and reciever. Cleveland dropped the ball by not getting a reciever in the draft. I'm happy Pittsburg lost, because of Retard Mendenhall's stupid 9-11 comments. The fans were booing him every time he touched the ball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Raheem's Dreem Teem joins the Steelers in the loss column.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Houston actually has a very white defense, at least all the productive players in todays game were white.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is a comment from a DWF from NFL.com. He basically laughs at the fact that Reed Doughty is playing safety and pays homage to his supa afflete Sean Taylor.

im a die hard skins fan but i think its time to convert to a ravens fan....rex grossman missed a wide open touchdown pass and reed doughty replace SEAN TAYLOR, pathetic. those 3 hoodlums who killed sean need to be stoned and hung in front of every skins fan

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rex Grossman is playing very well for Washington in the first half. I'll be rooting for him as much as any White NFL player this year given the incredible hate he's received over the years, and the very classy way he's handled it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The San Fran-Seattle game has been as awful as one would expect from this Coal Bowl matchup.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Grossman can continue to have a good season. He's among the most hated quarterbacks in the entire league along with Jay Cutler and Jimmy Clausen.

Jared Allen and Brian Robinson split a sack earlier.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Stats thus far on defense
DE
Kyle Vanden Bosh 3 tackles 1 sack
Kroy Bierman 3 takles 1 sack
Chris Long 2 tackles 1 sack
J.J. Watt 5 tackles
Matt Roth 1 sack

LB
Brian Urlacher 10 tackles lead team
Pat Angerer 13 tackles Lead team
Barrett Rudd 14 tackles Lead team
Paul Posluszny 4 tackles 1 pass defend
Chris Matthews 4 tackles
James Laurinatis 6 tackles 1 fumble recovery
Clay Matthews 4 tackles 2 hit Qbs
A.J. Hawk 4 tackles .5 sacks
Scott Shanle 7 tackles
Brian Cushing 7 tackles

S
Tom Zbikowski 6 tackles
Craig Dahl 9 tackles lead team

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Kerrigan with an INT for a TD. Kroy Biermann had a 50 yard INT returned for td earlier today as well :biggrin:

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for the stats! Speaking of defense...

Rookie Ryan Kerrigan in his 1st career Start just made a great play INT for TD! Announcer says "very Clay Matthews-esque"...Aikman said a "very athletic play"

Funny how the only white guys allowed to play in the Bears/Falcons game(besides Nick Reed)...Urlacher & Beirmann...BOTH score TD's!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
more bad news, ****!

Danny Amendola has been diagnosed with a dislocated left elbow, and "his season is likely in doubt."

This, according to the team. If Amendola ends up being lost for the season, it would be a crushing blow for a Rams' receiving corps with more questions than answers following a dreadful performance against the Eagles today.

Dang, that is bad news. I was looking forward to getting to see Danny play. I thought he might have a nice year too. Hopefully he's back to 100% asap.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Rex Grossman is playing very well for Washington in the first half. I'll be rooting for him as much as any White NFL player this year given the incredible hate he's received over the years, and the very classy way he's handled it.

Me too. I was able to visit with Rex Grossman's parents and grandmother in the grove back in '02. They were genuinely nice, humble folks and I'm glad to have had the chance to talk with them for a little bit. I believe Rex is pretty much the same as them and he has not deserved the despicable treatment he's received. I wish him the best.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think a combination of factors will lead to low production numbers for Hillis in the season opener.
Cincinnati will have a poor offense this year. There's no way around that. At the same time, however, their run defense was excellent in the preseason and was pretty good last year, too.
The Browns won't have much trouble stopping the Bengals. That will encourage Shurmur to use the game as an additional "developmental" scrimmage (He's still new at this, after all). He'll want to see as many of his players as possible. Additionally, the offense that they fielded in the preseason seems geared towards spreading the ball around, with more passing than the Browns had last season.
Hillis will be effective, but I'm thinking a 65yd rushing day with 3 catches for 45yd is the most we can hope for in Game 1. And the Browns will win easily.

I'd like to revise my prediction for Hillis.
26 yards on 20 carries.

And 8 sacks and 20 knockdowns for McCoy.

You weren't too far off, at least as far as Hillis was concerned. He ended up with 17 carries for 57 yards and 6 catches for 30 yards.

I was off on my lone college prediction this week. Breitenstein didn't get 100, but he did get 62 and a TD!

foobar75

Master
The San Fran-Seattle game has been as awful as one would expect from this Coal Bowl matchup.

A truly dreadful match-up indeed, but what else can be expected when 90% of the players are black at any given time on the field?

At least Alex Smith is playing well so far. Don't forget to include him on the list of vehemently hated QBs, alongside Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Newton has had a good game against a joke of a defense. This will be a nauseating week.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If the refs didn't "help" Newton, he would have 2 picks on his statline..

Anyways, Patrick Peterson looks like a BUST!