Blue Devils

Mentor
Jurgen is back in prison
smiley13.gif

German Boxing Champ Jailed For Assaults

Blue Devils

Mentor
20100425universum020a.jpg

WBO light heavyweight world champion Jürgen Brähmer (36-2, 29 KOs) dominated #8 rated Mariano Nicolas Plotinsky (16-4, 8 KOs) and got the stoppage in round five on Saturday night's "Universum Champions Night" event at the Sporthalle Hamburg. Brähmer floored Plotinsky at the end of round one and battered Pliotinky mercilessly until the bout was waved off by referee Paul Thomas at 2:36 of the fifth. It was Brähmer's second successful world title defense.

Brähmer-Plotinsky Fight Video

Blue Devils

Mentor
According to Bild Jurgen will face Alejandro Lakatos 31-5-2(23) on July 17.

Lakatos has shared the ring with Michalczewski, Erdei, Garay, and Uzelkov. According to reports the Spanish based Romanian gave Uzelkov some trouble losing a narrow decision in Ukraine.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
We're now into a month with very few interesting fights (from June 19 to July 16), but with the Universum event on July 17 (Brahmer-Lakatos and Alexeev-Lebedev) we'll be into three consecutive weekends with good matchups.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Brahmer should have little trouble against Lakatos.

As far as I know, the winner of Cleverly-Murat on September 18 will become Brahmer's mandatory.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Brahmer is a good fighter but I don't think he's even a top 5 guy at light heavy. I watched him fight Dmitry Sukhotsky and Jurgen was getting pummeled in the middle rounds. He held on to win though and showed a lot of heart. Then again Sukhotsky is a darn good fighter. These are the benefits of having so many talented white fighters in many divisions.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From ESPN

Light heavyweight titleholders Beibut Shumenov (10-1, 6 KOs) and Jürgen Brähmer (36-2, 29 KOs) are close to finalizing a unification bout, promoters Dan Goossen and Universum told ESPN.com. "We're discussing it with them," said Goossen, who promotes Shumenov. "It's an intriguing fight anytime you have two champions fighting one another." Shumenov, 27, who now lives in Las Vegas, was a 2004 Olympian for Kazakhstan before turning pro in 2007. He claimed his belt with a controversial split decision against Gabriel Campillo in their January rematch in Las Vegas and defended it in July, surviving a first-round knockdown in a dominant decision against Vyacheslav Uzelkov. Brahmer, 32, of Germany, has made two title defenses. Goossen wouldn't say when the fight would take place -- other than that they were trying to get it done before the end of the year -- or where they wanted to stage the fight. Shumenov has moved very quickly as a pro and unifying titles in his 12th pro fight is just an extension of that aggressive schedule, Goossen said. "This ties into how Beibut started his career, doing things you didn't think possible by fighting fights people didn't think he should be fighting so soon," Goossen said. "This is just the next step. A victory puts him right there as the man to beat with two titles."

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Thought Cleverly had this fight but guess not. Clev is also #1 challenger for Cloud so hopefully he will take a belt back for us.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Brahmer vs Shumenov on Jan 8 will be the first big fight involving a white boxer in 2011. After that, there won't be any more until Jan 22, a day when several of our better boxers are in action.

Brahmer and Shumenov seem evenly matched - this should be a good, competitive fight.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Let's hope this fight happens. It will be a good one. From Fightnews:

<div id="borderdiv"><div id="date">

</font><center>15</font>
Jan</span></font>
</font></span>
2011</font>
</font>
</center>
</font>
</div>
<div id="line">Brähmer-Cleverly in the works</span></font>

</span></font>
</div>

</div>

According to
promoter Frank Warren, the WBO has ordered light heavyweight champion
Jürgen Brähmer to start negotiations with interim champion Nathan
Cleverly. Warren hopes to stage the fight in the UK, possibly in March.
Brähmer was scheduled to face WBA champion Beibut Shumenov in a
unification fight last week in Kazakhstan, but had to pull out due to
illness on late notice. It's now unlikely that bout will be rescheduled.
</font>

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Braehmer wins by dominant decision.

After the negro was knocked down, he went into survival mode and was just trying to spoil and survive the distance.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Eduard Gutknecht vs. Juergen Braehmer today in Germany.

Streams here:

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/boxing.html

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/81037-Wiziwig-eu-Boxing-and-Fighting-Weekly-Schedule-(28th-Jan-4th-Feb)

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Juergen Braehmer: I believe I am going to wear down Maccarinelli

www.fightnews.com/Boxing/braehmer-i-believe-i-am-going-to-wear-down-maccarinelli-240078

Juergen Braehmer (42-2, 31 KOs) will make the first defense of his WBA light heavyweight title against Enzo Maccarinelli (38-6, 30 KOs) on April 5 in Rostock, Germany. The reigning champion returns to Rostock for the first time since an ill-fated challenge for the WBA crown against Hugo Garay in 2008. With this defeat still fresh in his mind, Braehmer is adamant that history will not repeat itself when he faces Maccarinelli.

Your opponent has said that sparring with the legendary Joe Calzaghe makes him know more about southpaws than anyone else. Does that worry you?

Absolutely – not! When was the last time he sparred Calzaghe – a decade ago? And even if he knows him inside out, it will not help against me. I may be a southpaw but my style is totally different to his famous compatriot. He will find this out sooner rather than later.

What do you see as your key to victory over Maccarinelli on April 5?

I think my ability to adapt and the variety of my attacks will be the deciding factor. It will not only be my selection of punches that does the damage but also their power. Maccarinelli is a former cruiserweight, who has had to come down 25 pounds in weight. I do not see him as a natural light heavyweight and I am known for being a pretty good body puncher, so I believe I am going to wear him down.

What comes to your mind when you think of boxing in Rostock?

That you should only step into the ring when you are fit to fight.

Is this answer related to your missed world title opportunity in 2008?

Yes it is, back then I got roped into the fight by my former management and promoter despite being ill and therefore not in a fit state to compete. The rest is history – history that will not repeat itself. I have sworn this to myself.

You will return to Rostock on April 5 as the defending champion. Is there a difference between defending a title and challenging for it?

When you are the champion you do not have to wait in the ring as long as your opponent for the first bell to ring. Other than that I do not see any real difference, whether it be in the preparation or during the bout. You are fighting for the championship of the world. The man with the biggest heart will win, simple as that.

Your coach Karsten Roewer must have had a lot to do with your recent success. Has he prepared you for the challenge that Maccarinelli will bring to the table?

Definitely! Working with Karsten is fun and he has got me back to the top. He often says the right things in between rounds and sees things that I might not notice in the heat of the battle. We really have a great chemistry. But please do not sit him beside me when I am driving, as he is a terrible back-seat driver – I would rather walk.

You’re 35 years old – is retirement already on your mind?

Certainly not! Just look at the other world champions in my weight class – in comparison to them I am a spring chicken. Hopkins is going to turn 50 and Stevenson is 36. Only Kovalev is younger than me. As long as I am feeling at the top of my game, I will keep on doing what I am doing, and that is defending my belt.

Ambrose

Master
Macaroni is getting really good at not just losing, but losing in an ugly way. He did again. If he isn't getting flattened like a pancake he's getting his face crashed. You gotta check out this picture:

482959207.jpg

Ambrose

Master
Macaroni is 6',5" tall, but only has a 74" reach. He doesn't have the crisp, hard jab, nor does he have any, what I call back door footwork. He does have a long skinny neck which contributes to his weak chin; and he does like to punch to the body to his shorter opponents which exposes that weak chin. A tall guy with short arms leaning forward to punch low will get easily countered to the head. He still hasn't figured that out! He has been poorly trained, he does not have the skill-set required to protect himself, as he lacks some fundamental skills. He needs to quit now and right now. What's he going to do next fight welterweight? Stop. Just stop.