Free Agency 2006

G

I think JJ will start in Cleveland as well. I also think that Crennel gives more of a chance to white players than many white coaches. He seems to be fair and judge on talent. I have read he is completly enamored with AJ Hawk which is pretty cool.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have read the same thing pittbc7.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's great news guys.Hopefully Joe will start,become a fan favorite and finally get the respect he deserves.He is a really outstanding wide receiver!

guest301

Hall of Famer
He's already a fan favorite in Cleveland.
smiley1.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I'm really hoping Crennel gets Hawk or Greenway in the draft. This is a guy whose system turned Mike Vrabel and Tedy Bruschi into pro bowlers.. so he know that white LBs are the way to go!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Marc Boerigter signed with the Packers! I really like this signing. If Green Bay grants Javon Walker's wish and trades him, Donald Driver will be the only good receiver left on the roster other than Boerigter. Robert Ferguson is clearly a bust, though he's one of those black receivers who's given a decade to conclusively prove it.

Marc has a very good chance to be the Packers' #3 receiver this season. (I'd say #2 but we know how the NFL works.) At any rate this gives him a chance to resurrect his career by getting away from Dick Vermeil and getting a fresh chance with the Packers, whose new head coach, Mike McCarthy, is obviously not the Caste System disciple that Mike Sherman was.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=411049

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a great move by the Packers.He should bring back memories of Bill Schroeder.I hope he can stay healthy and put up big numbers this year.Brett Favre really needs another go to guy with great hands & speed.

G

I was about to post this. Im happy for Boerigter who a few years ago was the Chiefs big play guy. He will be a good addition to the team. Hopefully Hawk lands in Green Bay as well. Ben Taylor also signed with the Pack last week. Hopefully they add 3-4 white players via the draft.

G

Mike Furrey signed with the Lions giving them another white DB to go along with Jon McGraw.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
This Mike Furrey example is why I hate the NFL. How can a guy get 55 tackles and 4 INTs despite only starting 11 games and yet he still gets cut. I mean come on what a bunch of B.S. The Lions should have him penciled in as the starting FS but no he's white so he'll have to settle for constant position changes and always playing second fiddle.

devans

Mentor
WhiteCB asks...
"How can a guy get 55 tackles and 4 INTs despite only starting 11 games and yet he still gets cut?"

Two words

Jim Haslett.

G

Rams | Pyatt signed
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:35:33 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the St. Louis Rams have signed free agent WR Brad Pyatt (Colts) to a one-year, $432,500 contract. He will receive a $7,500 signing bonus and a minimum base salary of $425,000. Pyatt had a two-year offer from the Pittsburgh Steelers, but decided to take the one-year offer from the Rams.

This gives the Rams three white wrs...Curtis,Pyatt and Looker. Very nice...it also gives me hope the Steelers are looking for a PR/KR guy and could get Bloom.

devans

Mentor
I hate to be a pessimist but I fear that Looker and Pyatt will be battling for the final WR roster spot come August. I hope I'm wrong. The Rams did keep three white WR's two years ago in Looker Curtis and Furrey.

G

Thats true...maybe Mcdonald will get cut...wishful thinking I guess. Well if Looker or Pyatt gets cut than hopefully another team picks one of them up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Man,Pyatt would have looked great in the Black & Gold.At least he went to the Rams.I really like the Rams,along with the Colts & Titans.I've been a Steeler fan since I was a little kid.

robcat

Guru
The Rams purged their white safeties and Looker will be next. If Pyatt makes the team it will be aas a kickreturner. The most important thing will be how they use Curtis. If he starts then i may have been overly pessimistic. If Bruce starts the Rams are just another almost all black team in the post Martz era.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nick Greisen, a very good linebacker, was signed by Jacksonville, where he'll be the frontrunner to become the starter at weakside LB. Greisen was a backup with the Giants but started a fair amount of games because of injuries to the team's starters. He's another white player who gets no respect from fans even though he is almost always productive when he plays.

Apparently the Jax "brain trust" of Del Rio and Tice have decided that Matt Jones might feel a little more comfortable having a white teammate.
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Greisen is a very solid LB, i am a little biased here cuz i actually know him and he is a great guy as well... Giants are idiots to let him walk...

nj816

I couldn't agree with the you more on Greisen as he was my favorite player on the Giants. Of course the media here and most Giant fans could care less about his departure with the signing of Arrington.

Greisen was arguably the Giants best defensive player last year, let alone linebacker. He played all three linebacker positions equally well and was always around the ball. Of course his reward for this was take a hike Nick you overachieving, limited upside, mediocre cracker, we are going to bring back the great Brandon Short. What a F***ing joke.

The main culprit here is Ernie " I wear the worst wig known to man" Acorsi.He is one of the biggest proponets of the caste system.He has turned the Giants from one of the more caste friendly teams into the Jaguars of the NFC EAST. In any interview you here or read about with Acorsi all he evers talks about is speed, and we all know what that translates to.

In the last three years,Acorsi has brought in and overpaid for several underachieving, great athletes such as Carlos Emmons, Barrett Green, Kareem McKenzie and the perpetual malcontent Plaxico Burress who showed his true colors at the end of last season. Yet he remains more determined than ever to turn the Giants roster into an NAACP convention. The Giants currently have ONE, let me repeat that ONE white defensive player (Chase Blackburn)heading into training camp. And Acorsi did his best to alleviate that transgression yesterday by drafting Gerris Wilkerson in the third round, along with six other great black athletes. Wilkerson is a linebacker that is described by the scouting reports as slow and unathletic. When a scouting service applys this to a terminology to a black player he has to be about as athletic as most residents at a convalescent facility. Word to Chase Blackburn- don't even bother packing your bags for training camp.

Acorsi is still hailed as an absolute genius by the media here and most fans have been coerced into believing that also. I know that he is retiring at the end of this year, but the damage has already been done. I'm sure his replacement will strive to continue his legacy in a league that is truly becoming a blacks only club.

G

I am taking a year off from being a Steeler fan unless somehow Jason Baker, Mik Lorello, Scott Paxson, Isaac Smolko and Mike Kudla all make the team and displace some of the overrated blacks. Paxson has a good shot at beating out the overrated and lazy Orien Harris. Paxson is a great player who plays up to his potential...in caste words he is a high motor guy who gets all he can out of his limited athleticism. The lazy Harris however is heralded as a great athlete with potential yet he did not produce in college. Mike Lorello played in the same conference as Anthony Smith on a better team and was an all conference selection on defense yet he goes undrafted. They both have the same timed 40 speeds and Lorello had just as good production yet he goes undrafted. Isaac Smolko is faster than Davis...4.7 to 4.91 and is a better blocker yet he goes undrafted and they get Charles Davis. I looked at the stats and Davis was a moreproductive reciever but Smolko's catches also were for alot of yards. They have Heath Miller and they needed too get a blocking back to replace Tuman so they get some overrated recieving TE who cannot block. Jason Baker is a guy I do not know much about but he seems to have some upisde to him and was a ballhawk at East Carolina. I am really hopiing somehow Lorello and Baker beat out jerome thug carter and overrated anthony smith. Kudla should have been drafted on the first day and if he does not displace one of the crappy black players like rian goo wallace in training camp I will be veyr upset. People say to move Kudla to the outside but I think as an ILB in the 3-4 he could become the next Bruschi. The guy is big, strong and fast. He can stop the run as well as get to the QB. Adam Herzing is also doing very well in NFL Europe yet they bring in some willie reid who is full of speed and give the position to him while Herzing toils away in Europe working his ass off proving he can play. I hope he gets a shot. Chris Samp is another nfl europe guy that the steelers let go of and he is having a real nice season over there.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ed Hinkel signed with Colts after being released by the Ravens. Sounds like Baltimore screwed him over pretty bad. If John Standeford is still with Indy then they have him and Hinkel possibly fighting for a spot. Maybe one of them will get a chance to be a back-up. Knowing how much talent both have it's a shame the road they're forced to take. Hinkel definitely should have been drafted.

http://colts.scout.com/2/538514.html