Interesting article about Tebow

Gibbon

Guru
Neocon,

Let's cut to the chase, my contention is simply that you are an anti-Chrisitan bigot and that lies at the heart of your dislike of Tebow. Though anti-Christian bigot is too simple a description. My contention is more specific. My contention is that you are an Anti-White Christian bigot. (I know, I know, impossible you're "White." We've heard the schtick.) I think you're cool with Black Christianity. You know Gospel. Where the Saint MLK found the roots of his activism, where religion served as a means of racial advancement and against white interests, if not, ultimately, also black interests. But you hate White Christendom.

I believe your bias is obvious in your tone.

If an Asian quarterback was finding success in the league and gained a huge, disproportionate Asian following as a consequence ala "Linsanity", you wouldn't be irritated. In fact, I bet you'd be indifferent to happy about it. That's my contention. A contention easily "refuted" by you saying something as simple (and false) as "That's patently untrue. I despise it when anyone doesn't get their fair praise or criticism." Of course, none of us will believe you.

You want Tebow to fail before he gets out of the box and his record of success becomes more or less incontestable, however good a passer he turns out (like I said, I personally offer no projection as to how good he'll be as a player). Because then you'll have to drag your sh*t eating grin into forums and concede that this very, very Christian seeming white is a great athlete worthy of being compared to the other great athletes in the league. It was too late with Warner but, as you know, Tebow is a much, much bigger Christian than Warner (I don't need to repeat the argument as to why this is the case). At least 10 times bigger, but really much bigger than that. And he's a runner. Hell, in order to be successful he'll almost have to beat the blacks at their own game. He'll have to do what they have thus far failed at despite every assistance. A total disaster for bigots like you.

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
This Neocon might as well cut to the chase and use the handle NeoIsrealite. That may be what he's trying to get across by using that handle on this site. Then again, quite possibly he is an actual Isrealite.

If not, he and his crowd may as well have a Star of David brand burned onto their bovine haunches.

Tannehill17

Mentor
I don't know if there's anything to be said about Tebow that hasn't been said already in this thread. Its obvious that he has the physical skills to be a star in this league. I believe Denver was actually developing him the right way until scumbag John Elway came along and pulled the rug out from underneath him. From then on there you knew he wasn't going to get a fair shot.

Whatever happened to developing QB prospects? Obviously Tebow is still a work in progress but I believe he could end up becoming the next Steve Young if developed properly. Unfortunately we live in a braindead society where people have no patience and want instant results. I honestly think if he ends up going to Jacksonville he could surprise a lot of people, especially if he gets the right coaching around him. Unfortunately Jacksonville is not a good team so I don't know if he is going to get that coaching or not, but if they could get someone in there to develop him, then I believe the sky is the limit.

A strong Christian white man like Tebow is the medias public enemy #1

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
RGtT,

I think if Tebow ends up in Jacksonville Khan will be savy enough to get a coach or offensive coordinator that will want to work with Tebow and employ the spread option much like Gremlin and Scam have the benefit of playing in. I think Mularkey is still around so he will have to adapt to Tebow.

In Jacksonville he will be embrace by the media and fanbase and since it is a small market team he wouldn't get the constant criticism from BSPN since he isn't playing in NY or for one of the premiere teams in the league. I do think Jacksonville is his last chance so alot will depend on how they decide to build up the team around him.

I honestly cannot see how Tebow would fail playing in the same offense he did at Florida. The same offense that all the experts said wouldn't work in the NFL yet the year after Tebow is drafted Scam gets drafted and is able to play in that exact offense.

although I know it's not there style of play but maybe Tebow will end up at the Raiders.... They would like the sensation he would cause and they do need a QB

Gibbon

Guru
although I know it's not there style of play but maybe Tebow will end up at the Raiders.... They would like the sensation he would cause and they do need a QB

Hmmm. Not sure Oakland would be a good spot for him. I think there might be a "cultural" incompatibility there like in New York. But who knows? If they actually play him it could work.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Tebow's only real shot is that some NFL coach will decide to implement the college-style read-option spread offense, like the 'Skins, 49ers, Panthers, and Seahawks, and then sees Tebow as the guy to run it. It would be unstoppable.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Tebow's only real shot is that some NFL coach will decide to implement the college-style read-option spread offense, like the 'Skins, 49ers, Panthers, and Seahawks, and then sees Tebow as the guy to run it. It would be unstoppable.

Yes it would definitely be unstoppable. Tebow is better than Scam, Grimlen, Crapernick and Midget. The Tebow situation is possibly the most outrageous example of the caste system in action. THe greatest college player ever, and a proven winner in the pros, and completely sabotaged. I think the NFL will be blacker than ever within ten years.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Hmmm. Not sure Oakland would be a good spot for him. I think there might be a "cultural" incompatibility there like in New York. But who knows? If they actually play him it could work.
I could see him fitting in, in Oakland. In fact that may be the best spot for him. Despite what the media will tell you, Tebow does indeed have a badass side to him which goes right along with that Oakland Raider mentality. Also, don't forget the Raiders have a history of taking players many thought were done for and reviving their careers, ala Jim Plunkett.

Gibbon

Guru
Yes it would definitely be unstoppable. Tebow is better than Scam, Grimlen, Crapernick and Midget. The Tebow situation is possibly the most outrageous example of the caste system in action. THe greatest college player ever, and a proven winner in the pros, and completely sabotaged. I think the NFL will be blacker than ever within ten years.

It is definitely interesting. This is absolutely a case that were he a black quarterback there would be universal media outrage at his treatment.

All that talk of "throwing mechanics" never even would have occurred. They would have simply focused on his strengths instead.

I remember listening to the black commentators complain about how Tebow had been coddled and given so many second chances because he was white when every week his play was so heavily scrutinized and his ability doubted precisely for that reason. They would not have given two hoots if a black quarterback was "winning ugly" and "last minute" like Tebow was. In fact it would be all the more reason to praise him as exciting.

Blacks in the media (and whites) would absolutely be up in arms at this point if Tebow was one of "their" boys.

Gibbon

Guru
I could see him fitting in, in Oakland. In fact that may be the best spot for him. Despite what the media will tell you, Tebow does indeed have a badass side to him which goes right along with that Oakland Raider mentality. Also, don't forget the Raiders have a history of taking players many thought were done for and reviving their careers, ala Jim Plunkett.

He'd succeed anywhere that they committed to building the offense around HIS talents (as many other teams have committed to building like offenses around black quarterbacks with similar skill sets).

I know Tebow is a badass. I just see the Oakland fan base being less supportive and receptive of him as, say, a Jacksonville or Denver fan base. New York was the same. Their fans were at best ambivalent at the prospect of Tim Tebow coming to play for their team. Now that is not to say that NY fans are especially biased against white players. They absolutely adored a great skill player named Chrebet for a while. But the Evangelical Christian thing likely sticks in their craw a bit more.

We shouldn't forget that the fans in Denver put a massive amount of pressure on the team to put him in the starting role. So...even if Tebow were to arrive at Oakland as a starter (and any other scenario is a disaster) it wouldn't hurt him to have fans that were absolutely pumped to have him, as opposed to a herd of fickle urbanites ready to turn on him after any brief run of bad luck.

Coaches and managers are not immune to the preferences of their fans (nor players!). Certainly the key thing is for Tebow to be working with the right Coaches and managers but the fan base of a given franchise is not entirely irrelevant. You can bet, for example, as few carries as Danny Woodhead gets in New England, he'd get less in DC playing for the Redskins even under the same coaches. The coaches know the importance of having the fans into the game.

Last edited:

PHillisFan

Master
Tebow has very few options for a starting job. Places like Arizona, Oakland and KC come to mind where the QB situation is unclear. Another place that might be an option since they just hired the Syracuse head coach and cleaned house is buffalo. They are bringing the Syracuse offense with them it seems. That might might be a good option for Tim.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Tebow's done. There was a chance for redemption in Jacksonville but the high level haters managed to nip that in the bud. There may be some small chance for him as a bit player in New England as Belichick likes to thumb his nose at those unspoken "orders from above" that seem to issue out over the fate of high profile White caste busters.

Other then that, who? He is media poison, and the media conditions the DWF's on how to think. The way they engineered him out of Denver and into NY was an obvious sign that highly placed people wanted his career killed. I have been watching this type of stuff for a while. It's pretty clever but very simple. A player that doesn't play is considered to be a bad player. It's how they kill the careers of White running backs. Draft them into a situation where they won't get to start, wait a couple of years, DWF's forget, and presto--a player is not worth squat.

For example, do you seriously think that the best college running back a few years ago (Toby Gerhart) will ever get a shot at a starting gig? Not going to happen. They buried him behind Peterson, and Peterson at first effed up the strategy by getting injured, but redeemed himself and came back as superman. Gerharts career arc will be as follows: play out his contract as a little used back up in Minnesota....free agent...sign as a back up....minor injury in training camp and/or little playing time in preseason....cut, perhaps rinse and repeat a few times. Eventual running back coach at San Diego State.

Tebow needs to start up his tele-ministry and move onto that money maker while the Christophiles still have unconditional love for him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I watched some of the Packers-49ers game and again I see an offense in the 49ers that Tebow would be a great fit in. It's so funny that Kaepernick also has a hitch in his throwing motion yet no one makes a stink about it. Just another obvious display of hypocrisy.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tim Tebow has been working at at a college in Arizona for around a week now. The rumors are started to heat up about the Cardinals and possilby a few other teams. The Cardinals would be a good fit in my opinion. Even though it's never been a white friendly team, Kurt Wariner lives in the valley and he led the team to a Super Bowl. Both of these guys are christians and he could help to tutor him. You never now. The only other team I could think of would be the Chiefs. Imagine Tebow, Hillis and Charles. That would be a strong run game for sure.

B

Bruce Pierce II

Tim Tebow has been working at at a college in Arizona for around a week now. The rumors are started to heat up about the Cardinals and possilby a few other teams. The Cardinals would be a good fit in my opinion. Even though it's never been a white friendly team, Kurt Wariner lives in the valley and he led the team to a Super Bowl. Both of these guys are christians and he could help to tutor him. You never now. The only other team I could think of would be the Chiefs. Imagine Tebow, Hillis and Charles. That would be a strong run game for sure.
I would hope Tebow goes to the Chiefs but I would not count on the Chiefs keeping Hillis around. The DWF's I think have had enough of him. I hope not but I think it would be a long shot to see all 3 playing together next year.

PHillisFan

Master
Tebow has a strong supporter in new Bears coach Marc Trestman, a quarterback guru who tutored him in preparation for the 2010 Senior Bowl.

"I believe in the right environment Tim Tebow will figure this out," Trestman said at the time to the Morning Journal of Northern Ohio, via ProFootballTalk.com. "He doesn’t have explosive arm strength, but he has more than adequate arm strength to throw the ball in the NFL and make all the throws. I saw him do something totally different in seven or eight days. I can only imagine what he’s going to do in one year or two years, because he’s going to outwork everybody else and find a way to figure it out.”

Trestman tried to recruit Tebow to North Carolina State in 2006, and they stayed in touch. Now he might have a chance to make him Jay Cutler's backup, which would be an odd-couple pairing. It's hard to imagine the moody Cutler buying into the whole Tebow thing.]

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/je...bow?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's interesting to note what new Bears coach Trestman said about Tebow. So Trestman says Tebow has more than adequate arm strength to make all the throws. This describes half the starting qb's in this league. The league has been trying to get rid of Tebow ever since his playoff run. They can't have a white guy trying to run the same offense as other black quarterbacks. I just hope Tebow doesn't let the league push him into retirement. It's not crazy to think that Rex Ryan and Goodell conspired against Tebow and tried to demoralize him as a qb so he can ride off into the sunset. It makes no sense that they traded for him and never used him once. They made his mockery out of his skills. This had to be a plan between the league and the jets from the get-go.

PHillisFan

Master
Nfl network interviewed former GM Charlie Casserly a while back spoke about Chip Kelly and the qb for his offense. The host from nfl network threw Tebow at Casserly as a possible fit and much to my surprise Casserly thought Tebow was a perfect fit in Chip Kelly's offense because not only can he run the read option, but he's built like an ox and take the hits outside the pocket unlike a frail vick. I really do hope Chip Kelly gives Tebow a good look and brings in a good qb coach to work with him.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Nfl network interviewed former GM Charlie Casserly a while back spoke about Chip Kelly and the qb for his offense. The host from nfl network threw Tebow at Casserly as a possible fit and much to my surprise Casserly thought Tebow was a perfect fit in Chip Kelly's offense because not only can he run the read option, but he's built like an ox and take the hits outside the pocket unlike a frail vick. I really do hope Chip Kelly gives Tebow a good look and brings in a good qb coach to work with him.
Thats what I was saying the other day, that Tebow would be pretty similar to what Tebow ran in college, except Oregon had trouble getting tough yards most of the time, especially against teams with big front 7s. Florida would have had the same problem if it weren't for Tebow. The best way for his offense to succeed in the NFL is to have Tebow. Carolina ran some similar stuff as far as the running game goes with Cam Newton, he is able to get tough yards as well, although I think we would break down faster being taller a nd that Tebow is the better runner overall. It would be nice to see him reunited with Cooper who maybe can actually get a chance. Maclin won't be able to block downfield as well, and DeSean Jackson hah, not a chance. I would turn DeSean Jackson into a Percy Harvin type guy (how he was used at UF) running the ball to the outside and receiving. I mean they could run triple option plays with one back lined up next to Tebow with Jackson in the slot and if Tebow keeps Jackson can go backwards a few yards so Tebow has the option to pitch it or keep it based on the read. I mean this concept was used at UF and with Chip Kellly. From what I have seen of his offense its a lot of short littel dinks and dunks but I think that had more to do with the qbs he had, there w2ould be more deep shots.

PHillisFan

Master
Thats what I was saying the other day, that Tebow would be pretty similar to what Tebow ran in college, except Oregon had trouble getting tough yards most of the time, especially against teams with big front 7s. Florida would have had the same problem if it weren't for Tebow. The best way for his offense to succeed in the NFL is to have Tebow. Carolina ran some similar stuff as far as the running game goes with Cam Newton, he is able to get tough yards as well, although I think we would break down faster being taller a nd that Tebow is the better runner overall. It would be nice to see him reunited with Cooper who maybe can actually get a chance. Maclin won't be able to block downfield as well, and DeSean Jackson hah, not a chance. I would turn DeSean Jackson into a Percy Harvin type guy (how he was used at UF) running the ball to the outside and receiving. I mean they could run triple option plays with one back lined up next to Tebow with Jackson in the slot and if Tebow keeps Jackson can go backwards a few yards so Tebow has the option to pitch it or keep it based on the read. I mean this concept was used at UF and with Chip Kellly. From what I have seen of his offense its a lot of short littel dinks and dunks but I think that had more to do with the qbs he had, there w2ould be more deep shots.

My sentiments exactly, dwid. There really isn't a better landing spot for Tebow this offseason than Philadelphia. He's a magician in that offense. He can take the hits. Tebow is fearless. He's the missing ingredient as far as i'm concerned. He's not a great passer, but he's an underrated passer. He can make the throws when it counts. If he can get a good qb coach to work with him he can be at best a poor man's steve young eventually. Maybe even better. Who knows. And I use the analogy because when steve young broke into the league he was labeled hot garbage. The same adversity Tebow has dealt with more or less. All he needs is a coach to commit to him and surround him with talent. There is no better reason to not root for Tebow. His success is the ultimate defeat to the DWF's who drool over the negro black quarterbacks who can do it all.

dwid

Hall of Famer
"I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want a quarterback who can beat you with his arm. We are not a Tim Tebow type of quarterback team. I am not going to run my quarterback 20 times on power runs." - Chip Kelly

So much for that. Did Chip Kelly even watch Tebow at Florida? He ran outside just as much as he did inside, in fact his Heisman year was mostly zone read where he went to the outside and a smaller back was the inside guy. Florida just got smart and realized that using the rb as the outside threat some and Tebow as the inside threat worked pretty well, you have to mix things up. I am guessing Tebow's career is over, at least his chances to start. All this hype over a running qb and NOBODY wants Tebow. Kelly said he might use Foles who ran a 5.1, while I want Foles to start, I don't know how he would do in the read option. You don't have to run a fast time for it to work, the qb just has to be a threat to run, most run under 5 seconds though.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I see Nick Foles mainly as a drop back passer. It’s hard to picture him fitting in at Philadelphia. I’m curious how that situation will develop.

Here’s something crazy, Tim Tebow as a Houston Texan. I think their offense needs an extra kick in the pants. I pull for Matt Schaub, but he is just not converting in crunch time. Tebow could add an extra dimension in situational downs. With all the other weapons they have it be would entertaining to see how defenses would react. Of course, it will never happen.

PHillisFan

Master
"I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want a quarterback who can beat you with his arm. We are not a Tim Tebow type of quarterback team. I am not going to run my quarterback 20 times on power runs." - Chip Kelly

So much for that. Did Chip Kelly even watch Tebow at Florida? He ran outside just as much as he did inside, in fact his Heisman year was mostly zone read where he went to the outside and a smaller back was the inside guy. Florida just got smart and realized that using the rb as the outside threat some and Tebow as the inside threat worked pretty well, you have to mix things up. I am guessing Tebow's career is over, at least his chances to start. All this hype over a running qb and NOBODY wants Tebow. Kelly said he might use Foles who ran a 5.1, while I want Foles to start, I don't know how he would do in the read option. You don't have to run a fast time for it to work, the qb just has to be a threat to run, most run under 5 seconds though.

Is that quote recent or from college? Chip Kelly already wants his former qb Dixon from the Ravens to add to the roster. If Kelly is smart he won't try to make him a starter. Kelly can't expect his former lanky qbs to take the punishing hits outside the pocket in the nfl. There's no better guy than Tim Tebow because like I said he'll built like a brick and knows how to run.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Is that quote recent or from college? Chip Kelly already wants his former qb Dixon from the Ravens to add to the roster. If Kelly is smart he won't try to make him a starter. Kelly can't expect his former lanky qbs to take the punishing hits outside the pocket in the nfl. There's no better guy than Tim Tebow because like I said he'll built like a brick and knows how to run.

probably from his college days, couldn't find out, but did find out that they left this out : If I had a Tim Tebow, I might change my mind. You do not find the 6'4", 240-pound, 4.6 quarterbacks too many times." I am assuming its college because it turns out Tebow is 6'2 or 6'3 at the tallest