NFL week 1

Riddlewire

Master
The Rams secondary needs a few more weeks of preseason. Or some different players.
Eagles receivers are wide open on most downs.

Riddlewire

Master
The Browns will be much better next week, when they get their O-Line back.
And, with more time to learn the system, they will be very good later in the season.

Riddlewire

Master
Since no one has mentioned it yet, Obama's team is getting destroyed.
Ravens 32 Steelers 7.

And now a fight breaks out.

backrow

Hall of Famer
why is Garcon playing ahead of Gonzalez or White? this fool can't even catch the damn thing! great throw by Collins wasted on him.

i agree with the critique of Evan Moore, he should have used two hands for what would be a TD catch number two, long one at that.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Collins has thrown just 6 times to Whites so far, and 19 times to blacks. The Whites are 3 for 6 and the blacks are 11 for 19. Looks like Collins and the Colts coaches will keep force feeding the ball to their black players ad infinitum, ad nauseam, just like they have for the last several seasons with Peyton Manning.

Riddlewire

Master
I guess I don't understand your question.

Are you asking why he ever plays in front of them?

If that's your question, then I'm surprised you even have to ask.

backrow

Hall of Famer
I guess I don't understand your question.

Are you asking why he ever plays in front of them?

If that's your question, then I'm surprised you even have to ask.

haha, well of course that is what i am asking, rhetorically, man! i just never see anything from this guy that proves that he's even a decent player... no great speed, no hands, wtf. Tamme would be a better receiver than him.

PS Angerer is all over the field. nice hustle, good speed. did you guys see his little juke move when he recovered that fumble?

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
As "bad" as things are going for Hillis, he is still getting a full 1YPC more than Cedric Benson.

backrow

Hall of Famer
damn shame, Collie almost had one. apparently he stepped on the end line.

Riddlewire

Master
I guess Hillis is done for the day.
Why else would you have the backup on the field late when the game is still in doubt?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the link guys. I think they are being careful with Hillis as he is not 100% yet. Probably smart. Evan Moore is by far the best receiver they have. They need to have him on the field the majority of the time. It also would be nice to see the Browns go find a few other white receivers. Let's go Browns!

backrow

Hall of Famer
I guess Hillis is done for the day.
Why else would you have the backup on the field late when the game is still in doubt?

yeah, this is puzzling. it's not like they have this thing put away...

we'll see how that develops. Haden showed up to play, not bad.

Riddlewire

Master
Cleveland's line is getting absolutely no push. They need to rethink their backups, because those guys suck.

That was terrible. They run the toss with pulling lineman and they lose yards. That's just weakness.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what the crap?!? the play calling is just plain bad, as is the o-line's performance.

furthermore, when is the last time Cleveland lined up Hillis behind Marecic and ran some power? they're trying this misdirection, slow-developing crap, and it's looked awful. line up the Juggernaut behind the fullback and let him smash some heads.

Riddlewire

Master
And that's why you don't leave the backup runningback on the field for two series.
Now Cleveland will likely lose.

white is right

Hall of Famer
More Huck Finn nonsense by the broadcasters. They said Hillis' father thought his son wouldn't be much of an athlete. He was scrawny and taught him to catch so he at least would learn that. I guess he could have been skinny, but there is no way a guy with his speed wouldn't have that from birth. If he had never played football he could at least have been a high school level sprinter. Considering he is from a small state he probably could have been a state finalist level sprinter.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Good to see Baltimore smash Pitt (especially since Pitt recently gave huge contracts to Woodley and Timmons).

Good to see Buffalo obliterating KCs "high draft-pick D" AT KC! They also gave a rather ridiculous contract to Tamba Hali (He AIN'T worff that much!).

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
And that's why you don't leave the backup runningback on the field for two series.
Now Cleveland will likely lose.

It's been too close of a game not to have Hillis in there, but the biggest shame is that Evan Moore isn't on the field every play. How long does Moore have to show brillance and sit on the bench? This is now year three since he has shown star ability.

Riddlewire

Master
This loss is on Holmgren.
It was his responsibility to make sure he had competent offensive linemen. He didn't do that.

backrow

Hall of Famer
more bad news, ****!

Danny Amendola has been diagnosed with a dislocated left elbow, and "his season is likely in doubt."

This, according to the team. If Amendola ends up being lost for the season, it would be a crushing blow for a Rams' receiving corps with more questions than answers following a dreadful performance against the Eagles today.